Black Adam Vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Pre-Flashpoint style. stick out tongue

Supermex
Good fight

I'll wait on my pick.

h1a8
WW with moderate ease.

Insane Titan
Could go either way

Star428
Pre-flashpoint BA kills her. WW was good back then but not anywhere near Superman-level while BA was.

BA for a solid majority.

DarkSaint85
WW could take it; pre Flashpoint, she was a lot more liable to use her lasso. What if she asked BA to say the Wizard's name?

quanchi112
Teth wins. This guy would also pwn Superman. He does not hold back.

abhilegend
Adam

carver9
Black Adam wins.

riv6672
I agree with IT that it could go either way, and DS is right in that WW could take it.
But the majority is right. BA will win.

h1a8
WW with ease. There is no defense against the lasso and her skill.

"Id"
Black Adam for the stomp, and rape.

h1a8
Weak argument
Character A is stronger thus character A wins.

Strong argument
Character B is faster in combat and significantly more skilled.
Character B to Character A hit ratio would be at least 5 to 1.
Character A isn't more than 5 times stronger.
Character B can win at any time employing the lasso (which offsets any physical advantage).

In conclusion, WW can win by lasso alone. Outside of that, he speed and skill will get her far more hits on BA than BA gets on her. BA isn't that much stronger than her to offset this.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Teth wins. This guy would also pwn Superman. He does not hold back.

Strangely he didn't seem to own Superman when they fought.

Originally posted by h1a8
In conclusion, WW can win by lasso alone. Outside of that, he speed and skill will get her far more hits on BA than BA gets on her. BA isn't that much stronger than her to offset this.

You got it half right. In that the lasso is, alone, the only thing that would allow her to achieve victory here.

leonidas
she is as strong as he is, (or the difference is completely negligible) he has a small speed advantage (maybe), he's vicious, she's a trained warrior, has the lasso and her tiara if needed. seems like a pretty dead heat to me.... he may have the durability edge so i may go with him 5.5/10, but these would be brutal battles every time.

Kryptoniano
Tough one. I don't see WW as capable to do what BA did in WW3. That's why I think he takes the majority.

Star428
Originally posted by leonidas
she is as strong as he is, (or the difference is completely negligible) he has a small speed advantage (maybe), he's vicious, she's a trained warrior, has the lasso and her tiara if needed. seems like a pretty dead heat to me.... he may have the durability edge so i may go with him 5.5/10, but these would be brutal battles every time.

LOL. I don't know about currently but pre-Flashpoint she was nowhere near him in any stat category. Especially not strength. I love the character of WW much more than I do BA but Adam is superior to her pre-flashpoint.

And LOL@quan for thinking that BA PWNS Superman himself. They're pretty evenly matched.

leonidas
lol is right. ask hercules (the dc version) who was stronger, him or wonder woman.... cap marvel has herc's strength and ba is the equal of marvel, exactly. ask hermes who is faster, him or diana--he'd tell you it's pretty damn close.... guess whose speed billy has....?

as i said, adam may have a durability edge, but if you think she's not close to him, or billy, wellllll....your proclamations of knowledge aside--you don't know jack about ww bunky. wink

ps--if you're gonna try telling me adam>billy, hold your breath and save the electrons cuz it's not something i'll entertain in the slightest, nor acknowledge at all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
Strangely he didn't seem to own Superman when they fought.

You got it half right. In that the lasso is, alone, the only thing that would allow her to achieve victory here. He held back and showed Superman restraint. Magical weakness and the not holding back thing two huge advantages.

Branlor Swift
lol is right. ask hercules (the dc version) who was stronger, him or wonder woman.... cap marvel has herc's strength and ba is the equal of marvel, exactly. ask hermes who is faster, him or diana--he'd tell you it's pretty damn close.... guess whose speed billy has....?

as i said, adam may have a durability edge, but if you think she's not close to him, or billy, wellllll....your proclamations of knowledge aside--you don't know jack about ww bunky. wink

ps--if you're gonna try telling me adam>billy, hold your breath and save the electrons cuz it's not something i'll entertain in the slightest, nor acknowledge at all. Ask Billy who he thinks is a harder battle between soloing the entire Justice League sans Superman with a broken arm or making a perfectly toasted toast. He'd probably say the toast because WW, MM, and Flash are beyond useless.

Sin I AM
He didn't do anything in ww3

riv6672
Weak argument
Character A is stronger thus character A wins.

WW can win by lasso alone.

WW with ease. There is no defense against the lasso...

...you see what you did there? huh

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Ask Billy who he thinks is a harder battle between soloing the entire Justice League sans Superman with a broken arm or making a perfectly toasted toast. He'd probably say the toast because WW, MM, and Flash are beyond useless.

well, there is all that i guess. and it isn't ww and flash's fault: jonnz' jobber aura can take down not only himself, but anyone fighting with him. no expression

only slightly more seriously--i do think ww3 adam gets too much credit. in this case ww would be bloodlusted too. i think this would be a crazy brutal fight.

h1a8
she is as strong as he is, (or the difference is completely negligible) he has a small speed advantage (maybe), he's vicious, she's a trained warrior, has the lasso and her tiara if needed. seems like a pretty dead heat to me.... he may have the durability edge so i may go with him 5.5/10, but these would be brutal battles every time. You are under valuing the lasso. It's a win every time she wants to use it. The lasso alone gives WW 10/10. Without that she is faster (in combat) and vastly more skilled. She can hit him more than 4 times than he can hit her. If you agree that
BA isn't isn't much stronger or faster then you must accept that a 4:1 hit ratio makes her win anyway.

riv6672
I have to disagree on the lasdo, and i'm a WW fan.

Jmanghan
Black Adam is at least equal to Shazam strength, who himself is near-supes level.

You guys are high if you think Wonder Woman wins this.

riv6672
Thats why the OP is so important here. Big difference for WW pre and post New52.

