Star Wars: Rebels Season 2 Trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Looked sweet! Vader seems a tad... downgraded though.

Also - we got a new Inquisitor!

|King Joker|
How so?

But I'm looking forward to seeing the new Inquisitors, AHSOKA ****ING TANO, Vader, and Rex. (Though I didn't even recognize Rex until they pointed him out.)

Zenwolf
Ok where's the video?..Or is it not up on the internet yet?

DarthAnt66
It's live so I can't link it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_voKbAgIzWM.

@King Joker: Eh, the Force seems slow. Also, I wanted to see Vader one-shot Kanan, not five-shot him.
He also seems to be taking his time against Ezra, but that might be because he's toying with him.
I suspect Ahsoka will then come out of the ship, which makes Vader release Ezra to focus on her.

DarthAnt66
REX IS BACK BABY!

Zenwolf
Ok saw it, looks nice to see more Inquisitors and nice to see Vader handily owning Kanan and Ezra instead of being incompetent.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
@King Joker: Eh, the Force seems slow. Also, I wanted to see Vader one-shot Kanan, not five-shot him.
He also seems to be taking his time against Ezra, but that might be because he's toying with him.
I suspect Ahsoka will then come out of the ship, which makes Vader release Ezra to focus on her. I agree, honestly. And that's probably what'll happen.

|King Joker|
REX IS BACK BABY! Looks like Wolffe is, too.
https://36.media.tumblr.com/186a46043f610c7185f762a865a645a1/tumblr_nn0nklZHzx1r3o95ao3_1280.jpg

DarthAnt66
Awesome! Who is the one on the left?

DarthAnt66
Wait - there's a poster of Vader vs Ahsoka? Can anyone provide me with a pic?

|King Joker|
Idk. I'm thinking Kix.

|King Joker|
Wait - there's a poster of Vader vs Ahsoka? Can anyone provide me with a pic? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f101/t611151.html

DarthAnt66
/watch?v=rdyZcaDtAzo
Vader and the Emperor sound so bad I might commit suicide.

|King Joker|
Is it just me or does Vader's voice sound weird?

And ****, I really wish Ian Abercrombie was still alive to do Palpatine's voice.

Edit: LOL agreed Ant.

DarthAnt66
Vader sounds like OCW Grievous.

Emperordmb
is it just me, or is there no sound 2:15-2:35?

DarthAnt66
Not just you - silly Disney. Here, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yIwajilFWM

ares834
Looks quite good. Vader looks badass and powerful. Shame he sounds terrible.

Also not happy to see Rex.

|King Joker|
https://38.media.tumblr.com/5ed75dead1f337e6bfdcc049b510714d/tumblr_nn0s10B1Ic1tdkro1o9_250.gif

Looking at it again, if it wasn't for Kanan's armor Vader would have one-shotted him.

ares834
The armor isn't cut in the other shots which would mean that happens before the rest. Regardless, that's not really a problem. It's never been Vader's "M.O." to blitz people he seems to enjoy playing with his victims.

Also something interesting is we see that cut in Kanan's pauldron at other points in the trailer suggesting it happens early on. Considering how much I've seen people behind the show hype up the premiere, I expect it will happen there.

Emperordmb
Lol, that's the point in which a Lignan lightsaber crystal would've come in handy. Those aren't part of the disney continuity though. They're only canon to legends.

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/e42f7a762b62191e30d84ad3a2933877/tumblr_inline_nn0pzonFzj1ra3pl9_540.png
Yeah, his armor is cut right here.

Emperordmb
Yep, a lignan would've probably cut straight through that.

ares834
It's also cut during the "Rex" arc. I expect that scene happens shortly after their duel with Vader and then Ahsoka sends them to Rex and Co.

Jmanghan
This could just as easily be put in the Star Wars: Rebels thread.

DARTH POWER
Is James Earl Jones not doing Vader's voice anymore. Sounds weird.

Also Kanan can't be that bad clashing Sabers a couple of times against Vader. But I liked how the first clash stumbles Kanan showing Vader's strength.

Anyway now that we have Ahsoka, Rex and Hondo I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Maul shows up. Since this basically is a sequel to TCW.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Is James Earl Jones not doing Vader's voice anymore. Sounds weird.

