Batman vs Cyclops, Punisher, & Hawkeye(Barton)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
This is a hand to hand fight only no weapons just their them in there outfits, can these three beat Batman(Bruce) in hand to hand combat?

Stoic
No, they can't. Whether it be 1 or 10 of them, they aren't at his level of combat ability. He dusts them, and does it pretty fast.

StiltmanFTW
As good as Batsie is, these three are too much.

"I lasted a panel against Shen Kuei while preoccupied with Deadpool" Cyclops, God of Punishment and Bendispower Clint. They eat NuBat alive.

-Pr-
People consider that Cyclops' best h2h feat now? Not fighting half a dozen guys blind?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Batman,he will easily beat them. The last one falling will be Punisher because of his damage soak.

sadwqecqw
Batman with ease

carver9
Batman but not easily

Juk3n
Team.

We're assuming these guys over the years havn't come up against Tippy Top A-list martial artists over their careers. Cyclops has been fighting wars for decades, he's not being dispatched as easily as people think. We know the company Barton keeps and has been keeping for the past decade+ and Punisher has hung with Daredevil and Wolverine, is more brutal than batman, is dirtier, can take more damage and isn't so bad at the h2h stuff himself. Batman isn't showing these guys anything new. Id give him the edge against Cyclops + Clint, but Punisher and ANY competent partner would win more often than not, Punisher + 2 vet martial arts masters and combat adepts..no dice for Bats.

sadwqecqw
Originally posted by Juk3n
Team.

We're assuming these guys over the years havn't come up against Tippy Top A-list martial artists over their careers. Cyclops has been fighting wars for decades, he's not being dispatched as easily as people think. We know the company Barton keeps and has been keeping for the past decade+ and Punisher has hung with Daredevil and Wolverine, is more brutal than batman, is dirtier, can take more damage and isn't so bad at the h2h stuff himself. Batman isn't showing these guys anything new. Id give him the edge against Cyclops + Clint, but Punisher and ANY competent partner would win more often than not, Punisher + 2 vet martial arts masters and combat adepts..no dice for Bats.

laughing out loud

One_Angry_Scot
Cyclops in a battle like this right now is unfair considering what just happened in Secret Wars.

Unless that version isn't being used.

abhilegend
Batman beats the shit out of these chumps. Originally posted by Juk3n
Team.

Nope.

Batman beats the shit out of them.

deathslash
Batman kills cyclops and Clint and Frank thank and reward him.

shadowknight
Batman wins at least 7/10

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Cyclops in a battle like this right now is unfair considering what just happened in Secret Wars.

Unless that version isn't being used.

Thought he lost that amp during the end?

One_Angry_Scot
This was the only panel he appeared in, (receiving the amp I mean. He appeared outside of that).

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/23071337_Secret_Wars_2015-_001-028.jpg

It wasn't mentioned him losing the amp at all.

carver9
Yeah...I don't know why I took that scene as him losing said amp. I guess because he doesn't have the powered up look. Oh well. I agree with your assessment. Nothing was shown of him losing said amp.

DarkSaint85
Bit premature to be using him though, right?

I mean, we all take the piss outta Golgo for making premature threads based on single panels/issues...

sadwqecqw
Also Batman has a better damage soak than Castle does, the only reason why Castle appears to have a better damage soak is because he gets beaten on a more routine basis.

Batman beat Ra's al Ghul while suffering from radiation poisoning, and while being engulfed in flames, and after getting impaled in the chest with a shovel.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Bit premature to be using him though, right?

I mean, we all take the piss outta Golgo for making premature threads based on single panels/issues...

Guess so, but I presumed this was in effect the same type of power as his time when he was part of the Phoenix Five. I may be wrong though.

