Hercules vs. Annihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Can Hercules beat him?

Sin I AM
Naw. It would be good though

leonidas
if he has the rod, it would be too big an advantage. without, would be a much closer fight.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
if he has the rod, it would be too big an advantage. without, would be a much closer fight.

StiltmanFTW
How powerful truly is Annihilus without the CCR?

DarkSaint85
Wasn't Johnny with the CCR literally treating him like his *****?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Meh.. It's really standard equip for him anyway. Him not having it just serves to further the story it involves.

Sin I AM

Id say stronger and more durable than a non jobbing thing

Insane Titan
Bran is the guy to ask about Annihilus.

Annihilus wins with and without the rod

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wasn't Johnny with the CCR literally treating him like his *****?

That's correct, but Annihilus was/is in his pupa stage of growth (he's still a child). Currently he has been infused with gamma rays, and has become a new Hulk spawn. Johnny also had the CCR when he was beating him as well from what I recall.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Good fight and close imo.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Bran is the guy to ask about Annihilus.

Annihilus wins with and without the rod

Without is pushing it. Especially if this is a serious herc

leonidas
without i'd take herc, but anny is quite durable and it wouldn't be easy. with it, just gives him too big a range advantage plus pretty solid firepower.

Stoic
without i'd take herc, but anny is quite durable and it wouldn't be easy. with it, just gives him too big a range advantage plus pretty solid firepower.

Currently Anni is above Herc's weight class. With or without it, he'd probably beat Herc.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
Currently Anni is above Herc's weight class. With or without it, he'd probably beat Herc.

Based on what exactly

carver9

We don't know if he will keep that amp. Think it was just an amp for that series. Regular Ann would pull the majority, with the rod, it's a stomp.

Sin I AM
Y do people feel like annhi is so much above herc. What has he done

leonidas
without the rod, not much so not sure where carv is getting that from. he's def tough--as shown against--but herc>>ben. anyway, with the current hulk amp he'd be above herc most likely, though it's hard to say for sure given that the fight was so abbreviated. AND retarded. if he gets that fear power, then sure. anyway, i'd still take herc without the rod, but not easily.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Based on what exactly

Based on the Hulk being stronger than Herc, and Anni appearing to be stronger than the Hulk. Then you have the CCR, which is standard equipment for him as Mjolnir is standard equipment for Thor. So yeah he's above Herc's weight class, with or without the CCR. The same question can be asked about Herc. When has he ever towered above two opponents as powerful as Nova Prime, and Quasar? This was without the gamma buff. If Herc can crack the carapace, then he has a chance, but that's pretty unlikely.

Insane Titan
Y do people feel like annhi is so much above herc. What has he done he easily owned Nova Prime and Quasar together, and was before he took the quantum bands for Quasar.

krisblaze
Without the rod Annihilus' got some good and some bad feats.

A couple of times it looks like he's about to wreck the F4, other times he's been taken down by far less.

Loeb's F4 run comes to mind.

ShadowFyre
So is Ann above Herc before the gamma incident? Marvel has the worst strength fluctuations ever. (Black Panther being stronger than, Annihilus, Ronan, Glads and Super Skrull).

Without Rod and Amp- Herc
With-Annihilus

Sin I AM
he easily owned Nova Prime and Quasar together, and was before he took the quantum bands for Quasar.

That's not his norm. That was HIS event btw, anyway quasar was a scrub and nova a rookie with his new powerset. Not taking anything away from the feat just do see a need to dick ride when its not his average.

Based on the Hulk being stronger than Herc, and Anni appearing to be stronger than the Hulk. Then you have the CCR, which is standard equipment for him as Mjolnir is standard equipment for Thor. So yeah he's above Herc's weight class, with or without the CCR. The same question can be asked about Herc. When has he ever towered above two opponents as powerful as Nova Prime, and Quasar? This was without the gamma buff. If Herc can crack the carapace, then he has a chance, but that's pretty unlikely.