Star428
The problem with "the lasso is an auto-win" claim is that BA is way too fast and smart to ever let WW get it around him.

riv6672
Very few powers/gimmicks are auto wins.

carver9
Wonder Woman can get the lasso around Black Adam.

Star428
BS. Only way that would be true is if BA let her and I don't see that happening.

carver9
Wonder Woman is faster. This is obvious. Not saying she would win but she CAN get the lasso around him.

h1a8
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Black Adam is at least equal to Shazam strength, who himself is near-supes level.

You guys are high if you think Wonder Woman wins this.

Strength is meaningless in this fight. She can lasso him every time for an auto win. Without the lasso she still wins. Due to being vastly more skilled and faster in combat she will hit him more than 4 times than he hits her. He's not more than 4 times more powerful than her.

Originally posted by Star428
The problem with "the lasso is an auto-win" claim is that BA is way too fast and smart to ever let WW get it around him.
Originally posted by riv6672
I have to disagree on the lasdo, and i'm a WW fan. There is nothing BA can do if he stuns him with a hit and follows up with a lasso tie.

riv6672
Not going to argue circles when you're not even going to consider other outcomes.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Wonder Woman is faster. This is obvious. Not saying she would win but she CAN get the lasso around him.
She isn't faster by any means.

riv6672
Missed that.
Not sure about now but, wouldnt she have been even with to slightly below the Marvels/Adam?

Star428
No, she was clearly below them by a good margin. I'm not bashing Diana as she's one of my favorite characters but BA/CM had Superman-level speed. WW did not.

Bentley
BA is a weakling that gets pwned by nerds even when amped.

He gets humilliated thumb up

Star428
laughing out loud

Good one, Bentley.

riv6672
No, she was clearly below them by a good margin. I'm not bashing Diana as she's one of my favorite characters but BA/CM had Superman-level speed. WW did not.
She had fast hands with those bracelets, though!

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend

i agree she isn't faster--damn close though? i'd def say that. you wouldn't?

DarkSaint85
Plus, if we are to believe statements...she has the speed of Hermes/Mercury. Which Billy has, and Teth supposedly is equal to (am sure someone will post scans showing one being superior to the other...)

Star428
She had fast hands with those bracelets, though!

True, but that's nothing that Superman, BA, or CM couldn't easily replicate if they needed to and they had her indestructible bracelets. Thing is, they rarely care about blocking attacks because they are a Hell of a lot more durable than she is. They can tank all kinds of stuff all day while, apparently, even bullets are a threat to WW.

@Darksaint: That means little. Feats are what matters.

riv6672
Feats matter of course, but so do stats. Obvious, old debate there.
If a character has a power, he or she has it.

carver9

Yes she is. Comparison of avoided attacks proves this.

DarkSaint85
True, but that's nothing that Superman, BA, or CM couldn't easily replicate if they needed to and they had her indestructible bracelets. Thing is, they rarely care about blocking attacks because they are a Hell of a lot more durable than she is. They can tank all kinds of stuff all day while, apparently, even bullets are a threat to WW.

@Darksaint: That means little. Feats are what matters.

Agreed. When WW fights one of the top tier bricks (Billy/Teth/Superman) she loses some, wins some, but it isn't as if she is outclassed in speed, like say, how Wally hitting top speed outclasses the others. She's not faster, but the gap is pretty close.

Star428
Feats matter of course, but so do stats. Obvious, old debate there.
If a character has a power, he or she has it.

Of course. Pre-flashpoint WW had power but she didn't have Superman-level power. Both BA and CM do. Or at least they did pre-flashpoint. Where are you getting these "stats" from to make you think she was on their level? A DC handbook or encyclopedia? I didn't think that those were allowed in these discussions. Nevertheless, I would like to see these stats from them if that is where you're getting them from.

riv6672
I didnt say what i did in regards to WW, Star, just to the only feats matter statement in general.
I totally think BA takes this match.

leonidas
she raced hermes to a draw iirc, or she may have actually won. she also battled marvel to a standstill as well in a brief encounter. she HAS beaten hercules in a direct battle. all of these things indicate she is very close to marvel/adam's overall level. with her weapons, i don't see how anyone can logically look at this as anything but very very close. the ONLY time a difference can be seen is when their battles against superman are directly compared--and fights against superman are notoriously difficult to gauge for a number of reasons.

Star428
I didnt say what i did in regards to WW, Star, just to the only feats matter statement in general.
I totally think BA takes this match.

Cool. My bad then. I misunderstood you.

abhilegend
i agree she isn't faster--damn close though? i'd def say that. you wouldn't?
Nope. Adam has casually blitzed her equal Power Girl. Originally posted by carver9
By that token Spidey is faster than him too. She has some cool blocking feats, but that's not the sole criteria of being fast. As it is, she is only equal to a second rate kryptonian who gets blitzed by Adam quite regularly.

abhilegend
she raced hermes to a draw iirc, or she may have actually won. she also battled marvel to a standstill as well in a brief encounter. she HAS beaten hercules in a direct battle. all of these things indicate she is very close to marvel/adam's overall level. with her weapons, i don't see how anyone can logically look at this as anything but very very close. the ONLY time a difference can be seen is when their battles against superman are directly compared--and fights against superman are notoriously difficult to gauge for a number of reasons.
At the time she beat Hermes, her speed was officially Mach 3.Cap was cruising at near light speed just around that time.

And she has never proved to be equal of Hercules either until post infinite crisis when Trials of Shazam retconned Marvels' power source. In fact Herc looked stronger than her when they fought in WW 14 and against Doomsday clone in WW 111.

Also Cap was weaker than usual in WOG due to his spell weakening by Roman gods controlling him. He still looked stronger than her and Diana commented that he might kill her.

In underworld unleashed, he flat out owned her with a broken arm.

In virtue and vice, he koed her with a lightning bolt. He was more powerful than normal though.

Also look at his fights with Superman. Diana would get killed if she tried to go punch to punch with Superman for a whole comic like when Cap did against Eclipsed Superman.

Surtur

Being a trained warrior isn't much of a feat though. What fighting skill feats does she have?

