Gladiator vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
No weakness exploiting for Surfer

Who wins

Naija boy
Surfer for the dominant win. Superior offensive output, durability, defensive capabilities and attacking range. Never needed weakness exploitation to beat gladiator (or superman for that matter).

Prof. T.C McAbe
50-50%

Star428
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfer for the dominant win. Superior offensive output, durability, defensive capabilities and attacking range. Never needed weakness exploitation to beat gladiator (or superman for that matter).

He's not beating Superman without weakness exploitation. Superman has beaten Darkseid on multiple occasions while Surfer always gets his butt kicked by Thanos who is equal or at least near equal to Darkseid.

Even with weakness exploitation, it's no guarantee that Surfer would beat Superman. Gladiator is not Superman though. He's like a poor man's Superman. Surfer wins here, imo.

riv6672
No comment on Superman, i'm sure there'll be plenty; SS beats Gladiator in this battle.

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfer for the dominant win. Superior offensive output, durability, defensive capabilities and attacking range. Never needed weakness exploitation to beat gladiator (or superman for that matter). If we accept this then we must accept Surfer at least stalemating Thanos. As Gladiator can strike at least as hard as Thanos and far faster than Thanos (light speed attacks at best). Any defense Surfer can mount on Gladiator he can do so to Thanos.
So yes I believe Surfer beats Gladiator here. Fight will last a long ass time though as both will be hard to hit.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
If we accept this then we must accept Surfer at least stalemating Thanos. As Gladiator can strike at least as hard as Thanos and far faster than Thanos (light speed attacks at best). Any defense Surfer can mount on Gladiator he can do so to Thanos.
So yes I believe Surfer beats Gladiator here. Fight will last a long ass time though as both will be hard to hit. do you always troll?

Surfer never has or been able to stalemate Thanos nor can Gladiator hit a opponent as hard as Thanos.

And neither character fights at light speed.

riv6672
Originally posted by Insane Titan
do you always troll?

Surfer never has or been able to stalemate Thanos nor can Gladiator hit a opponent as hard as Thanos.

So who do you think wins this slow moving battle, personally? Or are you undecided, looking for some info to help make up your mind?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by riv6672
So who do you think wins this slow moving battle, personally? Or are you undecided, looking for some info to help make up your mind? shut up troll, you're as bad as h1.

zom1967
The Surfer already told glads he can beat him easy.He knows the radiation that can beat him easy.I have read over 4,000 comics and glads on his best day can`t get over Surfer,ok.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by zom1967
The Surfer already told glads he can beat him easy.He knows the radiation that can beat him easy.I have read over 4,000 comics and glads on his best day can`t get over Surfer,ok.

The OP has said though that Surfer cannot exploit that weakness for this match.

riv6672
shut up troll, you're as bad as h1.
Simple question on my part. No answer and open hostility on yours.
Calm down tiny dancer, comics are supposed to be fun.

Insane Titan
Simple question on my part. No answer and open hostility on yours.
Calm down tiny dancer, comics are supposed to be fun. I addressed his BS and blatant lies. It's called truth troll.

Don't get upset ego surfer.

riv6672
I dont speak for H1, or ask questions for him.

If you dont, or cant, answer a question as simple as, who do you pick in your own thread, without resorting to flaming me, you have serious man child issues tiny dancer. You're a little boy wailing away on the Internet.
Bye bye now.

Insane Titan
I dont speak for H1, or ask questions for him.

If you dont, or cant, answer a question as simple as, who do you pick in your own thread, without resorting to flaming me, you have serious man child issues tiny dancer. You're a little boy wailing away on the Internet.
Bye bye now. then why pick up on what I said to him.

Another "I'm a victim" post from you, sigh.

Is there any wonder HC washed its hands of you with your constant trolling and lack of knowledge.

Surtur

You'd agree, though, that they have the capability of doing so, right?

Dampyre
Didn't Surfer go toe-to-toe with Krosakis who was amped with Gladiator's powers? Surfer wins this. If Surfer can ko the Hulk, Morg and Durok then why not Gladiator?

IMO, the Surfer has superior offensive output, overall power, versatility and at least equal durability. He was flat-out stated to be more powerful than Gladiator in the Tyrant story arc.

Surtur
Well sure, Surfer could just blast him. It would be silly to try to physically fight Gladiator, but then why would he even try that? Plus things like Surfer being able to go intangible and other stuff like that...Gladiator meanwhile is just Superman with a Mohawk.

Time Immemorial

Is there any wonder HC washed its hands of you with your constant trolling and lack of knowledge.

laughing

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Surtur
You'd agree, though, that they have the capability of doing so, right? not fighting like that on a constant basis, no.

carver9
Surfer wins after a hard fight.

h1a8
do you always troll?

And neither character fights at light speed. Surfer operated in battle at light speed before, so had Gladiator. This is a forum fight, which is different than a comic one. In a forum Surfer has defenses to anything Thanos can throw at him. Surfer must forget his powers in order for Thanos to have a chance.

quanchi112
Surfer operated in battle at light speed before, so had Gladiator. This is a forum fight, which is different than a comic one. In a forum Surfer has defenses to anything Thanos can throw at him. Surfer must forget his powers in order for Thanos to have a chance. In some posts you say we can't ignore comics then you do just the same. Comics>>>your crazy theories.

