Captain America Vs Batman strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
The read out on this scan's self explanatory...
http://www.hip2bfit.com/superhero/batman/captain-america.jpg

This scan supposedly shows a bench of well over 1,000lbs taking the smaller plates into account...
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/63265/1408158-1408079_batman_bench_1000_super.jpg

Seems pretty even.
But gym lifts (and power sets) and feats are two different animals.
Batman's all training and discipline, Captain America's got the super soldier serum.
Comics wise they're (arguably) peers though.
This is comics, after all, where men and gods go head to head.

Who has the best strength feats? Who really IS the strongest?

DarkSaint85
Wash. And that's all I can say at this point, before someone comes in and applies RL physics to comic feats.....

riv6672
RL? Nah, not applicable.

abhilegend
Batman is a peer to Cap in the same way as J'onn is to
Superman. There would be a lot of lip service if they ever
fought for Bruce, but Steve will always be shown as
stronger.

riv6672
Thats a fair way to state it.
Batman though, has way more fans, and no jobber aura, so not quite the same.

python99
Isn't Cap is maxed out at human potential with maybe the odd superhuman feat?
I'm not sure if Batman/Bruce is

relentless1
Batman and Steve Rogers are both considered peak human, their lifting feats are nearly identical (Bruces 1000lbs to Caps 1100lbs bench) and both have great showings of strength in combat to back that up, its definitely as close as it gets with these two with Cap getting the slight edge

Mindset
Originally posted by riv6672
Thats a fair way to state it.
Batman though, has way more fans, and no jobber aura, so not quite the same. Lmao

the Darkone
feats Cap is superhuman

iceman24567
Batman has no jobber aura? Since when?

Star428
I was confused by riv's statement as well.

riv6672
Abhi compared Cap/Batman to Supes/J'onn.
J'onn gets very little respect on this site, often straight up called martian manjobber.

Batman's not going to get that kind of treatment in ANY thread.

iceman24567
Abhi compared Cap/Batman to Supes/J'onn.
J'onn gets very little respect on this site, often straight up called martian manjobber.

Batman's not going to get that kind of treatment in ANY thread. Oh you used jobber aura in the wrong context. Those with jobber auras make the opponents they fight job..

leonidas
neither bats nor cap are peak human. there is a thread where i had a lengthy debate about this and other stats between them. despite what the handbooks say, both are manifestly>human. in general, cap is shown as stronger, but when their top feats are examined it can be seen quickly that bats can nearly match cap feat for feat in all areas, not just strength, the advantages are small, but they add up. in h2h, no equipment steve would take a good majority, but each fight would be brutal and very long.

h1a8
Originally posted by leonidas
neither bats nor cap are peak human. there is a thread where i had a lengthy debate about this and other stats between them. despite what the handbooks say, both are manifestly>human. in general, cap is shown as stronger, but when their top feats are examined it can be seen quickly that bats can nearly match cap feat for feat in all areas, not just strength, the advantages are small, but they add up. in h2h, no equipment steve would take a good majority, but each fight would be brutal and very long. I agree

StiltmanFTW
(...) often straight up called martian manjobber.

He's called that on other sites, too...

shadowknight
Originally posted by abhilegend
Batman is a peer to Cap in the same way as J'onn is to
Superman. There would be a lot of lip service if they ever
fought for Bruce, but Steve will always be shown as
stronger. MM isn't a peer to SM except in the most general terms. MM is closer to Thing lvl, SM is Hulk lvl. So while Thing an give Hulk a work out no one doubts Hulk will win when he gets serious. Also when you compare Strenght feats just like HUlk over Thing, SM easily towers over MM. For the most part when you compare Bat & Cap strenght feats they are extremely comparable.

carver9
Do you really think MM strength is that far off from Superman in comparison to Thing and Hulk?

shadowknight
neither bats nor cap are peak human. there is a thread where i had a lengthy debate about this and other stats between them. despite what the handbooks say, both are manifestly>human. in general, cap is shown as stronger, but when their top feats are examined it can be seen quickly that bats can nearly match cap feat for feat in all areas, not just strength, the advantages are small, but they add up. in h2h, no equipment steve would take a good majority, but each fight would be brutal and very long. No, if they fought the issue would be in doubt for a long, long time, even if there's a winner it would be a very close majority like 5.5/10 or at worst 6/10 htye are that close in skill. To tell the truth I don't necessarily see Steve as the winner in such a contest either. My take is Steve might have a very slight edge in pure technique but Bruce is better at the more advanced MA skills like Atemi and Chi manipulation.