Surtur

What attacks did she avoid to show she is quicker?

carver9
Nope. Adam has casually blitzed her equal Power Girl.
By that token Spidey is faster than him too. She has some cool blocking feats, but that's not the sole criteria of being fast. As it is, she is only equal to a second rate kryptonian who gets blitzed by Adam quite regularly.

I think you misunderstood my post. They have been attacked in similar ways and Diana has handled said attack via speed far better than Adam. The comparison can't get any better than this.

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
What attacks did she avoid to show she is quicker?

Let's see what ABHI says. Then I will post scans.

abhilegend
I think you misunderstood my post. They have been attacked in similar ways and Diana has handled said attack via speed far better than Adam. The comparison can't get any better than this.
I'm curious to see what those attacks are.

And Adam doesn't has to block attacks. He can just tank whatever is thrown at him, that's why he doesn't goes around arms waving around.

riv6672
Cool. My bad then. I misunderstood you.
Nah, mine. I type fast and think slow. Or the other way around...stick out tongue

carver9
I'm curious to see what those attacks are.

And Adam doesn't has to block attacks. He can just tank whatever is thrown at him, that's why he doesn't goes around arms waving around.

We know how much you dislike this and it isn't the only time it happened either. Here is one...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/3432774-wonder+woman+blocks+heat+vision+1.jpg

Also, lol, Adam is a power house but heat vision seems to bypass his durability. He needs all the blocking he can get when it comes to that attack. This is an example...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139093/2954954-black+adam+vs+martian+manhunter.jpg

MM melted half of his face off. Then there's the showing with Powergirl, Superman heat vision, etc, etc...

Wonder Woman is faster and again, how both handles similar attacks proves this.

abhilegend
We know how much you dislike this and it isn't the only time it happened either. Here is one...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/3432774-wonder+woman+blocks+heat+vision+1.jpg

Also, lol, Adam is a power house but heat vision seems to bypass his durability. He needs all the blocking he can get when it comes to that attack. This is an example...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139093/2954954-black+adam+vs+martian+manhunter.jpg

MM melted half of his face off. Then there's the showing with Powergirl, Superman heat vision, etc, etc...

Wonder Woman is faster and again, how both handles similar attacks proves this.
Blocking heat vision is good but how does it mean anything when Adam has never tried to even block it?

A white Martian has oneshotted Wonder Woman with Martian vision. Malefic almost koed her with one blast even after she blocked it. The last thing you want to bring is using Martian vision here.

You just posted some totally meaningless scans. Want to see some real comparisons?

Star428
LOL. Carver is still showing that scan of WW blocking Clark's HV as if it proves anything. Yet, he still continues to omit the fact that Superman was testing her there and not going all-out against her. LOL. Carver will never change. He'll continue to conveniently leave out context in his scans when it suits his purpose. So sad Carver.

No, WW is nowhere near as fast as Clark is dude. This has been argued for dozens of pages before and you never showed one iota of proof of your ridiculous claim. You just keep blowing hot air.

carver9
LOL. Carver is still showing that scan of WW blocking Clark's HV as if it proves anything. Yet, he still continues to omit the fact that Superman was testing her there and not going all-out against her. LOL. Carver will never change. He'll continue to conveniently leave out context in his scans when it suits his purpose. So sad Carver.

No, WW is nowhere near as fast as Clark is dude. This has been argued for dozens of pages before and you never showed one iota of proof of your ridiculous claim. You just keep blowing hot air.

Is this better? Here she is blocking heat vision from Amazo who had all of the powers of the JLA.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/3432775-wonder+woman+blocks+heat+vision+2.jpg

What other excuses do you have?

carver9
Blocking heat vision is good but how does it mean anything when Adam has never tried to even block it?

A white Martian has oneshotted Wonder Woman with Martian vision. Malefic almost koed her with one blast even after she blocked it. The last thing you want to bring is using Martian vision here.

You just posted some totally meaningless scans. Want to see some real comparisons?

Heat vision has hurt him and he knows it hurts. Why not avoid this attack? This is a comparison of both. Are you implying that Wonder Woman can not block Martian vision?

abhilegend
That he had his speed stolen by Wally or otherwise he would've killed everyone in less than a second?

carver9
That he had his speed stolen by Wally or otherwise he would've killed everyone in less than a second?

He still had Diana and Superman speed as stated when Diana had him in the mount and he avoided her punch with super speed.

abhilegend
Heat vision has hurt him and he knows it hurts. Why not avoid this attack? This is a comparison of both. Are you implying that Wonder Woman can not block Martian vision?
Because he is a proud warrior. Heck, his most famous line is "Black Adam does not scatter" against Ominarr Synn.

It makes me wonder, have you actually read any comics or just read scans online?

carver9
Proof of what I said...

"Hera he's faster than Clark".

https://m.vk.com/topic-67993718_30792572?offset=40&z=photo-67993718_338569520%2Fpost-67993718_6703

abhilegend
He still had Diana and Superman speed as stated when Diana had him in the mount and he avoided her punch with super speed.
Wonder woman didn't knew about his speed being stolen. But are you saying Wonder Woman>Wonder Woman+Superman in speed?

****ing Black Lightning out reacted her against his Lightning attack in the same comic.

carver9
Because he is a proud warrior. Heck, his most famous line is "Black Adam does not scatter" against Ominarr Synn.

It makes me wonder, have you actually read any comics or just read scans online?

laughing out loud

Sounds like excuses to me.

carver9
Wonder woman didn't knew about his speed being stolen. But are you saying Wonder Woman>Wonder Woman+Superman in speed?

****ing Black Lightning out reacted her against his Lightning attack in the same comic.

Look at the scan above and be quiet.

abhilegend
Proof of what I said...