Henry_Pym
Team wins, non are horrible fighters and Frank can take the beating until the team drops Batman.

relentless1
IIRC Batman KOed Punisher when they met and Nu Batman is actually stronger than the old one, Bats stomps all three; welcome to pressure point city bitches

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by relentless1
IIRC Batman KOed Punisher when they met and Nu Batman is actually stronger than the old one, Bats stomps all three; welcome to pressure point city bitches

He's not gonna have a ghost of a chance against current Cyclops.

Henry_Pym
IIRC Batman KOed Punisher when they met and Nu Batman is actually stronger than the old one, Bats stomps all three; welcome to pressure point city bitches none of the crossovers are used on this forum (dubious canon). Frank alone looses to Batman but if he just distracts Bruce for a split second Clint can end this. The forum seems to under rate Ronin.

ODG
Punisher can fight Daredevil on Murdock's best day.

Batman is certainly more skilled than any of these three. But this isn't a contest of skill. It's a fight. Batman's not taking a majority here. Few would.

sadwqecqw
IIRC Batman KOed Punisher when they met and Nu Batman is actually stronger than the old one, Bats stomps all three; welcome to pressure point city bitches Crossover....really? Don't get me wrong, Batman destroys these 3 but I hardly consider that Avengers/JLU crossover a good reason

More so that Batman could casually one shot any of these 3 with pressure points, Punisher in particular has already shown that he has no defense against pressure points.

ODG
^ Daredevil has used pressure points on Punisher before and that was hardly the end of the fight.

golem370
It not just fighting skills that win a fight, Batman is fighting two heros who have tons training and a desire to fight till the end and Punisher has that near quit way about him too with a more ruthless streetfight experience of fighting.

sadwqecqw
Originally posted by golem370
It not just fighting skills that win a fight, Batman is fighting two heros who have tons training and a desire to fight till the end and Punisher has that near quit way about him too with a more ruthless streetfight experience of fighting. Tons of training and quality of training are 2 different things. None of these characters have the either the physical stats or the training or skill to contend here, the only argument that can be made is the numbers game and that rapidly diminishes once Batman starts dropping them with pressure points, which is exactly what's going to happen.

For this team to win, they'd have to do enough damage before Batman drops one of them, which isn't going to happen and then it becomes a 2 on 1 fight, that numbers advantage doesn't last long enough to favor the team.

Henry_Pym
Lol... Far stronger characters have had issue dropping Frank and arguably Clint is in the same tier skill wise as bruce.

relentless1
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Clint is in the same tier skill wise as bruce.

laughing out loud

wuleecat
laughing out loud

That is mental. Just mental.

Mindset
Team wins.

sadwqecqw
laughing out loud I know, I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that

You know that Batman wins when someone's argument is as asinine as Hawkeye being as skilled as Batman.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ODG
^ Daredevil has used pressure points on Punisher before and that was hardly the end of the fight.

True, I remember that mini-series.

golem370
training by people like Captain America, Wolverine and who knows who else Iron Fist, Shang-chi Mantis could have trained two of these guys. It would be hard for a pressure point attack while the other two are kicking his ass.

sadwqecqw
Originally posted by golem370
training by people like Captain America, Wolverine and who knows who else Iron Fist, Shang-chi Mantis could have trained two of these guys. It would be hard for a pressure point attack while the other two are kicking his ass. laughing out loud as if pressure points are a sub routine or a drawn out process, it only takes a simple touch to disable them. Batman is capable of dropping someone completely by tapping them on the fore head, something he can easily do to any of these guys before the fight gets out of hand.,

StiltmanFTW
Simple touch to one area, that not necessarily can incapacitate completely.

Stop the super-wanking.

sadwqecqw
Now ignoring the massive skill disadvantage, none of these 3 can keep up with Batman physically either

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111162446/3813904-7945338445-batsu.jpg

Batman is able to blitz the living sh*t out of Black Lightning, Major Force and Katana at the same time before any of them can react, he'll be landing hits and pressure points faster than any of these 3 can react.

StiltmanFTW
Lightning and Katana were massively holding back. Like Stewart and Power Girl. You'd know that if you read that short story.

sadwqecqw
how do you hold back your reflexes? reflexes and dodging aren't a sub routine, you don't just magically turn them on and off.