Also Kanan can't be that bad clashing Sabers a couple of times against Vader. But I liked how the first clash stumbles Kanan showing Vader's strength.

Anyway now that we have Ahsoka, Rex and Hondo I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Maul shows up. Since this basically is a sequel to TCW. He is, and it does sound pretty bad.

And the first strike Vader would've cut his whole arm off if it wasn't for Kanan's armor.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by |King Joker|
He is, and it does sound pretty bad.

And the first strike Vader would've cut his whole arm off if it wasn't for Kanan's armor.

Tbh it seemed like a glancing blow actually, but maybe it was just the way it was portrayed. I'm not sure that shoulder piece would actually stand up to a full lightsaber hit, especially when lightsabers have cut through more durable things.

Unless Kanan has some kinda special armored shoulder pad.

Though tbh, I am kinda sick of all these TCW characters popping up. I mean I'm not sick I just...I wanna see NEW characters, not old ones. They have this whole Universe and can make some interesting characters, yet just keep re-hashing old ones.

I mean obviously I get it, they worked on TCW so of course they are gonna be brought back and I don't mind these characters appearing. But I just hope their appearances aren't in every episode, tbh I hope some of them die actually.

ares834
That was a full on two handed blow that staggered Kanan...it's a special armored shoulder pad.

But, like I said earlier, that's not the first strike of the fight.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Tbh it seemed like a glancing blow actually, but maybe it was just the way it was portrayed. I'm not sure that shoulder piece would actually stand up to a full lightsaber hit, especially when lightsabers have cut through more durable things.

Unless Kanan has some kinda special armored shoulder pad.

Though tbh, I am kinda sick of all these TCW characters popping up. I mean I'm not sick I just...I wanna see NEW characters, not old ones. They have this whole Universe and can make some interesting characters, yet just keep re-hashing old ones.

I mean obviously I get it, they worked on TCW so of course they are gonna be brought back and I don't mind these characters appearing. But I just hope their appearances aren't in every episode, tbh I hope some of them die actually.

Well, Ashoka is likely to die eventually. And the trailer actually introduced 2 new inquisitors.

However, one thought crossed my mind. One of them seems to be a woman. What if she is Barriss Offee?

And I'm glad to see Hondo anyway.

|King Joker|
I actually kind of agree with you Zenwolf about TCW characters showing up. (Bar Ahsoka, obvs.) With Rex, Wolffe, Hondo, etc. it's just... too much. Now some are theorizing that female Inquisitor is Barriss. That would be really stupid.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Well, Ashoka is likely to die eventually. And the trailer actually introduced 2 new inquisitors.

However, one thought crossed my mind. One of them seems to be a woman. What if she is Barriss Offee?

And I'm glad to see Hondo anyway.

The Inquisitors do look interesting, can't wait to see what they can do.

|King Joker|
Actually, that new female Inquisitor is probably gonna be voiced by SMG.

ares834
Hope she kicks ass. We need more female Star Wars villains.

|King Joker|
A ****in' evil space Buffy.

ares834
Buffy the Jedi Slayer... Yeah, I can see it.

Emperordmb
If there's a Grand Inquisitor, I know who it's going to be...

Vader's apprentice...

the greatest agent...

the one who helped form the rebel alliance to gather all of the emperor's enemies together to be destroyed...

AHSOKA TANO!!!!

|King Joker|
https://lindseytreid.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/shoving.gif

Zenwolf
That would be one hell of a plot twist.

DARTH POWER
Now some are theorizing that female Inquisitor is Barriss. That would be really stupid.

That's actually the one that would make sense.

To be honest it's the fault of Disney cancelling TCW that suddenly. It just left too many unsolved issues and characters, and Rebels is too convenient as a sequel to that time period to finish what TCW couldn't.

If TCW was finished properly then I bet the only characters we'd see pop up later would be Pirates or Bounty Hunters like Hondo/Bane.

NTJack0
Personally, I love Sam Witwer as Palpatine, he sounds good. Vader schooling Ezra and Kanan is nice. Hondo returning is wonderful.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NTJack0
Personally, I love Sam Witwer as Palpatine, he sounds good. Vader schooling Ezra and Kanan is nice. Hondo returning is wonderful.

Hmm.. Witwer voicing Palpatine makes me think Maul won't be on this show.

I think taking on Kanan and Ezra is kind of beneath Vader tbh.