"Hera he's faster than Clark".

https://m.vk.com/topic-67993718_30792572?offset=40&z=photo-67993718_338569520%2Fpost-67993718_6703
As usual she doesn't knows what she is talking about. Wally specifically absorbed all his speed but somehow he still has all that speed? Yeah, right.

carver9
As usual she doesn't knows what she is talking about. Wally specifically absorbed all his speed but somehow he still has all that speed? Yeah, right.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Wally absorbed HIS speed because he said Amazo would kill them in seconds with it. Not Clarks and Diana.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Sounds like excuses to me.
Or you don't read comics.

abhilegend
Look at the scan above and be quiet.
Shut the **** up, alright?

carver9
Shut the **** up, alright?

ABHI, stop jumping into debates you are not ready for. We are done here.

abhilegend
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Wally absorbed HIS speed because he said Amazo would kill them in seconds with it. Not Clarks and Diana.
And where is that stated? You know Superman blitzed Amazo with all that speed, right?

That's what speed looks like. Not random comments that "OMG, he is as fast as me and faster than him".

abhilegend
ABHI, stop jumping into debates you are not ready for. We are done here.
Lulz, running away as always and thinking it's a win for you?

carver9

What sense does bringing up Black Lightning have to do with this discussion. Even after Superman was healed by Zatanna, Amazo still out reacted him.

Zatanna fixing him.

https://m.vk.com/topic-67993718_30792572?offset=40&z=photo-67993718_338568862%2Fpost-67993718_6702

Superman telling us he feels great and still gets out reacted by Amazo. An Amazo he seen coming.

https://m.vk.com/topic-67993718_30792572?offset=40&z=photo-67993718_338569115%2Fpost-67993718_6702

Same Amazo is out reacted by Wonder Woman via super speed.

https://m.vk.com/topic-67993718_30792572?offset=40&z=photo-67993718_338569677%2Fpost-67993718_6703

riv6672
Ha. Good reading.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Sounds like excuses to me. laughing out loud

abhilegend
What sense does bringing up Black Lightning have to do with this discussion. Even after Superman was healed by Zatanna, Amazo still out reacted him.

Zatanna fixing him.

https://m.vk.com/topic-67993718_30792572?offset=40&z=photo-67993718_338568862%2Fpost-67993718_6702

Superman telling us he feels great and still gets out reacted by Amazo. An Amazo he seen coming.

https://m.vk.com/topic-67993718_30792572?offset=40&z=photo-67993718_338569115%2Fpost-67993718_6702

Same Amazo is out reacted by Wonder Woman via super speed.

https://m.vk.com/topic-67993718_30792572?offset=40&z=photo-67993718_338569677%2Fpost-67993718_6703

WTF are you talking about? Amazo again hit him with red solar radiation when wonder woman intercepted HV. How does that show outreacting?

Do you even read the scans you put?

carver9
WTF are you talking about? Amazo again hit him with red solar radiation when wonder woman intercepted HV. How does that show outreacting?

Do you even read the scans you put?

no expression

Yeah, you are blind. He hit Superman as soon as he came through the ground. He attacked first. Reacted first to Superman, a healthy Superman. This happened AFTER Flash stole his speed. Open your eyes.

quanchi112
no expression

Yeah, you are blind. He hit Superman as soon as he came through the ground. He attacked first. Reacted first to Superman, a healthy Superman. This happened AFTER Flash stole his speed. Open your eyes. laughing out loud

abhilegend
no expression

Yeah, you are blind. He hit Superman as soon as he came through the ground. He attacked first. Reacted first to Superman, a healthy Superman. This happened AFTER Flash stole his speed. Open your eyes.

You are talking about his red sun attack on superman and Canary and think it's him getting out reacted?

facepalm

Look and weep.

static.comicvine.com/api/image/2768472-justice_league_of_america_023_06.jpg

Superman reached first to Amazo after hearing the alarm and actually blitzed when Amazo was fast enough to blitz ****ing flash.

http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/2768476-justice_league_of_america_023_10.jpg

Wonder Woman reached almost 10 pages later with characters who don't even have superspeed.

Http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/2768489-justice_league_of_america_023_1415.jpg

That's called Superspeed boy. Not blocking heat vision by aim dodging.

carver9
What does that have to do with my scan? Nothing I said was wrong. You can post whatever you think happened before and after that. What I said is concrete. Back on topic. Black Adam wins.

abhilegend
Now for real comparison.

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/w11.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/Strangerinthenight/w12.jpg

Adam straight up blitzes her and oneshotted her.

Http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=d4b52_kahndc7.jpg

Yeah, real fast there wonder woman.

abhilegend
What does that have to do with my scan? Nothing I said was wrong. You can post whatever you think happened before and after that. What I said is concrete. Back on topic. Black Adam wins.
Yeah, that's your weak spot right there. You can't accept that Superman actually looked faster than her and has one of the best speed Feats of any top tier below flash.

Keep hurting.

riv6672
Nice PG scans.

Bentley
laughing out loud

Honing those cheerleading skills like I told you Quan?

biscuits

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Honing those cheerleading skills like I told you Quan?

biscuits I laugh when I see something funny.

carver9
Nice PG scans.

No they are not. ABHI didn't post everything. Right after that scene he posted, when Wonder Woman got serious, Powergirl couldn't even lay a hand on her.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/98379/2340158-wonder_woman_v3_41_013.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/58496/1763350-p2c_ww041_p14.jpg

Wonder Woman was casually owning her. ABHI is a liar. I hope he continues with this Powergirl nonsense because I have been holding on to some scans to point out a lie he spread across KMC. Keep going ABHI.

DarkSaint85
I'm getting scared of this new Ultimate Carver. Power levels are different.

riv6672
Oh, i know abhi is a liar/selective scan poster etc.
I was literally referring to the art and the action sequence itself.

celeyhyga17
No they are not. ABHI didn't post everything. Right after that scene he posted, when Wonder Woman got serious, Powergirl couldn't even lay a hand on her.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/98379/2340158-wonder_woman_v3_41_013.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/58496/1763350-p2c_ww041_p14.jpg

Wonder Woman was casually owning her. ABHI is a liar. I hope he continues with this Powergirl nonsense because I have been holding on to some scans to point out a lie he spread across KMC. Keep going ABHI.
Doesn't help that Wondy herself already thinks that Karen is at least as fast as she is in his own scans. sad

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I feel Pr is responsible for this. He might've created the Ult. Carver to get rid of the classic version.

leonidas
laughing out loud

and i'd HOPE pg could dodge a thrown lasso....has ww simply wanted to tie her up, it's crystal clear imo that she could have done so at any point after she stopped holding back some.

