Superman heat vision vs Thor lightning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which one is more powerful based off showings?

DarkSaint85
*cue showings of Superman restarting the Big Bang or whatever*

Mindset
Abhi, I summon you.

h1a8
Superman's hv imo. It doesn't have a lot of feats because Superman holds back.
Here are a couple of examples.
1. In DOS, Superman poured hv on DD with absolutely no effect. But the last few pages where Superman stop holding back, he actually started to significantly effect DD with hv (when the whole team had zero effect).
2. Superman with all his might couldn't effect probes with hv. But when he dropped his mental blocks he was shown one shotting them with hv.

Insane Titan
Thors lighting, hands down

quanchi112
Thor.

sadwqecqw
Superman

quanchi112
Originally posted by sadwqecqw
Superman Based on ?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Which one is more powerful based off showings?

Another bait and switch to get Thor and Supeman fans riled up?

How about both get Hulk's teeth knocked out. laughing

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

Wait. How is this a bait and switch? shrug

carver9

Lol...huh? How is this a bait thread? I can't use Hulk because he doesn't shoot blasts out of his eyes or mouth. This thread is legit.

celeyhyga17
Lol...huh? How is this a bait thread? I can't use Hulk because he doesn't shoot blasts out of his eyes or mouth. This thread is legit.
thumb up

Not sure why he's crying about it. It's fine for peeps to get riled up. It's a vs forum for crying out loud. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

That is some pu$$y @$$ shiet... Bunch of soft beetches in here

Time Immemorial

Obviously Thor has more powerful showings with his lightning, thats one of his main weapons...

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up

Not sure why he's crying about it. It's fine for peeps to get riled up. It's a vs forum for crying out loud. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Lol, look who's crying, wasn't even talking to you. Do you understand quotes.. Cry about it too.

carver9
thumb up

laughing out loud

thumb up

celeyhyga17
Lol, look who's crying, wasn't even talking to you. Do you understand quotes.. Cry about it too.
See now we're having fun.

thumb up

abhilegend
Superman. Both have some absurd feats though.

Mindset
What about Superman's lightning vision?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman. Both have some absurd feats though.
I'll take Thor.. Slight edge.
Surprise surprise.. stick out tongue

What hv feats can change my opinion?

Surtur
I have no idea whose is better, but I will note that for all the people saying Thor wins didn't actually provide any feats for Thor and his lightning.

As for Supes, depends on the version. PC Supes could seal holes in the very fabric of creation with his HV. So that version..his HV is superior to Thor's lightning by an utterly massive degree. Of course PC Supes is all around massively superior to Thor so that isn't much of a surprise.

We also have post crisis Supermans heat vision at one point hurting someone whom Supergirl flat out failed to hurt with heat vision. This was actually another example of him dropping his mental blocks. Since Supes had the first encounter with the guy(Blackrock I think), his HV did not work. Supergirl tries, her HV fails. Then Supes gets pissed and his HV works.

I'll give a shout out to the HV of Superman from the Justice League Cartoon. The incarnation is nowhere near as powerful as his comic versions, but it was still bad ass to see him using HV potent enough to go right through Darkseid..and HV potent enough to lobotomize Doomsday, who was a lot more durable then Supes.

DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123129/3437533-1354743023-26441.jpg

Mindset
All that is saying is that he used heat to speed up the rate of rxn.

Am I missing something?

Surtur
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who 100% knows what the hell is going on in that scan. It almost seems like even the characters aren't really sure and so they are just throwing out any type of jargon that sounds scientific. I'm surprised there was no mention of reversing the polarity of something.

The look on Robins face as he says "of course" says it all. In reality he is saying "I don't know what the f*ck you are talking about, but I'm going to just agree with you".

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
All that is saying is that he used heat to speed up the rate of rxn.

Am I missing something?

Yes.

Superman's Heat Vision is as cold as a black hole.

Mindset
Originally posted by Surtur
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who 100% knows what the hell is going on in that scan. It almost seems like even the characters aren't really sure and so they are just throwing out any type of jargon that sounds scientific. I'm surprised there was no mention of reversing the polarity of something. Well, it doesn't make sense, so you're probably right.

abhilegend
I'll take Thor.. Slight edge.
Surprise surprise.. stick out tongue

What hv feats can change my opinion?
Superman oneshotting Despero with it.