Thanos owns the Surfer.

Insane Titan
Surfer operated in battle at light speed before, so had Gladiator. This is a forum fight, which is different than a comic one. In a forum Surfer has defenses to anything Thanos can throw at him. Surfer must forget his powers in order for Thanos to have a chance. name such instances , same with Gladiator. Don't try passing off rare few instances as the norm. Forum fights are still governed by showings from comics. surfer has no defences to taking a punch from Thanos. Lol forget his powers , Surfer can't really harm Thanos.

tkitna
I'm shocked they haven't fought already in a comic.

Surfer will win (as he would against Superman).

h1a8
name such instances , same with Gladiator. Don't try passing off rare few instances as the norm. Forum fights are still governed by showings from comics. surfer has no defences to taking a punch from Thanos. Lol forget his powers , Surfer can't really harm Thanos. against deathurge, BRB. Gladiator against Hyperion. Surfer can use speed and reflexes to avoid getting punched by Thanos. If he can't then both Superman and Gladiator stomps him as they are faster than Thanos. Surfer has shields, can phase, etc. Surfer can harm Thanos. He can hit him from behind with the board, black hole blast him, etc. That's not even considering unleashing planet destroying blasts.

Bottom line : people are using a double standard with both Surfer (and sometimes Thor). When fighting DC characters suddenly Surfer can do all these amazing things, but when he fights Thanos then he becomes dumb and loses some of his abilities. Be consistent for every fight. If Surfer can keep up with Superman and Gladiator and defend well against them then he can against Thanos as well.

Branlor Swift
Surfer would ruin Gladiator's life.

The Sorrow
Gladiator punches him to sleep.

Magic Joe
Surfer would cut him in half shifty

Terryc250
Surfer can use speed and reflexes to avoid getting punched by Thanos.

No he can't, or else he would've done so atleast once in the many times they've fought.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Gladiator punches him to sleep. laughing out loud

Insane Titan
against deathurge, BRB. Gladiator against Hyperion. Surfer can use speed and reflexes to avoid getting punched by Thanos. If he can't then both Superman and Gladiator stomps him as they are faster than Thanos. Surfer has shields, can phase, etc. Surfer can harm Thanos. He can hit him from behind with the board, black hole blast him, etc. That's not even considering unleashing planet destroying blasts.

Bottom line : people are using a double standard with both Surfer (and sometimes Thor). When fighting DC characters suddenly Surfer can do all these amazing things, but when he fights Thanos then he becomes dumb and loses some of his abilities. Be consistent for every fight. If Surfer can keep up with Superman and Gladiator and defend well against them then he can against Thanos as well. so you're proof is 4 fights in his whole history of using speed a he still got hit in them.

His shields aren't strong enough to stop Thanos, phasing does nothing to help him in battle to win. Lol board to the back of the head didn't even put down BRB. surfer has never produced a black hole like the one Thnos encountered , so again moot point.

No the thing is you use a version of Surfer, Gladiator and Superman that doesn't exist.

h1a8
so you're proof is 4 fights in his whole history of using speed a he still got hit in them.

His shields aren't strong enough to stop Thanos, phasing does nothing to help him in battle to win. Lol board to the back of the head didn't even put down BRB. surfer has never produced a black hole like the one Thnos encountered , so again moot point.

No the thing is you use a version of Surfer, Gladiator and Superman that doesn't exist. I'm just saying that they are capable of it since they done it before. Especially when fighting to the best of their ability. Surfer can block Thanos blasts with his shields. Yes Thanos can break them with punches but at least they would protect Surfer from his attacks. Surfer can simply put a black hole in his eyes or brain. Thanos was messed up against that black hole and he never touched the singularity. All black holes pull with the same infinite force AT THE SINGULARITY. Thanos will simply be dead. Surfer didn't want to kill BRB. He could have easily hit BRB with the board traveling a million c.

You must be new here cause Surfer fans make Surfer do shit against DC characters that they wouldn't have him do against Thanos. Same goes for Thor. At least I'm consistent and don't use double standards.

Insane Titan
I'm just saying that they are capable of it since they done it before. Especially when fighting to the best of their ability. Surfer can block Thanos blasts with his shields. Yes Thanos can break them with punches but at least they would protect Surfer from his attacks. Surfer can simply put a black hole in his eyes or brain. Thanos was messed up against that black hole and he never touched the singularity. All black holes pull with the same infinite force AT THE SINGULARITY. Thanos will simply be dead. Surfer didn't want to kill BRB. He could have easily hit BRB with the board traveling a million c.

