Will Luke degrade in The Force Awakens?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Seeing as we haven't seen much of Luke since ROTJ in canon, and he probably hasn't practiced with a Lightsaber, how likely is it that he pulled a Darth Bane and became weak and a shadow of himself? If that's the case then don't you see certain similarities between him and Vader in ANH? Do you think he'll end up fighting Kylo Ren?

chilled monkey
Not really. By ANH Vader was far more skilled than he had been in the Prequels. No silly spinning or twirling around, just good solid swordsmanship.

Why do you assume Luke hasn't practised? Lightsabre skills would be incredibly useful in the ongoing war with the Empire and he would have had plenty of practise against Imperial forces. Plus, you know, practising with a lightsabre helps strengthen one's ability to use the Force in any case. Same as how some people today still train with swords and other ancient weapons because its a great way to improve discipline, concentration and such, even if they'll never actually use them in battle.

Yes I do expect Luke to fight whatshisface.

Darth Abonis
He will degrade from a state that was better than his ROTJ self.

Fated Xtasy
Well unless you're totally ignorant about the fact that there are going to be several novels out tying the events of RotJ all way up to The Force Awakens then yes, the most powerful person in the entire SW mythos(barring the ones) will be downgraded.

no expression

NTJack0
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RRnhhqW.gif

Tzeentch
I don't think he'll be weaker than his RotJ self, but he'll almost certainly be weaker than he was at that point in the EU. The movies will never be able to showcase the force on the scale that the books do, for better or worse.

Zenwolf
Why would he be weaker...isn't part of the new movie, Luke having gone into solitude because he was becoming too powerful or some such?...I don't see why Luke would become weaker.

Tzeentch
~20 years after RotJ, Luke was doing goofy shit like making planet turn invisible and deflecting AT-AT fire. I highly doubt that we'll see the force be used on that scale.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Tzeentch
~20 years after RotJ, Luke was doing goofy shit like making planet turn invisible and deflecting AT-AT fire. I highly doubt that we'll see the force be used on that scale.

Who says we have to?

RexCloneWarsMVS
He'd be around 70-80 years old so he degraded a lot

Revanchiste
Originally posted by carthage
Seeing as we haven't seen much of Luke since ROTJ in canon, and he probably hasn't practiced with a Lightsaber, how likely is it that he pulled a Darth Bane and became weak and a shadow of himself? If that's the case then don't you see certain similarities between him and Vader in ANH? Do you think he'll end up fighting Kylo Ren?

I've heard than Luke will live his last adventure here.. And he haven't found his acdemmy...

Zenwolf
Originally posted by RexCloneWarsMVS
He'd be around 70-80 years old so he degraded a lot

Says where?

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Who says we have to? Is english your first language?

Zenwolf
Is english your first language?

Yeah...I don't know what that has to do with my question though. Who says we have to see him doing those things you mentioned, to say that he's grown powerful?

Revanchiste

Revanchiste

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yeah...I don't know what that has to do with my question though. Who says we have to see him doing those things you mentioned, to say that he's grown powerful? It's related to your question because your question is erroneous. "who says Luke has to be as strong in the movies as he was in the EU?" Uh, nobody?

Zenwolf
It's related to your question because your question is erroneous. "who says Luke has to be as strong in the movies as he was in the EU?" Uh, nobody?

Hmm...I guess I took your comment the wrong way then, apologies.

Tzeentch
It's too late for apologies. We draw pistols at noon.

Zenwolf
http://www.choicepaintballgunsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/tumblr_l9n7vkw3lJ1qzkrfxo1_500.jpg

Revanchiste
And then you missed and the dog came to troll your face !!!

P.S. :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JwM0B7kE6J4#t=0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.