Time Immemorial
Powergirl boobs should have been more then enough to defeat Diana.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

How powerful is Ultimate Carver now you think?

leonidas
At the time she beat Hermes, her speed was officially Mach 3.Cap was cruising at near light speed just around that time.

And she has never proved to be equal of Hercules either until post infinite crisis when Trials of Shazam retconned Marvels' power source. In fact Herc looked stronger than her when they fought in WW 14 and against Doomsday clone in WW 111.

Also Cap was weaker than usual in WOG due to his spell weakening by Roman gods controlling him. He still looked stronger than her and Diana commented that he might kill her.

In underworld unleashed, he flat out owned her with a broken arm.

In virtue and vice, he koed her with a lightning bolt. He was more powerful than normal though.

Also look at his fights with Superman. Diana would get killed if she tried to go punch to punch with Superman for a whole comic like when Cap did against Eclipsed Superman.

wait, i missed this--are saying trying to downplay her speed to....mach 3? blink i KNOW you don't need me to post some of her REAL speed feats, but i can.

and she wouldn't go punch for punch with kal--though she lasted pretty damn well against the blood lusted supes when he thought she was doomsday and killed lois....if cap or ba faced superman in THAT state, i really doubt either would do noticeably better than she did.

again, given their respective origins, this fight really can't be viewed as anything but close.

DarkSaint85
wait, i missed this--are saying trying to downplay her speed to....mach 3? blink i KNOW you don't need me to post some of her REAL speed feats, but i can.

and she wouldn't go punch for punch with kal--though she lasted pretty damn well against the blood lusted supes when he thought she was doomsday and killed lois....if cap or ba faced superman in THAT state, i really doubt either would do noticeably better than she did.

again, given their respective origins, this fight really can't be viewed as anything but close.

He's using the JLA scan of her racing Flash. The actual comic quote was IIRC, Wonder Woman is racing along with the speed of Hermes - currently Mach 3.

Nowhere does it state that that is her MAX speed though. Speed of Hermes isn't like saying 'Speed of Light', which is a constant.....

leonidas
is that the one where jesse was going fast enough to enter the speed force?

DarkSaint85
No. Was from JLA #2:

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y437/Diana-Prince-68/Iron%20Age/JLA2WonderWoman.jpg

leonidas
thumb up anyway, i think she's being downplayed quite extensively in this thread. if i get some time, i may have to try and correct some of these....misconceptions.

celeyhyga17
thumb up anyway, i think she's being downplayed quite extensively in this thread. if i get some time, i may have to try and correct some of these....misconceptions.
Bladam 10/10

leonidas
sneer

Bentley
I laugh when I see something funny.

So you doubled over with laughter with my comment, yes? ahah

leonidas
looking back on this thread, i seem to see a lot of excuses being made. everyone seems to be picking and choosing the version of ww they want to talk about, but when it comes to adam, no one really cares. at various times, ww was said to be gifted with the strength of gaea, the strenght of hercules and was said to be STRONGER than hercules as well. she was also SHOWN to be stronger than him on at least a COULPLE different occasions. to suggest hercules is NOT very close in strength to either adam or marvel is ridiculous. she was also said to be swifter than hermes. there is an issue of flash that has flash stating hermes is faster than he is. that isn't true but hermes is EXTREMELY fast. mach 3 is pretty funny.... diana is certainly NOT flash fast. but adam had his arse kicked by jay garrick in a race as well, so....neither is he. again, to suggest that their relative speeds are (in a general sense) greatly different is complete nonsense. is he more durable? yeah, probably. greatly so? not imo. she is more skilled, and has weapons to help balance that advantage.

everyone keeps talking about diana's feats, and seems to want to lowball. i really have seen ZERO adam scans that would go ahead and demonstrate this supposed 'great' superiority he is said to have. show me feats she couldn't replicate.

i'd be up for a bit of a scan challenge i guess. anything for either would be available pre-flashpoint (not pre-crisis obviously). if everyone is so confident that adam would win so convincingly (i actually gave him a 5.5/10 majority) it should be easy finding the scans to support a lop-sided win. someone from the adam side shows a scan, and all i have to do is show a scan that matches it. at least then someone who walks into the thread can form their own opinion based on actual PROOF. i await the adam scans.

h1a8
Not going to argue circles when you're not even going to consider other outcomes. BA can't fight. He has shown no fighting skill other than punching. WW is a master martial artist. She has shown the faster speed in combat, especially reflex speed. That alone will give her a 4 to 1 hit ratio or more over him. That type of hit ratio is a win.

The lasso is an auto win by her stunning BA momentarily and then using that fraction of a second to lasso him.

Bentley
everyone keeps talking about diana's feats, and seems to want to lowball. i really have seen ZERO adam scans that would go ahead and demonstrate this supposed 'great' superiority he is said to have. show me feats she couldn't replicate.

I've argued about Black Adam several times in the past, his feats are minimal compared to those of Diana. HOWEVER, comic comparisons with Captain Marvel are often positive and Billy has some stupid good feats.

Basically Billy is a beast and people give BA the pass because of it.

abhilegend

Are you ****ing kidding me? Wonder Woman explicitly stated that the reason she could avoid PG was due to her skills. Heck, PG wasn't even using her speed in that scene. She was just punching around in blind rage due to being mindcontrolled.

