Dr. Doom Vs The Maker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Current versions of both.

1. Straight up battle.
2. Each gets a week worth of prep.

GO!

zopzop
Reed > Doom.

Galan007
1.) Doom
2.) Maker

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
1.) Doom
2.) Maker

Who do you think is the closest in the DCU to Maker? I'd say true Brainiac. guy has some awesome tech, too.

"Id"
Alex Luther

Golgo13
I was thinking about him, too. Alex/Maker would be an excellent showdown.

Galan007
Take 616 Reed, give him a remorseless/emotionless demeanor, the drive to accomplish his goals at any cost, and 1,000 years to expand his intellect/technology. That is what/who The Maker is. SW #1 pretty much solidified that even the top minds of 616 pale in comparison to him.

I believe he is in a class of his own, tbh.

Branlor Swift
Galactus

That's about it

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
I was thinking about him, too. Alex/Maker would be an excellent showdown. Wasnt he killed by the joker ?

laughing out loud

GTFO.

Golgo13
Take 616 Reed, give him a remorseless/emotionless demeanor, the drive to accomplish his goals at any cost, and 1,000 years to expand his intellect/technology. That is what/who The Maker is. SW #1 pretty much solidified that even the top minds of 616 pale in comparison to him.

I believe he is in a class of his own, tbh.

We'll see when Doom rips his head off. stick out tongue

Galan007
Obviously The Maker will eventually be beaten *somehow*. But as of right now, he's clearly so far beyond everyone else that it's hard to even grasp.

Branlor Swift
I'm curious if Thanos will ever actually show he's smart under Hickman. This issue showed hints of it kind of.

Though I have my doubts seeing as Thanos just seems to be a background character in this whole thing.

Galan007
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I'm curious if Thanos will ever actually show he's smart under Hickman. This issue showed hints of it kind of.

Though I have my doubts seeing as Thanos just seems to be a background character in this whole thing. Maybe he'll play the role of a background villain throughout the event, then swoop in when the time is right and overtake The Maker..?

...But then again: "All hope lies in Doom." Meh.

Branlor Swift
I don't think Hickman likes Thanos at all. He'll probably just be brutish background villain throughout the whole thing.

Though if he showed some intelligence at all while being so I wouldn't be complaining. I just hope he doesn't get the shit kicked out of him while being a dumb background villain and I hope when he fights Namor, Namor doesn't put up a fight. That's all I want. Really it seems nothing would change at all if he weren't there. Though that IG mini and all...

Doom Beyonder Reed I'm guessing.

Mindset

I believe he is in a class of his own, tbh. I hope you've accomplished all you wanted in this life.

Galan007
I don't think Hickman likes Thanos at all. He'll probably just be brutish background villain throughout the whole thing.

Though if he showed some intelligence at all while being so I wouldn't be complaining. I just hope he doesn't get the shit kicked out of him while being a dumb background villain and I hope when he fights Namor, Namor doesn't put up a fight. That's all I want. Really it seems nothing would change at all if he weren't there. Though that IG mini and all...

Doom Beyonder Reed I'm guessing. Yeah, it is strange how Hickman writes Thanos as more of a h2h brawler, than a cunning universal mastermind like we're used to. Granted he's still mega-powerful, but we haven't seen too much of his raw intellect yet. Regardless, I have a strong feeling that Thanos will rebel against Maker at some point--no one controls Thanos, but Thanos. And when/if that happens, hopefully ALL parties(except Namor, obviously--he's just terrible) are given their just deserts.

Like I said: Maker is being written as completely untouchable, atm. As much as I'd like it to, that won't last forever. *Someone* is likely to overthrow him.

Originally posted by Mindset
I hope you've accomplished all you wanted in this life. Don't worry, I'm sure Doom will still win the war. Hickman seems to have a massive, pant-ripping hardon for him. thumb up

Branlor Swift
My ideal scenario is that Beyonder is too much to handle or something, and then they call upon Future Frank or Galactus and Beyonder just gets smote.

Or Beyonder just gets blown off the map as soon as he appears. Maker, Doom, Thanos, whoever. Doesn't matter at this point.

On another note, curious if those cubes Molecule Man was playing with are actual Cosmic Cubes or just him playing with matter. Seems the latter

Golgo13
It would be cool if Space Punisher snipes him and that would be that.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Golgo13
It would be cool if Space Punisher snipes him and that would be that. I was just thinking about him for whatever reason the other day when I was trying to sleep.

Mungi, you're alright in my books.

Galan007
My ideal scenario is that Beyonder is too much to handle or something, and then they call upon Future Frank or Galactus and Beyonder just gets smote.

Or Beyonder just gets blown off the map as soon as he appears. Maker, Doom, Thanos, whoever. Doesn't matter at this point.

On another note, curious if those cubes Molecule Man was playing with are actual Cosmic Cubes or just him playing with matter. Seems the latter Or Hawkeye attaches Doom's Owen-busting knife to an arrow, and shoots Beyonder in the chest with it. thumb up

I'm thinking the latter, too. Seems unlikely that a guy with only universal power could sit there and whimsically create dozens of CCUs for the lulz.

Mindset
Or Hawkeye attaches Doom's Owen-busting knife to an arrow, and shoots Beyonder in the chest with it. thumb up

I'm thinking the latter, too. Seems unlikely that a guy with only universal power could sit there and whimsically create dozens of CCUs for the lulz. Doom transforms Jeremy Renner into a bow and shoots IF through Beyonder.

Galan007
In all likelihood, the knife Doom has been using IS IF. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.