Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
AWESOME! Not 100% confirmed, but I like this.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58489594?ref_=hm_nw_tp3

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=118415

Golgo13
http://www.slashfilm.com/barry-allen-flash-movie/

JayDaDon
I really dont like the casting of that kid as Barry. I think i might hate it more than the fantastic four casting

DARTH POWER
Don't really need this when we have the CW series. But am looking forward to him being in Justice League.

JayDaDon
I just don't understand how you offer someone a role like Barry allen with no auditions for a movie thats 3-4 years away.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Don't really need this when we have the CW series. But am looking forward to him being in Justice League.

do you think that kid should be wally instead?

JayDaDon
Out of the two Hell yes Gustin should be Barry instead

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
do you think that kid should be wally instead?

I don't think it will make a difference. Because it will likely be it's own thing with hardly any connection to the comics. Barry Allen is just a name they're using.

Luckily the Tv show is doing a superb job of giving us Flash. So don't really need this. Just need him in the Justice League... With his mask on all the time, so I can pretend it's Gustin under that mask.

JayDaDon
I don't think it will make a difference. Because it will likely be it's own thing with hardly any connection to the comics. Barry Allen is just a name they're using.in the Justice League.

Smh in this age of CBMs I thought it was safe to expect more

Golgo13
I don't think it will make a difference. Because it will likely be it's own thing with hardly any connection to the comics. Barry Allen is just a name they're using.

Luckily the Tv show is doing a superb job of giving us Flash. So don't really need this. Just need him in the Justice League... With his mask on all the time, so I can pretend it's Gustin under that mask.

A JLA without the Flash would be stupid, IMO. Flash has pretty much always been in the major JL rosters. And stop with the "should have used the CW actor". They're not connected, so let's stop beating a dead horse.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Smh in this age of CBMs I thought it was safe to expect more

I'm sad to say I'm not surprised.

BruceSkywalker

i would agree

Golgo13

Who said it won't have anything to do with the comics?

-Pr-
Why should we expect it would be?

MOS, BVS and Suicide Squad, while certainly inspired by the comics, have hinted if not straight up shown that it's a somewhat loose inspiration at best.

Golgo13
Yeah, but he said hardly. The script isn't even out yet. Snyder has even stated that BVS is inspired by Frank Miller's TDK.

I don't even want a direct copy of the book, but I'm sure Flash will be somewhat close to the comics. When Phil lord said different, I think he meant different than the TV show.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Golgo13
Yeah, but he said hardly. The script isn't even out yet. Snyder has even stated that BVS is inspired by Frank Miller's TDK.

I don't even want a direct copy of the book, but I'm sure Flash will be somewhat close to the comics. When Phil lord said different, I think he meant different than the TV show.

Saying it's inspired by a short elseworlds that's almost 30 years old isn't the same thing as being based on the comics as they are today, imo.

That Batman isn't the same Batman we've been reading for said 30 odd years. So to me, that's a loose/hardly an association, if at all.

If Flash is based more on the comics, great. I'm just not expecting it to, given the DCCU's attitude towards them so far.

JayDaDon
Its clear to me they're just gonna have the miller kid do his own hipster version of Flash and just slap "Barry Allen" on there. I mean....the guy didn't even audition no expression

Golgo13
Originally posted by -Pr-
Saying it's inspired by a short elseworlds that's almost 30 years old isn't the same thing as being based on the comics as they are today, imo.

That Batman isn't the same Batman we've been reading for said 30 odd years. So to me, that's a loose/hardly an association, if at all.

If Flash is based more on the comics, great. I'm just not expecting it to, given the DCCU's attitude towards them so far.

They keep changing Batman, though. As long as the core is still there, I'm all good. MOS had the core of Superman there and that's all I need. Snyder likes to stick with the source material, so I'm not too worried.

Golgo13
Its clear to me they're just gonna have the miller kid do his own hipster version of Flash and just slap "Barry Allen" on there. I mean....the guy didn't even audition no expression

The kid has a lot of talent, IMO. Similar to Miles Teller.

