Death Sentry Vs PC Fatal Five

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep no BFR. Can DS do better than PC Superboy or the Legion?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122896/4379365-4137289-3647631-3290169-sentrydeath.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/25838/496400-fatal_5_validus.gif

Gecko4lif
Fatal five way

Insane Titan
Lol

carver9
no expression @ this thread

Reflassshh
Smh..

Stoic
How do they actually stop him? It may take some time, but I think that Bob would kill them all one at a time.

carver9
no expression

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by carver9
no expression

You could trademark that emoticon stick out tongue

carver9
laughing out loud

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Stoic
How do they actually stop him? It may take some time, but I think that Bob would kill them all one at a time. are you serious ?

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
are you serious ?

I think that they would put damage on him, but he would just regen, and hit them. My thoughts are that they wouldn't be able to do the same thing. DS Sentry can come back nearly instantaneously from mortal wounds, so this is my reasoning. Marvel made Sentry OP as hell.

Time Immemorial
Lol @ people taking troll bait from Riv.

Stoic
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Lol @ people taking troll bait from Riv.

Is it really troll bait TI? The Sentry has become like a solid nightmare in terms of hardiness. To hit him, it may require a strong level of reality manipulation. Now while the Fatal Five as a unit are definitely more powerful than he is, they don't have the tools to actually put him down permanently. This is something that I thought about, before making my first statement on the subject, as I am sure Riv must have thought of before making the thread. DS Sentry would take them out slowly, some of them would be defeated rather fast TBH, while Val, and Persuader may take longer, but make no mistake, they don't actually have anything to keep him down for the count. At least this is how I see it, which could easily be overturned if someone could come up with a method of how they take Bob out.

Time Immemorial
Lol
no expression @ this thread
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
You could trademark that emoticon stick out tongue
are you serious ?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

no expression

riv6672
Is it really troll bait TI? The Sentry has become like a solid nightmare in terms of hardiness. To hit him, it may require a strong level of reality manipulation. Now while the Fatal Five as a unit are definitely more powerful than he is, they don't have the tools to actually put him down permanently. This is something that I thought about, before making my first statement on the subject, as I am sure Riv must have thought of before making the thread. DS Sentry would take them out slowly, some of them would be defeated rather fast TBH, while Val, and Persuader may take longer, but make no mistake, they don't actually have anything to keep him down for the count. At least this is how I see it, which could easily be overturned if someone could come up with a method of how they take Bob out.
Thanks for thinking it through, Stoic. thumb up

Reflassshh
Is it really troll bait TI? The Sentry has become like a solid nightmare in terms of hardiness. To hit him, it may require a strong level of reality manipulation. Now while the Fatal Five as a unit are definitely more powerful than he is, they don't have the tools to actually put him down permanently. This is something that I thought about, before making my first statement on the subject, as I am sure Riv must have thought of before making the thread. DS Sentry would take them out slowly, some of them would be defeated rather fast TBH, while Val, and Persuader may take longer, but make no mistake, they don't actually have anything to keep him down for the count. At least this is how I see it, which could easily be overturned if someone could come up with a method of how they take Bob out. How does he put Val down?

riv6672
From what i've seen/heard of DS, dismemberment comes to mind.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by riv6672
From what i've seen/heard of DS, dismemberment comes to mind.

That didn't even stop him.

Mindset
Sentry rips him apart, and if you disagree, we can take this outside.

Golgo13
Validus solos.

riv6672
Originally posted by Golgo13
Validus solos.
How does he take DS out?

Mindset
Validus solos. http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/699393/lil-b-gets-beat-up-o.gif

Insane Titan
WOriginally posted by Golgo13
Validus solos.

the Darkone
PC Validus beat his a$$

riv6672
Still no one saying how.

Blair Wind
Punching him. Really hard.

riv6672
If it comes to that, DS can out refen Validus. Win by attrition. Really hard attrition.

Tony Stark
SENTRY wins while napping

Golgo13
Still no one saying how.

By punching his head off.

One_Angry_Scot
By punching his head off.

That doesn't really end the fight in this case.

Golgo13
That doesn't really end the fight in this case.

Wasn't Sentry knocked down by a giant worm? What could DS do to Pre-Crisis Validus that a Pre-Crisis brick can't?

One_Angry_Scot
Wasn't Sentry knocked down by a giant worm? What could DS do to Pre-Crisis Validus that a Pre-Crisis brick can't?