StiltmanFTW
They were doing all they could to fail, that's how.

sadwqecqw
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They were doing all they could to fail, that's how.
laughing out loud dafuq did I just read? Doing all they could to fail? They were ordered to apprehend them after Grodd and Nightshade got creamed.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by sadwqecqw
laughing out loud dafuq did I just read? Doing all they could to fail? They were ordered to apprehend them after Grodd and Nightshade got creamed.

They did NOT listen to orders. Simple.

StiltmanFTW
Read the comic, for ****'s sake. Before Pr skins you alive.

sadwqecqw
They did NOT listen to orders. Simple. which has what to do with their reaction speed exactly? Oh yeah, nothing. that's what we call reaching.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by sadwqecqw
which has what to do with their reaction speed exactly? Oh yeah, nothing. that's what we call reaching.

Oh, yeah. Everything. They wanted to get their ass handed to them.

Again, read the comic. Then comment.

sadwqecqw
i mean i'm just drawing a blank here, did katana and lightning say

"ok were not going to listen to orders but why don't we let batman kick our asses anyway, it's like we can you know...dodge"

actually that story was written by loeb so that wouldn't surprise me

sadwqecqw
Oh, yeah. Everything. They wanted to get their ass handed to them.

Again, read the comic. Then comment. lol no they didn't, i'm reading the trade paperback right now and i haven't seen anything that remotely suggest that

dat reaching

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by wuleecat
That is mental. Just mental. Clint doesn't have Bruce's stats or his belt but he has shown top tier skills with arguably every weapon from throwing stars to sword & board. His time as Ronin is overlooked and Bendis's Clint has been insane.

golem370
In this fight Batman also doesn't have his belt either.

abhilegend
Clint doesn't have Bruce's stats or his belt but he has shown top tier skills with arguably every weapon from throwing stars to sword & board. His time as Ronin is overlooked and Bendis's Clint has been insane.
Haha, what? In what world Hawkeye is even in the same league as Bruce in skills? Heck, I wouldn't put Punisher in his league and Frank shitstomps Clint in skills.

Batman is in the league of truly elite street heroes like Captain America, Daredevil, Elektra, Iron Fist etc.

-Pr-
Clint doesn't have Bruce's stats or his belt but he has shown top tier skills with arguably every weapon from throwing stars to sword & board. His time as Ronin is overlooked and Bendis's Clint has been insane.

I don't think his time as Ronin is as much overlooked as it is just not considered to have him be on the same level as someone like Bruce. He's a great fighter, but I wouldn't call him top tier, personally.

relentless1
Batman >>Punisher>>Hawkeye>Cyclops

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think his time as Ronin is as much overlooked as it is just not considered to have him be on the same level as someone like Bruce. He's a great fighter, but I wouldn't call him top tier, personally. He did a number on Bulseye & Daken at the same time. That's pretty dang good for any peak human, and I'd argue he's not really peak human. So it would indicate very high skill, no?

We can agree to disagree.

-Pr-
He did a number on Bulseye & Daken at the same time. That's pretty dang good for any peak human, and I'd argue he's not really peak human. So it would indicate very high skill, no?

We can agree to disagree.

I'm not saying he doesn't have nice feats. He does. I just don't think they're at a consistently high enough level to warrant putting him in the same bracket as the top guys.

Just imo.

krisblaze
I think that's their intention though.

It's not like he was a slouch in the old Avengers days either.

He ain't Cap, but I wouldn't put him below Punisher.

-Pr-
It very well could be their intention. Writer intent still has to be backed up by consistent feats, though. At least on here anyway.

krisblaze
It very well could be their intention. Writer intent still has to be backed up by consistent feats, though. At least on here anyway.

Yeah, but it's been consistent for over 7 years though.

