Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

One of the lies for profit by the Churches seems to be the invention of hell to instill fear and loosen the purse strings and increase the indulgences people pay to save their souls, which were never condemned in the first place.

Another example of this for profit lying by Christianity would be Original Sin. This was something unknown to the Jews who have a different interpretation of their myths. To them, Eden was we were elevated, not where we fell.

Is creating false guilt for profit a good moral tenet and should a religion that does so be followed?

Or would God forbid such a sin and curse those religions to hell?

Regards
DL

dyajeep
Originally posted by Greatest I am
Another example of this for profit lying by Christianity would be Original Sin.

the teaching about the "original sin" is not made by Christianity... please investigate further... smile

Shakyamunison

No, it is not moral.

One of the lies for profit by the Churches seems to be the invention of hell to instill fear and loosen the purse strings and increase the indulgences people pay to save their souls, which were never condemned in the first place.

Hell is an empty threat.

Another example of this for profit lying by Christianity would be Original Sin. This was something unknown to the Jews who have a different interpretation of their myths. To them, Eden was we were elevated, not where we fell.

Is creating false guilt for profit a good moral tenet and should a religion that does so be followed?

Again no.

Or would God forbid such a sin and curse those religions to hell?

Regards
DL

God would not forbid such things. We are responsible the evil that we have placed on the Earth.

The MISTER
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No, it is not moral. Agreed

Hell is an empty threat. Hell isn't something you can prove or disprove with personal experience until you die.

Again no. You answered two questions at once there but it should be pointed out that there is a difference between following a belief religiously, and believing every teacher of religion. Any repeated behavior can be defined as being done religiously, it is that vague of a term.

God would not forbid such things. We are responsible the evil that we have placed on the Earth. I agree.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The MISTER
...Hell isn't something you can prove or disprove with personal experience until you die.

Just like unicorns.

You answered two questions at once there but it should be pointed out that there is a difference between following a belief religiously, and believing every teacher of religion. Any repeated behavior can be defined as being done religiously, it is that vague of a term.

I was only answering the last question. The first part was not a question.

I agree.

Really?!

The MISTER
Just like unicorns.

I was only answering the last question. The first part was not a question.

Really?! The last questions... The "and" separated two distinct questions. And yes I agree with your last statement. What God would truly forbid wouldn't exist for us to discuss,(for example humans born with feathered wings and the ability to fly) and as we have a will of our own we are absolutely responsible for the evil we have placed on the earth. Who else can we blame when the choices we make are ours to make?

Shakyamunison
The last questions... The "and" separated two distinct questions. And yes I agree with your last statement. What God would truly forbid wouldn't exist for us to discuss,(for example humans born with feathered wings and the ability to fly) and as we have a will of our own we are absolutely responsible for the evil we have placed on the earth. Who else can we blame when the choices we make are ours to make?

I didn't seem to have any problems communication with Greatest I am.

Lets ask him.

Greatest I am, did you have a problem with the way I answered the question?

Greatest I am

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.