DARTH POWER
And stop with the "should have used the CW actor". They're not connected, so let's stop beating a dead horse.

I didn't say they should be (well I haven't said that in the last 6 months or so anyway).

You're awfully defensive over everything WB is doing with the DCCU.

For most of us they have to prove themselves before we start trusting every decision they're making, and not the other way around.

-Pr-
They keep changing Batman, though. As long as the core is still there, I'm all good. MOS had the core of Superman there and that's all I need. Snyder likes to stick with the source material, so I'm not too worried.

TDKR isn't the core of Batman. They really haven't changed him that much in the past 20 odd years, imo, so that's not an excuse either.

MOS was barely there too.

CPT Space Bomb
TDKR isn't the core of Batman. They really haven't changed him that much in the past 20 odd years, imo, so that's not an excuse either.

MOS was barely there too. Wow there PR, whoa. You're not allowed to use logic here! laughing

Golgo13
I didn't say they should be (well I haven't said that in the last 6 months or so anyway).

You're awfully defensive over everything WB is doing with the DCCU.

For most of us they have to prove themselves before we start trusting every decision they're making, and not the other way around.

No, I'm just tired of people saying the same thing. We have Ezra as Flash. Nothing is going to change that. Don't like it? Fine, but move on.

JayDaDon
Its our right to voice how our opinion on it. Why weren't you defending fantastic four when the board was tearing those casting choices apart? Nevermind, we all know why

JayDaDon
Flash(Barry) is my favorite DC hero and I see it as kind of a slap in the face that they would just hand off the role so unnecessarily early instead of holding auditions. Whatever. Looks like Gustin may give us the most accurate portrayal of Barry we may see.

BruceSkywalker
Its our right to voice how our opinion on it. Why weren't you defending fantastic four when the board was tearing those casting choices apart? Nevermind, we all know why

thumb up

Golgo13

I was somewhat defending FF. I've stated numerous times that I think the film is going to be good. Don't be a moron and actually read my posts.

Golgo13
Flash(Barry) is my favorite DC hero and I see it as kind of a slap in the face that they would just hand off the role so unnecessarily early instead of holding auditions. Whatever. Looks like Gustin may give us the most accurate portrayal of Barry we may see.

Think for a second. WB usually has been hitting it out of the park in terms of casting, despite what the naysayers say. They wouldn't just hand out a role like this unless they think Ezra would do a good job. They wanted someone with charisma and good acting chops. Ezra fills that bill.

Also, Zack himself wanted Ezra. It's his movie and he knows where he wants to take the Flash.

JayDaDon
Usually knocking it out of the park? You're talking out of your ass. We're at a grand total of ONE film into this movie universe. Which movies have you seen that gives WB such a stellar track record? They have everything to prove and have not earned the benefit of the doubt yet.

Also you saying you're looking forward to fantastic four is not the same as the shit you're doing now. I adressed casting specifically. Nice try though.

Golgo13
Usually knocking it out of the park? You're talking out of your ass. We're at a grand total of ONE film into this movie universe. Which movies have you seen that gives WB such a stellar track record? They have everything to prove and have not earned the benefit of the doubt yet.

Also you saying you're looking forward to fantastic four is not the same as the shit you're doing now. I adressed casting specifically. Nice try though.

Yes, with 2 movies on there way. Casting has been solid thus far for the exception of WW.

Firefly218
Yes, with 2 movies on there way. Casting has been solid thus far for the exception of WW.

I don't like the Lex Luthor decision much either. If a young Jesse Eisenberg Lex works well in the movie, it'll be great. I feel like they missed the opportunity to have a badass Bryan Cranston type Lex.

Golgo13
Bryan would have been great, but he's too old. They're aiming for a young lex.

Firefly218
Bryan would have been great, but he's too old. They're aiming for a young lex.

Middle-aged or same age as Clark Kent is perfect for Lex IMO. Having Lex be a young 20 something feels stupid on the surface, especially if he's played with Eisenberg's signature style.

DARTH POWER
^ Eisenberg and Caville are about the same age.

No, I'm just tired of people saying the same thing. We have Ezra as Flash. Nothing is going to change that. Don't like it? Fine, but move on.