Juntai
Originally posted by iceman24567
Oh you used jobber aura in the wrong context. Those with jobber auras make the opponents they fight job.. Yep, and Batman's aura is so huge that a team composed of the greatest fighters and minds on the planet would fight and act like complete ****ing idiots when he's around.

Deadline
Originally posted by shadowknight
My take is Steve might have a very slight edge in pure technique but Bruce is better at the more advanced MA skills like Atemi and Chi manipulation.

What's that based on?

Originally posted by Juntai
Yep, and Batman's aura is so huge that a team composed of the greatest fighters and minds on the planet would fight and act like complete ****ing idiots when he's around.

I guess that's supposed to prove something. Yea I get your point but it is BS right?

Branlor Swift
One thing's for sure, neither are weaker than Doc Green

Mindset
Originally posted by Deadline
What's that based on?

I guess that's supposed to prove something. Yea I get your point but it is BS right? I didn't think you were still alive.

shadowknight
Originally posted by carver9
Do you really think MM strength is that far off from Superman in comparison to Thing and Hulk? Lets take guesswork out of the situation and look at facts. During the 90's MM had his own series he had to amp and grow to lift a skyscraper, SM even under John Byrne who wrote arguably the weakest SM in the modern era could lift island the size of Manhattan. Before Zero hour Superman was moving continental plates and the Moon. I won't even go into N52 SM since he can lift the planet Earth with ease. So tell me which of them you think is clearly stronger than the other. That been said like the Hulk vs Thing lifting feats don't correlate pound for pound in punching feats. Nevertheless MM has never even come close to beating SM.

I can easily give you other examples that demonstrate SM clear superiority over MM Strength wise if you want.

Star428
Of course Superman's stats are superior to MM but it's MM's other abilities (mainy intangibility) combined with his top-tier stats that should give him the edge over Clark. I remember the issue where Superman one-shotted J'onn with heat vision while J'onn was intangible. LOL. How does that make any sense? It's one of the biggest instances of PIS I've ever seen and you know I like Superman a Hell of a lot more than I do J'onn. MM is an extremely boring character to me but based on the powersets of the two characters MM should win more often than not, imo. He's one of the few characters who SHOULD be able to win a majority against Big Blue but of course DC will never let that happen. They will continue to make J'onn job to him.

Rezactic
From one I understand Martian can make himself stronger by changing his structure. But then again Superman doesn't exactly have a base strength and goes up and down depending on how much solar power he's packing.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's called that on other sites, too...
I've no doubt.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Oh you used jobber aura in the wrong context. Those with jobber auras make the opponents they fight job..
Mea culpa.

Yep, and Batman's aura is so huge that a team composed of the greatest fighters and minds on the planet would fight and act like complete ****ing idiots when he's around.
Exactly. Yet J'onn tends to do that for all the characters HE fights.

Juntai

I guess that's supposed to prove something. Yea I get your point but it is BS right? No, it isn't.. but that wasn't to make any sort of real point other than helping distinguish the difference between someone who jobs and someone with a jobber aura based on another post.

riv6672
I think using "jobber aura" as a valid point is ridinkulous.

Deadline
No, it isn't.. but that wasn't to make any sort of real point other than helping distinguish the difference between someone who jobs and someone with a jobber aura based on another post.

Maybe I didn't really got your point but the bottom line is Cap is better at Batman at everything except building gadgets.

namorsubby
And all the other things he's not better than him at. Like fighting and strategy and being smart. He's better at having an awesome shield....I'll give him that.

Deadline
^Oh no not you.

leonidas
No, if they fought the issue would be in doubt for a long, long time, even if there's a winner it would be a very close majority like 5.5/10 or at worst 6/10 htye are that close in skill. To tell the truth I don't necessarily see Steve as the winner in such a contest either. My take is Steve might have a very slight edge in pure technique but Bruce is better at the more advanced MA skills like Atemi and Chi manipulation.

i really couldn't disagree more. they ARE that close in skill--close enough skill wouldn't be the deciding factor in any of the fights. in fact, i don't really think ANY indiviual stat would be the deciding factor. however, steve's small advantages in speed, strength and durability would add up. bruce has no advantage over cap in a no equipment, h2h fight except MAYBE skill, and that would be extremely small. even things like will power and tactical knowledge would be essentially equal, advantages bats usually has one almost anyone. each would be a very long, brutal fight, but cap would take the good majority imo. not too sure how anyone could see it very differently, but....that's what makes the forum go round i guess.