Abc logic ftw i see. Well one its arguable who's stronger. There's definitely no definitive answer. I already said herc would lose if he had the ccr, without it is a completely different match. This aint ben the bug is facing

carver9
It's debatable who's stronger?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
It's debatable who's stronger?

You have on panel definitive (not subjective Phucking definitive) proof that the current incarnation of hulk or annihilus or whomever you're alluding to is stronger than classic immortal Hercules?

Insane Titan
That's not his norm. That was HIS event btw, anyway quasar was a scrub and nova a rookie with his new powerset. Not taking anything away from the feat just do see a need to dick ride when its not his average.

Abc logic ftw i see. Well one its arguable who's stronger. There's definitely no definitive answer. I already said herc would lose if he had the ccr, without it is a completely different match. This aint ben the bug is facing him with the rod is his average.

Read through his feats, its his average

carver9
You have on panel definitive (not subjective Phucking definitive) proof that the current incarnation of hulk or annihilus or whomever you're alluding to is stronger than classic immortal Hercules?

no expression

Really? It has been said and depicted too many times that Hulk is physically above Herc. Someone actually provided this evidence to you not too long ago. It's funny that you even think Herc is stronger or as strong as Hulk.

krisblaze
him with the rod is his average.

Read through his fears it's his average
His average with the rod is not easily killing Quasar though...

Annihilus' having the rod on average doesn't mean that every showing of him with the rod is average.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by krisblaze

Annihilus' having the rod on average doesn't mean that every showing of him with the rod is average. I'm talking about how formidable he is though

Sin I AM
him with the rod is his average.

Read through his feats, its his average

Im talking about him beating quasar n nova. That aint his average.

no expression

Really? It has been said and depicted too many times that Hulk is physically above Herc. Someone actually provided this evidence to you not too long ago. It's funny that you even think Herc is stronger or as strong as Hulk.

Show me

carver9

Show me

Show you what?

Sin I AM
Show you what?

Hulk since thats your flagship character being over immortal herc

carver9
Hulk since thats your flagship character being over immortal herc

Why do I need to show you IMMORTAL Herc when he isn't in this thread?

Sin I AM
Sigh

Stoic
Well we could go with Herc's solo greatest on panel strength feat. Was it when he lifted Manhattan? If so Savage Hulk's is far greater. Herc is strong, so please don't make me seem like I'm low balling him, he just isn't as strong as the Hulk, and has never been referred to being the strongest being on the planet.

Annihilus' having the rod on average doesn't mean that every showing of him with the rod is average.

Wait a minute. So literally eating Quasar for breakfast, and keeping him constantly on the run doesn't mean easily beating him? Annihilus ate him alive, and would have done the same thing to Nova Prime if he hadn't escaped.

Insane Titan

Show me his highs out weigh his lows, so that equals out at his average

Wonder Man
Hercules beat about 9 100 ton strengths with the help of Amadeus's calculations at once. With his mace he should be able to disembowl nearly anyone. Look how easily he took out Warlocke of the New Mutants and he is like planetairy level.

Stoic
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Hercules beat about 9 100 ton strengths with the help of Amadeus's calculations at once. With his mace he should be able to disembowl nearly anyone. Look how easily he took out Warlocke of the New Mutants and he is like planetairy level.

That's nice, but Annihilus is above his strength level at this moment in time, and he still has the CCR as standard equipment. Hercules will not win this.

StiltmanFTW
Why do I need to show you IMMORTAL Herc when he isn't in this thread?

Immortal Herc is Marvel's standard Herc, actually...

no expression

krisblaze

no expression

In order to know that he would have to read comics.

StiltmanFTW
In order to know that he would have to read comics.

I know he doesn't, but it still never ceases to amaze me that, despite all the time carver spents here, he's so... clueless.

carver9
My definition of Immortal Herc might be different than yours but thanks for the help. Stilt, instead of focusing on correcting peeps about Herc, how about you focus on the Wolverine respect thread.

StiltmanFTW
There is only one definition of Immortal Herc, used on every Marvel/DC message board.