That's a pretty poor example to bring up mate. For the story to progress Remender had to get rid of Sentry. If the worm of the Harkep hadn't been there Thor and Wasp would have both been killed. So Remender wrote in the worm as a way to get rid of him. In short that was PIS and it shouldn't be used as a barometer to mark the Sentry on.

In in the same vein wouldn't do that to a single member of the Fatal Five.

Golgo13
That's a pretty poor example to bring up mate. For the story to progress Remender had to get rid of Sentry. If the worm of the Harkep hadn't been there Thor and Wasp would have both been killed. So Remender wrote in the worm as a way to get rid of him. In short that was PIS and it shouldn't be used a s a barometer to mark the Sentry on.

I in the same vein wouldn't do that to a single member of the Fatal Five.

Then who do you see winning in the end?

One_Angry_Scot
Then who do you see winning in the end?

Well I certainly don't think Validus is gonna solo it. Even if he punched his head off as you put it Sentry will have a new head near instantly. I can't really offer a huge opinion as it is 00:59 in the UK so I want to be in bed very soon. All I will say is that this Sentry has got more power than every hero on Earth put together and he's upgraded in every category. So I'm not going to make a statement on the fight as I'll be in bed so I wont be able to reply to anyone till the morning.

I'll just say it isn't as simple as "X solos". It isn't that simple given the way that current Sentry operates.

abhilegend
Validus solos. This no limit fallacy is really fun, isn't it? What's next? Galactus vs Sentry? Or better LT vs Sentry? After all, you can't beat Sentry by brute force after all.

mmm

Squirtle
Originally posted by abhilegend
Validus solos. This no limit fallacy is really fun, isn't it? What's next? Galactus vs Sentry? Or better LT vs Sentry? After all, you can't beat Sentry by brute force after all.

mmm

Lot of people here (and in the movie versus) abuse of no limits fallacies, poor fallacy is traumatized for life. I'd say you did it too but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. For now.

mmm

One_Angry_Scot

mmm

I wasn't saying anything bad (at least I don't think so). All I was saying is if Validus was to punch Sentry's head off that doesn't end the fight. It may end the fight if it were Thor and he was to get his brain smashed to pieces. But in this it doesn't work like that. That is all I was saying. I didn't even give an opinion on the fight.

I don't see why you need to bring up Galactus vs Sentry or LT vs Sentry to make your point though. As the result of them 2 matches are pretty obvious unless for the Galactus fight he actually had X-Man along with him.

And it was probably a fairly weakened Galactus.

And plus going by feats it's next to nigh impossible to effect Sentry via physical force since his flesh is just a shell, as he says the soul is what guides him. And we've seen him come back from high level attacks. I don't see how you think a punch from Validus is gonna kill Sentry when he has specifically said his mortal shell doesn't matter and he himself has proved that.

riv6672
Talk about a fallacy.
Yeah. Validus isnt just punching Sentry's head off. Gslactis' maybe. But not Sentry's.

tkitna
I've said it before, but at this point, I don't think anything but something mystical or spiritual is going to take DSentry out. Punching him is just not going to cut it.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by tkitna
I've said it before, but at this point, I don't think anything but something mystical or spiritual is going to take DSentry out. Punching him is just not going to cut it.

thumb up

Exactly the same as my opinion as well.

DarkSaint85
Talk about a fallacy.
Yeah. Validus isnt just punching Sentry's head off. Gslactis' maybe. But not Sentry's.

He could.

But what would it matter?

Insane Titan
I wasn't saying anything bad (at least I don't think so). All I was saying is if Validus was to punch Sentry's head off that doesn't end the fight. It may end the fight if it were Thor and he was to get his brain smashed to pieces. But in this it doesn't work like that. That is all I was saying. I didn't even give an opinion on the fight.

I don't see why you need to bring up Galactus vs Sentry or LT vs Sentry to make your point though. As the result of them 2 matches are pretty obvious unless for the Galactus fight he actually had X-Man along with him.

And plus going by feats it's next to nigh impossible to effect Sentry via physical force since his flesh is just a shell, as he says the soul is what guides him. And we've seen him come back from high level attacks. I don't see how you think a punch from Validus is gonna kill Sentry when he has specifically said his mortal shell doesn't matter and he himself has proved that. when has Sentry re grown part of his body ? , as reforming isn't the same as re growing

DarkSaint85
What's the difference?

riv6672
Yeah, this should be interesting...