Deadline
i really couldn't disagree more. they ARE that close in skill--close enough skill wouldn't be the deciding factor in any of the fights. in fact, i don't really think ANY indiviual stat would be the deciding factor. however, steve's small advantages in speed, strength and durability would add up. bruce has no advantage over cap in a no equipment, h2h fight except MAYBE skill, and that would be extremely small. even things like will power and tactical knowledge would be essentially equal, advantages bats usually has one almost anyone. each would be a very long, brutal fight, but cap would take the good majority imo. not too sure how anyone could see it very differently, but....that's what makes the forum go round i guess.

No way is Bruce superior to Cap in skill if anything it's the other way around. I could even argue that Cap is better without the SSS, to be fair it should be equal.

The problem is Cap has impressive feats way before Batman even started getting a push. I would really like to know what it is that ppl think that makes Batman more skilled.

riv6672
No way is Bruce superior to Cap in skill if anything it's the other way around. I could even argue that Cap is better without the SSS, to be fair it should be equal.

The problem is Cap has impressive feats way before Batman even started getting a push. I would really like to know what it is that ppl think that makes Batman more skilled.

For what its worth, this is how i've always seen Cap's skill level (IFs thoughts, last panel).
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/20066/843471-ifvscap2.jpg
Nothing wrong with Batman being more skilled. Cap's no nonsense style, coupled with his physical stats, put him on an even playing field.
Those stats, Batman more or less matches, but he has the skill to not rely on the stats the way Cap does.

Deadline
For what its worth, this is how i've always seen Cap's skill level (IFs thoughts, last panel).
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/20066/843471-ifvscap2.jpg
Nothing wrong with Batman being more skilled. Cap's no nonsense style, coupled with his physical stats, put him on an even playing field.
Those stats, Batman more or less matches, but he has the skill to not rely on the stats the way Cap does.

You're basing that on one 1000 year old quote? Well to be quite honest with you you may not have read a lot of Cap comics. I've read a lot of Batman and Cap, the only reason why you may consider Batman to be more skilled is because he tends to mention the technique hes using more often. Cap doesn't need to, you don't hold your own against Korvac because you're peak human.

riv6672
You're basing that on one 1000 year old quote? Well to be quite honest with you you may not have read a lot of Cap comics. I've read a lot of Batman and Cap, the only reason why you may consider Batman to be more skilled is because he tends to mention the technique hes using more often. Cap doesn't need to, you don't hold your own against Korvac because you're peak human.
Your condescending attitude doesnt make your point mean squat to me. Less actually.

Not interested in a comic book dick measuring contest over who's read the most comics either, though i'd wager i was reading comics while you were in knickers.

Learn to debate, not dismiss facts you dont like because they're "1000 years old", then talk to me.
I'll make another wager and say i'm still going to get a good laugh out of you.

leonidas
you don't hold your own against korvac on skill either.....a shield, will power and a little pis are all needed.

as for skill--i'd say bats was slightly more skilled, but the difference is negligible. more mention is made of batman's skills, of all the ma he is trained in, how many weapons he is proficient with. there are 2 many examples of him fighting skilled opponents and dealing with them. cap has been shown to be below people like mantis and moondragon, while bruce contends well with guys like val. even logan has appeared to be more skilled than him in one scenario. all that said, i STILL think the skill levels are very close, but it think it is easier to support the stance that bat's is the more skilled, than the other way around.

regardless, this isn't the thread for this discussion--there is already a 200+ page thread that deals with bats vs cap no equipment.

on topic, their peak strength levels are nearly identical based on feats, with an edge to cap in a general sense.

Deadline
Your condescending attitude doesnt make your point mean squat to me. Less actually.

Not interested in a comic book dick measuring contest over who's read the most comics either, though i'd wager i was reading comics while you were in knickers.

Learn to debate, not dismiss facts you dont like because they're "1000 years old", then talk to me.
I'll make another wager and say i'm still going to get a good laugh out of you.

You're overeacting. The point is it's one fairly old quote, it doesn't prove anything. There are lots of examples that contradict that like the example I mentioned there are lots more.

riv6672
Calm down, tiny dancer.
I know its hard to believe but, comics existed before 2001. smile

On topic:
on topic, their peak strength levels are nearly identical based on feats, with an edge to cap in a general sense.
This seems to be the case, thanks!

KingD19
The simplest way I see it is that with them being so close, Batman is rated slightly higher in fighting skill and Cap simply has more feats of insane shit that showcases his stats.