You must be new here cause Surfer fans make Surfer do shit against DC characters that they wouldn't have him do against Thanos. Same goes for Thor. At least I'm consistent and don't use double standards. Not to the extent you exaggerate. More made up crap , Surfer doesn't put black holes in people. Thanos wasn't messed up at all , he survived the black hole closing on him (proven and shown on panel. Stop using real world science as it doesn't apply here, plus Surfer hasn't produced a black hole with the same scope Thanos survived. He tried to put BRB down fact, he never attacks at that speed ever.

h1a8
Not to the extent you exaggerate. More made up crap , Surfer doesn't put black holes in people. Thanos wasn't messed up at all , he survived the black hole closing on him (proven and shown on panel. Stop using real world science as it doesn't apply here, plus Surfer hasn't produced a black hole with the same scope Thanos survived. He tried to put BRB down fact, he never attacks at that speed ever.

Surfer is a blaster. That's the speed he attacks with (unless we are counting the board attack). I'm referring to the speed Surfer can manuever in battle with (evasiveness). As far as black holes, Surfer stated that he can do such things but refuses to. So it's not in his character to put black holes in people, but he could. He actually put a black hole in a being before though.
Black holes don't close and still remain black holes. A black hole closing makes no sense and has no meaning whatsoever. Black holes are singularities with event horizons. Thanos ship tried to escape and it got torn up with Thanos in it. Black holes pull with greater force the closer you are to them. The pulling force becomes infinite at the singularity. If that isn't true in Thanos case then we have to dismiss the artificial black hole as not being a real one.

Insane Titan
Surfer is a blaster. That's the speed he attacks with (unless we are counting the board attack). I'm referring to the speed Surfer can manuever in battle with (evasiveness). As far as black holes, Surfer stated that he can do such things but refuses to. So it's not in his character to put black holes in people, but he could. He actually put a black hole in a being before though.
Black holes don't close and still remain black holes. A black hole closing makes no sense and has no meaning whatsoever. Black holes are singularities with event horizons. Thanos ship tried to escape and it got torn up with Thanos in it. Black holes pull with greater force the closer you are to them. The pulling force becomes infinite at the singularity. If that isn't true in Thanos case then we have to dismiss the artificial black hole as not being a real one. yet he still gets tagged all the time disproving your theory.

So he doesn't do black holes in people fact. It was shown Thanos wasn't amongst the debris and it's clear the writer wanted shown Thanos was inside when it closed hence the dialogue and pictures. All the rest of your post is RL nonsense that doesn't apply here.

h1a8
yet he still gets tagged all the time disproving your theory.

So he doesn't do black holes in people fact. It was shown Thanos wasn't amongst the debris and it's clear the writer wanted shown Thanos was inside when it closed hence the dialogue and pictures. All the rest of your post is RL nonsense that doesn't apply here. Surfer Getting tagged with attacks far under his reflex speed is simply him not fighting at full capacity (as forum rules state). Just because someone is more powerful doesn't mean their chances of landing an attack is greater.

All black holes pull with infinite force at the singularity. This is a fact. Otherwise you have to accept that artificial comic black holes aren't the same as real ones And comic bullets aren't the same as real ones. And that would be asinine.

Surfer did put a black hole inside a being before (killing them). I think he did that twice in his career if I'm not mistaken.

Insane Titan
Surfer Getting tagged with attacks far under his reflex speed is simply him not fighting at full capacity (as forum rules state). Just because someone is more powerful doesn't mean their chances of landing an attack is greater.

All black holes pull with infinite force at the singularity. This is a fact. Otherwise you have to accept that artificial comic black holes aren't the same as real ones And comic bullets aren't the same as real ones. And that would be asinine.

Surfer did put a black hole inside a being before (killing them). I think he did that twice in his career if I'm not mistaken. full capacity is within the boundaries of how they regularly act/fight. Go re read the rules.

Youre comparing a black hole to a bullet lol, you can choose to ignore what was actually shown and stated on panel all you want, it's fact plain and simple. You ignoring it furthers the point you're a troll.

So you're not sure and just guessing, and these people where as powerful as Thanos?

h1a8
full capacity is within the boundaries of how they regularly act/fight. Go re read the rules.

Youre comparing a black hole to a bullet lol, you can choose to ignore what was actually shown and stated on panel all you want, it's fact plain and simple. You ignoring it furthers the point you're a troll.

So you're not sure and just guessing, and these people where as powerful as Thanos? They fight how they fight in comics when they are using full capacity. You act like characters choose to suddenly have their powers removed. Surfer will retain his reflexes because it's a part of his power set. He cant turn his reflexes off for the sake of the plot in a forum fight. Neither would he choose to if he could. Surfer gets hit by slower things when the plot cause for it. Surfer avoids ultra fast shit when the plot cause for it too.

h1a8
Double post sorry

Genii96
I remember when these two squared off, surfer blatantly told him he knew his radiative weakeness and could radiate it to kill him

zom1967
Originally posted by Genii96
I remember when these two squared off, surfer blatantly told him he knew his radiative weakeness and could radiate it to kill him Surfer could kill glads at any time.

Insane Titan
No weakness exploiting in this fight

JayDaDon
Still Surfer.