Hondo is the perfect guy to come on this show. Cad Bane would be a great addition too.

The Merchant
They should have made Cad Bane the main villain instead of using Vader this early.

|King Joker|
Inquisitor Barriss would not make sense at all. She'd be fighting against the Empire, and as much of a hypocrite she is, she wouldn't ally herself with a tyrannical regime that represents the dark side. In her view it'd be what the Republic was 2.0. The only possible way Inquisitor Barriss would make sense is if she got a mind wipe, and even then her being in Rebels would be contrived as fvck. Then it'd be, like, what? 5 or 6 TCW characters being introduced in just that one season? It'd be stupid, and as much as I love TCW, dumping in piles of TCW characters is a terrible idea. Especially when their inclusions don't make sense, like Barriss'.

Emperordmb
She could always take Ahsoka's place in the rebel alliance after Ahsoka turns out to be the grand inquisitor http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/1702231425.gif

ares834
I think taking on Kanan and Ezra is kind of beneath Vader tbh.

Why? They are Jedi that are openly against the Empire. Their mere existence is sowing discord. And they have won a rather major victory against one of the Empire's highest officials and already defeated one of the Inquisitors.

They need to be crushed immediately.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Emperordmb
She could always take Ahsoka's place in the rebel alliance after Ahsoka turns out to be the grand inquisitor http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/1702231425.gif
https://lindseytreid.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/shoving.gif

ares834
Originally posted by The Merchant
They should have made Cad Bane the main villain instead of using Vader this early.

Not a chance. The Inquisitor and Tarkin have already failed. It's time to bring out the biggest guns they have.

The Merchant
I know I understand. Show probably isn't gunna last that long if they're using Vader now. I wonder if in the final season they'll face Palpatine himself?

Zenwolf
I don't think they'll go that far and have Palpatine actually waste time with such insignificant characters...well by comparison.

The_Tempest
The likes of Vader and Tarkin being directly involved with the plot, especially this early on, is a colossal misfire imo and naked fanservice.

The Merchant
Originally posted by The_Tempest
The likes of Vader and Tarkin being directly involved with the plot, especially this early on, is a colossal misfire imo and naked fanservice.

This! They should have waited longer before bringing out guys like Tarkin to handle the Rebels. I remember when Rebels was announced they were claiming that everyone was going to be an original character and what-not. But now we have Vader as the main bad guy season 2. Although I won't be surprised if the show ends up being just 3 seasons.

The_Tempest
Rebels piqued my interest early on because it was essentially marketed as Firefly in the Star Wars universe. A motley crew of misfits and nobodies taking on the monolithic Empire in their own way.

Tarkin, Vader, the Emperor? These guys are the unholy trinity and should be leagues and leagues and leagues ad infinitum beyond the Ghost crew.

ares834
I know I understand. Show probably isn't gunna last that long if they're using Vader now. I wonder if in the final season they'll face Palpatine himself?

Doubt that will happen.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
Doubt that will happen.

Don't see why not. The Sorting Algorithm of Evil dictates that each subsequent season tackle a greater threat. If this show lasts longer than its next season, Palpatine is the next step. He's the only guy better than Vader.

The Merchant
I hope Palpatine turns Ezra to the Dark side and makes him kill Kanun, becoming the Inquisitor we see in the new film.

The_Tempest
Filoni and co. have repeatedly stated how Rebels is much more lighthearted than TCW. No way this ends on a dour note like corrupted!Ezra killing Kanan.

Emperordmb
I hope the last episode of Rebels ends with the crew of the Ghost landing on Alderaan, waiting for Princess Leia to deliver the stolen plans...

Nephthys
Tarkin, Vader, the Emperor? These guys are the unholy trinity and should be leagues and leagues and leagues ad infinitum beyond the Ghost crew.

Eh, I can see it (for Vader and Tarkin). What else have they got to do? Stare at the Death Star some more? Two Jedi openly defying the Empire should get the Vader response, honestly. I don't see why they need to lose more than one Inquisitor before they become something of a priority.

The Merchant
Well if we're talking about what'd be the most realistic option for Rebels is that the crew ends up surviving and then they enter the role of characters who you don't see but are there helping a lot. Like I could see them helping at the Battle of Endor somehow. Stuff like that would be cool.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Eh, I can see it (for Vader and Tarkin). What else have they got to do? Stare at the Death Star some more? Two Jedi openly defying the Empire should get the Vader response, honestly.

