Last Knights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
A fallen swordsman (Clive Owen) leads a small army against a sadistic ruler to avenge his dishonored master (Morgan Freeman).

e44QilQbvB0

Tzeentch
It says a lot about the film that even the trailer can't make the fight scenes look compelling.

Anyway, is Morrigan Freeman going to die 30 minutes into the film?

jaden101
Doesn't look as bad as Seventh Son

Dreampanther
While Seventh Son didn't impress me that much either (I thought Hanzel and Gretel: Witch Hunters did it better), it did have one of the best lines I've heard in a movie this year:

"You must never have more than one sip of this per day."
"Why?"
"Because it is mine."

Made me lol.

As for Last Knights, I'll probably watch it just because I'm a Clive Owen fan. Don't think I'll bother going to the theatre, though.

Robtard
Seventh Son was complete shit and I'm pretty sure Jeff Bridges just redid his R.I.P.D. character with some slight changes

This looks meh at best, will download.

Kazenji
I somewhat that Seventh Son movie but not ecstatic like some of the recent Marvel movies.

Dreampanther
Turned out to be quite a decent movie, actually.

Robtard
Found it to be very dull. Not terrible like 7th Son, but it offered nothing new or exciting.

Dreampanther
I agree that there wasn't as much action as there could have been, but I ended up liking the story and characters more than I thought I would. It had a samurai feel to it, all about honour and bushido and redemption.

I thought there wouldn't be much of a story or a plot - just lots of action and fighting. So when it turned almost the opposite of that, it was a pleasant surprise. Not the best movie I have seen this year, but by far not the worst.

Robtard
The story was basically Forty-seven Ronin, with a Euro-fusion to the heavily Asian themed background.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Robtard
The story was basically Forty-seven Ronin, with a Euro-fusion to the heavily Asian themed background.

Can't really argue with that. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I didn't really know much about the movie, apart from briefly watching a trailer, so I sort of half-expected a Seventh Son fantasy-type movie with cheap special effected. Since my expectations were set pretty low, the samurai influence caught me by pleasant surprise.

Kazenji
I seen Joblo.com rating for this movie. Gave it a 5/10

Patient_Leech
Looks decent.

Mindset
It sucked.

Patient_Leech
Well, the cinematography looks decent at least. Heh

Mindset
Meh, you may like it.

I wouldn't pay to see it though. thumb up

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Mindset
Meh, you may like it.

I wouldn't pay to see it though. thumb up

I definitely wouldn't bother to go see it on the big screen.

jmarsh456
A really great movie.

marwash22
Morgan Freeman stays getting checks.

hardest working man in hollywood.

marwash22
Originally posted by jmarsh456
A really great movie. damn, got my sock account.

peaches

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.