9jaboy
Originally posted by Genii96
I remember when these two squared off, surfer blatantly told him he knew his radiative weakeness and could radiate it to kill him

So surfer was so scared of Gladiator that he went around asking people the achillies heel of the imperial guard ha, cos he ain't got that kinda cosmic awareness.
I'd say Glads gives him a bowl of punches.

JayDaDon
And after Surfer takes that damage like a champ, glads confidence plumets, then he gets hit with star system slagging power.

carver9
Gladiator confidence doesn't drop when he is facing someone that he knows can handle punches. When people like Reed and Canonball can withstand his blows, that's when his confidence takes a drop.

AlmightyKfish
Overall here I'd say Glads can match Surfer physically (maybe not in durability because Surfer is probably the most durable high herald, but still close), but Surfer's damage output is far, far more than Gladiator can dish out. His HV and strength is not to be scoffed at, but it doesn't quite match Norrin's huge array of stuff.

Nibedicus
Surfer. 10/10. But he works for each win.

h1a8
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Overall here I'd say Glads can match Surfer physically (maybe not in durability because Surfer is probably the most durable high herald, but still close), but Surfer's damage output is far, far more than Gladiator can dish out. His HV and strength is not to be scoffed at, but it doesn't quite match Norrin's huge array of stuff. Gladiator is more durable as shown in the Tyrant debacle.
Norrin blasts aren't going to be doing much to Gladiator. Surfer needs board from behind tricks. Without that then Gladiator beats Surfer everytime.

JayDaDon
If we take Surfer getting slapped around by T&A(heh) and surviving, his durability looks a lot better.

AlmightyKfish
Gladiator is more durable as shown in the Tyrant debacle.
Norrin blasts aren't going to be doing much to Gladiator. Surfer needs board from behind tricks. Without that then Gladiator beats Surfer everytime.

Eh even in that one showing I'm pretty sure Surfer was stated to be the most powerful.

And then when you compare everything else, Surfer is definitely more durable than Glads.

And then expanding from that, compare everything they've ever done and in every comparable sense the Silver Surfer will have out performed Glads.

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Overall here I'd say Glads can match Surfer physically (maybe not in durability because Surfer is probably the most durable high herald, but still close), but Surfer's damage output is far, far more than Gladiator can dish out. His HV and strength is not to be scoffed at, but it doesn't quite match Norrin's huge array of stuff.
Surfer would get beat down if he went physical with Gladiator.

And he isn't actually more durable than him if we compare relative showings like against Thor.

But yeah, he would win here because Gladiator is a huge jobber.

JayDaDon
Surfer has done just fine physically against people in Gladiator's class it would take a prolonged physical fight to really hurt Surfer. His durability>gladiator's output from everything I've seen.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Surfer has done just fine physically against people in Gladiator's class it would take a prolonged physical fight to really hurt Surfer. His durability>gladiator's output from everything I've seen.
That's got to be a joke, right?

ShadowFyre
Surfer can just do to many things with his powerset that Glads cant punch or heatvision his way out of.

One-Punch
Someone remind me of what happened when Krosakis (who had Gladiator's power stacked with the Uni-Power) fought Surfer?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's got to be a joke, right?

Remind me of these awesome strength feats from Gladiator that will prove too taxing for Surfer's durability laughing

JayDaDon
Originally posted by One-Punch
Someone remind me of what happened when Krosakis (who had Gladiator's power stacked with the Uni-Power) fought Surfer?

I was just about to bring this up too.

carver9
Gladiator first lick on Masterson did stun him...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146296/2857769-tg5.jpg

And 3 hits after this hurt every bone in his body.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146296/2857773-tg7.jpg

Now it depends on how far you rank Surfer over Masterson. Masterson would've lost this fight imo if living lightning didn't show up. Even though I give Surfer the edge, him letting Gladiator pound on him wouldn't be smart; at all.

Nibedicus
Didn't Loki treat Masterson Thor like a noob?

Thor > BRB >Gladiator >= Masterson Thor IMO.

Also, like One-Punch said, Krosakis...

JayDaDon
Yeah, Loki straight just beat the shit out of Masterson like he was some old lady erm

carver9
Disagree on Bill being more powerful than Glad. Hell, it was recently said by Thanos himself that Gladiator is more formidable than Bill.

carver9
Gladiator is BY FAR the most dangerous of this lot...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647451/2.jpg.html

Can't get any clearer.

carver9
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Didn't Loki treat Masterson Thor like a noob?

Thor > BRB >Gladiator >= Masterson Thor IMO.

Also, like One-Punch said, Krosakis...

Did you see the Krosakis fight? Let's put it like this, Surfer didn't beat him in a fist cuff match.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator is BY FAR the most dangerous of this lot...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647451/2.jpg.html

Can't get any clearer.

Character statements aren't "feats.

Both characters have "feats" enough that we can do a side by side.

Also, title and issue number pls as the scan you posted lacks the page where BRB attacks Thanos.

Did you see the Krosakis fight? Let's put it like this, Surfer didn't beat him in a fist cuff match.

Yes, I have the Uni-power compilation book. It'sa little presumptuos of you to assume ppl didn't read the issue, don't you think?