Tarkin and Vader are more or less the de facto number two and three of the Empire respectively. Given the scale and scope of the Empire, I'm pretty sure there's a vast array of responsibilities and demands for those two than Kanan and Ezra.

Kanan and Ezra are the responsibility of mooks like the Inquisitors. If you bring Vader in, fine, but it should be resolved in two swings. Not exactly conducive to a full-length TV show.

|King Joker|
I hope Ahsoka doesn't go out (assuming she even dies) the predictable martyr route, sacrificing herself or some shit.

The_Tempest
Oh and that's definitely Jones as Vader and Witwer as Sidious.

ares834
Don't see why not. The Sorting Algorithm of Evil dictates that each subsequent season tackle a greater threat. If this show lasts longer than its next season, Palpatine is the next step. He's the only guy better than Vader.

TCW had the heroes foil Dooku's plot in the film before the show even began airing. Yet, they never made the main heroes face a greater threat. Don't see why they would need to do so here.

Emperordmb
I hope Ahsoka doesn't go out (assuming she even dies) the predictable martyr route, sacrificing herself or some shit.
Nah...

she'll be killed by Ezra after her betrayal is revealed!

http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3754877764.gif

Emperordmb
TCW had the heroes foil Dooku's plot in the film before the show even began airing. Yet, they never made the main heroes face a greater threat.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110925002252/starwars/images/0/00/SonRevealed.jpg

The_Tempest
TCW had the heroes foil Dooku's plot in the film before the show even began airing. Yet, they never made the main heroes face a greater threat. Don't see why they would need to do so here.

Bit different, wasn't it? Unlike Vader, Dooku was introduced as a major player in TCW from the get-go and TCW never really ascribed to the Sorting Algorithm of Evil, whereas Rebels has obeyed it right from the beginning: Aresko & Grynt -> Kallus -> The Inquisitor -> Tarkin -> and now Vader.

If Filoni puts his money where his mouth is, this show's either only going to last another season (unlikely) or Palpatine's going to get involved the next season.

The Merchant
Now I kinda wanna see Palpy face off against the crew just for the sheer fanservice.

Nephthys
Tarkin and Vader are more or less the de facto number two and three of the Empire respectively. Given the scale and scope of the Empire, I'm pretty sure there's a vast array of responsibilities and demands for those two than Kanan and Ezra.

Kanan and Ezra are the responsibility of mooks like the Inquisitors. If you bring Vader in, fine, but it should be resolved in two swings. Not exactly conducive to a full-length TV show.

Such as? Tarkin's an admiral in a time of peace, putting down fledgeling rebellions is his job and any Jedi is a big enough deal to demand his attention. And Vader's whole job is the Empire's enforcer and Jedi killer. There really aren't enough Jedi left for him to focus on instead of Kanan and Ezra. These guys aren't politicians, they don't actually run the Empire or have ongoing jobs that demand their attention, they fight its enemies and there just aren't bigger fish for them to fry at this time.

And mooks like the Inquisitor proved ineffective, repeatedly. I think it's smart that the Empire isn't putting up with constant failures and brings in bigger guns when its proven necessary. Also Vader does seem to clown them, calm ur **** until you see the actual episode on that.

Also Vader could be there because of Ahsoka.

The_Tempest
Now I kinda wanna see Palpy face off against the crew just for the sheer fanservice.

God, no. Please, no.

As great as Sidious is, TCW handled him perfectly. Sometimes, less is more with the big guns. Filoni, et al.'s policy for Sidious was, "he shows up, everyone in the room dies." So with that in mind, he doesn't really show up that often.

Much more effective that way.

The Merchant
Didn't he say sorta the same thing with Vader though? How he didn't want Vader cause he'd kill the crew in like, seconds? Although I would prefer it if Palpy was just there being portrayed like how he was in TPM, I really doubt that's going to happen.

The_Tempest
Such as? Tarkin's an admiral in a time of peace, putting down fledgeling rebellions is his job and any Jedi is a big enough deal to demand his attention. And Vader's whole job is the Empire's enforcer and Jedi killer. There really aren't enough Jedi left for him to focus on instead of Kanan and Ezra. These guys aren't politicians, they don't actually run the Empire or have ongoing jobs that demand their attention, they fight its enemies and there just aren't bigger fish for them to fry at this time.

