What is Emperor Vitiate's true form?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kYX85dGVWo&t=45m58s

After watching this, what are your thoughts?

Nephthys
Kephess.

Selenial
Inb4 they make him Abeloth or some ****ing ridiculous bull **** like that.

NewGuy01
Nope, his true form is the one the Hero fought. stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
So we thought - guess not.

SunRazer
Isn't his true form just his original body which he had from birth? Now he's just a corrupt essence possessing others.

psmith81992
I don't understand what the issue is. He's a pureblood sith. That is his true form. There's no misunderstanding here.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Also, BioWare said that the Emperor's true species is neither human nor Sith pureblood, and we will later understand the true depth of his origins - or something like that.

inb4 Vitiate is The Son.

psmith81992
When the hell did they say that? He was confirmed to be a pureblood in Revan and SWTOR.

Nephthys
Read the op.

psmith81992
"What if the pureblood isn't his true form"? "Insert eye brow raise". Oh yea, he's totally being serious.

Selenial
Originally posted by psmith81992
"What if the pureblood isn't his true form"? "Insert eye brow raise". Oh yea, he's totally being serious.

Unfortunately I agree. The only thing I got from that interview that was actually serious, was that Vitiates body is likely long gone, and probably was before the Revan Novel too.

psmith81992
I think Revan faced Vitiate's actual true form because he didn't start having "voices" until after the fact. With that said, no idea what the nathema ritual did to his body.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by psmith81992
I think Revan faced Vitiate's actual true form because he didn't start having "voices" until after the fact. With that said, no idea what the nathema ritual did to his body.

Actually, it was stated within the novel that the Emperor's Voice already existed.

FreshestSlice
When was that? I remember Scourge talking about how the Emperor sounded like more than one person. but nothing about the rest of that.

ares834
Yeah, nor do I. SWTOR claims that Vitiate created the Voice because of how close he was to being killed during Revan's attack.

DarthAnt66
Can I get a quote on that?

ares834
Unfortunately, no. Don't have the book with me and I can't find it online. If you have it, I'm fairly certain that if you use the index in the back to search for Revan you should find it. Although, admittedly, I may have twisted it a bit to make it sound better for Revan. stick out tongue

Edit:

Here is the quote which I have taken from Legend:

"The Emperor created his first Voice after the legendary Jedi names (sic) Revan attempted to assassinate him on Dromund Kaas. Though Revan's plot failed, he approached within striking distance of the Emperor. To guard against further vulnerability, the Emperor created the Voice to deliver his orders while distancing himself from the forces that conspired against him. Centuries later, this very safeguard would save the Emperor once more."

DarthAnt66
Awesome thanks!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'll get the quote in the Revan Novel that mentions the voice.

NTJack0
Cthulhu

The Merchant
Probably a really ugly Sith.

Darth Luminous
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'll get the quote in the Revan Novel that mentions the voice.

"Remember that all those who have direct access to the Emperor - the Emperor's Voice, the Emperor's Hand, the soldiers in the Imperial Guard - are under his spell." - page 168

Nephthys
God dammit Drew.....

FreshestSlice
Well considering the way it's presented in game has nothing to do with the context it's presented there, I don't think the way the Voice works in the novel is the same. The Voice would't have direct access to the Emperor, for instance. It would be the Emperor, for all intents and purposes.

psmith81992
Yea every other source states the Voice was created after the Emperor's fight with Revan.

Nephthys
It's just more incompetence from him.

SunRazer
There's actually a fair amount of retconning between Drew's novel and the TOR encyclopedia/TOR game + codex entries. Clearly there wasn't much synergy between the writers of the game and novel, or the SWTOR writers just wanted to retcon everything they could get their hands on, whether it was from previously established EU works or their own multimedia project. lol

Seems like both, tbh. Deceived is the only novel written before the game that actually synergies with post-game information. Most of the Jedi Council members in Fatal Alliance, and some Dark Council members like Darth Howl, as well as characters such as Shigar Konshi and Eldon Ax are just flat-out ignored in the game - the flashpoint where you fight Oric Traless is the first time they actually acknowledged something from Fatal Alliance. Revan had a lot retconned regarding Vitiate and Dromund Kaas (ie. the cause of Dromund Kaas's nexus), and previous EU work.... don't even get me started. The timelines alone had so much wrong information, and they tried to cover it up by claiming that Gnost-Dural's tercentenary historical recordings had inaccuracies.

Darth Luminous
Revan had a lot retconned regarding Vitiate and Dromund Kaas (ie. the cause of Dromund Kaas's nexus)

Interesting... what was the change?

psmith81992
What was retconned exactly

SunRazer
Well, the properties/causes of the nexus of Dromund Kaas, for instance. The Imperial Guard were also retconned - the Revan novel claims that Captain Yarri "was ultimately no match for a Sith Lord", yet the TOR Encyclopedia claims that even the most powerful Sith Lords fear the Imperial Guard, although, to be fair, you could argue for plurality. Vitiate's Voice was retconned too, etc.

Sinious
Originally posted by SunRazer
Well, the properties/causes of the nexus of Dromund Kaas, for instance.

Can you explain?

SunRazer
Revan claims that Dromund Kaas's nexus attracted the Empire and manifested itself as storms, but that was retconned to the storms/nexus being caused by Vitiate's rituals in TOR:E or something. I could be wrong, but Vitiate's rituals weren't confined to the Dark Temple, that's for sure.

Sinious
Revan claims that Dromund Kaas's nexus attracted the Empire and manifested itself as storms, but that was retconned to the storms/nexus being caused by Vitiate's rituals in TOR:E or something. I could be wrong, but Vitiate's rituals weren't confined to the Dark Temple, that's for sure.

It says the storms are a manifestation of the dark side power and it brought them there. It sounds like Drew's also talking about the Emperor no?

SunRazer
No, because the Emperor didn't originally reside there - in other words, he was among the Sith who were attracted there. And then TOR:E claims that Vitiate generated the nexus, despite other sources claiming that it was the reason Vitiate came there.

Sinious
No, because the Emperor didn't originally reside there - in other words, he was among the Sith who were attracted there. And then TOR:E claims that Vitiate generated the nexus, despite other sources claiming that it was the reason Vitiate came there.

Maybe Drew was being vaguely metaphoric? I understand what you mean but it could be interpreted in different ways imo.

SunRazer
I don't see why the Encyclopedia would be metaphoric.

Well, it could be that Vitiate's rituals added to the nexus, but it's honestly more likely that they just overlooked information... again.

Sinious
I don't see why the Encyclopedia would be metaphoric.

I said Drew was being metaphoric.

Possibly. I'm just glad Drew was vague about what he wrote so there is some space left for interpretation that allows us to avoid another direct retcon. rolling on floor laughing

SunRazer
1. lol, I'm dyslexic. Still doubt it, though.

2. They retconned other parts of the book, so it's probably safer to assume it's a retcon. I mean, the amount of times they change information thanks to overlooking it is actually pretty astounding, and even though they're relatively minor edits, they do add up to make quite the mess.

Sinious
1.lol

2. Safe is boring tbh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.