Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/07/deus-ex-mankind-divided-leak-suggests-xbox-one-ps4-pc

The next Deus Ex game has leaked, and Adam Jensen is back as protagonist (pretty sure he died but that didn't stop him the first time and dudes half machine anyway so whatever). God, gaming is off the charts for me right now. With Deus Ex getting a sequel, Silent Hill getting an upcoming entry, and MGS5 coming out, three of my top five games are getting next gen versions. Hype level is immeasurable!

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided.jpg

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/FPS_Enix_DeusEX.jpg

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/Jensen_gun.jpg

Arachnid1
https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1920/5452/original.jpg

Tzeentch
All I can say is... wow. It looks great.

Here's to hoping that they fix the god damn ****ing boss battles this time around. I still haven't beaten HR because I'm stuck fighting the dude who turns off all your augs, and I'm too stubborn to lower the difficulty from Give Me Deuce Ex.

Smasandian
Hahaha.

Yeah, that's what happens when you outsource!

Also the balls of Square Enix to re-release HR with better boss battles and charge previous owners money for it.....

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
Hahaha.

Yeah, that's what happens when you outsource!

Also the balls of Square Enix to re-release HR with better boss battles and charge previous owners money for it..... To be fair, it also comes with the DLC lol

I bought that version for PC. I'll play through it again probably in the summer.

Smasandian
True.

But at least patch the previous game with the updated boss battles. I don't agree that people should expect a free update for a remaster or anything like that but they did specifically fix an major issue regarding the game.

BruceSkywalker
game looks off the charts.. i'll be buying

FinalAnswer
As much as I liked Jensen I feel like his story was done so seeing him again is kinda "ehhhh"

Oh well, hope the game turns out great.

Arachnid1
uvSs5b6y-YM

Man, these guys always make the most epic trailers. I remember being blown away by the Human Revolution trailer too. Also really happy to see Jensen's voice actor back.

Kq5KWLqUewc

Arachnid1
That sounds so damn good

Based
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GPUSrUJqfU

Demonic Phoenix
jh-iX2bxOjI

-Pr-
Well, shit.

I had always looked at Human Revolution as being an "okay" game. Not great, not shit. That was my first impression. I finally got around to playing it a bit more and... Damn, even with its flaws, it's an amazing game, and if Mankind Divided is even half as good, I'm going to want to play it.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by -Pr-
Well, shit.

I had always looked at Human Revolution as being an "okay" game. Not great, not shit. That was my first impression. I finally got around to playing it a bit more and... Damn, even with its flaws, it's an amazing game, and if Mankind Divided is even half as good, I'm going to want to play it. I'm glad you gave it a chance! It's an amazing game experience.

I expect Mankind Divided to blow it away though

Smasandian
Yeah, it is. I'm also impressed that they got the feeling of the old Deus Ex perfectly.

There is definitely things to improve though.

KingD19
Gonna be an awesome game. I just wish they changed the battery drain = takedown mechanic.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm glad you gave it a chance! It's an amazing game experience.

I expect Mankind Divided to blow it away though

The gameplay footage was VERY promising.

Originally posted by KingD19
Gonna be an awesome game. I just wish they changed the battery drain = takedown mechanic.

What do you mean?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by -Pr-
What do you mean? It's been patched, but the battery drain mechanic in the beginning was very restrictive. It was a criticism back when the game first came out. Since then, they reworked it a bit.

I think he's talking about that

KingD19
I wasn't aware there was a patch. Haven't played in a while and wasn't sure if it remained in the sequel. But yeah in the beginning you could only do take downs, stealth otherwise by having battery packs and every takedown took a certain number of packs. No packs = no takedowns

Arachnid1
I wasn't aware there was a patch. Haven't played in a while and wasn't sure if it remained in the sequel. But yeah in the beginning you could only do take downs, stealth otherwise by having battery packs and every takedown took a certain number of packs. No packs = no takedowns It still works the same, but you have two battery packs that automatically recharge and replenishing items are more liberally placed

I haven't tried it with the new system yet, but I hear it improves things greatly. I plan on playing through again before MD comes out though, so I'll let you know

KingD19
Awesome. I'd play it for myself but unfortunately robbery/home invasion is alive and well in the world lol. I'm a gaming spectator until I get enough cash to buy all my shit back.

Smasandian
I guess it make sense......don't takedowns use the enhancements? I guess they would need power.

I never knew there was patch for it though. I guess it makes sense. You have cyborgs and nanomachines yet they can't figure out a way to have rechargeable batteries?

KingD19
True, but it was originally a flawed system. Imagine running out of all your ammo, or having none to start with and wanting to play stealth. You run out of your fine number of take down's, and then you're screwed.

