Alright Gladiator attacks the Avengers like he did the FF

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright lets replace the Fantastic Four in the fight but instead add some Avengers now is isn't current team but a early 90s team. Will this team be able to stop Gladiator even in a blindside attack?

Attacks
Iron Man instead of Thing and it starts in the park
Instead of Invisible Woman it will be Vision
Instead of Franklin it will be Hercules
and Instead of Reed Richards it will be Namor

DarkSaint85
He kills them all.

riv6672
Avengers should do way better in this fight.
All your characters are legit strong men (same as, and better than, Ben), with varied power sets that are just more effective than stretching and fire.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/fantastic_four_249-250.shtml

For anyone interested this is how the fight breaks down...

golem370
I think it would be a hell of a fight going towards the Avengers.

DarkSaint85
@golem: Nah.

He was defeated by Reed tricking him - it was obvious brute force failed miserably. Hercules and Namor wouldn't fare much better. Iron Man conceivably could rig a projector up. Vison is a non-factor, especially his old version....

riv6672
Vision is a non factor?

Nah.

Between him and IM in the tech/smarts department, they have this.

And as for brute force not working, the FF didnt use brute force.

leonidas
how's vision a non-factor...? confused

not sure how glads would hit him, and a phase attack would be a very large problem for glads. in the ff he took them mostly 1 at a time. if this team could work together they have a good chance. his speed is his biggest advantage here. if we use current vision i'd say the team would take it.

golem370
To Thing's credit he got up after his k.o with no real damage.

riv6672
Originally posted by golem370
To Thing's credit he got up after his k.o with no real damage.
Yeah, i love that scene. thumb up

Insane Titan
Glads stomps

riv6672
He might.
The Avengers wont get steam rolled like the FF did though.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
how's vision a non-factor...? confused

not sure how glads would hit him, and a phase attack would be a very large problem for glads. in the ff he took them mostly 1 at a time. if this team could work together they have a good chance. his speed is his biggest advantage here. if we use current vision i'd say the team would take it.

I thought:

A: 90s versions
B: he fights them like he did the FF. So one at a time.

Glad's speed. Which I had as faster than Vision, even allowing for his enhanced robo reflexes.

@riv:

Thing did. Torch did. IW did. Franklin tried brute force, but had his power blockers.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
@riv:

Thing did. Torch did. IW did. Franklin tried brute force, but had his power blockers.
You said brute force.
To me thats strength.

Also, if the fight takes place the exact same way, why bother opining?
Iron Man's going to sound the alert quickly (he had less ego back then), and then its a concerted effort.
Now, if the OP turns out wanting the exact same fight thats great. Not something i care to rehash though.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
You said brute force.
To me thats strength.

Also, if the fight takes place the exact same way, why bother opining?
Iron Man's going to sound the alert quickly (he had less ego back then), and then its a concerted effort.
Now, if the OP turns out wanting the exact same fight thats great. Not something i care to rehash though.

Ah. Fair enough. I just saw it as force - IOW, here's a threat, let's hit him in a full frontal assault. Fighting like a brute, with no application of any real strategy or of their powers (so IW, rather than opening bubbles in his brain or blinding his eyes or anything like that, attempts to hold him in her strongest force field). That kinda thing.

I thought if he alerts the others, it kinda negates the point of a blindsided attack....

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ah. Fair enough. I just saw it as force - IOW, here's a threat, let's hit him in a full frontal assault. Fighting like a brute, with no application of any real strategy or of their powers (so IW, rather than opening bubbles in his brain or blinding his eyes or anything like that, attempts to hold him in her strongest force field). That kinda thing.

I thought if he alerts the others, it kinda negates the point of a blindsided attack....

Well yes it'd start as a blind side attack, but different characters will react differently, or again, whats the point?
Also, i'd say brain bubbles and blinded eyes are way more full force than a force field prison.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
Well yes it'd start as a blind side attack, but different characters will react differently, or again, whats the point?
Also, i'd say brain bubbles and blinded eyes are way more full force than a force field prison.

One's s surgical strike, like a scalpel. Target the eyes, or the brain, minimal force needed - just applied in the right area.

The other is a sledgehammer. Needs less precision and aim. Just encase Glads in a prison, and trust that your ability to contain him is greater than your strength.

riv6672
Agree to disagree.

JBL
The fight gladiator had with the FF was a non-jobbing gladiator. Not one of the characters stood a chance in hell as portrayed in that comic. They were nothing to him as he defeated them all with ease. The only way to stop him was to weaken him further as he was hit with radiation i believe before he came to earth. Using this non-jobbing gladiator would result in the death of these avengers.

ShadowFyre
Hercules is the only one with strength and skill to hang with glads, vision can phase.or something, uhh thats about it. Namor can be beastly as well but I can see him.getting one shotted.

If team.can somehow manage to.distract Gladiator long enough for Herc to get a KO or submission or something..

Most likely Glads one shots 3 of this 4 man team, and that leaves pretty much two people with "near infinite " strength cept one also.has speed,lasers etc.

riv6672
Wow, just wow at low balling top tier characters. laughing out loud

carver9
Giving this to Glads. Especially during that issue. He was meant to be unstoppable during that FF4 run. He wasn't even fighting them at full power. Before hand, he was hit by a blast that could've leveled an entire solar system. This blast fatigued him but he was still tanking everything that was thrown at him. This doesn't include the fact that he was also using his super speed throughout this run as well.