Deadline
you don't hold your own against korvac on skill either.....a shield, will power and a little pis are all needed.

as for skill--i'd say bats was slightly more skilled, but the difference is negligible. more mention is made of batman's skills, of all the ma he is trained in, how many weapons he is proficient with. there are 2 many examples of him fighting skilled opponents and dealing with them. cap has been shown to be below people like mantis and moondragon, while bruce contends well with guys like val. even logan has appeared to be more skilled than him in one scenario. all that said, i STILL think the skill levels are very close, but it think it is easier to support the stance that bat's is the more skilled, than the other way around.

regardless, this isn't the thread for this discussion--there is already a 200+ page thread that deals with bats vs cap no equipment.

If you want to open up that thread thats up to you. Just a question you did actually read the Korvac fight and see Cap was using his fists in that fight? In fact I think he used it more than his shield. Not even sure what to make of that statement.

shadowknight
Originally posted by Star428
Of course Superman's stats are superior to MM but it's MM's other abilities (mainy intangibility) combined with his top-tier stats that should give him the edge over Clark. I remember the issue where Superman one-shotted J'onn with heat vision while J'onn was intangible. LOL. How does that make any sense? It's one of the biggest instances of PIS I've ever seen and you know I like Superman a Hell of a lot more than I do J'onn. MM is an extremely boring character to me but based on the powersets of the two characters MM should win more often than not, imo. He's one of the few characters who SHOULD be able to win a majority against Big Blue but of course DC will never let that happen. They will continue to make J'onn job to him. It was Carver acting surprised when I said SM is considerably above MM in STR lvl. As for SM 1 shotting MM while J'onn is intangible that's power for the course. Depending on how you see SM HV working. John Byrne explained it as Telekinetically moving molecules, IIRC MM Intangibility works by spreading his molecules apart, so based on that SM should be able to affect him. Lets not forget other Kryptonians have also easily defeated MM while phased, and even in his own series a villain affected him with a telekinetic heat based attack while intangible. So it's hardly this automatic win, that J'onn has vs SM.

cdtm
It was Carver acting surprised when I said SM is considerably above MM in STR lvl. As for SM 1 shotting MM while J'onn is intangible that's power for the course. Depending on how you see SM HV working. John Byrne explained it as Telekinetically moving molecules, IIRC MM Intangibility works by spreading his molecules apart, so based on that SM should be able to affect him. Lets not forget other Kryptonians have also easily defeated MM while phased, and even in his own series a villain affected him with a telekinetic heat based attack while intangible. So it's hardly this automatic win, that J'onn has vs SM.

MM phased right through Superbitch Prime's hv, though.

John Ostrander, who wrote the definitive mini of the pre nu52 era, had MM hurt only by a new god sword that was in phase with hyperspace, or something. The implication, was Martian phasing was based on some sort of dimensional shifting.

riv6672
Ostrander had a great understanding of the character.

shadowknight
Originally posted by cdtm
MM phased right through Superbitch Prime's hv, though.

John Ostrander, who wrote the definitive mini of the pre nu52 era, had MM hurt only by a new god sword that was in phase with hyperspace, or something. The implication, was Martian phasing was based on some sort of dimensional shifting. It depends on the writer on how J'onn maintainability works, but IIRC it was during John Ostrander series run where a Telekinetic villainess hurt MM with a Heat based attack while Intangible.

leonidas
If you want to open up that thread thats up to you. Just a question you did actually read the Korvac fight and see Cap was using his fists in that fight? In fact I think he used it more than his shield. Not even sure what to make of that statement.

i debated for several pages in that thread already as a challenge with rage going feat-for-feat with scans. i certainly have nothing more to add to that thread.

as for the korvac fight--are you referencing the classic "time ends for you now!" battle against the avengers? in that fight he did nothing more than throw his shield at korvac who was in human form and had his back turned to him. he stunned him briefly with the shield then punched korvac twice then.....got annihilated.

if you're talking about another meeting, then i don't think i've seen it. and what you can make of the statement is simple--cap threw his shield from behind and punched a stunned mike twice. not exactly a great skill display, as cool as the scene was.