Tarkin is governor, not admiral, of the Outer Rim territories. Like any governor in any government ever, there's more to the job than killing fools. He's both a political and military official. Vader, of course, isn't a politician. But it's a big galaxy and there's a lot to enforce. thumb up

And mooks like the Inquisitor proved ineffective, repeatedly. I think it's smart that the Empire isn't putting up with constant failures and brings in bigger guns when its proven necessary. Also Vader does seem to clown them, calm ur **** until you see the actual episode on that.

Also Vader could be there because of Ahsoka.

And again, if they want to end the show by bringing in Vader and having him slaughter or scatter the main characters, that's fine. But if you want a multi-season series with long-term character arcs, bringing in Vader and Tarkin is a bad idea.

Nephthys
Tarkin is governor, not admiral, of the Outer Rim territories. Like any governor in any government ever, there's more to the job than killing fools. He's both a political and military official. Vader, of course, isn't a politician. But it's a big galaxy and there's a lot to enforce. thumb up

Ok, but that still has the same problem. If he's governing the Outer Rim, whats more important? As a governor its still his job to put down rebellion, arguably the most important job. A Jedi with the kind of success the crew has had shouldn't just be ignored.

And whats more important for Vader to enforce than a Jedi who's killed an Inquisitor, repeatedly beaten the Imperial forces and broadcast a message of open rebellion? Whats he gonna do, fight gangsters? Putting down rebels and Jedi is his biggest job and the Ghost crew seem to be the top on that list.

And again, if they want to end the show by bringing in Vader and having him slaughter or scatter the main characters, that's fine. But if you want a multi-season series with long-term character arcs, bringing in Vader and Tarkin is a bad idea.

We don't know if Vader is a long-term villain, just that he fights them once. Given all the other Inquisitors that seem to be showing up I think its more likely he kicks their ass, Ahsoka saves them and he decides they're no threat and siccs the goon-squad on them. Tarkin likewise isn't known to be a repeated threat.

So just wait until this becomes an actual issue instead of a potential one. You're jumping the gun here.

The_Tempest
Ok, but that still has the same problem. If he's governing the Outer Rim, whats more important? As a governor its still his job to put down rebellion, arguably the most important job. A Jedi with the kind of success the crew has had shouldn't just be ignored.

The problem being that Lothal is one of a zillion backwater podunk worlds that Tarkin is supervising. Unless we're to believe that Lothal is pretty much the only one of those zillion worlds that have played host to some sort of uprising against the Empire.

And whats more important for Vader to enforce than a Jedi who's killed an Inquisitor, repeatedly beaten the Imperial forces and broadcast a message of open rebellion? Whats he gonna do, fight gangsters? Putting down rebels and Jedi is his biggest job and the Ghost crew seem to be the top on that list.

That goes back to the larger complaint. The crew of the Ghost has been entirely too meddlesome for the Empire proper. I'm fine with their hijinks obstructing Imperial operations on Lothal, but the notion that their actions are so potent as to now draw the attention of Vader, Tarkin, and now Palpatine himself {since he was the one who sent Vader}? It's absurd.

We don't know if Vader is a long-term villain, just that he fights them once. Given all the other Inquisitors that seem to be showing up I think its more likely he kicks their ass, Ahsoka saves them and he decides they're no threat and siccs the goon-squad on them.

?
Given that Vader's apparent mandate is to quash the rebels who embarrassed Tarkin and the Empire above Mustafar and on Lothal, I rather doubt it.

...I'm not jumping the gun, Neph. My issue is with Vader and Tarkin's inclusion. All I need to complain is to know that Vader and Tarkin are involved. We know that they're involved and they shouldn't be, period.

Nephthys
The problem being that Lothal is one of a zillion backwater podunk worlds that Tarkin is supervising. Unless we're to believe that Lothal is pretty much the only one of those zillion worlds that have played host to some sort of uprising against the Empire.

That goes back to the larger complaint. The crew of the Ghost has been entirely too meddlesome for the Empire proper. I'm fine with their hijinks obstructing Imperial operations on Lothal, but the notion that their actions are so potent as to now draw the attention of Vader, Tarkin, and now Palpatine himself {since he was the one who sent Vader}? It's absurd.