Secret Invasion was a long time ago now stick out tongue

-Pr-
Originally posted by krisblaze
Yeah, but it's been consistent for over 7 years though.

Secret Invasion was a long time ago now stick out tongue

I've read Hawkeye sporadically over the last few years. Has he really had that many top tier feats in that time?

krisblaze
I've read Hawkeye sporadically over the last few years. Has he really had that many top tier feats in that time?
Well, what do you consider a top-tier feat?

I might have to revisit some comics.

-Pr-
Well, what do you consider a top-tier feat?

I might have to revisit some comics.

Him being shown on a consistent h2h level with the likes of Batman, DD etc.

The difference between the odd, high outlier and actual, "this is the level he's at now" stuff.

krisblaze

The difference between the odd, high outlier and actual, "this is the level he's at now" stuff.

Well, he was wrecking Black Widow in Secret Avengers, but I can't remember if that was with his bow or not.

-Pr-
Well, he was wrecking Black Widow in Secret Avengers, but I can't remember if that was with his bow or not.

That would be impressive.

readbook
Lightning and Katana were massively holding back. Like Stewart and Power Girl. You'd know that if you read that short story. Actually you're wrong

After the fight Batman and Superman took Power Girl and Katana with them, they took Katana to look for Toyman (Hiro) Batman explained that the meteor would take out Japan and Katana said after they take care of the meteor she'd come back after Batman for the charges brought against him

The only one that was holding back was Power Girl who was spying on Luthor for them

In other words, you're wrong,

StiltmanFTW
No.

Eteninajs
I know you hate it when DC characters beat Marvel characters, but you've been proven wrong, accept it and move on.

StiltmanFTW
For every post you're going to make a new sock account?

All you've proven is that you didn't read the comic smile

Eteninajs
For every post you're going to make a new sock account?

All you've proven is that you didn't read the comic smile

Except that I did, it was in the scene when they got to Japan, you on the other hand haven't, there is literally nothing in the story to suggest that they wanted to get their faces kicked in, it's OK though, I know it hurts to have Batman beat your precious Marvel characters, so you resort to making things up erm

StiltmanFTW
Read the book smile

The only ones that fought to win were Cap, MF and Starfire. Cap because of his sense of duty, MF because he's a psycho and SF 'cause she got lied to.

Eteninajs
Read the book smile

The only ones that fought to win were Cap, MF and Starfire. Cap because of his sense of duty, MF because he's a psycho and SF 'cause she got lied to. Read the book smile

Katana stated when they got to Japan that the asteroid was a higher priority and Batman stated "For now we share the same goal" and she only decided to work with them AFTER the fight, AFTER Batman knocked her out and took her with them.

It's true that they were ordered to capture them, but no where does it state or even remotely imply

"They wanted to get their ass handed to them."

No one voluntary gets their face kicked in and KO'd or electrocuted, they would of avoided the attacks if they could, Batman was just too fast.

In other words, you made that shit up

Stay salty my friend

Eteninajs
Anyway after Punisher and Hawkeye get blitzed into oblivion, Cyclops will do the smart thing and run for the hills before suffering the same fate.

Sin I AM
Team wins, Bruce tries his best though

Henry_Pym

The difference between the odd, high outlier and actual, "this is the level he's at now" stuff. he isn't on their level physically though.

It's kinda like saying Thing isn't as skilled as Hulk, because he can't compete with him. (Obviously more of a stat gap here, but I'm illustrating my point)

-Pr-
he isn't on their level physically though.

It's kinda like saying Thing isn't as skilled as Hulk, because he can't compete with him. (Obviously more of a stat gap here, but I'm illustrating my point)

So you think any gap between Batman's level and Hawkeye's is a physical gap, not a skill one?

Henry_Pym
So you think any gap between Batman's level and Hawkeye's is a physical gap, not a skill one? very much so. Hawkeye has solid feats physically but he is lacking consistent feats of hanging with peak humans like DD, WS & the like.

Punisher I'd say is the opposite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.