He was going toe-to-toe with a creature amped by Gladiator's power plus the Uni Power plus whoever else he had imprisoned.

And then Surfer used his power to overload said creature who was easily snacking on Gladiator's power. Proving (by "feats"wink that Surfer had much more power than Glads had to offer.

One_Angry_Scot

Also, title and issue number pls as the scan you posted lacks the page where BRB attacks Thanos.

Yes, I have the Uni-power compilation book. It'sa little presumptuos of you to assume ppl didn't read the issue, don't you think?

He was going toe-to-toe with a creature amped by Gladiator's power plus the Uni Power plus whoever else he had imprisoned.

And then Surfer used his power to overload said creature who was easily snacking on Gladiator's power. Proving (by "feats"wink that Surfer had much more power than Glads had to offer.

It's in Thanos: Infinity Revelation I believe.

carver9

Thanos knows of both Gladiator and Bill. Both of their raw power. That was a comparison of power and Bill fell short. We don't ignore things like that just to help our argument. One Angry helped with the source and Bill got destroyed by Thanos.

Did you read the beginning of the fight between Surfer and K? If so, Surfer outright tells him that his body can't handle the power he was carrying around. Of course Surfer adding additional power would overload him. He was near that level already.

Nibedicus
Thanos knows of both Gladiator and Bill. Both of their raw power. That was a comparison of power and Bill fell short. We don't ignore things like that just to help our argument. One Angry helped with the source and Bill got destroyed by Thanos.

Did you read the beginning of the fight between Surfer and K? If so, Surfer outright tells him that his body can't handle the power he was carrying around. Of course Surfer adding additional power would overload him. He was near that level already.

What is this adherence of yours to character statements??

BRB did far more to Thaos than anyone did in this story. Thanos THOUGHT Glad was "more dangerous" only to be proven wrong when BRB bashed him out of his throne and actually got him to fall on his knees. While Glad did all of nothing the whole fight. Zero. Zilch.

http://i.imgur.com/bUQ0TFm.png

The same way Surfer THOUGHT that Krosakis may well be playing with fire absorbing BOTH the Uni-Power and Gladiator's power only to be proven wrong when Krosakis was easily handling said power and blasting him with it. Krosakis' own statements disagree with the Surfer's thoughts as well.

http://i.imgur.com/VnmI9xh.png

The same Uni-Power BTW that was allowing Sue Storm to school him around.

http://i.imgur.com/uYIE8IL.png

You have two characters who made statements only to be proven wrong on the very page or the page after they made said statements, yet you chose to adhere to those very statements. It's very telling.

The funny thing is, in BOTH fights Gladiator did nothing. Zero. Zilch. He git himself BFR'd or tractor beamed. Some "dangerous" opponent he turned out to be....

Insane Titan
As Thanos statement says about the Annihilators , he isn't including Surfer in who the most powerful etc.

carver9
Wait a minute...did you just use Bill breaking Thanos chair as evidence of him doing something to Thanos? WTF. By the way, Gladiator didn't get a chance to fight because Thanos ported him away. Thanos gave us a power comparison between the two. Two beings he is well aware of. If he thought of Bill as more of a threat, he would've ported him as well but as shown, Bill was nothing to him.

Lol...so you are using fights as an indication of power? Ok, we can do that.

The ending of Bill vs Kid Nova.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_Novav513NOW-012_zpsb3678129.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_Novav513NOW-013_zps6e5c1f82.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_Novav513NOW-014_zps304e0d02.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_Novav513NOW-015_zpseacec0f1.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_Novav513NOW-016_zps9ea13f40.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_Novav513NOW-017_zps168b2f2a.jpg

Lol...Gladiator 1 pieced a Nova Prime.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146296/2856945-nova3.jpg

Continued.

carver9
Surfer did well against K but he onky beat him due to overloading him. He did not overpower him, at all.

Nibedicus
Wait a minute...did you just use Bill breaking Thanos chair as evidence of him doing something to Thanos? WTF. By the way, Gladiator didn't get a chance to fight because Thanos ported him away. Thanos gave us a power comparison between the two. Two beings he is well aware of. If he thought of Bill as more of a threat, he would've ported him as well but as shown, Bill was nothing to him.

Lol...so you are using fights as an indication of power? Ok, we can do that.

The ending of Bill vs Kid Nova.

Lol...Gladiator 1 pieced a Nova Prime.

Continued.

BRB did more to Thanos than Glads ever did. The fact that Thanos didn't really expect to get his throne bashed in shows that he didn't really rank their strengths correctly.

You're going to have to ask yourself the question: who is more dangerous? The guy who at least managed to score an effective hit or the guy that got one panelled away?

What exactly does the BRB/Kid Nova fight prove? He sucker shotted an unaware/unagressive BRB and didn't really inflict any damage. And BRB/Thor aren't even known for their durability but for their damage soak.

Nice, using the fight with a noob Nova Prime where most of the power was still with Ego-Corrupted Wordlmind.

Lowballing is silly as it can be done both ways. Like bringing in that Glads got hurt by Wolverine or Gambit.

