How powerful is Nihilus without his epic force-drain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Who would be the weakest person to beat him?

SunRazer
A lot more powerful than you rate him.

It's kind of hard to tell who would beat him, though, since his saber skills are quite undefined.

Nephthys
The weakest person?

Uh, Yoda? Maybe, that's really debatable. Maybe Tulak Hord.

psmith81992
I don't get it..Nihilus without his drain isn't Nihilus. That's literally all he has and it's ONGOING. That is, it's a 24/7 drain that saps everyone's strength and turns them into mindless slaves. You might as well make a thread on "what what Sidious be without his Force lightning" or "what would Yoda be without his breakdancing in the club fighting style"?

Jmanghan
...Yoda and Tulak Hord would shitstomp him.

His TK may be impressive, but he lost to the Exile.

Seriously, Exile got stomped by Darth Nyriss, WITH HELP!

The only argument you could really make is that Nihilus was overpowered by Visas Marr, and Canderous. By that time, Canderous was WAY past his prime, and Visas Marr, do I need to even say anything??

Or that her being a wound in the force may have changed things in her favor, which can't be proven, all that can be proven is that it makes her virtually invulnerable (seemingly) to Nihilus' drain.

Keep in mind, Meetra died at Scourge level at best, and not even Scourge at his best, just Revan Novel Scourge.

SunRazer
Revan Scourge was approximately equal to Meetra Surik whilst he had the benefits of Dromund Kaas's nexus, which in turn weakened Surik.

Jmanghan
A Nexus is a certain area, not an entire planet.

Jmanghan
That still puts her firmly below Nyriss, as still, if it was the other way around, they still would've lost :/

They were getting humiliated like insects in comparison to Nyriss, seriously.

SunRazer
It's confirmed the entirety of Dromund Kaas is a nexus.

And of course if it was the other way around they would've lost. Surik being amped and Scourge being hindered doesn't make a gaping difference to Scourge being amped and Surik weakened, my friend.

Jmanghan
I've only listened to the Revan audiobook once.

carthage
I wonder if Nyriss could've replicated her feat off of DK. Scourge sucks ass in that novel, but assuming she's deprived of her amp the fight at least should've been a little harder for her to win. Damn Karpashyn and his love of nexus feats

DarthAnt66
Nihilus was destroying the Exile and her team, even despite being severely weakened. He lost due to the severing of the bond between Visas and him, to be honest.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Jmanghan
...Yoda and Tulak Hord would shitstomp him.

His TK may be impressive, but he lost to the Exile.

Seriously, Exile got stomped by Darth Nyriss, WITH HELP!

The only argument you could really make is that Nihilus was overpowered by Visas Marr, and Canderous. By that time, Canderous was WAY past his prime, and Visas Marr, do I need to even say anything??

Or that her being a wound in the force may have changed things in her favor, which can't be proven, all that can be proven is that it makes her virtually invulnerable (seemingly) to Nihilus' drain.

Keep in mind, Meetra died at Scourge level at best, and not even Scourge at his best, just Revan Novel Scourge.

Nah Nihilus who was severely weakened lost to the Exile, attempting to drain Meetra weakened him as did Visas drawing on her connection with him. Nihilus without drain TKed his entire goddamned fleet from orbit and held the Ravager together with pure willpower. He's a monster. Easily Vitiate level even without his Gigadrain.

Darth Abonis
Obi-Juan

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nihilus was destroying the Exile and her team, even despite being severely weakened. He lost due to the severing of the bond between Visas and him, to be honest.
And him consuming himself. thumb up
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Nah Nihilus who was severely weakened lost to the Exile, attempting to drain Meetra weakened him as did Visas drawing on her connection with him. Nihilus without drain TKed his entire goddamned fleet from orbit and held the Ravager together with pure willpower. He's a monster. Easily Vitiate level even without his Gigadrain.
And this.

DarthAnt66
"He... is too powerful... he... I... cannot hold him for long..."
―Visas Marr (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords)

"Get away from me - I don't need your help. Just leave me here."
―Canderous Ordo (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords)
---
Description of the battle:

"A scene where the players are approaching Nihilus from behind, he doesn't even turn around as they advance down the bridge. Nihilus turns, raises his hand, and the entire party is raised into the air, similar to Force Crush. He speaks, his voice roaring, and the player should realize that Nihilus is far more powerful than they had believed. Nihilus lets player fall and get to her feet. Nihilus walks over to the player. Player kneels. As Nihilus reaches out with his power, he drains the player with vampiric energy, and then suddenly reels back, collapsing on the ground. Nihilus roars, ignites his lightsaber. Battle!

When Nihilus takes half-damage, he roars, blasting the player and any companions back across the bridge with an effect similar to the Force Wave power. Nihilus lets the player fall, yet Visas still rotates. There is silence - Nihilus has suddenly realized that Visas has changed. Visas still lies suspended in the air. Nihilus turns to face the player, who should be getting to his feet. Nihilus roars, hurling Visas across the room. Close-up on Nihilus, his voice roaring as power emanates from him."
―Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords (Cut Content)

Trocity
Anyone have a good respect thread for Nihilus?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Jmanghan
A Nexus is a certain area, not an entire planet.
thumb up

Revanchiste
He is powerfull but without drain he kinda..... Loose his power and die....

So without his drain he is pretty weak, because like the end in MGS 3 all you have to do is wait 1 weakn until he die and put the console on.

Or just wait 3 days he will be weak enough to be kills at lvl 10.....

Col. Valerian
He only lost to Surik because his Force powers were significantly weakened after his bond with Visas got broken and after he attempted to drain a wound in the Force. The only thing we don't have any knowledge of is his skill as a duelist. Other than that, he's a powerhouse who not only has a stomping massive drain but also a TK equaled by few in the mythos.

NewGuy01
Nihilus' power rivals the Ancient Sith, and going by the showing on Malachor he was like the Nox to Traya's Thanaton tbh. Who's the weakest guy who could beat him? I don't even know, really; kinda curious as to whether or not Nihilus has any aptitude with his lightsaber tbh.

Stigma
I'd say Maul can take him.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Stigma
I'd say Maul can take him.

Stare into my signature and change your mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.