And the answer to both of these is that Kanan is a Jedi. None of the zillion other worlds has a Jedi screwing things up on it, that's what makes it different. Tarkin didn't give a shit about Lothal, he just understood that a Jedi is too big a deal to leave to fester. IIRC he also mentions other rebels cells, but points out that the Lothal cell was unusually effective, hence his attention.

One barely trained Jedi was enough to blow up the Empire's superweapon. A Jedi is a real threat and that's why the Ghost crew have gotten so much attention. They haven't achieved much yet, but their potential to kickstart the Rebellion proper is pretty legit. A Jedi who keeps beating the Empire like this should turn some heads.

?
Given that Vader's apparent mandate is to quash the rebels who embarrassed Tarkin and the Empire above Mustafar and on Lothal, I rather doubt it.

But you don't know do you? You should try criticizing some actual facts instead of what you think might happen.

...I'm not jumping the gun, Neph. My issue is with Vader and Tarkin's inclusion. All I need to complain is to know that Vader and Tarkin are involved. We know that they're involved and they shouldn't be, period.

You are. Tarkins been in 2 episodes and Vaders been in 10 seconds and a trailer. Its way too soon to be whining.

The_Tempest
And the answer to both of these is that Kanan is a Jedi. None of the zillion other worlds has a Jedi screwing things up on it, that's what makes it different. Tarkin didn't give a shit about Lothal, he just understood that a Jedi is too big a deal to leave to fester. IIRC he also mentions other rebels cells, but points out that the Lothal cell was unusually effective, hence his attention.

......And given the size and scope of the Empire, Tarkin still should not have been involved this soon for a ragtag group of vandals and thieves. thumb up

One barely trained Jedi was enough to blow up the Empire's superweapon.

While details are of little consequence to you, I'll remind you that that barely-trained Jedi was Luke Skywalker.

A Jedi is a real threat and that's why the Ghost crew have gotten so much attention. They haven't achieved much yet, but their potential to kickstart the Rebellion proper is pretty legit. A Jedi who keeps beating the Empire like this should turn some heads.

Those heads shouldn't belong to Vader, Tarkin, or Palpatine.

But you don't know do you? You should try criticizing some actual facts instead of what you think might happen.

You are. Tarkins been in 2 episodes and Vaders been in 10 seconds and a trailer. Its way too soon to be whining.

I see this is TDK all over again. Neph, you're 24 years old. If you can't handle gentle criticisms of something you like on the internet, it doesn't bode well for your remaining 50 years on this planet.

Zenwolf

While details are of little consequence to you, I'll remind you that that barely-trained Jedi was Luke Skywalker.

To add, Luke only blew it up because Han came in and saved him. So Luke didn't really blow up the DS alone.

Nephthys
......And given the size and scope of the Empire, Tarkin still should not have been involved this soon for a ragtag group of vandals and thieves. thumb up

There's no reason why that should be true though. If they really were just some random mooks, sure, but a Jedi and padawan should be a big deal. Tarkin should get involved here.

He was still barely trained. Kanan is a much bigger threat than Luke was in ANH.

Those heads shouldn't belong to Vader, Tarkin, or Palpatine.

Again, that's just your opinion. I disagree and I've told you why.

I see this is TDK all over again. Neph, you're 24 years old. If you can't handle gentle criticisms of something you like on the internet, it doesn't bode well for your remaining 50 years on this planet.

Uh, right back at you. I was slightly aggressive in my response. If you can't take any kind of criticism as anything less than a personal attack or only as the person getting super mad, you shouldn't be debating as a hobby.

The_Tempest
http://media.giphy.com/media/LFctgMN2VUc/giphy.gif

Neph, your reputation for getting defensive over the things you like is very well known. By your own admission, you were aggressive here and your behavior today with Ant was most distressing.

http://www.cloudywithachanceofwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/I-lost-my-tampon1.jpg

Just make this your avatar and be done with it. Let's agree to disagree, ok? {Nice legs, btw.}

To add, Luke only blew it up because Han came in and saved him. So Luke didn't really blow up the DS alone.

Yeah, not only was Luke's victory extremely circumstantial {Han's intervention, Tarkin refusing to activate the Death Star's TIE Fighter complement, etc.}, but it owed more to his unparalleled Force sensitivity than Jedi training.