Character statement is garbage unless you have actual "feats" to back it up. Powerscaling is an undependable medium prone to errors and biased interpretations. You want a fair and solid comparison, bring in his best fights and use the "feats" shown there...

With that , I submit BRB vs Stardust in Godhunter.

What fight do you want to bring in?

Nibedicus
Best to reply on the Brb vs Gladiator thread before we get warned for derailing.

I bumped it for your convenience.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Remind me of these awesome strength feats from Gladiator that will prove too taxing for Surfer's durability laughing
Who said anything about too taxing? You're acting like he can't even hurt surfer with his punches.

abhilegend
And ABC comparison between characters like that is seldom accurate. For example Ronan Blasted a skrull surfer clone apart just minutes after the said skrull beat the shit out of surfer.

You don't see Ronan fans running around saying that he beats surfer, do you?

krisblaze
Ronan fans all committed group-suicide in the 80s, so you don't see any of them running around.

Nibedicus
And ABC comparison between characters like that is seldom accurate. For example Ronan Blasted a skrull surfer clone apart just minutes after the said skrull beat the shit out of surfer.

You don't see Ronan fans running around saying that he beats surfer, do you?

Ronan in those days was actually pretty badass. Bona fide threat to Surfer in those days IMO.

Makes me sad that he's now such a pale imitation of who he once was.

abhilegend
Funny thing is, surfer casually beat him two issues later. Under the same writer.

Now what?

Nibedicus
Funny thing is, surfer casually beat him two issues later. Under the same writer.

Now what?

I remember the Skrull incident. Can't remember the two issues later beating. Post it?

abhilegend
I can't. Posting from my phone. It's from SS 15 or 17.

Nibedicus
I can't. Posting from my phone. It's from SS 15 or 17.

sad oh well...

When you get time...

Branlor Swift

You don't see Ronan fans running around saying that he beats surfer, do you? Didn't Ronan still have his original hammer back then?

There's a scene I remember a little while ago when I was debating Juntai when Ronan explains his original hammer was way better.

abhilegend
He did? I can't remember actually.

JayDaDon
Who said anything about too taxing? You're acting like he can't even hurt surfer with his punches.

I never said Gladiator couldn't hurt Surfer with his punches. He would. I just said his durability is more impressive than what Gladiator has dished out.

abhilegend
Maybe, maybe not.

Branlor Swift
He did? I can't remember actually. Probably.

Anyway, Ronan specifically amped himself to cover his weaknesses and Surfer's power when he came back. Considering he just got beaten by Surfer somewhat easily, it speaks to the type of amp he gave himself.

Plus, even his fake hammer is above Gladiator power as we were witness to head smooshing goodness. Guy's a beast. He's just heavily reliant on his hammer and armor.

Ronan would benefit a lot from invisibility. Out of nowhere cheapshots.

psycho gundam

That last sentence...
Surfing the spaceways can be lonely at times

Juntai
Originally posted by psycho gundam
That last sentence...
Surfing the spaceways can be lonely at times Do you think he thinks of Galactus or Shalla?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Probably.

Anyway, Ronan specifically amped himself to cover his weaknesses and Surfer's power when he came back. Considering he just got beaten by Surfer somewhat easily, it speaks to the type of amp he gave himself.

Plus, even his fake hammer is above Gladiator power as we were witness to head smooshing goodness. Guy's a beast. He's just heavily reliant on his hammer and armor.

Ronan would benefit a lot from invisibility. Out of nowhere cheapshots.
Even after an amp, Surfer beat him down just after that issue though.

zom1967
What is this adherence of yours to character statements??

BRB did far more to Thaos than anyone did in this story. Thanos THOUGHT Glad was "more dangerous" only to be proven wrong when BRB bashed him out of his throne and actually got him to fall on his knees. While Glad did all of nothing the whole fight. Zero. Zilch.

http://i.imgur.com/bUQ0TFm.png

The same way Surfer THOUGHT that Krosakis may well be playing with fire absorbing BOTH the Uni-Power and Gladiator's power only to be proven wrong when Krosakis was easily handling said power and blasting him with it. Krosakis' own statements disagree with the Surfer's thoughts as well.

The same Uni-Power BTW that was allowing Sue Storm to school him around.

http://i.imgur.com/uYIE8IL.png

You have two characters who made statements only to be proven wrong on the very page or the page after they made said statements, yet you chose to adhere to those very statements. It's very telling.

The funny thing is, in BOTH fights Gladiator did nothing. Zero. Zilch. He git himself BFR'd or tractor beamed. Some "dangerous" opponent he turned out to be....

zom1967
Beta Ray Bill got his ass handed to him by Thanos easy!

h1a8
name such instances , same with Gladiator. Don't try passing off rare few instances as the norm. Forum fights are still governed by showings from comics. surfer has no defences to taking a punch from Thanos. Lol forget his powers , Surfer can't really harm Thanos. against deathurge, BRB. Gladiator against Hyperion. Surfer can use speed and reflexes to avoid getting punched by Thanos. If he can't then both Superman and Gladiator stomps him as they are faster than Thanos. Surfer has shields, can phase, etc. Surfer can harm Thanos. He can hit him from behind with the board, black hole blast him, etc. That's not even considering unleashing planet destroying blasts.