I'm this close to reporting you now. Seriously **** off with your bullshit.

leonidas
@bentley: i can acknowledge that. thumb up

for the sake of the thread i'd go ahead and match marvel feats as well as adam feats. imo, marvel is actually GREATER than adam, but i'd see what i could do. my job isn't to exceed the feats--only approximate them, thereby proving how close they are in terms of overall power.

leonidas
Are you ****ing kidding me? Wonder Woman explicitly stated that the reason she could avoid PG was due to her skills. Heck, PG wasn't even using her speed in that scene. She was just punching around in blind rage due to being mindcontrolled.

you HAD to quote that and throw this page all out of sh!t too??! mad

abhilegend

A flash clone with sonic level speed was too fast for her in WW 109.A sonic level villain absolutely destroyed her in speed in WW 81.

She has good blocking feats, but in raw speed she would get destroyed by any good speedster.

In WW 219, he only landed one punch on her. It KTFOed her.

Origins only help her that much.

abhilegend
you HAD to quote that and throw this page all out of sh!t too??! mad
Well, if Carver says you are a liar, what would you do?

Bentley
Well, if Carver says you are a liar, what would you do?

Apologize for lying? shifty

leonidas
shifty

abhilegend
looking back on this thread, i seem to see a lot of excuses being made. everyone seems to be picking and choosing the version of ww they want to talk about, but when it comes to adam, no one really cares. at various times, ww was said to be gifted with the strength of gaea, the strenght of hercules and was said to be STRONGER than hercules as well. she was also SHOWN to be stronger than him on at least a COULPLE different occasions. to suggest hercules is NOT very close in strength to either adam or marvel is ridiculous. she was also said to be swifter than hermes. there is an issue of flash that has flash stating hermes is faster than he is. that isn't true but hermes is EXTREMELY fast. mach 3 is pretty funny.... diana is certainly NOT flash fast. but adam had his arse kicked by jay garrick in a race as well, so....neither is he. again, to suggest that their relative speeds are (in a general sense) greatly different is complete nonsense. is he more durable? yeah, probably. greatly so? not imo. she is more skilled, and has weapons to help balance that advantage.

i'd be up for a bit of a scan challenge i guess. anything for either would be available pre-flashpoint (not pre-crisis obviously). if everyone is so confident that adam would win so convincingly (i actually gave him a 5.5/10 majority) it should be easy finding the scans to support a lop-sided win. someone from the adam side shows a scan, and all i have to do is show a scan that matches it. at least then someone who walks into the thread can form their own opinion based on actual PROOF. i await the adam scans.
We have already seen direct comparison with PG and Superman. She looked totally outclassed against Adam in both.

What's next? Both Cap and Adam have totally overpowered J'onn. Wonder Woman is 1-5 against Martians in general.

What next? Green Lantern? Both Kyle and John have beaten her. We all saw how they fared against Adam.

Etrigan? Wonder Woman is 0-3 against etrigan.

I would like to see a single comparison where Diana looks better than a marvel.

leonidas
@abhi: well...let's see the scans of the fights then i'll go ahead and see what i can find. btw i'd say when diana got seriously she easily dominated pg as well. and when she got serious against primaid, diana wrecked her too. those martians dominated the WHOLE league initially, so it doesn't really matter. she did at LEAST as well as any other leaguer against them. as for the lanterns--i'd need to see the fights with her again. i don't recall them off the top of my head. she's beaten a lantern in the past though, and on at least one occasion used her speed to simply take the ring from kyle's hand iirc.

i don't recall etrigan actually beating her either, so i'd need to see that as well.

abhilegend
@abhi: well...let's see the scans of the fights then i'll go ahead and see what i can find. btw i'd say when diana got seriously she easily dominated pg as well. and when she got serious against primaid, diana wrecked her too. those martians dominated the WHOLE league initially, so it doesn't really matter. she did at LEAST as well as any other leaguer against them. as for the lanterns--i'd need to see the fights with her again. i don't recall them off the top of my head. she's beaten a lantern in the past though, and on at least one occasion used her speed to simply take the ring from kyle's hand iirc.

i don't recall etrigan actually beating her either, so i'd need to see that as well.
She dominated a mindcontrolled PG through skills. Adam straight up oneshotted her.

Diana didn't wreck Primaid. She took her to upper atmosphere where Primaid suffocated.

And no, Kyle oneshotted the Martian sent against him. So did Wally. So did Superman until protex used kryptonite illusion. J'onn koed a Martian off panel and took his form. Malefic almost koed her with a blast of Martian vision. A random Martian overpowered her in JLA 57 until Superman saved her. Then she was oneshotted by a Martian in JLA 58.Jonn koed her in JLA Classified 45.

John beat her twice in Rebirth. Kyle oneshotted her in Virtue and Vice. A random Lantern was too much for her in her own book until she made him lose his concentration. A sinestro clone overpowered her in her own book until Hercules saved her.

Etrigan flat out overpowered her in The Demon v2 17 and Jason Blood had to save her. He again had her at his mercy in WW 107 until Phantom Stranger saved her. He wrecked her and Artemis together in WW 124.

Need I go on?

leonidas
@abhi: nope, just need to show some of the scans. wink i could verbally wrangle feats all day but that isn't what i'm looking for. you're basing all this supposed superiority on ONE arc--ww3. i also seem to recall pg blasting the sh!t out of adam with a single heat vision blast.... and ww wasn't even trying, had no desire to harm pg, where adam was essentially blood lusted in ww3. i'm not interested in lowballing adam or marvel though (though that would be easy enough to do....) while ALL you're doing at this point is listing battles that make diana "look bad". show me good feats for adam or marvel, and i'll match them for diana and we'll get a solid comparison as opposed to all the abc logic and...."verbal interpretations" of the battles. or post battles and if i can find similar ones i'll do the same.