Immortal Herc = Classic Herc, basically. And Modern. There were brief periods of time when he was depowered, like against Quicksilver, iirc. Or before he was granted the immortality - the mythological feats - the labours.

Anyway, Immortal Herc is the Herc every casual Marvel reader is familiar with.

StiltmanFTW
Or maybe it was Ben Reilly, not Quicksilver laughing out loud Too tired.

Immortality is for Herc pretty much what adamantium is for Wolverine - default comic book versions.

Branlor Swift
The amped Ann vs Hulk fight wasn't even a good showing for Annihilus.

The guy's ko'ed both Masterson and Odinson with a direct CCR blast. Unless the amp does nothing to his CCR that's crap that Hulk can take that much damage from it.

Also lol at Herc being stronger than Hulk. Especially Starlin Hulk. The guy writes a higher Hulk than he does Thanos.

carver9
There is only one definition of Immortal Herc, used on every Marvel/DC message board.

Immortal Herc = Classic Herc, basically. And Modern. There were brief periods of time when he was depowered, like against Quicksilver, iirc. Or before he was granted the immortality - the mythological feats - the labours.

Anyway, Immortal Herc is the Herc every casual Marvel reader is familiar with.

thumb up

You named it. I refer to Immortal Herc as his classic self but I'm not going any further with this.

carver9
Or maybe it was Ben Reilly, not Quicksilver laughing out loud Too tired.

Immortality is for Herc pretty much what adamantium is for Wolverine - default comic book versions.

True. No one said he wasn't Immortal while on god form. When I hear Immortal Herc, I go by his classic self, not modern. You could be right though, probably is Ben.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, most likely Ben, because I think I remember Mortal Herc mocking him, like, "here comes your friendly neighbourhood Hercules!" and shit like that.

DarkSaint85
True. No one said he wasn't Immortal while on god form. When I hear Immortal Herc, I go by his classic self, not modern. You could be right though, probably is Ben.

They're the same. Herc is Herc.

carver9
They're the same. Herc is Herc.

True but when people bring up Immortal Herc, they are usually talking about his Classic self. I agree overall though.

leonidas
wtf happened in this thread...? (sees carv has posted multiple times....)

never mind. no expression

krisblaze
The majority of the Herc vs Annhi thread was spent explaining a 11 year senior of KMC who "immortal herc" is.

More news at 10.

carver9
wtf happened in this thread...? (sees carv has posted multiple times....)

never mind. no expression

laughing out loud

Bump you Leo.

DarkSaint85
True but when people bring up Immortal Herc, they are usually talking about his Classic self. I agree overall though.

And when people talk about Doc Green, they are usually referring to Doc Green.

Reflassshh
But Hulk is Hulk, all fts belong to him.

StiltmanFTW
Governor thumb up

Sin I AM
his highs out weigh his lows, so that equals out at his average

So you'd place him where exactly?

no expression

That's EXACTLY what I've been saying the entire time

Insane Titan
So you'd place him where exactly?

That's EXACTLY what I've been saying the entire time High Herald at very least

carver9
And when people talk about Doc Green, they are usually referring to Doc Green.

When people talk about Doc Green they are talking about HULK. Doc Green is Hulk.

Sin I AM
High Herald at very least

thumb up

Reflassshh
Governor thumb up Best 'villain' ever, only second to Hulk thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The amped Ann vs Hulk fight wasn't even a good showing for Annihilus.

The guy's ko'ed both Masterson and Odinson with a direct CCR blast. Unless the amp does nothing to his CCR that's crap that Hulk can take that much damage from it.

Also lol at Herc being stronger than Hulk. Especially Starlin Hulk. The guy writes a higher Hulk than he does Thanos.

The Hulk had an entire issue to ramp up in strength, and toughness during his battle with Blastaar, and those bug minions. Unless they ignored the way that the Hulk has been portrayed throughout history, I would say that Annihilus' showdown with the Hulk was just about on point.

