Jay Garrick Vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/JG_zps6qattsnu.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/NR_zpsgg9hx5nk.jpg

Stoic
Interesting. I'm trying to imagine Namor fighting Marvel's Hermes, and how well he would do in that fight. jay has super human strength right? I mean to a degree.

h1a8
Jay wins easily

riv6672
Since when did Jay get super strength?

tkitna
Has Jay beaten characters on Namors level before?

Rezactic
Originally posted by tkitna
Has Jay beaten characters on Namors level before? He has dominated Black Adam a few times, he also has superhuman durability as Zoom punched him all the way from New York to Texas.

riv6672
Flying bricks fear the Flash Family.

tkitna
Originally posted by Rezactic
He has dominated Black Adam a few times, he also has superhuman durability as Zoom punched him all the way from New York to Texas.

Then I see no way for Namor to win. Thanks

Mindset
He has dominated Black Adam a few times, he also has superhuman durability as Zoom punched him all the way from New York to Texas. When did he dominate BA?

Namor wins.

Golgo13
JSA 33.

Mindset
Nope, never happened.

Golgo13
JSA 35.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
When did he dominate BA?

Never.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3752848-black+adam+vs+jsa+3.jpg

Mindset
thumb up

Digi
Originally posted by Golgo13
JSA 33.

What Volume? I just looked at the one from '02 and '10, and neither even include Black Adam.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
What Volume? I just looked at the one from '02 and '10, and neither even include Black Adam. He's just saying random issues.

I know because that's one of my old debating tactics. thumb up

cdtm
What Volume? I just looked at the one from '02 and '10, and neither even include Black Adam.

It happens within the first 10-20 issues of Johns run, I believe. Well before Black Reign.

And Jay in no way "dominated". At most, he had a slight upper hand until Adam cut him down with a thunderclap.

Digi
He edited it to 35, but my question holds. BA is nowhere to be found. I don't think he's just making it up, but I'm curious what volume he's talking about.

But if the scan posted is it, then lol.

cdtm
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111130781/3494468-8043952237-29559.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125716/3343162-2838044-1973623_black_adam_and_jay_2.jpg

That's the entire fight.

Golgo13
I just meant JSA 33-35 were my favorite.

Digi
Lol. And that's why you had one issue number in the posts even with two tries, immediately after a post asking for an issue number of a feat, and another denying that it happened in the issue you named...instead of 'JSA 33-35 are my favorite'. Gotcha.

Golgo13
Lol. And that's why you had one issue number in the posts even with two tries, immediately after a post asking for an issue number of a feat, and another denying that it happened in the issue you named...instead of 'JSA 33-35 are my favorite'. Gotcha.

How do you see the fight going?

Digi
laughing out loud

I don't have an opinion on the fight. I was curious about the discussion, and got led on a wild goose chase by your misleading post. I'm always willing to give people benefit of the doubt, but I dislike having my time wasted by avoidable ambiguity.

Existere
I just meant JSA 33-35 were my favorite. Your favourite what?

Mindset
Lol. And that's why you had one issue number in the posts even with two tries, immediately after a post asking for an issue number of a feat, and another denying that it happened in the issue you named...instead of 'JSA 33-35 are my favorite'. Gotcha. Lol, I told you what he was doing.

I'm in his head.

beatboks
Jay didnt "dominate" BA but he was certsinly on several occasions able to handle him
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2029452-black_adam_and_jay_1.jpg

BA couldnt even block his blows or counter him. The only way he could deal with Jay was a thunder clap to put innocents in danger
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2029453-black_adam_and_jay_2.jpg

There are a few others.

Id also love to know what the sxan from Black reign is supposed to prove. Jay repeatedly attacked in a blitz and BA swinging an arm was always going to hit any I ne in arms reach. That can and did only work because BA had his back to a wall (tthe rocks behind him) limiting the angles Jay could attack from.

Namor doesnt have BA's speed and his strength isnt quite there either.

Considering the number of times that Jay was last or second last man standing of the JSA when greater powerhouses had fallen I'd say he takes it in a slight majority. Namor would need a lot of conditions in his favor to take the win

Golgo13
laughing out loud

I don't have an opinion on the fight. I was curious about the discussion, and got led on a wild goose chase by your misleading post. I'm always willing to give people benefit of the doubt, but I dislike having my time wasted by avoidable ambiguity.