Branlor Swift
@abhi: nope, just need to show some of the scans. wink i could verbally wrangle feats all day but that isn't what i'm looking for. you're basing all this supposed superiority on ONE arc--ww3. i also seem to recall pg blasting the sh!t out of adam with a single heat vision blast.... and ww wasn't even trying, had no desire to harm pg, where adam was essentially blood lusted in ww3. i'm not interested in lowballing adam or marvel though (though that would be easy enough to do....) while ALL you're doing at this point is listing battles that make diana "look bad". show me good feats for adam or marvel, and i'll match them for diana and we'll get a solid comparison as opposed to all the abc logic and...."verbal interpretations" of the battles. or post battles and if i can find similar ones i'll do the same. She blasted Adam while Billy and Mary were leeching off his power.

And he completely overpowered her.

And she didn't accomplish much in her first appearance of hv either.

But you'll get your scans later leo. If you want to see some next level shit.

abhilegend
Okay, I'll post them tomorrow. Going to sleep right now.

leonidas
thumb up

carver9

Wait a minute...so Wondy skills turned off in this match? You used that scan as evidence of PG holding some type of advantage in speed when that wasnt the case. When Wondy got serious, PG couldn't even touch her. You can try to twist this all you want with blurry lines.

laughing out loud ... so you bring up this scene as a shot against WW vs PG speed and when it backfires on you, you want to bring up her being mind controlled? Like I said before, when Wonder Woman got SERIOUS, Powergirl couldn't touch her.

How about this, if you can't handle a debate against me, either put me on ignore or stop quoting me.

Time Immemorial
I just reported Carver, so no need.

laughing out loud

Stoic
I always thought that Wonder Woman was roughly as strong as BA? Her skills are superior to his though, and since that is the case she should mop the floor with him every time without question.

leonidas
^ apparently that is a rather controversial stance to take around here. shrug

Branlor Swift
Because BA beats the shit out of teams involving people equal to Wonder Woman physically.

leonidas
let's just go ahead and say i'll disagree with that entirely. one arc does NOT define a character and in this case she would be equally blood lusted and willing to kill him. but i'll wait for scans.

iceman24567
Wonder Woman and Wonder clan have glass jaws

Star428
LOL. Desperate WW fans are still bringing up the 'Sacrifice' fight as if that actually helps their ridiculous argument that WW would beat Adam. If anything, it actually hurts it. For the 3 billionth time, Superman was hallucinating in that fight. If any of you stubborn WW supporters can't see that as a serious handicap for Superman then you need to grow a brain. Even with Clark's handicap, he still looked far superior to her in every category. After Diana was KTFO with one friggin' punch from Superman she was hiding from him. You don't try to hide from someone in a fight against someone if you're their physical pier. You hide and try to sneak up on them for a sucker shot (like Diana did) when you need every advantage you can get against someone who is far superior to you physically.

Captain Marvel took a much bigger beating from Superman when Clark was being mind-controlled by Eclipso than WW did from him in 'Sacrifice' and CM still wasn't knocked out from all Superman did to him. Diana was knocked out from one single friggin' punch! CM still had an overall MUCH better showing against a non-holding back Superman than Diana did. CM actually had a lot of offense while Diana was on the defensive the entire time just barely able to survive! Only thing that saved Diana was her tiara but if Superman had been in his right mind and realized he was actually fighting WW instead of DD he would've been ready to dodge something like that. How often has DD used a razor sharp magical item? Never.

leonidas
laughing out loud so, aside from some apparent butthurt over a tired old topic, you have...nothing? imagine my shock. no expression do yourself a favor--go back to lurking and let the others fight your battles. they'll need a cheerleader. i just don't need to read about it. long live ignore. lol thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
I always thought that Wonder Woman was roughly as strong as BA? Her skills are superior to his though, and since that is the case she should mop the floor with him every time without question. Do not be ridiculous. Black Adam is stronger, more durable, and more ruthless. He puts her down, 10/10.

abhilegend
Wait a minute...so Wondy skills turned off in this match? Before that, yes. She tried using brute force but it didn't work. Did you even read the comic? Wonder Woman herself said she was equal to her in speed. You are eating paint chops if you think PG throwing punches at normal speed means anything here. But I like how you totally discard her statement when it suits you.

At this point you are just embarrassing yourself.

Can't handle you? This is like the millionth time you've been opened but pretend you won.

It's quite pathetic actually.

carver9
Before that, yes. She tried using brute force but it didn't work. Did you even read the comic? Wonder Woman herself said she was equal to her in speed. You are eating paint chops if you think PG throwing punches at normal speed means anything here. But I like how you totally discard her statement when it suits you.

At this point you are just embarrassing yourself.

Can't handle you? This is like the millionth time you've been opened but pretend you won.

It's quite pathetic actually.

Lol...skill is brute force.

Wonder Woman didn't say they were equals. What she said was Powergirl is AT LEAST as strong and fast as her and the next panel shows us that WW held the edge in speed.

Normal speed punches? Are you basing this off of the blurry lines? Even if you were you can tell PG punches wasn't slow. Let's not pretend like PG was holding back there and purposely not being able to hit her. WW was just to fast.

Lol...you're the one screaming report. Stop responding to me if you don't like my comments.

abhilegend
thumb up
Ok, here you go.

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Black Adam vs the JSA again (Power Girl, Sentinel (Alan Scott), Hawkman, Mr. Terrific, Wildcat, Dr. Mid-Nite, Hourman, Flash (Jay Garrick), Hawkgirl + Dr. Fate (Hector Hall) and Fury (Lyta Hall).

http://img145.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=13d5f_kahndc3.jpg
http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=e35b0_kahndc4.jpg
http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=5aa36_kahndc5.jpg
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=4bfd9_kahndc6.jpg
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=d4b52_kahndc7.jpg
http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=0a127_kahndc8.jpg
http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=bebc4_kahndc9.jpg
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c60ef_kahndc10.jpg
http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=e35b4_kahndc11.jpg
http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=77eef_kahndc12.jpg
Do you think Wonder Woman can take on such a team at once?

Even with an ambush, it took General, Amazo, Ubermensch, Grodd, Silver Banshee and Psycho Pirate to beat him.

http://i45.tinypic.com/14lqd1w.jpg

Such a team would rip her apart. Even in a weakened state he looked stronger than PG.

http://i.imgur.com/TC86IUl.jpg

And PG has straight up caught punches from her.