Khazra Reborn
Pretty even IMO.

abhilegend
I have no idea whose is better, but I will note that for all the people saying Thor wins didn't actually provide any feats for Thor and his lightning.

As for Supes, depends on the version. PC Supes could seal holes in the very fabric of creation with his HV. So that version..his HV is superior to Thor's lightning by an utterly massive degree. Of course PC Supes is all around massively superior to Thor so that isn't much of a surprise.

We also have post crisis Supermans heat vision at one point hurting someone whom Supergirl flat out failed to hurt with heat vision. This was actually another example of him dropping his mental blocks. Since Supes had the first encounter with the guy(Blackrock I think), his HV did not work. Supergirl tries, her HV fails. Then Supes gets pissed and his HV works.

I'll give a shout out to the HV of Superman from the Justice League Cartoon. The incarnation is nowhere near as powerful as his comic versions, but it was still bad ass to see him using HV potent enough to go right through Darkseid..and HV potent enough to lobotomize Doomsday, who was a lot more durable then Supes.
Even post crisis Superman has sealed holes in reality with HV.

Mindset

The look on Robins face as he says "of course" says it all. In reality he is saying "I don't know what the f*ck you are talking about, but I'm going to just agree with you". Sounds like me in class.

abhilegend
He has also used it to power planet moving engines of Krypton under a red sun. Mind you Krypton was Jupiter sized planet.

quanchi112
Still Thor.

celeyhyga17
Superman oneshotting Despero with it.
yawn

quanchi112
yawn Abhi continues to highlight highs only and ignore the consistent portrayals.

shadowknight
SM can Heat up the whole planet that tops anything Thor can do.

carver9
Non amped fts for either please.

quanchi112
Originally posted by shadowknight
SM can Heat up the whole planet that tops anything Thor can do. Bs.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by quanchi112
Abhi continues to highlight highs only and ignore the consistent portrayals.
Wait. Isn't that what we're doing here? I mean I don't expect him to say hv can melt hand guns. Same reason I wouldn't bring up Thor's lightning cauterizing wounds. Not really the greatest showings for both..

abhilegend
yawn
Superman powering a portion of big bang with it.

#Gotem

celeyhyga17
Superman powering a portion of big bang with it.

#Gotem
Lol.. I like how you've moved from "1/4" to
"a portion". laughing out loud

h1a8
Also Superman's hv (when not holding back) is capable of going through Kryptonians like a ghost. But under normal situations I would say slight edge to Thor.

quanchi112
Wait. Isn't that what we're doing here? I mean I don't expect him to say hv can melt hand guns. Same reason I wouldn't bring up Thor's lightning cauterizing wounds. Not really the greatest showings for both.. You can't ignore any showings. That is ignoring evidence.

Surtur
Abhi continues to highlight highs only and ignore the consistent portrayals.

Okay, but you haven't even provided any feats for why you think Thor's lightning is superior. A variety of feats have been provided for Superman. We're three pages in without anything for Thor. I'm not saying he can't win, but it would be nice to know why.

Originally posted by shadowknight
SM can Heat up the whole planet that tops anything Thor can do.

He wasn't at his normal power levels when he did what you are talking about.

Astner
Superman's Heat Vision might be stronger, but Thor's Lightning is going to hurt Superman a lot more than Superman's Heat Vision is going to hurt Thor.

quanchi112
Okay, but you haven't even provided any feats for why you think Thor's lightning is superior. A variety of feats have been provided for Superman. We're three pages in without anything for Thor. I'm not saying he can't win, but it would be nice to know why.

He wasn't at his normal power levels when he did what you are talking about. If you want high end feats Chaos King. Consistently though I see hv as something Thor can sprint through.

Sin I AM
Wouldn't it be impossible to compare the two since hv is a continuous stream and the lightning an instantaneous burst?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Wouldn't it be impossible to compare the two since hv is a continuous stream and the lightning an instantaneous burst?
Sure it's possible. This is comics.

Sin I AM
Sure it's possible. This is comics.

Thx captain phucking obvious

celeyhyga17
Thx captain phucking obvious
Yeah but he can spam it continuously.

He floated Herc with a lightning spam. Notice the Greek Pantheon were conversing during the continuous burst.
http://i.imgur.com/KqlIJ8t.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FqZ6G6D.jpg

Sin I AM
Yeah but he can spam it continuously.

