The BLACK ORDER vs The Infinity Watch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Thanos has decided that his Black Order would make better caretakers of the gems than his old foes/allies the Infinity Watch, and demands they take over the job. Warlock strongly disagrees. Thanos orders the Order to kill every member of the Watch and take the gems to become the new Infinity Watch:

THE BLACK ORDER:
Ebony Maw
Proxima Midnight
Supergiant
Black Dwarf
Corvus Glaive

vs

THE INFINITY WATCH (classic version, Monster Island era)
Warlock (soul gem)
Gamora (time gem)
Moondragon (mind gem)
Drax the Destroyer (power gem)
Pip (space gem)

Reserve: Maxam

No prep or BFR. Can the Infinity Watch prevail? If they can't, can reserve member Maxam tip the balance?
Note: due to Warlock's restrictions on the gems, any gems taken in battle cannot be used against the remaining Watch members.

Insane Titan
Are the watch only allowed feats they achieved with the gems?

basilisk
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Are the watch only allowed feats they achieved with the gems? Do you mean are they allowed feats others did with the gems? If so then no - they fight at the level they did in Infinity Watch.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by basilisk
Do you mean are they allowed feats others did with the gems? If so then no - they fight at the level they did in Infinity Watch. thumb up yeah that's what I meant.

leonidas
order would take them. be a fun fight to see though.

basilisk
Originally posted by leonidas
order would take them. be a fun fight to see though. I thought it would be interesting. Personally I'd maybe give the Watch an edge just because of Warlock. You have strong guys (Drax and Black Dwarf), telepaths (MD and Supergiant), female fighters (Proxima and Gamora, though Gamora would find it tough here). Then you have the crafty ones - Warlock and Ebony Maw. Corvus and Pip are an odd matchup. Warlock and MD are dangerous because they were competent gem wielders.

With Maxam I think the Watch take it.

leonidas
assuming the match ups went as you say, pip was the weak link here imo. he's crafty at times and runs around, but he's not putting any of these guys down unless we resort to bfr, which he might be able to do (not sure if any of the order to recover themselves or the others from bfr, but i thought i recalled some teleportation by one or some of them.....?) proxima would take out gamora imo. warlock and maw would be a great read. i could actually see maw talking him into returning to the world of the gem. lol

i think if we swapped match ups, the order might seem to have more of an advantage.

regardless, i think this would be a great match to see.

krisblaze
Close call.

Order has an advantage in power, but the Watch has teamwork.

ODG
Originally posted by krisblaze
Close call.

Order has an advantage in power, but the Watch has teamwork. I kinda remember them being quite awful at teamwork.

I'd take the Black Order any day. It's down to Warlock to save their butts.

basilisk
The matchups could definitely go differently and give different advantages, but the strongman and telepath matchups seem likely. And whoever downs an opponent fast is going to be able to help the others. Pip is probably just going to be a useful distraction to one or more opponents until someone can help out.

That said, I think Moondragon w/gem can take down Supergiant, and Drax can take Black Dwarf. And I also think Warlock gives an edge to the Watch - he's powerful, clever, and unpredictable. Proxima is a problem on the other side, and Maw is a strange one.

After more thought I'd still give the Watch a slight majority, and with Maxam a good majority. A pity it's one of those fights that can't happen.

ODG
^ We saw how efficiently Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive took down Hulk. They're probably the most dangerous.

But Ebony Maw is also being overlooked. He'd probably work Drax's impressionable mind over and turn them against the Infinity Watch.

leonidas
maw is my fave of the order....

Insane Titan
Originally posted by ODG
I kinda remember them being quite awful at teamwork.

I'd take the Black Order any day. It's down to Warlock to save their butts. yeah, this is probably true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.