You're the JSA expert. You should have caught that a mile away. wink

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
Jay didnt "dominate" BA but he was certsinly on several occasions able to handle him
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2029452-black_adam_and_jay_1.jpg

BA couldnt even block his blows or counter him. The only way he could deal with Jay was a thunder clap to put innocents in danger
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2029453-black_adam_and_jay_2.jpg

There are a few others.

Id also love to know what the sxan from Black reign is supposed to prove. Jay repeatedly attacked in a blitz and BA swinging an arm was always going to hit any I ne in arms reach. That can and did only work because BA had his back to a wall (tthe rocks behind him) limiting the angles Jay could attack from.

Namor doesnt have BA's speed and his strength isnt quite there either.

Considering the number of times that Jay was last or second last man standing of the JSA when greater powerhouses had fallen I'd say he takes it in a slight majority. Namor would need a lot of conditions in his favor to take the win

thumb up

Digi
You're the JSA expert. You should have caught that a mile away. wink

Yeah, because I memorize issue numbers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You're not making it easy to believe you weren't just pulling those issue #'s out of your ass. I'm finding it difficult to take nearly any of your threads seriously these days.

Golgo13
Yeah, because I memorize issue numbers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You're not making it easy to believe you weren't just pulling those issue #'s out of your ass. I'm finding it difficult to take nearly any of your threads seriously these days.

Like I can remember every issue. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It happens. smile

cdtm

It looked like Adam was trading punches on the first page.

And the second time they fought, he tagged him mid blitz for the KO:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3752848-black+adam+vs+jsa+3.jpg

Existere
You're not making it easy to believe you weren't just pulling those issue #'s out of your ass. Originally posted by Golgo13
It happens. smile #confirmed

Golgo13
Damn, Jay doing that when he's an old ass fart. Impressive. yes

Mindset
Shut up, PM.

Golgo13
8CyRiwED7s8

Mindset
Lol, who got banned for posting that gif of him?

Rezactic
Originally posted by cdtm
It happens within the first 10-20 issues of Johns run, I believe. Well before Black Reign.

And Jay in no way "dominated". At most, he had a slight upper hand until Adam cut him down with a thunderclap. I said dominated, I never said he won, but Jay was beating him until the thunder clap, and Adam is also stronger and way faster than Namor is so it shouldn't really be relevant since Namor won't be able to tag or keep up with Jay (who's reflexes are nanosecond level)

And even if Namor did manage to land a hit (which is unlikely) he's not going to KO someone instantly that survived getting knocked across the country.

beatboks
It looked like Adam was trading punches on the first page.

And the second time they fought, he tagged him mid blitz for the KO:

Trading blows would require one to actually connect, if a blow from BA actually hit Jay in that fight in that fight then Jay would have been sent flying. He wasnt and instead was pushing BA onto the defensive. Then Adam had to resort to a thunderclap (again proof that he couldn't have tagged him) to get Jay dealing with something else.

In Black Reign BA is being attacked by several and has been pushed back into an outcropped rock. We clearly see it and we clearly see all Jays blitzes occur in a 90 degree arc access. His access was limited. Again I ask what does a taller guy (BA is always depicted as taller) swinging an arm in an area he knows hes going to be attacked from (because he has already been for several attacks that he failed to defend against) and hitting him prove?

We know that BA is no where nesr the speed of Jay. When Jay stole his speed to travel back to ancient Egypt BA was tapering off speed wise well below light speed (somewhere over hald light speed). We also saw in that issue that BA was well behind Jay when he actually took his speed to go superluminAl (BA was uncharacteristically depicted as half Jay'sJay's height to jndicate just how far behind he was). Yet we're supposed to believe that later in Black Reign when he was shown being struck in one panel by jay dozens of times with nothing more than throwing arms up in defense that the strike was more than the shere percentages favoring a swinging arm hitting someoen in reach in a 90 degree angle??

beatboks
I said dominated, I never said he won, but Jay was beating him until the thunder clap, and Adam is also stronger and way faster than Namor is so it shouldn't really be relevant since Namor won't be able to tag or keep up with Jay (who's reflexes are nanosecond level)

And even if Namor did manage to land a hit (which is unlikely) he's not going to KO someone instantly that survived getting knocked across the country.

BA is a lot faster than Namor but the strength difference I would not say is not as great. Way back in Avengers 4 or 5 when Namor faces them he proves to be pretty close in strength to Hulk and Thor. BA gets his strength and durability from two gods so may be stronger but not leagues stronger. His durability however is greater by a lot.