Power Girl owns wonder woman

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14955333_7613458.jpg

After that easily catches her punch after Diana blindsided her

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/14955335_4707913.jpg

And lulz @ Superman/Wonder Woman comparison from Sacrifice. Just after infinite crisis, Khyranna with just a portion of Superman's powers owned her twice.

Khyrana with a portion of Superman's powers owns Wonder Woman. With just a backhand.

http://i.imgur.com/1OfZd2v.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1WR7PFT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6ML710b.jpg

Round two. She again owns her with a punch and the drained Superman had to save her.

http://i.imgur.com/plaIGPc.jpg

And FTR, Amazo at least had GL and Wonder Woman's powers here as he had both the ring and the lasso with him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132956/3307638-0004wrdtfv9.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132956/3307639-0004xpfwir7.jpg

Your turn leo.

ODG
LOL. Desperate WW fans are still bringing up the 'Sacrifice' fight as if that actually helps their ridiculous argument that WW would beat Adam. If anything, it actually hurts it. For the 3 billionth time, Superman was hallucinating in that fight. You should probably read the actual comic.

abhilegend
Lol...skill is brute force. facepalm

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

Do you know what AT LEAST means? It means PG was at least as strong and fast as her or possibly stronger and faster. It doesn't means Wonder Woman was faster than her.

at least - not less than; "at least two hours studying the manual"; "a tumor at least as big as an orange"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/at+least

You don't need dictionary to know this actually.

No, it is based on the fact that PG wasn't using speed in that fight. She only did it once to dodge the lasso. She wasn't holding back. That's different than using her speed. Wonder Woman herself disagrees. In fact PG punched her into Canada. A superspeed full body ram from Wonder Woman didn't even sent PG to 100 feet. She actually looked stronger than wonder woman in that comic.

I'm going to report you for trolling. Not for anything else.

"Skill is brute force". **** off.

Star428
"Skill is brute force". LOL. That has to be the silliest statement I've read since I've been a member here. At least from the comic book versus section of forum it is. I think the only one that comes close is "blitzing someone is not combat speed". LOL.

-Pr-
1. Guys, no more personal attacks.
2. Leave Superman out of this.

abhilegend
And even in that fight, she looked stronger than Diana.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111157701/3918444-6703339415-112dc.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111157701/3918445-5848899677-16ljs.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111157701/3918446-4716426337-vyv0i.jpg

She hit wonder woman to Canada, wonder woman with additional Momentum and a full body ram only made her go down to Street.

-Pr-
Bottom of the page:

Originally posted by -Pr-
1. Guys, no more personal attacks.
2. Leave Superman out of this.

carver9
facepalm

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

Do you know what AT LEAST means? It means PG was at least as strong and fast as her or possibly stronger and faster. It doesn't means Wonder Woman was faster than her.

at least - not less than; "at least two hours studying the manual"; "a tumor at least as big as an orange"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/at+least

You don't need dictionary to know this actually.

No, it is based on the fact that PG wasn't using speed in that fight. She only did it once to dodge the lasso. She wasn't holding back. That's different than using her speed. Wonder Woman herself disagrees. In fact PG punched her into Canada. A superspeed full body ram from Wonder Woman didn't even sent PG to 100 feet. She actually looked stronger than wonder woman in that comic.

I'm going to report you for trolling. Not for anything else.

"Skill is brute force". **** off.

I meant to say Wonder Woman skill is brute force. Typo. Anyways, all I'm heating from you is excuses. Wonder Woman clearly stopped holding back during the end which resulted in PG not being able to touch her.

Already proven that WW is faster as shown in the comic.

Powergirl was using her speed and couldn't touch WW.

So you think you're not trolling?

abhilegend
I meant to say Wonder Woman skill is brute force. Typo. Anyways, all I'm heating from you is excuses. Wonder Woman clearly stopped holding back during the end which resulted in PG not being able to touch her.

Already proven that WW is faster as shown in the comic.

Powergirl was using her speed and couldn't touch WW.

So you think you're not trolling?
Where did you prove anything other than the thing that you can't read if your life depends upon it?

And the funny thing is, she didn't actually did anything more than Dodge a punch. If she was so much faster, she wouldn't have to block the elbow in the very next panel. It's like you can't look at the panel.

Let's see, you're ignoring Wonder Woman's direct statements, ignored PG blitzing her, took dodging a punch with skill as speed when wonder woman blatantly said it was due to skill, and ignored the very next panel of PG connecting her with an elbow which Diana had to block? Yeah, you're just trolling now.

riv6672
Not seeing how WW was more powerful than BA, pre reboot.

shadowknight
BA beats her at least 7/10

h1a8
Do not be ridiculous. Black Adam is stronger, more durable, and more ruthless. He puts her down, 10/10. wW is more skilled and faster in combat. She gets a 4 to 1 or greater hit ratio on BA and thus wins.

wW could always stun and lasso for the easy win.

h1a8
Originally posted by shadowknight
BA beats her at least 7/10 BA is not winning with a 4 to 1 hit ratio deficit. BA is not winning against the stun hit lasso combo.

h1a8
Where did you prove anything other than the thing that you can't read if your life depends upon it?

And the funny thing is, she didn't actually did anything more than Dodge a punch. If she was so much faster, she wouldn't have to block the elbow in the very next panel. It's like you can't look at the panel.

Let's see, you're ignoring Wonder Woman's direct statements, ignored PG blitzing her, took dodging a punch with skill as speed when wonder woman blatantly said it was due to skill, and ignored the very next panel of PG connecting her with an elbow which Diana had to block? Yeah, you're just trolling now. showings that contradict Diana blocking light speed attacks are low showings.
Diana can't get hit with a sub light speed attack and be able to block multiple light speed attacks effortlessly at the same time. These things contradict each other.

Mindset
Originally posted by shadowknight
BA beats her at least 7/10 BA kills her dead.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>