Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
"An in-depth look at the inner-workings of the Church of Scientology." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4257858/

Caught this last night on HBO, liked it overall. The whackier bits(Xeno, trillions of years, bullying tactics) I already knew from previous readings, interviews etc., this just brought it all together nicely with the archival film footage.

If you like documentaries and have an interest in the shenanigans of cults. Check it out.

Tzeentch
Does Tom Cruise run away from explosions in this?

Inhuman
Will check out when i get a chance. Always like these types of documentaries.

Does Jaden Smith show up with his "brilliant" Philosophies?

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Does Tom Cruise run away from explosions in this? No, but you see him:

-Act like a ****ing lunatic in that Scientology promo he did a few years back

-See that he "earned" something that amounted to 'The Greatest Scientologist and Human Being Aside from LRH" award

-That he was "given" the perfect groomed girlfriend, but he quickly discarded her because she was able to somewhat think for herself

Robtard
Originally posted by Inhuman
Will check out when i get a chance. Always like these types of documentaries.

Does Jaden Smith show up with his "brilliant" Philosophies?

No and if IIRC, the Smiths ditched Scientology not long after they joined

Inhuman
Originally posted by Robtard
No and if IIRC, the Smiths ditched Scientology not long after they joined

well Jaden is still a egotistical lunatic.

jaden101

You ain't kidding.

Robtard

So I've heard, but he's what? 15ish, the kid of a Hollywood A-lister and has probably not had to do anything for himself since the day he was born. I'd not worry too much about what he says.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Robtard
So I've heard, but he's what? 15ish, the kid of a Hollywood A-lister and has probably not had to do anything for himself since the day he was born. I'd not worry too much about what he says.

Jaden would be perfect for a "reverse" Fresh Prince of Belaire" show.

A crazy spoiled rich kid that has to go live and survive in the ghetto.

Robtard
Wouldn't make it past the pilot

Kazenji
Heard about this doco yesterday from a show, They talk about a place where they imprison some of the people at a place called "The Hole" force them to do things

One Scientologist was said to have been forced to clean a bathroom with his tongue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.