No you're just being overly defensive. I've not even said anything bad about this film or the casting (although I am worried they've brought in a comedy duo to do it).

But what I said was "I don't really need it" since they're giving us such a great Live action Flash weekly.

Golgo13
^ Eisenberg and Caville are about the same age.

No you're just being overly defensive. I've not even said anything bad about this film or the casting (although I am worried they've brought in a comedy duo to do it).

But what I said was "I don't really need it" since they're giving us such a great Live action Flash weekly.

Well, TBH, you don't really need any movie and or Justice League film. wink

ares834

Not sure how it's "clear" at all TBH.

That said I think he is a horrible casting choice.

Golgo13
People are jumping the gun here. Way to early. Phil Lord and Miller are still developing the script.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by ares834
Not sure how it's "clear" at all TBH.

That said I think he is a horrible casting choice.

That's why I said "clear to ME"

DARTH POWER
Well, TBH, you don't really need any movie and or Justice League film. wink

My comic book nerdness actually does need a good live action Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and yes Justice League.

With Flash I'm looking forward to getting him in a JL movie, interacting with Batman and Superman and with big budget special effects portraying his powers. But in terms of his solo adventures I'm more than happy with the CW series. I mean they've given us Gorilla Grodd! How cool was that?

Golgo13
My comic book nerdness actually does need a good live action Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and yes Justice League.

With Flash I'm looking forward to getting him in a JL movie, interacting with Batman and Superman and with big budget special effects portraying his powers. But in terms of his solo adventures I'm more than happy with the CW series. I mean they've given us Gorilla Grodd! How cool was that?

Haven't been paying attention to Flash, because of school. I hear Grodd was good, though. He doesn't look cheap.

-Pr-
WB usually has been hitting it out of the park in terms of casting, despite what the naysayers say.

...What?

Golgo13
What?

-Pr-
What?

Just at a loss as to how you can make a claim like that when we've only seen one movie in the universe so far.

Golgo13
Just at a loss as to how you can make a claim like that when we've only seen one movie in the universe so far.

I said the casting has been good, not necessarily the pperformances. Time will tell.

-Pr-
I said the casting has been good, not necessarily the pperformances. Time will tell.

The casting doesn't really mean much without the performances though, does it?

Golgo13
The casting doesn't really mean much without the performances though, does it?

Which is why I said casting only. I agree, yes, and time will tell.

Blair Wind
I really like Lord/Miller so I'm sure that I'll like the script. I'm just not sure how I feel about having two Barry's being promoted - I'd rather have Wally TBH.

DARTH POWER

You can't judge the casting until you see their performances man.

People didn't like the idea of Robert Downey being Tony Stark, but once everyone saw his performance we saw what genius casting it was. Similarly Ryan Reynolds seemed like decent casting for GL, but it turned out he wasn't really the best casting choice for that role at all (too much of the Reynolds funny man routine in an unfunny script).

I will say though Henry Caville was good casting. But again I can only say that after seeing him perform in the role.

Golgo13
You can't judge the casting until you see their performances man.

People didn't like the idea of Robert Downey being Tony Stark, but once everyone saw his performance we saw what genius casting it was. Similarly Ryan Reynolds seemed like decent casting for GL, but it turned out he wasn't really the best casting choice for that role at all (too much of the Reynolds funny man routine in an unfunny script).

I will say though Henry Caville was good casting. But again I can only say that after seeing him perform in the role.

Downey was great casting. I don't know why people were complaining. Same with Hugh Jackman. When I look at those people, I can see their character. That's all I'm going on, not performance. Same with Margot Robbie and Ben Afleck.

DARTH POWER
Downey was great casting. I don't know why people were complaining. Same with Hugh Jackman. When I look at those people, I can see their character. That's all I'm going on, not performance. Same with Margot Robbie and Ben Afleck.

There's a difference between big names with talent and great casting. E.g. George Clooney as Batman.

Golgo13
There's a difference between big names with talent and great casting. E.g. George Clooney as Batman.