He floated Herc with a lightning spam. Notice the Greek Pantheon were conversing during the continuous burst.
http://i.imgur.com/KqlIJ8t.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FqZ6G6D.jpg

Thx boo

Mindship
Offhand, I don't recall any moment where Thor's use of lightning made me go, Holy crap, Wtf, Whoa, or something of this ilk. But I recall Superman doing stuff with HV that's given me pause. I think Thor's lightning is more standard ordnance, therefore more prone to jobbing (if for no other reason than to get Thor brawling); whereas Superman uses HV as a last resort (at times when fists just won't do).

Based on this, gonna go with HV.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Mindship
Offhand, I don't recall any moment where Thor's use of lightning made me go, Holy crap, Wtf, Whoa, or something of this ilk. But I recall Superman doing stuff with HV that's given me pause. I think Thor's lightning is more standard ordnance, therefore more prone to jobbing (if for no other reason than to get Thor brawling); whereas Superman uses HV as a last resort (at times when fists just won't do).

Based on this, gonna go with HV.
Huh?

He's hurt guys so far beyond his weight class with lightning. He's also destroyed a crap load of shiet in terms of collateral damage. Even things he has no business destroying. It's almost comical actually.

Sin I AM
Such as?

Reflassshh
Sentry!!!

celeyhyga17
Such as?
Stuff he's hit with lightning.

tkitna
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Sentry!!!

Thor did actually hurt DSentry with his lightning. Its the only time DSentry ever cried out in pain.

Ironically, DSentry KO'd him shortly after with,,,,,,,,HV. http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/lol8.gif

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by tkitna
Thor did actually hurt DSentry with his lightning. Its the only time DSentry ever cried out in pain.

That and the time when he and Rogue rooted Exitar in his place.

Although I'm a bit miffed since he took harder hits than that lightning without crying out in pain.

tkitna
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

Although I'm a bit miffed since he took harder hits than that lightning without crying out in pain.

Its somewhat magical in nature though, so it really doesn't bother me that bad. It was just a mere annoyance anyways.

One_Angry_Scot
Its somewhat magical in nature though, so it really doesn't bother me that bad. It was just a mere annoyance anyways.

Yeah guess so.

Igniz
I'll say this.Superman's Heat Ray Vision would be more versatile than Thor's lightning since he it used on different application.I would give the destructive edge to Thor's lightning since it hurt a being who was the abstract darkness and chaos that destroyed and absorbed 98.76% of the marvel multiverse.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/ThorChaos.jpg

I don't even know how one can hurt a being that represents nothingness confused So don't ask me about this.There's also Thor's lorn bolt as well.

So there go

Superman's HV wins via being the more versatile.
Thor's lightning wins via being more destructive.I also think Thor's lightning can hurt beings like Blackheart stick out tongue

ODG
^ That is a rather exceptional and, I think, a somewhat isolated showing.

After all, when Thor's gotta go for some "ultimate shot" he's historically resorted to his godblast or charged Mjolnir throw. It's surprising a lightning strike got such a high showing.

Is this current versions are or we talking about classic Superman?

carver9
Pre Reboot Supes.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Igniz
I'll say this.Superman's Heat Ray Vision would be more versatile than Thor's lightning since he it used on different application.I would give the destructive edge to Thor's lightning since it hurt a being who was the abstract darkness and chaos that destroyed and absorbed 98.76% of the marvel multiverse.

I don't even know how one can hurt a being that represents nothingness confused So don't ask me about this.There's also Thor's lorn bolt as well.

So there go

Thor's lightning wins via being more destructive.I also think Thor's lightning can hurt beings like Blackheart stick out tongue
That's nothing compared to Superman powering a portion of big bang with HV.

Badabing
Lol...huh? How is this a bait thread? I can't use Hulk because he doesn't shoot blasts out of his eyes or mouth. This thread is legit. But Hulk has gamma farts. So yet again you're trolling Superman and Thor fans! durhulk

Yeah, I have no idea which is more powerful.

