Most insane?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
All of these guys have been called mad, insane, crazy, etc. But who do you think are the most/least insane of them? Who takes the crown for the King of Crazy?

Deadpool
Insane Genis-Vell
Unstable Sentry
Joker
Mad Jim Jaspers
Thanos the Mad Titan
Warrior Madness Thor
Maximus the Mad
Madcap
Pym
Carnage (Cletus)
Cyclops

-K-M-
Captain America

iceman24567
Batman

Bentley
Originally posted by iceman24567
Batman

Prof. T.C McAbe
Joker

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Joker

krisblaze
MJJ for Marvel

Joker for DC

Galan007
Joker is the most insane character in DC. Far and away.

As for Marvel, I'd go with either 'unstable' Sentry or Carnage.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by krisblaze
MJJ for Marvel

Joker for DC

SamZED
Joker
They sort of retconned Deadpool's insanity which makes no sense to me.

Branlor Swift
Cyclops and his entire fanbase

KingD19
No Jamie Braddock?

Mindset
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Cyclops and his entire fanbase thumb up

Glorificus
Scarlet Witch.

relentless1
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Cyclops and his entire fanbase

laughing out loud

relentless1
Joker easily

riv6672
Joker first, MJJ second, Pym last. The rest are nowhere near the top, vary a lot, and/or are lip service.

celeyhyga17
Marc Spector

krisblaze
Originally posted by KingD19
No Jamie Braddock?
He more or less turned sane before he died...again.

Scoobless
I disagree, if Joker were REALLY insane, there's no way he could focus enough to make all those plans and gadgets.

He's not insane, just very focused in an unusual way.

Pretty sure Joker is aware of what is generally considered "right and wrong"

This may disqualify Sentry from an insanity plea as well.

Existere
Originally posted by Scoobless
Pretty sure Joker is aware of what is generally considered "right and wrong"
Didnt Spectre refrain from casting judgement on him specifically because Joker couldn't understand morals/ethics?

I forget the particulars. I thought it was basically: Joker understood what actions were acceptable and completely unacceptable, and was smart enough to know how to use those actions to manipulate people, cause fear, etc, but couldn't place them in 'right'/'wrong' contexts.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Existere
Didnt Spectre refrain from casting judgement on him specifically because Joker couldn't understand morals/ethics?

I forget the particulars. I thought it was basically: Joker understood what actions were acceptable and completely unacceptable, and was smart enough to know how to use those actions to manipulate people, cause fear, etc, but couldn't place them in 'right'/'wrong' contexts.
Sounds ridiculous.

Scoobless
He is definitely a sociopath, but that's true of many career criminals, it doesn't necessarily make him insane.

Galan007
Originally posted by Scoobless
Pretty sure Joker is aware of what is generally considered "right and wrong" If we're going full-literal with the definition, then everyone one the list knows right from wrong... Even if at only a base/primal level. /shrug

deathslash
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Marc Spector I'd have to disagree with you on that one

zom1967
i think thanos intellect hurts him here,he isn`t the mad titan for nothing!

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
If we're going full-literal with the definition, then everyone one the list knows right from wrong... Even if at only a base/primal level. /shrug

Batman doesn't. He thinks beating up people dressed up as a bat is a sensible choice thumb up

riv6672
What makes you say that?

Juntai
Originally posted by Existere

I forget the particulars. I thought it was basically: Joker understood what actions were acceptable and completely unacceptable, and was smart enough to know how to use those actions to manipulate people, cause fear, etc, but couldn't place them in 'right'/'wrong' contexts. This was volume 3 issue 51, Corrigan was going to judge him, but later decided not to, because the Joker is a sociopath and "He does as he pleases without any concept of right or wrong." But made him feel the pain of all the souls he's destroyed, and though that Joker will bury the memory deep in his erratic mind, it might one day give him a sense of the lives he destroys.

Later there was another encounter in JLA DOJ follow-up, when Martian Manhunter took them all there mentally, it was merely to show Hal Jordan that there was good even deep inside of someone like the Joker. It was an issue where Hal was struggling with the idea of being the Wrath and who to judge and not to judge. It showed that everyone has sins and goodness in them.

Later on, during another encounter in volume 4, Hal was no longer The Wrath, he was The Redemption. So he wasn't there to cast judgement. But when he tapped into Joker's mind, it brought out the madness in his own mind/Parallax. Was one of the early moments of him beginning to forgive himself.

riv6672
^^^interesting. Didnt know all of that...

leonidas
joker in dc and next to him, no one in marvel really even counts. /shrug

Insane Titan
Annihilus is pretty insane

krisblaze
Annihilus is pretty crazy.

MJJ and Jamie B are basically weaker versions of Emperor Joker.

Jamie was literally walking around and drooling after the poaching/slavery bit when his powers surfaced. Not sure how the Joker's supposed to be more crazy than someone who views reality as Jamie does. Or like MJJ who basically has no concept of reality, consequence, morality, etc.

Scoobless
Annihilus is pretty crazy.

MJJ and Jamie B are basically weaker versions of Emperor Joker.

Jamie was literally walking around and drooling after the poaching/slavery bit when his powers surfaced. Not sure how the Joker's supposed to be more crazy than someone who views reality as Jamie does. Or like MJJ who basically has no concept of reality, consequence, morality, etc.

Annihilus, yeah, definitely some kind of obsessive disorder.

Is megalomania a form of insanity? or is it the natural step upward from ambition?

Eisntein was quoted as saying:
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/Scoobless/Einstein1.jpg

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

By this definition, Batman putting the Joker into Arkham, over and over again, is more insane than the Joker's ever-changing crimes.

Galan007
Or like MJJ who basically has no concept of reality, consequence, morality, etc. http://i.imgur.com/4CTEWtz.png

krisblaze
Einstein wasn't a psychologist, don't care much for his opinion on sanity stick out tongue

We really should have some common definition of insanity though.

If it's "who has been called crazy the most" then the Joker wins obviously.

Badabing
Originally posted by basilisk
All of these guys have been called mad, insane, crazy, etc. But who do you think are the most/least insane of them? Who takes the crown for the King of Crazy?

Deadpool
Insane Genis-Vell
Unstable Sentry
Joker
Mad Jim Jaspers
Thanos the Mad Titan
Warrior Madness Thor
Maximus the Mad
Madcap
Pym
Carnage (Cletus)
Cyclops
Insane Titan Insane Titan imo. thumb up

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Badabing
Insane Titan imo. thumb up

laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Who upset the Egosurfer ?

riv6672
Annihilus is so lien though, can human definitions apply?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.