Rezactic

The problem is Cap has impressive feats way before Batman even started getting a push. I would really like to know what it is that ppl think that makes Batman more skilled. lol no, Batman is more skilled than Cap, does Cap know every pressure point on the body? Is Cap a master of every fighting style? Can Captain America reverse pressure points? Hell Batman has used pressure points on freaking Solomon Grundy who's made out of plant matter. Bats skill is like a 10, Cap is like 7

Mindset
Originally posted by Rezactic
lol no, Batman is more skilled than Cap, does Cap know every pressure point on the body? Is Cap a master of every fighting style? Can Captain America reverse pressure points? Hell Batman has used pressure points on freaking Solomon Grundy who's made out of plant matter. Bats skill is like a 10, Cap is like 7 lol

StiltmanFTW
Cap hit a fragile spot on Onslaught's neck...

Anyway, Cap is stronger than Wayne.

Rezactic
Cap is stronger, Batman hits harder, unless Cap can melee one shot giant robots

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3755549-batman+%2323+-+batman+vs+robot+4.jpg

Mindset
Where's TP when you need him to link respect threads?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rezactic
Cap is stronger, Batman hits harder, unless Cap can melee one shot giant robots

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/105634/3755549-batman+%2323+-+batman+vs+robot+4.jpg

Nice feat for sure, esp. the art is cool...

... but how is that beyond what Cap's done? confused

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nice feat for sure, esp. the art is cool...

... but how is that beyond what Cap's done? confused

Its not beyond what Daredevil has done....

StiltmanFTW
True. Daredevil has wrecked Ultron shocklaugh

leonidas
and a diamond version of creel iirc. best we leave dd out of this.

relentless1

are you kidding me? Batman is very much Caps superior in MA ability, even when he wasn't Bat God he was able to give Deathstroke, who was his superior physically at the time a good enough fight that Deathstroke commented on Batmans prowess with utmost respect afterwards. And like I said, thats before years of amping to the character, they are very close in physical stats with Cap edging Bats out but batman is most certainly his superior in skill, which is why this is such a good close fight.

Batmans MA showings:

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.ca/p/martial-arts.html

and, back onto topic, Batmans strength feats:

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.ca/p/powerstrength.html

StiltmanFTW
and a diamond version of creel iirc. best we leave dd out of this.

Wha..? When? How?

Do you have scans on hand?

leonidas
sure:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/1/15047/421686-ddvsabsorbingman14bt.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/11352/494647-472206_absorb_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/1/15047/421688-ddvsabsorbingman34ol.jpg

surprised you never saw it before. it's one of dd's best wins imo.

abhilegend
Haha, DD is a beast.

zom1967
You have to admit with the serum cap is stronger(it`s like a super steroid)Batman who is on nothing but supplements can`t match this.But this does not mean cap can beat batman in a Fight either!

StiltmanFTW
sure:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/1/15047/421686-ddvsabsorbingman14bt.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/11352/494647-472206_absorb_super.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/1/15047/421688-ddvsabsorbingman34ol.jpg

surprised you never saw it before. it's one of dd's best wins imo.

Thanks. Now that I have scans in front of me, I do vaguely remember seeng it before.

Great feat indeed. Seems like owning Creel is a family tradition for Murdocks, btw laughing out loud :

http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/idigitaltimes.com/files/styles/image_embed/public/2015/02/23/absorbing-man-daredevil.jpg?itok=qLtd32TE

Star428
Cap is obviously stronger (or at least he's supposed to be) because of the serum but not so much stronger than Bats has no chance. They're pretty evenly matched, imo. I think Bruce has the skill edge slightly.

riv6672
This was a fun thread. You guys are emphatic.

Rezactic
Well it's been something that's been debated to death.

riv6672
Not as much as skill vs skill, which of course did bleed in.
I was just interested in strength.

Rezactic
I think the general consensus is that Cap is stronger and that Batman is more skilled. Of course one recurring them I've noticed is that some people will use Cap's highest showings and call PIS on everything Batman does. Pretty lulz worth if you ask me.

DTM
Captain America is the pinnacle of what a human being can be physically, Batman is the pinnacle of what Bruce Wayne can be physically. Say what you will, use the term peak human to describe both, but Captain America simply put is physically superior to Batman. Batman makes up for it with intellect, cunning and gadgets, but physically, he is not at Caps level.

relentless1
if Batman isn't peak human then how is it that he's more agile than olympic gymnasts and stronger than olympic lifters? thats pretty impossible in real life so he's got to be a pinnacle human as well, nobody could be what bruce is in reality; that makes him a peak human too

DTM
No, it makes him a comic book character, and you cant compare such characters to real life people, it just doesnt work that way.

relentless1
you're right, we can only compare feats and Batman has strength feats that are comparable to Caps

riv6672
This whole last exchange is why i thought this might be interesting.