ShadowFyre
They are all top tier but Gladiator and Hercules are on the level above them strength and durability wise, Namor, Iron Man, and Vision have arguably done the best out of anyone in their weight class against people stronger than them. And this team would probably win in comics, and Glads has some horrible showings as well. But he should take this 7/10

riv6672
St least you're open to the possibility of the team winning. More than most here.

leonidas
it depends entirely on how the fight is supposed to occur. they wouldn't win if they faced him in the same way the ff did--that is as individuals for the most part. none of them could take him 1on1. but if they can function as a team, they would beat him for a majority imo.

Terryc250
an Alright Gladiator as in, Average Confidence?

Tar-Antado
Glads was just lucky Franklin's power dampeners were on, otherwise he would've been turned into a newt with a mohawk. Anyway, I don't think the Avengers would've done any better or worse. Stark could've pulled Reed's trick. BtW, that issue was brilliant with Byrne at the height of his writing and art.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Hercules could take him down, strength wise they are equals though Glads is faster, I think he might pull a majority.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Glads was just lucky Franklin's power dampeners were on, otherwise he would've been turned into a newt with a mohawk. Anyway, I don't think the Avengers would've done any better or worse. Stark could've pulled Reed's trick. BtW, that issue was brilliant with Byrne at the height of his writing and art.

Stark COULD, if he was last and had time to formulate a plan like Reed dod aftwr seeing him lift the Baxter building etc.

Branlor Swift
it depends entirely on how the fight is supposed to occur. they wouldn't win if they faced him in the same way the ff did--that is as individuals for the most part. none of them could take him 1on1. but if they can function as a team, they would beat him for a majority imo. The only reason the F4 largely faced him one on one is because they weren't durable enough to withstand him. You add an extra page for each opponent he fought in that fight and he would have had to fight multiple people.

If he punches Herc through a bus he's coming back. If he blows Namor around with some wind he's coming back. I don't know who else is in this thread but they aren't going to stand around or just get one shotted immediately to a point where it becomes one on one.

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The only reason the F4 largely faced him one on one is because they weren't durable enough to withstand him. You add an extra page for each opponent he fought in that fight and he would have had to fight multiple people.

If he punches Herc through a bus he's coming back. If he blows Namor around with some wind he's coming back. I don't know who else is in this thread but they aren't going to stand around or just get one shotted immediately to a point where it becomes one on one.

yeah, i guess this could be true. i seem to recall early on in the fight he had a few of them alone, but i guess maybe he just eliminated them too quickly for help to arrive. in any event, with a chance to get together, they would take him out.

zom1967
I think Glads throws Herc miles away(a trick he used on Juggs)and plows through the rest of the team easy!

golem370
The only reason the F4 largely faced him one on one is because they weren't durable enough to withstand him. You add an extra page for each opponent he fought in that fight and he would have had to fight multiple people.

This sounds like a dig at Thing. Thing had no real time to prepare for the first speeding punch as he was catching a car that was flung at him then tossed essentially 35 stories in to a skyscraper, then still managed to tackle Gladiator out of the building leading to a bus slammed on his head with great force but still was only out of a few moments until he woke up with no real damage.

Branlor Swift
This sounds like a dig at Thing. Thing had no real time to prepare for the first speeding punch as he was catching a car that was flung at him then tossed essentially 35 stories in to a skyscraper, then still managed to tackle Gladiator out of the building leading to a bus slammed on his head with great force but still was only out of a few moments until he woke up with no real damage. What

Also I'd rather have some superficial damage than get knocked clean out.

leonidas
he sees through your thing-hate like galan sees through abstract concepts.

carver9
Originally posted by zom1967
I think Glads throws Herc miles away(a trick he used on Juggs)and plows through the rest of the team easy!

When did Gladiator fight Juggernaut?

Branlor Swift
he sees through your thing-hate like galan sees through abstract concepts. I wish I could put my thing in his morning coffee.

Originally posted by carver9
When did Gladiator fight Juggernaut? The cartoon and the cartoon comic. Two non canon comics rules each other out to make it canon. They call it negative canon law

carver9
no expression

I hope that isn't true.

Galan007
I wish I could put my thing in his morning coffee. http://38.media.tumblr.com/12afe93e5192f140f48b37155ec278ba/tumblr_nh5pgeq7Un1rkwno9o1_400.gif

leonidas
lo ******* l

golem370
What

Also I'd rather have some superficial damage than get knocked clean out.

All the damage he took and the knockout didn't do anything but knock him out he was fine when he woke up no real damage.

Branlor Swift
All the damage he took and the knockout didn't do anything but knock him out he was fine when he woke up no real damage. What the **** kind of point is that?

You know what kind of damage he got? Irreparable brain damage

abhilegend
They beat the shit out of him, don't be silly.

riv6672

This. SO this.

zom1967
Hey it was Glads 1st appearance,he was getting over no matter what!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.