life consiousness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Genesis-Soldier
what creates this consiousness we call life

is it created by a divine power?

are our bodies formed within the womb then are given a small electrical charge to power our bio-robotic parts?

is this reality around us even real? are we even experiencing "life"?

Mindship
mass:gravity::complexity:consciousness

Spawningpool
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
what creates this consiousness we call life

are our bodies formed within the womb then are given a small electrical charge to power our bio-robotic parts?

What shit are you smoking? Cause I want in

Shakyamunison
what creates this consiousness we call life...

Information! Consciousness is what information feels like.

What is "divine power"?

I think in terms of emerge rather then create.

Life is an unbroken chain. Yes, our bodies are bio-robotic like, but reality goes further then that. We have no free will. We are like characters in a movie. We will always make the same choices under the same circumstances.

This is unknown. The true nature of reality is out there, but rather we humans can every understand it, is yet to be seen.

Genesis-Soldier
but we can only understand so much before we reach our individual limits

Genesis-Soldier
our infomation is limited, we have some control of what we take in but it is limited. is that what our conciousness is left to, a limited amount of data when there is a wealth of knowledge to be understood and preserved within our cells

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by Mindship
mass:gravity::complexity:consciousness

bio organic complexity or the idea of complexity itself. what gives "life" to this complexity. what allows us to start taking in infomation?

Revanchiste

Genesis-Soldier
thats alot to think about but makes total sense

Mindship
bio organic complexity or the idea of complexity itself. Complexity itself, which (as far as we currently know) peaks with life forms, especially the human brain. It will be interesting to see what happens as we approach the artificial intelligence "singularity."

what gives "life" to this complexity. what allows us to start taking in infomation? That's the $64,000 question. Life is an emergent quality. The reductive-materialist paradigm sees it arising from matter: an inevitable consequence of our spacetime's set of physical laws. Our particular universe is bio-friendly, so to speak, and Life, by definition, is a condition which makes use of information to deliberately make more of itself.

The holistic-transcendent view sees Life arising through matter, through (and 'shaped' by) our universe's physical laws, ultimately arising from (here we go) ... God / Infinite Consciousness / Pure Being / The Absolute / (essentially, insert your preferred term here).

IMO, your question is basically a nuanced form of the general inquiry, "Does God exist?" And there ain't no simple answers. huh

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by Mindship
Complexity itself, which (as far as we currently know) peaks with life forms, especially the human brain. It will be interesting to see what happens as we approach the artificial intelligence "singularity."

That's the $64,000 question. Life is an emergent quality. The reductive-materialist paradigm sees it arising from matter: an inevitable consequence of our spacetime's set of physical laws. Our particular universe is bio-friendly, so to speak, and Life, by definition, is a condition which makes use of information to deliberately make more of itself.

The holistic-transcendent view sees Life arising through matter, through (and 'shaped' by) our universe's physical laws, ultimately arising from (here we go) ... God / Infinite Consciousness / Pure Being / The Absolute / (essentially, insert your preferred term here).

IMO, your question is basically a nuanced form of the general inquiry, "Does God exist?" And there ain't no simple answers. huh

in one perspective this is an extention of does god exist but i want to know what consiousness is ( thank you for answering that by the way) and what starts it/ what gives us our first breath, our first thought

Mindship
in one perspective this is an extention of does god exist but i want to know what consiousness is ( thank you for answering that by the way) and what starts it/ what gives us our first breath, our first thought I wouldn't say I've answered the question of what consciousness actually 'is' (otherwise, I'd have a Nobel Prize on my mantle, and I don't even have a mantle), but more of how it's regarded from a mystical/spiritual perspective as well as from a strictly empirical POV (and Shakyamunison's "Consciousness is what information feels like," has a nice ring to it, too).

Ultimately, if you really want to understand consciousness, directly, first-hand ... meditate.

Bentley
Consiousness is linear time. Both are processes of sensibility.

Genesis-Soldier
thats it?

i mean yeah i can understand a little of that but there must be more to it

Bentley
thats it?

i mean yeah i can understand a little of that but there must be more to it

I don't see why that seems so little, sensibility is a huge problem when it comes to our universe, even as a tiny shard of that puzzle consiousness remains puzzling and mysterious.

Genesis-Soldier
i guess it is just my understanding of the matter.

if i dont really understand something i post a statement about the idea or element and watch you guys debate about it, it can teach me alot

Wonder Man
Seeing as we are comprised of 75% water and water splashes tend to wake us up and God said; "I will let you drink from the living water."
Water may have something big to do with it.

Genesis-Soldier
i will let you drink from the living water... cannibalism perspective ?

cdtm
A little thought exercise:

If we accept life is random, with no "intelligent design", what are the odds against you existing?

Starting from a specific sperm and egg meeting, out of a single batch. Produced at a single moment.

I mean, what if your mom just wasn't in the mood that day? What if they were just a few hours late with the honeymoon?

And that doesn't take into account THEIR folks, and so on and so forth.

What are the odds against?

Adam_PoE
Zero, because you are here.

cdtm

Wonder Man
Life Consiousness derives from good sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.