-Pr-
Thor, generally imo.

quanchi112
That's nothing compared to Superman powering a portion of big bang with HV. That pales in comparison to hurting a being responsible for the destruction of most of the multiverse. Only a small portion too I'd wager.

riv6672
thumb up

I've seen it happen a lot in my short time here. laughing out loud

Anyhow, i'd call them even. The HV is a more pin point attack. It loses out to the lightning causing wide range damage.

h1a8
Thor generally, unless Superman unleashes (which he hardly does).
Superman's hv has more penetration power and Thor's lightning more blunt power. So in reality we are talking apples and oranges. Superman's hv (when written well) has little to no concussive properties and mostly burns through. Thor's lightning is mostly concussive with little burning properties (going by comics).
So basically we are largely arguing energy vs. blunt force. They damage in different ways and aren't comparable entirely. So in conclusion, Superman's hv has the better ability of penetrating or burning through and Thor's lightning has the better ability of shattering or cracking.
So if a character has large durability against blunt force then lightning isn't going to do much. But is a character has large durability against burning forces then hv isn't going to do much.

Mindship
Originally posted by ODG
After all, when Thor's gotta go for some "ultimate shot" he's historically resorted to his godblast or charged Mjolnir throw.This is my general impression.

riv6672
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor generally, unless Superman unleashes (which he hardly does).
Superman's hv has more penetration power and Thor's lightning more blunt power. So in reality we are talking apples and oranges. Superman's hv (when written well) has little to no concussive properties and mostly burns through. Thor's lightning is mostly concussive with little burning properties (going by comics).
So basically we are largely arguing energy vs. blunt force. They damage in different ways and aren't comparable entirely. So in conclusion, Superman's hv has the better ability of penetrating or burning through and Thor's lightning has the better ability of shattering or cracking.
So if a character has large durability against blunt force then lightning isn't going to do much. But is a character has large durability against burning forces then hv isn't going to do much.

Not a perfect analogy but i liken it to a 9mm and a shotgun.
Both can hit one target in a tightly packed crowd, one with more accuracy/less collateral damage.
Same crowd, emptying the 9mm clip isnt going to be as effective as emptying the shotgun for causing the most damage.

krisblaze
I generally consider the "charged mjolnir strike" to be at least partially lightning-based.

It always cackles with lightning.

And the durok hammer of course.

leonidas
i think it's obvious it's pretty close. part of the problem people have with saying it could be hv (imo) is that it is merely perceived to be a secondary power, used without fanfare and rarely used as a means to defeat someone who seems beyond supes to handle physically.

thor's lightning otoh? when that sh!t is summoned, it's usually a big deal and is often called upon when he fights an equal or better to turn the tide of a difficult battle or to flat out ko/kill someone. so the perception of the 2 is vastly different. when you get beyond that though, i think its pretty clear is at least reasonably close. in general i'd take the lightning. magic trumps most things, but when supes cuts loose hv can be nearly as uber.

krisblaze
Like you said, some people are probably reluctant to vote HV because Superman uses it for a lot of practical shit as well. Unlike the lightning, which is almost never brought out, HV gets used for a lot of low-end stuff as well.

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
Like you said, some people are probably reluctant to vote HV because Superman uses it for a lot of practical shit as well. Unlike the lightning, which is almost never brought out, HV gets used for a lot of low-end stuff as well.
Thats why i likened them to a 9mm and shotgun.
A 9mm in skilled hands can shoot something out of someone's hand. A shotgun is going to blow that hand right off.

h1a8
Originally posted by riv6672
Not a perfect analogy but i liken it to a 9mm and a shotgun.
Both can hit one target in a tightly packed crowd, one with more accuracy/less collateral damage.
Same crowd, emptying the 9mm clip isnt going to be as effective as emptying the shotgun for causing the most damage. No! Both a 9mm and a shotgun are blunt forces. Hv is not blunt force when written well. And Most widespread damage isn't necessarily better with less penetration. More and Precise penetration could be better. For example, against a very durable being (against blunt) the lightning will do nothing but the hv will still penetrate. But against something that's heat and energy resistant but not very blunt resistant then the lightning would be more effective. This is apples and oranges really.

riv6672
Speaking of blunt, what part of "not a perfect analogy" did you not get/choose to ignore?
Sheesh. stick out tongue

h1a8
Originally posted by riv6672
Speaking of blunt, what part of "not a perfect analogy" did you not get/choose to ignore?
Sheesh. stick out tongue lightning is blunt force and hv Is pure heat (no blunt forces when written well). Both have their advantages. But the hv has the best chance to cause damage against a very durable opponent.

carver9
It's a blunt attack.

riv6672
lightning is blunt force and hv Is pure heat (no blunt forces when written well). Both have their advantages. But the hv has the best chance to cause damage against a very durable opponent.
So you chose to ignore 99% of it, okay. laughing out loud

zom1967

So there go

Thor's lightning wins via being more destructive.I also think Thor's lightning can hurt beings like Blackheart stick out tongue Supermans heat vision may beat it out,because he can do it all day long,he is superman after all!