Golgo13
Annihilus.

carver9
The Hulk had an entire issue to ramp up in strength, and toughness during his battle with Blastaar, and those bug minions. Unless they ignored the way that the Hulk has been portrayed throughout history, I would say that Annihilus' showdown with the Hulk was just about on point.

He took the CCR while having fear, not anger. He was running throughout that scene so any strength ramping up was gone by the time he was hit with the rod. That was a beastly durability showing for Hulk. The only person that took the rod head on like that to my recollection is Odin.

celeyhyga17
He took the CCR while having fear, not anger. He was running throughout that scene so any strength ramping up was gone by the time he was hit with the rod. That was a beastly durability showing for Hulk. The only person that took the rod head on like that to my recollection is Odin.
And Thor...

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
And Thor...

Thor got dropped iirc.

celeyhyga17
Thor got dropped iirc.
Briefly like Hulk.

carver9
Briefly like Hulk.

When did Hulk get dropped by the cc? Thor was koed and it's debatable if Annihilus put everything in the blast like he did against the Hulk.

Sin I AM

Interesting...got the scan handy

carver9
Interesting...got the scan handy

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus01404.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus02.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus03405.jpg.html

Hit again and almost couldn't stand. Fatigued.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus04.jpg.html

Then he admits here that if a DIRECT hit would kill Thor which makes his other attacks questionable.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus05.jpg

Odin tanks it though.

Sin I AM
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus01404.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus02.jpg.html
http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus03405.jpg.html

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus04.jpg.html

Then he admits here that if a DIRECT hit would kill Thor which makes his other attacks questionable.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAnnihilus05.jpg

Odin tanks it though.

Sooooo um there's context to those scans

carver9
Sooooo um there's context to those scans

Which scans?

Sin I AM
The ones you showed. There's context to that fight. Did you read the issue?

carver9
The ones you showed. There's context to that fight. Did you read the issue?

What's the context? Can you provide scans proving it?

Sin I AM
No i don't provide scans unless i feel the need. Read Thor 402-405. Hopefully that'll provide enlightenment. I give you some clues tho

The fight took place where?
Thors hammer glowed because what?
His hammer glowing cause him to be...?
He had the upperhand how many times?

Etc etc

celeyhyga17

Odin tanks it though.
You failed to mention Thor was at a somewhat depowered state during that run because of Loki. From about #398 - #413. His weakness manifested through bouts of nausea and dizziness from time to time. This was especially true when he exerted himself.

True Thor got dropped with one of the blasts, but he ate some including ones at point blank. Don't forget he was at a weakened state.

Point blank.
http://i.imgur.com/QSiExuI.jpg

Funny thing is Thor was eating energies from the cosmic rod at point blank range while blitzing Annihilus. In fact Thor was all over Anni and was basically overpowering him at that point.
http://i.imgur.com/T0e94Of.jpg

The idea that Thor didn't take direct blasts is false. He took them head on while weakened. He actually started to take it to another level and was all over Annihilus in the end.

Now in regards to Hulk... After reading that crappy turd of a story again, it was unclear if Hulk was fully ko'd, but Anni did have him reeling and basically defeated. As the comic alluded to had not Pip ported and distracted Anni with an explosive he stuck behind Anni's back, things could have really gone bad for Hulk. Pip's action gave Hulk time to recover for about a page then surprised Anni with a punch. Then Pip ports both of them out.

carver9
Pointless to talk about this then without any scans.

Sin I AM
Pointless to talk about this then without any scans.

What's with you and scans, you will never be a good debater if you dont know the context behind an entire fight.

Thor was weakened, distracted by mongoose handling his friends on earth and had the upper hand before daddy stepped in. And he was fine afterwards....meh

Sin I AM
Oh almost forgot annihilus is more powerful in the zone...but hey u got scans u should know this

celeyhyga17
Oh almost forgot annihilus is more powerful in the zone...but hey u got scans u should know this
He is, but Anni brought Hulk to the Negative Zone too. So in that aspect they were equal.