Bottom line : people are using a double standard with both Surfer (and sometimes Thor). When fighting DC characters suddenly Surfer can do all these amazing things, but when he fights Thanos then suddenly he becomes dumb and also loses some of his abilities. Be consistent for every fight. If Surfer can keep up with Superman and Gladiator and defend well against them then he can against Thanos as well.

Insane Titan
against deathurge, BRB. Gladiator against Hyperion. Surfer can use speed and reflexes to avoid getting punched by Thanos. If he can't then both Superman and Gladiator stomps him as they are faster than Thanos. Surfer has shields, can phase, etc. Surfer can harm Thanos. He can hit him from behind with the board, black hole blast him, etc. That's not even considering unleashing planet destroying blasts.

Bottom line : people are using a double standard with both Surfer (and sometimes Thor). When fighting DC characters suddenly Surfer can do all these amazing things, but when he fights Thanos then suddenly he becomes dumb and also loses some of his abilities. Be consistent for every fight. If Surfer can keep up with Superman and Gladiator and defend well against them then he can against Thanos as well. so a few instances laughing out loud

Surfer can't harm Thanos as shown on panel. Board to back couldn't even put down BRB. Surfer hadn't black hole blasted anyone with the size of the black hole Thanos tanked. Seeing as Thanos tanks planet destroying blasts Surfer is screwed.

You need to deal in facts and face them , Thanos stomps Surfer.

h1a8
so a few instances laughing out loud

Surfer can't harm Thanos as shown on panel. Board to back couldn't even put down BRB. Surfer hadn't black hole blasted anyone with the size of the black hole Thanos tanked. Seeing as Thanos tanks planet destroying blasts Surfer is screwed.

You need to deal in facts and face them , Thanos stomps Surfer.
1. Board from behind hurt BRB badly. Also Surfer wasn't trying to kill him.
2. Black holes have no size. They are singularities and have infinite pulling force on the singularity.
3. Thanos never tanked a planet destroying blasts. Surviving planet destruction is miniscule to surviving a blast that can shatter a planet to many pieces.

Insane Titan
1. Board from behind hurt BRB badly. Also Surfer wasn't trying to kill him.
2. Black holes have no size. They are singularities and have infinite pulling force on the singularity.
3. Thanos never tanked a planet destroying blasts. Surviving planet destruction is miniscule to surviving a blast that can shatter a planet to many pieces. it never hurt him badly , stop lying and you have NO PROOF it would kill Thanos.

This is comics not real world , get to grips with it.

Surfer blasted Thanos with everything he had, no effect. Thanos laughs at surfers best

h1a8
it never hurt him badly , stop lying and you have NO PROOF it would kill Thanos.

This is comics not real world , get to grips with it.

Surfer blasted Thanos with everything he had, no effect. Thanos laughs at surfers best

I guess you have a different of opinion of being hurt badly. It hurt him good enough for Surfer to oneshot him with a punch, unless you think Surfer can go around oneshotting high heralds with a single punch. Thanos couldn't even do that.

If we don't treat black holes in comics like real black holes then what is the feat actually then? Are we not suppose to assume comic bullets act as real bullets? So bullet feats in comics don't count since real bullets>>>>>>comic bullets?

1. That was a much weaker Surfer than annihilation one.
2. Characters power levels fluctuate from comic to comic. Odin and Seth (after many blasts) is shown damaging a galaxy but in other instances Odin's blasts aren't shown to be even 1 billionth of that power level. In other words, Surfer wasn't even hitting Thanos with city leveling power.

Insane Titan
I guess you have a different of opinion of being hurt badly. It hurt him good enough for Surfer to oneshot him with a punch, unless you think Surfer can go around oneshotting high heralds with a single punch. Thanos couldn't even do that.

If we don't treat black holes in comics like real black holes then what is the feat actually then? Are we not suppose to assume comic bullets act as real bullets? So bullet feats in comics don't count since real bullets>>>>>>comic bullets?

1. That was a much weaker Surfer than annihilation one.
2. Characters power levels fluctuate from comic to comic. Odin and Seth (after many blasts) is shown damaging a galaxy but in other instances Odin's blasts aren't shown to be even 1 billionth of that power level. In other words, Surfer wasn't even hitting Thanos with city leveling power.

Bill was still able to fight him, stop lying.

We know writers have a general idea of how bullets effect work and speed the travel, how a artificial black hole works is guess work.

1. No it wasn't Surfer received no upgrade in Annihilation and what Galactus said/did has never been referred to since. Plus Surfer give Thanos a full power blast in infinity revelations which Thanos laughed off.
2. So you're saying Surfer lied! Let's see you prove that bullshit or will it be ANOTHER excuse?

h1a8
Bill was still able to fight him, stop lying.

We know writers have a general idea of how bullets effect work and speed the travel, how a artificial black hole works is guess work.