Zenwolf

Yeah, not only was Luke's victory extremely circumstantial {Han's intervention, Tarkin refusing to activate the Death Star's TIE Fighter complement, etc.}, but it owed more to his unparalleled Force sensitivity than Jedi training.

Tbh Tarkin didn't really need to unload the whole TIE fighter compliment, Vader and his TIEs wrecked Red and Gold squadrons.

Plus what's more amusing is the fact that the DS was literally in no danger, if Luke was just another random pilot no one would have made the shot he did. Which is why I find it amusing at when people say

"Oh the DS is so easily destroyed, just fire a torpedo into it! Anyone can do it!"

Lol right..

The_Tempest
Tbh Tarkin didn't really need to unload the whole TIE fighter compliment, Vader and his TIEs wrecked Red and Gold squadrons.

Plus what's more amusing is the fact that the DS was literally in no danger, if Luke was just another random pilot no one would have made the shot he did.

True, but Tarkin spamming local space with TIEs would have deepened the odds.

Zenwolf
True, but Tarkin spamming local space with TIEs would have deepened the odds.

Overkill! 7,200 TIE fighters go! With 2,840 Blastboats!

The_Tempest
Overkill!

This is the man who killed a planet, remember. excellent

Zenwolf
This is the man who killed a planet, remember. excellent

Well technically it was a machine that killed the planet. stick out tongue

Nephthys
Neph, your reputation for getting defensive over the things you like is very well known. By your own admission, you were aggressive here and your behavior today with Ant was most distressing.

Just make this your avatar and be done with it. Let's agree to disagree, ok? {Nice legs, btw.}

It's really frustrating talking to you these days. I always feel like I have to tip toe or hold back when talking to you because the slightest bit of "aggression" sets you off (seriously, I said you were whining thats mild as hell. learn to have thicker skin asswad) and screaming about how mad I am. Am I the only one who remembers that we used to tease and insult each other constantly? Being an ******* to each other is supposed to be part of being friends. You call each other dicks because they know you don't mean it. Arguing with Ant today was fun and I meant nothing by it and there are no hard feelings. You know, I actually rewrote my oh so aggressive sentences a few posts back because I knew you'd be so sensitive about it and you were anyway. I hate having to do that man, it really sucks.

Emperordmb
Neph, you're right on all accounts but one. Tempest doesn't whine or get pissed at you when he thinks your "mad." It seems more like it arouses him.

The Merchant
It arouses me for sure.

Darth Abonis
It was tots cray cray kewl

DARTH POWER
Why? They are Jedi that are openly against the Empire. Their mere existence is sowing discord. And they have won a rather major victory against one of the Empire's highest officials and already defeated one of the Inquisitors.

They need to be crushed immediately.

Yeah but if they need to be crushed "immediately" then the plot demands Vader's going to fail to do that. They should send better or more Inquisitors for now IMO.

But it was nice seeing Vader kicking some space ass in his Tie. We've never really seen the amazing pilot Vader is. It should be a case of when he shows up (even in a space battle) the rebels have to retreat. And it looks as if that's what they're doing.

Zenwolf
Yeah but if they need to be crushed "immediately" then the plot demands Vader's going to fail to do that. They should send better or more Inquisitors for now IMO.

But it was nice seeing Vader kicking some space ass in his Tie. We've never really seen the amazing pilot Vader is. It should be a case of when he shows up (even in a space battle) the rebels have to retreat. And it looks as if that's what they're doing.

Sure we have, he dang near solo'd both Red and Gold Squadrons on the DS attack. Although yeah, can't wait to see Vader wreck shop in both space and land.

DARTH POWER
Rebels piqued my interest early on because it was essentially marketed as Firefly in the Star Wars universe. A motley crew of misfits and nobodies taking on the monolithic Empire in their own way.

There were some similarities but with the overall plot of the series it was never really like Firefly. Because this series (just from the name) was always going to lead to bigger things.

Sure we have, he dang near solo'd both Red and Gold Squadrons on the DS attack. Although yeah, can't wait to see Vader wreck shop in both space and land.

Yeah but then Solo in the Falcon came and took care of him plus 2 other Tie's.