I don't think it was Clooneys fault, but more of the direction and director. It's not always the actors fault and at times the actor can phone it in, even though he could have done a better job.

DARTH POWER
I don't think it was Clooneys fault, but more of the direction and director. It's not always the actors fault and at times the actor can phone it in, even though he could have done a better job.

Well you can't completely blame the director, because Val Kilmer was a much better Batman under the same director.

Sometimes big names with talent just don't suit a particular role, or simply don't "get" the role they're playing.

That's why genius casting can only be determined by the performance an actor gives in that particular role. Hence it being worrying that Ezra Miller didn't audition (I don't know that for sure, just repeating what someone else said on this thread).

Golgo13
Well you can't completely blame the director, because Val Kilmer was a much better Batman under the same director.

Sometimes big names with talent just don't suit a particular role, or simply don't "get" the role they're playing.

That's why genius casting can only be determined by the performance an actor gives in that particular role. Hence it being worrying that Ezra Miller didn't audition (I don't know that for sure, just repeating what someone else said on this thread).

That is true, but what if Clooney just phoned it in? Actors do it all the time. Deniro for example can pretty much do anything, but lacks the effort at times.

Femi32
Warner Brothers is to blame (yes, ad nauseum but it's true) for Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. They instructed Joel Schumacher to make those movies as campy as possible to sell more toys. He later apologized for making Batman & Robin on the movie's video commentary.

Clooney did suck as Batman and Kilmer was a lot better, but I wouldn't blame him for phoning it in when WB was only interested in advertising toys. Batman & Robin was a special case of bad and it didn't allow any actor or actress to display their talents.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Femi32
Warner Brothers is to blame (yes, ad nauseum but it's true) for Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. They instructed Joel Schumacher to make those movies as campy as possible to sell more toys. He later apologized for making Batman & Robin on the movie's video commentary.

Clooney did suck as Batman and Kilmer was a lot better, but I wouldn't blame him for phoning it in when WB was only interested in advertising toys. Batman & Robin was a special case of bad and it didn't allow any actor or actress to display their talents.

That's what I'm kinda saying, though. Sometimes it's not the actors fault. If Clooney had free reign to do what he wanted, he could have been better. Haven't seen the movies in a while, so I'll take your word for it.

Inhuman
WB usually has been hitting it out of the park in terms of casting, despite what the naysayers say.

http://i.imgur.com/VmZcdaA.gif

Golgo13
Originally posted by Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/VmZcdaA.gif

Don't worry. You'll be eating your words when the movies come out. wink

Firefly218

George Clooney could've been an awesome batman given a better director/script. Imagine Clooney under Nolan.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Firefly218
George Clooney could've been an awesome batman given a better director/script. Imagine Clooney under Nolan.

Forget Clooney, what about Killmer! Love that guy. Great actor.

ares834
Unfortunately, it seems Lord and Miller won't be directing this as they have been officially announced to be the directors of a Han Solo spin off film set to be released in 2018. Great news for SW fans though!

Hopefully, they can get someone like Edgar Wright to fill in.

Firefly218
Unfortunately, it seems Lord and Miller won't be directing this as they have been officially announced to be the directors of a Han Solo spin off film set to be released in 2018. Great news for SW fans though!

**** why do a Han Solo movie, do something else. The Star Wars universe is so damn rich.

ares834
Because Han Solo is a great character who is very popular. Plus it will allow them to explore the SW underworld. Something which has a ton of potential and will be "new" for most viewers.

Zack M
It was never official that they were directing. They are developing the story, though.

Darth Thor
Because Han Solo is a great character who is very popular.

So is Kenobi. So is Yoda. If they're giving Han Solo is own movie, then they should get around to these 2 as well. Since clearly they're not interested in giving us something completely new and fresh.

Unfortunately, it seems Lord and Miller won't be directing this

Good.

ares834
We've never had a SW film about the Underworld. We've had 5 about the Jedi...
A Han Solo film will be very "new and fresh" for the GA.

Darth Thor
We've never had a SW film about the Underworld. We've had 5 about the Jedi...

We've had 3 films with Han Solo. And the whole Jabba part of ROTJ was exploring the underworld.