Stoic

Anger isn't the only thing that can make the Hulk stronger, it's just one of a couple or few catalysts. It's the adrenaline that runs through him when he becomes excited that makes him stronger. Fear or anger would do it for him.

carver9
You failed to mention Thor was at a somewhat depowered state during that run because of Loki. From about #398 - #413. His weakness manifested through bouts of nausea and dizziness from time to time. This was especially true when he exerted himself.

True Thor got dropped with one of the blasts, but he ate some including ones at point blank. Don't forget he was at a weakened state.

Point blank.
http://i.imgur.com/QSiExuI.jpg

Funny thing is Thor was eating energies from the cosmic rod at point blank range while blitzing Annihilus. In fact Thor was all over Anni and was basically overpowering him at that point.
http://i.imgur.com/T0e94Of.jpg

The idea that Thor didn't take direct blasts is false. He took them head on while weakened. He actually started to take it to another level and was all over Annihilus in the end.

Now in regards to Hulk... After reading that crappy turd of a story again, it was unclear if Hulk was fully ko'd, but Anni did have him reeling and basically defeated. As the comic alluded to had not Pip ported and distracted Anni with an explosive he stuck behind Anni's back, things could have really gone bad for Hulk. Pip's action gave Hulk time to recover for about a page then surprised Anni with a punch. Then Pip ports both of them out.

Do you have scans stating he was weakened? Also the first attack dropped Thor. The second attack fatigued him and the other doesn't even look like Annihilus is blasting him. Look like they are grappling.

Hulk took a full power blast from Annihilus that was ongoing and wasn't koed not once. Nothing was shown of Hulk being koed let alone dropped at any point and he withstood far more than Thor did in that comic and Hulk was probably weakened as well due to the fear thing.

Good points though. Just need the proof of him being weakened.

carver9
Anger isn't the only thing that can make the Hulk stronger, it's just one of a couple or few catalysts. It's the adrenaline that runs through him when he becomes excited that makes him stronger. Fear or anger would do it for him.

Never seen fear do that to him. Nothing pointing to him being pumped during that instance imo.

Sin I AM
He is, but Anni brought Hulk to the Negative Zone too. So in that aspect they were equal.

Yea im not contesting that just commenting on the scans carver posted

carver9
What's with you and scans, you will never be a good debater if you dont know the context behind an entire fight.

Thor was weakened, distracted by mongoose handling his friends on earth and had the upper hand before daddy stepped in. And he was fine afterwards....meh

Distracted from Mongoose? Didn't see a distraction during that fight. I know about this weakness, he suffered the same dizzy spells against Jugs but it was an on off thing. It wasn't something that was always active. He also suffered this when be fought She Hulk and Nova but again, it wasn't consistent, you can tell when he was suffering from it.

This isn't about afterwards this is about what happened during the comic.

Stoic
Never seen fear do that to him. Nothing pointing to him being pumped during that instance imo.

It happened to him when he was in the crossroads. His excitement makes his adrenaline rush, and that's how he becomes stronger. rage is used most often, because the Hulk was never meant to be portrayed like Chicken Little.

Sin I AM
Distracted from Mongoose? Didn't see a distraction during that fight. I know about this weakness, he suffered the same dizzy spells against Jugs but it was an on off thing. It wasn't something that was always active. He also suffered this when be fought She Hulk and Nova but again, it wasn't consistent, you can tell when he was suffering from it.

Y was his hammer glowing carver

celeyhyga17

Err... It happened versus Quicksand, Executioner and Enchantress, Annihilus, bank robbers....

Do you have scans stating he was weakened? Also the first attack dropped Thor. The second attack fatigued him and the other doesn't even look like Annihilus is blasting him. Look like they are grappling.

Hulk took a full power blast from Annihilus that was ongoing and wasn't koed not once. Nothing was shown of Hulk being koed let alone dropped at any point and he withstood far more than Thor did in that comic and Hulk was probably weakened as well due to the fear thing.