ODG
JSA 33. Originally posted by Mindset
Nope, never happened. Originally posted by Golgo13
JSA 35. Originally posted by Digi
What Volume? I just looked at the one from '02 and '10, and neither even include Black Adam. Originally posted by Golgo13
I just meant JSA 33-35 were my favorite. http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/kanyeblink.gif

Golgo13
rolling on floor laughing

abhilegend
Jay also beat the shit out of Alan in JSA 65.

riv6672
Originally posted by ODG
http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/kanyeblink.gif

Good reading after being away a day.

And, the above post was ACES! laughing out loud

Curse
Jay should take this easily.

namorsubby
I feel like namor could win this. If you take into account Jays higher end, then it becomes less likely.

Board Walker
Namor can shoot water from his hands?

cdtm
Trading blows would require one to actually connect, if a blow from BA actually hit Jay in that fight in that fight then Jay would have been sent flying. He wasnt and instead was pushing BA onto the defensive. Then Adam had to resort to a thunderclap (again proof that he couldn't have tagged him) to get Jay dealing with something else.

In Black Reign BA is being attacked by several and has been pushed back into an outcropped rock. We clearly see it and we clearly see all Jays blitzes occur in a 90 degree arc access. His access was limited. Again I ask what does a taller guy (BA is always depicted as taller) swinging an arm in an area he knows hes going to be attacked from (because he has already been for several attacks that he failed to defend against) and hitting him prove?

We know that BA is no where nesr the speed of Jay. When Jay stole his speed to travel back to ancient Egypt BA was tapering off speed wise well below light speed (somewhere over hald light speed). We also saw in that issue that BA was well behind Jay when he actually took his speed to go superluminAl (BA was uncharacteristically depicted as half Jay'sJay's height to jndicate just how far behind he was). Yet we're supposed to believe that later in Black Reign when he was shown being struck in one panel by jay dozens of times with nothing more than throwing arms up in defense that the strike was more than the shere percentages favoring a swinging arm hitting someoen in reach in a 90 degree angle??

Jay speed stealing Adam is a valid tactic, but one that's ooc for a board fight.

Saying Adam was merely flailing his arms around at the same spot and randomly hit Jay seems like a stretch of logic, imo. Those speed blitz lines cover most of Adams body, and we don't know in what order they connected, and that backhand looks like a measured response to me. It doesn't prove they're the same speed, but it certainly proves he's not getting blitzed before he responds.

Bottom line is, we both agree Jay didn't dominate in either of those scans. Jays faster, but not fast enough to beat him down if he doesn't speed steal, seems to be your opinion too, so no idea what we're arguing about.

Anyways, Namor's nowhere near as fast as Adam, nor as durable, and should be in trouble here..

Rezactic
Originally posted by Board Walker
Namor can shoot water from his hands? I believe Ultimate Namor had Hydrokinesis but not 616

It doesn't really matter though as Jay could casually thrash either.

beatboks
Jay speed stealing Adam is a valid tactic, but one that's ooc for a board fight.

Saying Adam was merely flailing his arms around at the same spot and randomly hit Jay seems like a stretch of logic, imo. Those speed blitz lines cover most of Adams body, and we don't know in what order they connected, and that backhand looks like a measured response to me. It doesn't prove they're the same speed, but it certainly proves he's not getting blitzed before he responds.

Bottom line is, we both agree Jay didn't dominate in either of those scans. Jays faster, but not fast enough to beat him down if he doesn't speed steal, seems to be your opinion too, so no idea what we're arguing about.

Anyways, Namor's nowhere near as fast as Adam, nor as durable, and should be in trouble here..

Speed steal is definitely out of character for Jay. Even though hes the only one beside Wally to have ever done it, when he did so to Superman he stated it fealt like cheating. So its definetely NOT a go to tactic for him, but something he has to be convinced to do.

Way I see in in the fight in the eary JSA run BA couldnt have hit Jay with any real force or it would have been over. Jay's speed force aura simply isnt enough to protect him from a blow from that powerful a character.

No Jay definitely did not dominate. The way I see it at best he can do is stalemate BA for a preiod. BA's durability is just too damn much for any character to "ddominate"

And year Namor isnt on BA'BA's level though based on classic showings against Thor and Hulk etc he can still make a fight on that level (of course so can Howkman who in Black reign lead ins fought BA for 7 pages before he took a runner. He can tank the damage just cant diah enough out without the claw)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.