Smasandian
True. I agree. It's was probably a bit much.

I will say though, how many times would you be in that situation? I remember having plenty of ammunition and numerous amounts of way of disposing peeps.

-Pr-
It's been patched, but the battery drain mechanic in the beginning was very restrictive. It was a criticism back when the game first came out. Since then, they reworked it a bit.

I think he's talking about that

Oh that. yeah, I found it much more restrictive in the first game, but once I got the director's cut, I found myself enjoying it more once they'd doubled it.

Awesome. I'd play it for myself but unfortunately robbery/home invasion is alive and well in the world lol. I'm a gaming spectator until I get enough cash to buy all my shit back.

Sucks man. Sorry to hear that.

Arachnid1
Awesome. I'd play it for myself but unfortunately robbery/home invasion is alive and well in the world lol. I'm a gaming spectator until I get enough cash to buy all my shit back. Thats rough man. Sorry to hear that. Same has happened to me before, so I know your pain. :/

KingD19
This is actually the third time it's happened. Twice by people I know for sure. Luckily for them I've never been home. My conscience might be a lot heavier now if I had been.

Arachnid1
This is actually the third time it's happened. Twice by people I know for sure. Luckily for them I've never been home. My conscience might be a lot heavier now if I had been. Thats even worse. At least mine was just a random break in. Dickheads thumb down

Anyway, I hope you recover well man

KingD19
Yeah. I just roll with the punches, keep things moving since life won't stop.

-Pr-
8fLO47qs5yw

Eat a dick, Square Enix.

Smasandian
Steam did that for awhile. I remember Company of Heroes 2 did the same thing.

It was kind of weird but it usually unlocked the previous game for free.

Arachnid1
SbTS56NIyJs

That was an awesome trailer. This is definitely my most hyped game this year, unless a new Silent Hill gets revealed.

Smasandian
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game. I always enjoyed the series. I have fond memories playing the first game 15 years ago (or more).

It was always a nice blend of stealth, action and awesome atmosphere and story.

BruceSkywalker
will I have to have knowledge of the previous game?

Smasandian
Yes.

I saw reference of a character from a previous game. A major character in fact. But there is probably videos retelling the story of Human Revolution. Also, it's essentially a prequel to the original game that was released early 2000. I do remember references but I think it was meant for fans of the series and not essential to plot of the game.

BruceSkywalker
thanks

Nephthys
Oh hey, guess which game was cut in half so they could sell two games instead of one, creating a shitty half-finished story and then the series was cancelled after only the first was released.

You have 3 guesses.

BackFire
That's too bad, despite the fact that, yes, the story was obviously butchered, I really enjoyed this game and was looking forward to another installment pretty quickly.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh hey, guess which game was cut in half so they could sell two games instead of one, creating a shitty half-finished story and then the series was cancelled after only the first was released.

You have 3 guesses. I was fking livid when I realized that was the ending. I forgot to post in this thread about it.

Can't believe they followed up HR with that BS.

Nephthys
Ironically, I've actually only just got around to playing this so I guess I'll see this crap ending for myself soon.

I'm running into a really annoying problem where the game seems to really not want to shut down and tanks my computers performance when I try. I pretty much need to use task manager to get it to probably close without staring at a frozen triangle for 5 minutes.

socool8520
I was fking livid when I realized that was the ending. I forgot to post in this thread about it.

Can't believe they followed up HR with that BS.

That did suck...a lot, but I really enjoyed the game up until that point. It was like ME 3 for me, Awesome sauce until the last 15 minutes.

Arachnid1
https://twitter.com/EliasToufexis/status/995059292242722816

The developers confirmed that Deus Ex isn't dead. It's just a resources thing. They're working on other properties at the moment. Thats good. I'm glad MD didn't kill the series. It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't even half the game Human Revolution was.

God, gaming is off the charts for me right now. With Deus Ex getting a sequel, Silent Hill getting an upcoming entry, and MGS5 coming out, three of my top five games are getting next gen versions. Hype level is immeasurable! LOL

Poor past me. Silent Hill was cancelled, and both MGSV and DEMD were disappointing shells of prior entries.

Also, lol @ both games having similar twists. Pretty big twist for both games so avoid it if you haven't finished yet. The Deus Ex twist especially wasn't spelled out for you like MGSV's twist. You had to put it together through dialogue, emails, documents, and items in the world. You're not playing Big Boss or OG Adam Jensen. You're playing clones/body doubles of both. Big Boss is in the wind and Jensen is dead (or in cryostasis).

What did you guys think of that? I did like the way Deus Ex handled the twist, I'll give them that. I'm still not sure if I like it or hate it though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.