Insane Titan
lightning is blunt force and hv Is pure heat (no blunt forces when written well). Both have their advantages. But the hv has the best chance to cause damage against a very durable opponent. laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
Lightning is blunt force trauma. When you think of lightning you think of it in the same vein as a baseball bat

riv6672
Yup. A baseball bat never strikes twice.

Mindship
Lightning isn't really blunt force (though it can seem like it). At 50,000oF (5x hotter than the surface of the sun), it can cause explosive vaporization of material, though typically it will flow (conduct) through matter, burning it along the way. Eg, people. AFAIK, no one's ever been pounded into the ground, blown into the air, or thrown sideways by lightning (at least not on youtube). When people drop from a lightning strike, it's from being stunned/knocked unconscious by the tremendous electrical current surging through them, disrupting the body's bioelectric flow. The lightning is not physically smashing the person to the ground.

Thunder, OTOH, can be concussive. These are sound waves from superfast expansion of the air caused by lightning's heat. It's essentially a shock wave.

riv6672
Nice distinction.

quanchi112
lightning is blunt force and hv Is pure heat (no blunt forces when written well). Both have their advantages. But the hv has the best chance to cause damage against a very durable opponent. If you are subjectively deciding what counts and what doesn't you're being based and not objective.

h1a8
Lightning isn't really blunt force (though it can seem like it). At 50,000oF (5x hotter than the surface of the sun), it can cause explosive vaporization of material, though typically it will flow (conduct) through matter, burning it along the way. Eg, people. AFAIK, no one's ever been pounded into the ground, blown into the air, or thrown sideways by lightning (at least not on youtube). When people drop from a lightning strike, it's from being stunned/knocked unconscious by the tremendous electrical current surging through them, disrupting the body's bioelectric flow. The lightning is not physically smashing the person to the ground.

Thunder, OTOH, can be concussive. These are sound waves from superfast expansion of the air caused by lightning's heat. It's essentially a shock wave. lightning is the flow of electrons. Electrons have mass. Thus lightning is concussive. Lightning also has burning properties. But guess what? People hardly get burned very badly from being struck. So saying that lightning is hotter than the sun is misleading as it doesn't translate at all to its victims.

DarkSaint85
lightning is the flow of electrons. Electrons have mass. Thus lightning is concussive. Lightning also has burning properties. But guess what? People hardly get burned very badly from being struck. So saying that lightning is hotter than the sun is misleading as it doesn't translate at all to its victims.

HV would have radiation pressure, doe. So it would be concussive.

Lightning DOES transfer heat; it's how fulgurite is formed.

Silent Master
Does anyone have a grade school science book they can loan h1? He appears to need it.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Silent Master
Does anyone have a grade school science book they can loan h1? He appears to need it. All he needs to do is watch Supernatural. Guy's never heard of fulgurite but it will be funny when he acts like he does

I'm curious how he reasons that people have survived a 3rd of lightspeed blunt attack from lightning though.
Giant baseball bat moving at high speeds

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
HV would have radiation pressure, doe. So it would be concussive.

Lightning DOES transfer heat; it's how fulgurite is formed. did you read my post well? I mentioned that lightning has burning properties in the very beginning. That means it transfers heat. I'm talking about the heat of being hotter than the sun doesn't quite transfer into someone like it sounds. Otherwise a person would be vaporized instantly. My point is that the comment is misleading and makes people think that lightning is so hot that it will vaporized anything upon contact. Humans survived many times without even being badly burned. (They were burned though). Bran is speaking in parables again. Who understands his weird sarcasm? It's like he's speaking a different language.

celeyhyga17
Real world science aside, why don't we rely more on comic showings? Does the hv have anything that tops the post by Igniz?

DarkSaint85
Wait so you're ignoring my point about HV having concussive properties?