Rezactic
Originally posted by relentless1
if Batman isn't peak human then how is it that he's more agile than olympic gymnasts and stronger than olympic lifters? thats pretty impossible in real life so he's got to be a pinnacle human as well, nobody could be what bruce is in reality; that makes him a peak human too Peak human in general is vague. Batman's strength and speed feats are easily on with Cap's, the only defense that can be made is "buh buh Bats is teh peak human" as if there's a defined criteria for peak human. Peak humans aren't able to bench 1200+ lbs for a morning routine or punch through RPG glass.

Juntai
Maybe I didn't really got your point but the bottom line is Cap is better at Batman at everything except building gadgets. I was just explaining the difference to someone else. I hadn't even commented on actual Batman vs Cap yet.

riv6672
Go for it! thumb up

golem370
The read out on this scan's self explanatory...
http://www.hip2bfit.com/superhero/batman/captain-america.jpg

This scan supposedly shows a bench of well over 1,000lbs taking the smaller plates into account...
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/63265/1408158-1408079_batman_bench_1000_super.jpg

Seems pretty even.
But gym lifts (and power sets) and feats are two different animals.
Batman's all training and discipline, Captain America's got the super soldier serum.
Comics wise they're (arguably) peers though.
This is comics, after all, where men and gods go head to head.

Who has the best strength feats? Who really IS the strongest?

The problem with these pics is who knows what weight is on Bruce's rack and also how many reps there were.

Also does the fact that Captain America is suppose to have unlimited stamina come into play?

riv6672
Yeah, a lot of variables if you want to get nit picky, and thats what we do of course.
I like your last point though, as it hardly ever gets mentioned. thumb up

namorsubby
Bruce doesn't even need that feat to be in a league with cap strength wise. He is.

But wait no he didn't have a serum. He doesn't have a peak potential blah blah blah....

Shut up

carver9
Captain is stronger.

Insane Titan
Batman is weak compared to Cap

riv6672
Nah.

Insane Titan
Yeah.

You crying because you was de modded laughing out loud

riv6672
Calm down tea cup.

I know you're upset you posted a movie versus topic in the wrong forum. I'm not judging.

Rezactic
The 1100lbs bench press from Cap was like 2+ decades ago anyway, up until 2000's Cap was a peak human but ever since his second and third solo he's been enhanced - low level superhuman.

Thing about Bats is that he's had superhuman feats for a while now, ever since Miller had him one shotting tree's.

Insane Titan
Calm down tea cup.

I know you're upset you posted a movie versus topic in the wrong forum. I'm not judging. lmao

Also you need to read the rules

riv6672
Look at that muscular definition.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0c/b2/03/0cb203e27ef9a35b6b85b75a23957887.jpg

tkitna
Cap kicks sand in Waynes face at the beach and theres nothing he can do about it.

Surtur
neither bats nor cap are peak human. there is a thread where i had a lengthy debate about this and other stats between them. despite what the handbooks say, both are manifestly>human. in general, cap is shown as stronger, but when their top feats are examined it can be seen quickly that bats can nearly match cap feat for feat in all areas, not just strength, the advantages are small, but they add up. in h2h, no equipment steve would take a good majority, but each fight would be brutal and very long.

Ah see, but they ARE peak human. The trouble is that real world peak humans and comic book peak humans are of completely different molds. This is why it is especially hilarious whenever you see people talking about how they love the comic version of Batman because he is just a "normal person" with gadgets.

Batman should of course be physically inferior to Captain America in every way, but he's not because he is Batman.

riv6672
A more realistic comparison of human/peak human would be their movie versions.

Surtur
A more realistic comparison of human/peak human would be their movie versions.

This of course brings the problem the other way. Yes Batman is supposed to be a normal person, but when you see him being given trouble via attack dogs it tends to depress you. It's hard to find the correct balance.

riv6672
Yeah, but, he's DEFinitely human, though a well trained one.
I see your point though, and it is a little...meh.

Rezactic
Originally posted by Surtur
Ah see, but they ARE peak human. The trouble is that real world peak humans and comic book peak humans are of completely different molds. This is why it is especially hilarious whenever you see people talking about how they love the comic version of Batman because he is just a "normal person" with gadgets.

Batman should of course be physically inferior to Captain America in every way, but he's not because he is Batman. I rarely find anyone that says they like Batman because he's a "normal human" normal humans aren't vigilante billionaire genius detectives who've mastered every martial art and field of science and run around at night dressed like a Bat.

riv6672
Yrs. the bat motif...not happening.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.