Prof. T.C McAbe
I can't see Sentry doinf any damage to Validus tbh.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What's the difference? to me re growing would be when part of the body is totally removed and reforming is when its been smashed/ squashed to bits etc

One_Angry_Scot
when has Sentry re grown part of his body ? , as reforming isn't the same as re growing

I don't really believe there is a huge distinction but I tried my best to make an imgur album featuring some of his feats in that regard.

(Note I'll be using the 2 words synonymously) so you can make the decision yourself on what you want to use for the said feats.

http://imgur.com/a/SX4gh#mYlH47x

Also I had put in a description for the images but it isn't working so I will do one here.

1st Image: Sentry reforms his head out of nothing after having it smashed to pieces by Thor.

2nd Image: (Void) grows back the skin over his skull.

3rd Image: Regrows his entire body back from a skeleton (because really he doesn't want to die.

4th Image: Here Sentry states how he regenerated from an atom over and over again.

As if you remember while he was in the Sun he (Robert's soul) was battling the Void for control of his body. Presumably he won as the Void left.

Image 5.1: Robert is completely obliterated (no DNA left, no skin, completely no sign of his presence is around any more.)

Image 5.2: He reforms out of nothing.

Which presumably indicates that if he wants to come back he can. Because as you can see he was completely obliterated. Which kind of gives credence perhaps tot he fact the soul does guide him.

Image 6.1: Sentry is completely obliterated by Molecule Man.

Image 6.2: He again completely reforms out of nothing.

Image 7.1: He is again completely wiped by Molecule Man.

Image 7.2: He's back.

And the following image that I forgot to put in.

http://i.imgur.com/02Qn7GD.jpg

Insane Titan
All them instances are when the Void was within him, which he hasn't got now.

One_Angry_Scot
All them instances are when the Void was within him, which he hasn't got now.

No they weren't. He has the Void there in one. Which I stated.

The only one where it's the Void is the part where he regrows the skin over his skull.

riv6672
He's made up his mind, Scot....stick out tongue

Insane Titan
No they weren't. He has the Void there in one. Which I stated.

The only one where it's the Void is the part where he regrows the skin over his skull. the Void was still in him wasn't it, it never left him untill the death Sentry stuff.

One_Angry_Scot
the Void was still in him wasn't it, it never left him untill the death Sentry stuff.

It's not with him in the same principle.

The Void only appears when Sentry is having a bad run, if he is mentally unstable etc. We know the Void is having an effect if he speaks in black speech bubbles (although Death Sentry has Black speech bubbles as well like every Horsemen of Death did).

Except from that one case in the Sun where the Void monologues about how Bob "Didn't want it enough".

The Void doesn't play a single part in it unless he is actually around. Otherwise unless implicitly implied, it's Bob who is under control. The Void isn't the source of this power to reform. It's Bobs power when he wants to reform and the Voids power when the Void wants to reform.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I can't see Sentry doinf any damage to Validus tbh. thumb up

Insane Titan
It's not with him in the same principle.

The Void only appears when Sentry is having a bad run, if he is mentally unstable etc. We know the Void is having an effect if he speaks in black speech bubbles (although Death Sentry has Black speech bubbles as well like every Horsemen of Death did).

Except from that one case in the Sun where the Void monologues about how Bob "Didn't want it enough".

The Void doesn't play a single part in it unless he is actually around. Otherwise unless implicitly implied, it's Bob who is under control. The Void isn't the source of this power to reform. It's Bobs power when he wants to reform and the Voids power when the Void wants to reform. this is just your theory , we know for a fact they were both within the same body. Just as we know current Sentry can reform due to his death seed upgrade.

One_Angry_Scot
this is just your theory , we know for a fact they were both within the same body. Just as we know current Sentry can reform due to his death seed upgrade.

Like I said he isn't with him in the same sense, but I think you've misunderstood my point.

It's not theory it's a fact (as it has been shown throughout his tenure in comics) I showed you an ability of him reforming before the upgrade.

And again he reformed before the upgrade.

So I will wait for your proof that the Death Seed gave him the ability to reform.

Insane Titan
Like I said he isn't with him in the same sense, but I think you've misunderstood my point.

It's not theory it's a fact (as it has been shown throughout his tenure in comics) I showed you an ability of him reforming before the upgrade.

And again he reformed before the upgrade.

So I will wait for your proof that the Death Seed gave him the ability to reform. Bob was constantly battling to keep the Void under control/to stop the Void from coming out.