1. No it wasn't Surfer received no upgrade in Annihilation and what Galactus said/did has never been referred to since. Plus Surfer give Thanos a full power blast in infinity revelations which Thanos laughed off.
2. So you're saying Surfer lied! Let's see you prove that bullshit or will it be ANOTHER excuse?

Bill was out of the fight after than one hit. That's more than Thanos did in one hit.

Surfer went from simple blasts to destroying planets? That's an upgrade to me. Even if it isn't, then Surfer still didn't blast Thanos with a minute amount of what he did in annihilation.

Well I know how real black holes work (basic knowledge of them) and Thanos isn't surviving one if he touches the singularity.

Insane Titan
Bill was out of the fight after than one hit. That's more than Thanos did in one hit.

Surfer went from simple blasts to destroying planets? That's an upgrade to me. Even if it isn't, then Surfer still didn't blast Thanos with a minute amount of what he did in annihilation.

Well I know how real black holes work (basic knowledge of them) and Thanos isn't surviving one if he touches the singularity. you do understand Thanos was toying with Bill?

Surfers own words prove you wrong , which you can't disprove.

He touched the singularity as shown on panel, I guess you will just troll your way through this again.

h1a8
you do understand Thanos was toying with Bill?

Surfers own words prove you wrong , which you can't disprove.

He touched the singularity as shown on panel, I guess you will just troll your way through this again.

So you are saying Thanos wasn't hitting Bill very hard but with a portion of his power?

So you are saying that Surfer's blasts in that scene was planet destroying?

Why tell a lie to someone who read the scene? The panel didn't show Thanos touching the singularity. Also, the artificial black hole didn't have the same properties of a real one. It disappeared or evaporated. Debris was left over, even parts of Thanos ship. Even if Thanos touched the singularity, he was still damaged. Surfer's black hole would be permanent.

Insane Titan
So you are saying Thanos wasn't hitting Bill very hard but with a portion of his power?

So you are saying that Surfer's blasts in that scene was planet destroying?

Why tell a lie to someone who read the scene? The panel didn't show Thanos touching the singularity. Also, the artificial black hole didn't have the same properties of a real one. It disappeared or evaporated. Debris was left over, even parts of Thanos ship. Even if Thanos touched the singularity, he was still damaged. Surfer's black hole would be permanent. Thanos was toying with Bill, can't you read. Thanos killed Surfer with less hits before.

I'm saying what Surfer said , he hit him with a full power blast, you have to disprove it .

Another comic you need to read , it was shown the black hole closed on Thanos. Warlock even retold the event showing the black hole consumed Thanos. You need to understand comic black holes don't work like real ones.

Branlor Swift
Surfer vs Gladiator depends entirely on Surfer's ability to defeat Thanos.

wanglord
Surfer easily

h1a8
Surfer vs Gladiator depends entirely on Surfer's ability to defeat Thanos. If Surfer can react to Gladiator then he can react to Thanos. Defeating is another story that can be argued in another thread.

Thanos was toying with Bill, can't you read. Thanos killed Surfer with less hits before.

I'm saying what Surfer said , he hit him with a full power blast, you have to disprove it .

Another comic you need to read , it was shown the black hole closed on Thanos. Warlock even retold the event showing the black hole consumed Thanos. You need to understand comic black holes don't work like real ones. Thanos entered the event horizon. After that we don't know. Doesn't matter as Thanos was damaged. Surfer can either destroy or damage Thanos with such an attack.

I'm saying that Surfer's blast wasn't close to being planetary.

Insane Titan
If Surfer can react to Gladiator then he can react to Thanos. Defeating is another story that can be argued in another thread.

Thanos entered the event horizon. After that we don't know. Doesn't matter as Thanos was damaged. Surfer can either destroy or damage Thanos with such an attack.

I'm saying that Surfer's blast wasn't close to being planetary. we do know as its shown and explained in the comic the black hole closed on him, stop trolling. It did no real damage to him anyway.

You have to prove that as Surfers words say otherwise

Time Immemorial
This black hole theory is really deep.

Branlor Swift
Funny because me and assfur are discussing black holes in comics in another thread.

Thanos fans vs People who use real world physics.

Except assfur is actually smart, and actually shows more than barely any knowledge on the subject

Time Immemorial
Funny because me and assfur are discussing black holes in comics in another thread.

Thanos fans vs People who use real world physics.

Except assfur is actually smart, and actually shows more than barely any knowledge on the subject

Which thread?

Branlor Swift
Just go to homepage. You should be able to find it from there

I just find the coincidence cute myself.

Insane Titan
Who's assfur?

zom1967
I didn`t read the whole thread,but Surfer claims he can make the radiation Glads can`t stand.So he has no chance here!

Insane Titan
I didn`t read the whole thread,but Surfer claims he can make the radiation Glads can`t stand.So he has no chance here! no weakness exploitation

zom1967
Surfer is so powerful,he is one of very few that can beat glads,with just his power!

Insane Titan
Surfer is so powerful,he is one of very few that can beat glads,with just his power! how many Surfer comics are in your collection.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.