Raisen
There will never be a satisfactory ending to this and abhi, bw, and h1 will ensure its excruciating

Mindship
Lightning doesn't vaporize people because it flows through them too fast. The primary effect from being hit is typically closer to electrocution, which is not a concussive effect. "Shocking," sure, but not like a shock wave.

h1a8
Wait so you're ignoring my point about HV having concussive properties? You are assuming that hv is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Even if it is then radiation pressure is merely a massless force, like the electromagnetic for is, just weaker. In no way is it the same as getting hit by an object of mass (blunt force).

DarkSaint85
I assume it has light,yes, which is part of the EM spectrum.

I assume it has heat, yes, which is infra red, also part of the EM spectruum.

I can see once more that you are too stubborn to admit you were wrong. Read my post properly. I said it would have concussive force. Never once did mass come into it.

Stoic
There's this great web site called "How Stuff Works" You guys should give it a once over. Now like Celey was saying, we should move away from the real world physics debate and get back to feats. Thor's lighting isn't the same as real world lightning, it's magical.

riv6672
Originally posted by Raisen
There will never be a satisfactory ending to this and abhi, bw, and h1 will ensure its excruciating
eek!

Uriel005
lightning is the flow of electrons. Electrons have mass. Thus lightning is concussive. Lightning also has burning properties. But guess what? People hardly get burned very badly from being struck. So saying that lightning is hotter than the sun is misleading as it doesn't translate at all to its victims. Time for reflecting on the nature of the universe... Why do electrons have mass? Why doe electrons act like a wave when being unobserved but as a particle when interacting with light? Could you bypass an event horizon directly into a singularity using a theoretical alcubbierre drive to expand space and contract it to the point that you simply instantaneously arrive at the singularity? These questions need answers and it is up to you fine gentlemen to find them.

riv6672
Thankfully i'm not a gentleman so i dont have to do this homework assignment.

Mindship
Originally posted by Stoic
Thor's lighting isn't the same as real world lightning, it's magical. IMO, its magicalness seems to involve how it can be invoked, anywhere, anytime, but it does not appear to be magical in basic lightning behavior. For example: Originally posted by Igniz
URL=http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/Fernando072295/media/ThorChaos.jpg.html]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/ThorChaos.jpgThe effect of even this immense, cosmic lightning bolt (which, btw, does not appear to be concussive) seems characteristic of a typical, RW strike.

krisblaze
Thor's lightning is certainly magical in that it is more powerful than ordinary lightning, but I don't think there's any consistency to any of it.

Be it power, properties or anything.

Trying to determine whether or not it's concussive is an effort in futility.

h1a8
I assume it has light,yes, which is part of the EM spectrum.

I assume it has heat, yes, which is infra red, also part of the EM spectruum.

I can see once more that you are too stubborn to admit you were wrong. Read my post properly. I said it would have concussive force. Never once did mass come into it. How in the universe did you come up with the conclusion that all heat is infrared radiation? Teachers teaching kids lies again I see. The truth is found in college by real professors. Temperature has been defined by some physicists to be the speed in which atoms vibrate.

Conduction and convection are are other types of heat transfer.

And you didn't read my other part. I said even if his hv did have a radiation pressure push force then
1. It is a massless force like the magnetic force is with no blunt properties. So it doesn't refute my main point but rather nitpick at it.
2. It's too small to even be considered (it's weaker than the magnetic force).

h1a8
Lightning doesn't vaporize people because it flows through them too fast. The primary effect from being hit is typically closer to electrocution, which is not a concussive effect. "Shocking," sure, but not like a shock wave. The reason why is irrelevant, no one is arguing that lightning isn't hot. A poster brought up lightning being hotter than the sun as evidence of it being more powerful than the hv. So that fact is irrelevant since many survive without being badly burned from lightning strikes.

riv6672
And yet die from heat stroke.

Juntai
What was the after effect of that lightning strike scan?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Juntai
What was the after effect of that lightning strike scan?
CK had Supergod Herc dead to rights stabbing the heck outta him. Thor's blast gave Herc momentary respite and enabled him to launch a last ditch counter attack.

The scene before shows CK's eyes were open while he was stabbing Herc from behind. This one we see his eyes closed and his body language seemed to indicate that he was somewhat hurt by Thor's lightning.

abhilegend
CK had Supergod Herc dead to rights stabbing the heck outta him. Thor's blast gave Herc momentary respite and enabled him to launch a last ditch counter attack.