He only started reforming in his appearances once the hint of the Void surfacing was more evident.

DS explain what the Seed does for him in uncanny avengers

One_Angry_Scot
Bob was constantly battling to keep the Void under control/to stop the Void from coming out.

He only started reforming in his appearances once the hint of the Void surfacing was more evident.

DS explain what the Seed does for him in uncanny avengers

Are you talking about the battle in the Sun or in general?

That seems like you're reaching in my opinion there.

It doesn't explain anything as he done it before the upgrade and it wasn't even implied the Death Seed helped.

As it didn't considering he had the ability before the Death Seed amp.

abhilegend

And plus going by feats it's next to nigh impossible to effect Sentry via physical force since his flesh is just a shell, as he says the soul is what guides him. And we've seen him come back from high level attacks. I don't see how you think a punch from Validus is gonna kill Sentry when he has specifically said his mortal shell doesn't matter and he himself has proved that.
Who said punching his head off won't end the fight? Show me him growing a head. I'm not going to rely on a nutcase like sentry "Soul drive me, I'm Invincible". A worm incapacitated him by a physical attack alright. I wonder why he didn't reform his body out of that.

Oh right, it's PLOT and PIS and thus not usable. Good logic, we are throwing everything out which shows Sentry in a bad light. He is Invincible now.

One_Angry_Scot
Who said punching his head off won't end the fight? Show me him growing a head. I'm not going to rely on a nutcase like sentry "Soul drive me, I'm Invincible". A worm incapacitated him by a physical attack alright. I wonder why he didn't reform his body out of that.

Oh right, it's PLOT and PIS and thus not usable. Good logic, we are throwing everything out which shows Sentry in a bad light. He is Invincible now.

Abhi if you're going to answer me sarcastically I don't see the point continuing the conversation.

In answer to your question.

http://i.imgur.com/TT2UKm5.jpg

If you want Abhi next time I'll bring up a way Superman got his arse kicked in a way that seems stupid and use that as a barometer.

You'd be getting pissed off if I did that. So I don't see why you now do the same thing.

Blair Wind
Persuader cuts the air in front of him, cutting Sentry off from his own powerset. Because his axe is stupid like that.

abhilegend
Abhi if you're going to answer me sarcastically I don't see the point continuing the conversation.

In answer to your question.

http://i.imgur.com/TT2UKm5.jpg

If you want Abhi next time I'll bring up a way Superman got his arse kicked in a way that seems stupid and use that as a barometer.

You'd be getting pissed off if I did that. So I don't see why you now do the same thing.
What else is there to discuss when you flat out ignore everything and declare Sentry the winner? Regrowing his flesh doesn't equals Regrowing his head. Sersi can and has reformed her body after getting totally atomized. Just like every eternal. You don't see eternal fans running around saying no body can beat them, do you?

Also Superman doesn't exactly has two fights with Thor and getting beaten by a worm to gauge his average. You are angry, complain to Remender.

Persuader slices his soul to bits with atomic axe. Yeah, it's just that hax. Now what?

One_Angry_Scot
What else is there to discuss when you flat out ignore everything and declare Sentry the winner?

Persuader slices his soul to bits with atomic axe. Yeah, it's just that hax. Now what?

If there is nothing to discuss then don't bother messaging me.

I wasn't the one who answered in a sarcastic manner. It was you.

I don't understand your point. It seems like you are flat out ignoring a few things as well. But I want to keep this cordial as I see us as friends so I would be prepared to leave it at that.

One_Angry_Scot
Also while you're at it.

Do yourself a favour and read this.

Well I certainly don't think Validus is gonna solo it. Even if he punched his head off as you put it Sentry will have a new head near instantly. I can't really offer a huge opinion as it is 00:59 in the UK so I want to be in bed very soon. All I will say is that this Sentry has got more power than every hero on Earth put together and he's upgraded in every category. So I'm not going to make a statement on the fight as I'll be in bed so I wont be able to reply to anyone till the morning.

I'll just say it isn't as simple as "X solos". It isn't that simple given the way that current Sentry operates.

Did I declare Sentry the winner?

Did I state that in any of my messages? No.

So stop with your false accusations.

One_Angry_Scot
In fact I said that I wont give an opinion on the fight but I don't think it is as simple as he solos.

abhilegend
If there is nothing to discuss then don't bother messaging me.

I wasn't the one who answered in a sarcastic manner. It was you.

