Superman (New 52) vs Superman (pre-Flashpoint)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
For all the marbles!

https://hushcomics.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/superman-unchained-7-bad-ass-panel1-e1404487043800.png

vs

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f9/71/a5/f971a5489e2e05ce548adf98d8b1306f.jpg

leonidas
this is going to be closer i think, than i thought it would be in the forum....

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
this is going to be closer i think, than i thought it would be in the forum....
Same... Gotta admit though, current Clark has produced some beastly stuff in a short span.

leonidas
no doubt. just so damn hard to compete with pre boot supes in sheer NUMBER of feats. imo, i'd take pre boot 5.5/10.

-Pr-
Pre Flashpoint for now, but after the bumps he's had of late, I'm hoping N52 can return to catching up and hopefully overtaking him soon.

carver9
From the looks of it, they will be fighting soon.

abhilegend
Split. DCnU superman is stronger but he doesn't has the sheer toughness of preboot Superman.

"Id"
Superman sings him out of exsistance

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by "Id"
Superman sings him out of exsistance thumb up

h1a8
Preboot is much more experienced with his powers. He can multi-task them with great effectiveness. Preboot has intangibility as well and he is stronger (50 earth weight feats) especially when he let's loose. Finally, Preboot has a much stronger freeze breath that can hold even peers for moments.

shadowknight
I think that N52 SM is stronger, but Pre Flashpoint SM is probably tougher and a better fighter. Fored to choosed I'd take N52 SM because i like him more. But logically it should be stalemate.

iceman24567
Split imo

riv6672
Preboot. Reasons why have been covered.

h1a8
Originally posted by shadowknight
I think that N52 SM is stronger, but Pre Flashpoint SM is probably tougher and a better fighter. Fored to choosed I'd take N52 SM because i like him more. But logically it should be stalemate. pre flash Superman is a lot stronger. Multiple times stronger. He has several feats above 50 earth weights of force. Then you have OWAW superman one shotting probes with ease.

Let's not forget the freeze breath and ability to vibrate intangible.

Horus1
Pfft, this is easy. Superman wins. wink

shadowknight
Originally posted by h1a8
pre flash Superman is a lot stronger. Multiple times stronger. He has several feats above 50 earth weights of force. Then you have OWAW superman one shotting probes with ease.

Let's not forget the freeze breath and ability to vibrate intangible. No, he's not. Then you also have N52 SM ripping Doomsday in half while being drained with no apparent strain.

N52 SM also has freeze breath, while I can't recall N52 SM ever going intangible there's no reason to believe he can't do it also given he's demonstrated all of Pre Flashpoint SM other abilities.

Juntai
Superman wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by shadowknight
No, he's not. Then you also have N52 SM ripping Doomsday in half while being drained with no apparent strain.

N52 SM also has freeze breath, while I can't recall N52 SM ever going intangible there's no reason to believe he can't do it also given he's demonstrated all of Pre Flashpoint SM other abilities.

1 or 2 Earth weights of force is sufficient enough to rip DD in half. Superman was shown straining when he was ripping DD. As far as Pre flash, Think of beyond 50 earth weight of force and this is a different magnitude. Pre flash Superman did something more incredible than ripping DD in half. He destroyed probes in one blow.
Probes are far more durable than that DD on average.

He doesn't know how to become intangible as that takes more than just speed. Also Nu52 freeze breath is vastly weaker than pre flash Superman. Pre flash version can hold his peers in his freeze breath for more than a minute. It was on another level. Then you have Pre flash Superman showing much greater experience and precision with his powers. He is shown multitasking his powers very well.
Finally, Pre flash has demonstrated to be well verse in MA. He has shown mastery of pressure points.

basilisk
Preboot. Their strength levels are both crazy when required, but frankly New 52 Supes is a loser and a disappointment. Preboot is more experienced, has more feats, is a better fighter, tougher, more competent, smarter, and probably has a more powerful version of some of the power set. New Supes has the occasional high momentw where he shows promise, but he isn't really allowed to be 'Superman' any more. He's more like just another super guy.

riv6672
Originally posted by basilisk
Preboot. Their strength levels are both crazy when required, but frankly New 52 Supes is a loser and a disappointment. Preboot is more experienced, has more feats, is a better fighter, tougher, more competent, smarter, and probably has a more powerful version of some of the power set. New Supes has the occasional high momentw where he shows promise, but he isn't really allowed to be 'Superman' any more. He's more like just another super guy.

^^^you mirrored a lot of my feelings on the New52 Superman there...

carver9
He does have a LOT of losses that I can't see happening to Pre Reboot. A lot. Even though he's powerful, I would still give the edge to the one and only.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.