Good points though. Just need the proof of him being weakened.
Carver.. Was Thor operating at a disadvantage throughout the issues I pointed out? If the answer is yes then he wasn't operating at normal capacity. Period..

By issue #409 Thor stated that the bouts of weakness and seizures happen with increasing frequency and that each new attack leaves him weaker. He was at a disadvantage against any and all foes he faced during that run.

And come on Carvster. Look at the scan again. Annihilus was releasing energy as Thor was blitzing him. It continues on in the next panel.

Annihilus had Hulk dead to rights, but Pip saved him.

Stoic
Err... It happened versus Quicksand, Executioner and Enchantress, Annihilus, bank robbers....

Carver.. Was Thor operating at a disadvantage throughout the issues I pointed out? If the answer is yes then he wasn't operating at normal capacity. Period..

By issue #409 Thor stated that the bouts of weakness and seizures happen with increasing frequency and that each new attack leaves him weaker. He was at a disadvantage against any and all foes he faced during that run.

And come on Carvster. Look at the scan again. Annihilus was releasing energy as Thor was blitzing him. It continues on in the next panel.

Annihilus had Hulk dead to rights, but Pip saved him.

Anni was also a gamma spawn. I agree with the rest, but you can't compare the old Annihilus to the new buffed version.

celeyhyga17
Anni was also a gamma spawn. I agree with the rest, but you can't compare the old Annihilus to the new buffed version.
Yeah but that really has no bearing on the CCR blast other than Hulk having to tank Anni's hulk-buffed body along with CCR blast. If we bring that up, then we have to being up the fact that this Anni still had a juvenile body compared to his fully formed adult one vs Thor. That's the reason for him hijacking Hulk in the first place. Add to that Annihilus had already absorbed the godly life energies of many Asgardians before he faced off with Thor. So even though Hulk faced off against Annihulk, Thor faced off an amped Annihilus as well.

Stoic
Yeah but that really has no bearing on the CCR blast other than Hulk having to tank Anni's hulk-buffed body along with CCR blast. If we bring that up, then we have to being up the fact that this Anni still had a juvenile body compared to his fully formed adult one vs Thor. That's the reason for him hijacking Hulk in the first place. Add to that Annihilus had already absorbed the godly life energies of many Asgardians before he faced off with Thor. So even though Hulk faced off against Annihulk, Thor faced off an amped Annihilus as well.

Like I said, I agree with everything that you said, but Annihilus has never been as physically imposing in terms of dominance, as he is right now. Go back and read what he says about his former carapace. That was the same one used during Annihilation. He isn't only as tough (defensively speaking) but he is far stronger than ever, when speaking of his past base levels. There is actually reason to believe that the carapace that he wore during his attack on Asgard wasn't just artist rendition, but that it was an actual inferior carapace to the one worn during Annihilation. I always thought that the new look was Andrea Devito's new take on how Anni should look, but now it appears to have been an upgrade (concerning his look during Annihilation)..

The Sorrow
Like I said, I agree with everything that you said, but Annihilus has never been as physically imposing in terms of dominance, as he is right now. Go back and read what he says about his former carapace. That was the same one used during Annihilation. He isn't only as tough (defensively speaking) but he is far stronger than ever, when speaking of his past base levels. There is actually reason to believe that the carapace that he wore during his attack on Asgard wasn't just artist rendition, but that it was an actual inferior carapace to the one worn during Annihilation. I always thought that the new look was Andrea Devito's new take on how Anni should look, but now it appears to have been an upgrade (concerning his look during Annihilation)..
Yeah it was stated in the mini that his previous carapace and the one used for "off-world excursions" were inferior to the one he battled Hulk in.

His new form was the result of absorbing a combination of Hulks gamma rads and energies from the Cosmic Rod.

Prof. T.C McAbe
What i got from it was that Anni is easily above Hulk. No surprise here.

zom1967
Herc would give him a good fight and 20 years ago would have beat him.But now Annihilus is just too powerful for Herc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.