A Han Solo film will be very "new and fresh" for the GA.

So would a Darth Maul film stick out tongue

In fact so would a Yoda film. Jedi are not all exactly the same. Yoda's certainly a very different Jedi to Luke Skywalker.

Firefly218
I kind of don't want to see another actor assume Harrison Ford's iconic Han Solo role though. Sure make a Star Wars movie about the crime rife underbelly or whatever, just do so with new characters. Or even harken back to kotor and do a crime film around Carth Onassi. There are so many other options is all

ares834
We've had 4 films about Kenobi and 5 about Yoda then. no expression

My point was a film about the SW underworld and how smugglers operate would be very unique whereas a film about a Jedi is something we've seen many times.

And yes, I'd be up for a Yoda film if it explores a new era.

Firefly218
We've had 4 films about Kenobi and 5 about Yoda then. no expression

My point was a film about the SW underworld and how smugglers operate would be very unique whereas a film about a Jedi is something we've seen many times.

And yes, I'd be up for a Yoda film if it explores a new era.
That type of film can easily be done with new characters. And the movie wouldn't need a character like Han Solo to sell itself as Star Wars is a big enough name.

ares834
Originally posted by Firefly218
I kind of don't want to see another actor assume Harrison Ford's iconic Han Solo role though. Sure make a Star Wars movie about the crime rife underbelly or whatever, just do so with new characters. Or even harken back to kotor and do a crime film around Carth Onassi. There are so many other options is all

I can definitely understand not wanting to see a recast Han Solo. It's my biggest worry.

BruceSkywalker
chris pratt for young Han

Firefly218
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
chris pratt for young Han
**** Chris Pratt. And I say that being a huge fan of his.

-Pr-
Chris Pratt could play Han, Chewbacca AND Leia, and it would be amazing.

That said, I don't know why they'd make a Han Solo film where Han Solo most definitely doesn't resemble Harrison Ford.

Darth Thor
They might take a page out of Terminator. Where they decided Kyle Reese doesn't need to look or act like the original.

roughrider

Hey, DC fanboys should be used to this. They run around and excitedly start threads about movie projects that end up not happening all the time. stick out tongue Only a tiny percentage of the films |DC & Warners 'announce' ever get to the big screen.

Zack M
Originally posted by roughrider
Hey, DC fanboys should be used to this. They run around and excitedly start threads about movie projects that end up not happening all the time. stick out tongue Only a tiny percentage of the films |DC & Warners 'announce' ever get to the big screen.

They're still writing the story. Unless WB scraps it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/barry-allen-flash-movie/

Firefly218
Chris Pratt could play Han, Chewbacca AND Leia, and it would be amazing.

That said, I don't know why they'd make a Han Solo film where Han Solo most definitely doesn't resemble Harrison Ford.
As funny as Chris Pratt is, he's just not the right guy.

Kazenji
He'd be better for the Indiana Jones replacement when it happen's.

Darth Thor
I thought they're looking for a young Han Solo. As in Pre-OT. If that's the case Chris Pratt would be too old anyway.

Although it would be nice if they got the same actor to play Indiana Jones and Han Solo again.

roughrider
Chris Pratt is already playing a Han Solo type in Peter Quill.

If this is prequel fare, then they need someone to play Han in his mid 20's, not 30's.

roughrider
Well, Seth Grahame Smith is the latest director to exit this film, following Phil Lord & Chris Miller.

http://comicbook.com/2016/04/29/director-seth-grahame-smith-exits-the-flash-movie/

On the upside, everything this guy has done for the big screen has sucked anyway. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
he prolly wanted to add in zombies and vampires lmao

Kazenji
He did write the Lego Batman movie, That one looks good.

roughrider
Is there currently a director? Didn't the next one they hire walk as well?

juggernaut74
DC movies are loosing directors a lot it seems.

-Pr-
For me it sounds like they keep bringing in directors that come in, have great ideas, and then are told by the studio that they want a movie made with massive oversight, essentially making movies by committee, and these directors are going "nope, no thanks" and walking.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.