I don't understand your point. It seems like you are flat out ignoring a few things as well. But I want to keep this cordial as I see us as friends so I would be prepared to leave it at that.
Don't get pissed off on me just because I don't buy Sentry being Invincible to anything physical. You do, good for you.

Calm down, I'm not even trying to start anything here. Not every argument is cutthroat, y'know.

One_Angry_Scot
Don't get pissed off on me just because I don't buy Sentry being Invincible to anything physical. You do, good for you.

Calm down, I'm not even trying to start anything here. Not every argument is cutthroat, y'know.

Don't worry mate I'm not pissed. I'm actually happy as it is the Easter holidays.

Sorry if my messages conveyed that though.

abhilegend
In fact I said that I wont give an opinion on the fight but I don't think it is as simple as he solos.
Good for you. Don't hold your breath for me or anyone else who is not a sentry fan to agree on that TBH.

srug

abhilegend
Don't worry mate I'm not pissed. I'm actually happy as it is the Easter holidays.

Sorry if my messages conveyed that though.
Good.

One_Angry_Scot
Good for you. Don't hold your breath for me or anyone else who is not a sentry fan to agree on that TBH.

srug

Okay. I wasn't trying to convince anyone.

Like I said I was giving my opinion.

Insane Titan
So it's settled Fatal Five win

DarkSaint85

srug

I agree.

Mindset
So Sentry solos?

Golgo13
So it's settled Fatal Five win

Too much diversity, I think.

riv6672

srug
I'm the complete opposite of a Sentry fan, and i agree with Scot.

Golgo13
I'm the complete opposite of a Sentry fan, and i agree with Scot.

Who do you see winning and why?

riv6672
Who do you see winning...
In making this thread i wasnt and am still not sure.

why?
Because the team is ridiculously over the top, yet DS is able to dish out major damage and more importantly come back from so much, letting him just keep fighting.

The one thing i dont see is any of the team soloing.

Diesldude
sentry has to regenerate every time he hits Validus until he gets tired and gives up.

riv6672
Ha

the Darkone
PC Validus beats the living sh** out Sentry period. Sentry can be KO!!

PC Validus tank PC character blows like they were gnats, tank a Sun Eater. Onlu being that truly defeated Validus was PC Darkseid, and PC DS is easily SA Odin equal way above any version of Sentry .

riv6672
Really?

tkitna
People are actually arguing that the Sentry might not be able to reform from getting his head punched off when he's reformed from a smashed skull and even from the molecular level?

Haters going to hate I guess.

Glorificus
Endless stalemate. Or Sentry... eventually...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Persuader cuts the air in front of him, cutting Sentry off from his own powerset. Because his axe is stupid like that.

This is still a thing.

Reflassshh
Tbh I can't see Sentry putting down any of them, let alone Validus.

Mindset
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Tbh I can't see Sentry putting down any of them, let alone Validus. Tbf, you only have 1 eye.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Mindset
Tbf, you only have 1 eye. That's what saves you.

Mindset
Don't make me take the other one too.

Reflassshh
I'd like to see that, punk. Woodbury, Argentina is waiting for you.

riv6672
Originally posted by tkitna
People are actually arguing that the Sentry might not be able to reform from getting his head punched off when he's reformed from a smashed skull and even from the molecular level?

Haters going to hate I guess.
Its funny, i know.

bbrem123
Yea what the hell? I see a bunch of people here twisting powers around to fit their argument.

riv6672
Another day on the internet.

Insane Titan
Kinda like how the Sentry side hasn't said HOW he wins

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Tbh I can't see Sentry putting down any of them, let alone Validus.

confused eek! laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing sick

riv6672
@IT
As opposed to the team side's hyperbole.

DarkSaint85
Well, the Axe COULD slice through reality....

http://i.imgur.com/suxvm3v.jpg

Blair Wind
Sliced reality, sliced peoples connection to gravity.....the axe is able to slice more than just physical objects, its hax.

Insane Titan
@IT
As opposed to the team side's hyperbole. haha hyperbole, you know nothing of this PC.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Sliced reality, sliced peoples connection to gravity.....the axe is able to slice more than just physical objects, its hax.
Cut through time, cut Raven's soul self in half.

riv6672
We all know Sentry has no soul. stick out tongue

Mindset
Sentry's soul will regenerate. thumb up

riv6672
IF he had one, it WOULD!

Mindset
Please stop yelling at me.

riv6672
WHAT?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.