He was obviously shown as being good, but not to the extent he should be shown. This looks like it will do just that.

|King Joker|
?v=w-6643uGULk

red8
As I said in another thread, I really like Rebels, but I believe the storyline is moving too quickly. I still have high hopes for it and am excited about the next season.

thumb up

ares834
So some massive spoilers pertaining to the Season 2 premiere:

Vader apparently toys with Kanan and Ezra. And, while the manage to escape, it seems to have been a trap to find the Rebel fleet (again). Vader then pretty much single handily takes on the Rebels fleet managing to destroy some fighters and the Command ship. SDs then drop in but the Rebels manage to flee.

And then Ahsoka learns who Vader is. While Vader sends some more Inquisitors after the Rebels

All in all, sounds awesome.

thumb up

A more detailed synopsis can be found here.

DarthAnt66
OMG.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao, Ezra and Kanan Force push Vader. Disgusting.

|King Joker|
****ing awesome that Ahsoka and Vader both find out who each other are by sensing each other's Force signatures. And I hope Ahsoka utterly annihilates the Inquisitors sent after them, I want my baby to get some new, sexy feats!

ALSO REALLY SAD TUA DIED BECAUSE I REALLY LIKED HER.

And, uh, Ezra and Kanan are capable of Force pushing Darth Vader? Lame. At least he gets another potentially great Force feat.

ares834
Lmfao, Ezra and Kanan Force push Vader. Disgusting.

Don't see the problem if they catch him off guard. Plus he then lifts an AT-ST immediately afterwards.

Edit: If they smash through his defenses though, that would be ****ed up.

|King Joker|
Don't see the problem if they catch him off guard. Plus he then lifts an AT-ST immediately afterwards.

Edit: If they smash through his defenses though, that would be ****ed up. It's a problem. I don't care if he's caught off guard THEY ARE PLEBS COMPARED TO VADER THAT IS BLASPHEMY.

ares834
Meh. It happens. As long as it's clear the fight is a one sided stomp I'm happy. thumb up

|King Joker|
Sure, whatever.

I'm looking forward to wanking Ahsoka after this season to God level, though. I know my girl will do well.

The_Tempest
It's really frustrating talking to you these days. I always feel like I have to tip toe or hold back when talking to you because the slightest bit of "aggression" sets you off (seriously, I said you were whining thats mild as hell. learn to have thicker skin asswad) and screaming about how mad I am. Am I the only one who remembers that we used to tease and insult each other constantly? Being an ******* to each other is supposed to be part of being friends. You call each other dicks because they know you don't mean it. Arguing with Ant today was fun and I meant nothing by it and there are no hard feelings. You know, I actually rewrote my oh so aggressive sentences a few posts back because I knew you'd be so sensitive about it and you were anyway. I hate having to do that man, it really sucks.

excellent

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Neph, you're right on all accounts but one. Tempest doesn't whine or get pissed at you when he thinks your "mad." It seems more like it arouses him.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

So some massive spoilers pertaining to the Season 2 premiere:

Vader apparently toys with Kanan and Ezra. And, while the manage to escape, it seems to have been a trap to find the Rebel fleet (again). Vader then pretty much single handily takes on the Rebels fleet managing to destroy some fighters and the Command ship. SDs then drop in but the Rebels manage to flee.

And then Ahsoka learns who Vader is. While Vader sends some more Inquisitors after the Rebels

All in all, sounds awesome.

thumb up

A more detailed synopsis can be found here.

Sounds like they're trying to make the best out of a bad idea; I'll reserve judgment until I see the fight.

DarthAnt66
/watch?v=80ZVdtqdEOE

|King Joker|
https://41.media.tumblr.com/41fc7735292a23521e42425c25cc8d56/tumblr_nn29c9q3hL1u4ha4wo1_540.png

THEY TOOK THE CHIPS OUT!

REXXXX
I feel as though Vader will not feature prominently for the entire season. He'll serve his purpose in pushing the Rebels out of Lothal and hang as a looming threat, but they'll leave most of the villainy to the new Inquisitors.

Otherwise, they'll have to play the game of 'How do we not undervalue Vader?' for 14 episodes.

|King Joker|
Probably, yeah.

DARTH POWER
Well he apparently has a large role in the S2 Pilot.

But yeah I'm sure he'll have a large role every time he shows up, but likely won't show up very often.

NewGuy01
Holy crap it's REXXXX. stick out tongue

REXXXX
It is!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.