The scene before shows CK's eyes were open while he was stabbing Herc from behind. This one we see his eyes closed and his body language seemed to indicate that he was somewhat hurt by Thor's lightning.
It startled him, that's it. Nowhere was he shown to be hurt.

Superman contributing in creating a new big bang shits on that.

quanchi112

Superman contributing in creating a new big bang shits on that. One fest is all Tbor and one feat is a small contributing percentage you can't even prove. Name a feat Superman has done on his own because this feat is all Thor.

celeyhyga17

Superman contributing in creating a new big bang shits on that.
Startled him? Wow... The scan is right in front of you. I'm not saying it significantly hurt him, but come on. The dude was just stated to absorb nearly 99% of the multiverse. Of course it did not hurt CK to the point of debilitating him.Other than Supergod Herc, I can't recall anyone giving him pause even for a brief period. He'd been spite stomping, no selling anyone and everyone which included pantheons of gods... Skyfathers, hell lords, etc etc...

Don't get upset because it happened. Your butthurttery knows no bounds. Accept it and move on.

abhilegend
Startled him? Wow... The scan is right in front of you. I'm not saying it significantly hurt him, but come on. The dude was just stated to absorb nearly 99% of the multiverse. Of course it did not hurt CK to the point of debilitating him.Other than Supergod Herc, I can't recall anyone giving him pause even for a brief period. He'd been spite stomping, no selling anyone and everyone which included pantheons of gods... Skyfathers, hell lords, etc etc...

Don't get upset because it happened. Your butthurttery knows no bounds. Accept it and move on.
You said he was "somewhat" hurt. So where is this "hurt" scene?

He looked more startled than anything else.

And it didn't give him pause. He was laughing at the very next page. You're as usual hyping something mundane to something which it isn't.

Remain butthurt as always.

quanchi112

And it didn't give him pause. He was laughing at the very next page. You're as usual hyping something mundane to something which it isn't.

Remain butthurt as always. Irony.

celeyhyga17

Remain butthurt as always.
Again with you inability to accept so you satisfy yourself by ignoring what was shown on panel.
I'll walk you through it. The page prior had(with eyes open)CK's tendrils all over Herc and even stabbing his eyes out. The scan from Igniz clearly shows CK throwing his arms away from Herc with both eyes closed. CK's body language clearly shows him being hurt even by the briefest of moments. The next page has Herc punching CK which ultimately throws him into the trap set forth by Cho/Galactus. CK laughs after that page thinking he won.

Now think for second. I said "somewhat" because I don't go throwing things around willy nilly. He "somewhat hurt" CK because in the end the attack would not have had any long lasting effect. It would be utterly stupid to think so. A regular portrayal of Thor's lightning attack would not even register to a being of CK's stature. Here it did. High showing obviously. Not out of the realm of possibility when it comes to heroes as powerful as Thor.

But the bottom line is it did hurt him enough so that it enabled Herc to launch a counter attack. The fact that it gave CK pause is a stupidly high end feat considering his power level at that point in time. Ridiculous I know, but this is comics bruh. The land of high end and low end feats. Deal with it.

abhilegend
Again with you inability to accept so you satisfy yourself by ignoring what was shown on panel.
I'll walk you through it. The page prior had(with eyes open)CK's tendrils all over Herc and even stabbing his eyes out. The scan from Igniz clearly shows CK throwing his arms away from Herc with both eyes closed. CK's body language clearly shows him being hurt even by the briefest of moments. The next page has Herc punching CK which ultimately throws him into the trap set forth by Cho/Galactus. CK laughs after that page thinking he won.

Now think for second. I said "somewhat" because I don't go throwing things around willy nilly. He "somewhat hurt" CK because in the end the attack would not have had any long lasting effect. It would be utterly stupid to think so. A regular portrayal of Thor's lightning attack would not even register to a being of CK's stature. Here it did. High showing obviously. Not out of the realm of possibility when it comes to heroes as powerful as Thor.

But the bottom line is it did hurt him enough so that it enabled Herc to launch a counter attack. The fact that it gave CK pause is a stupidly high end feat considering his power level at that point in time. Ridiculous I know, but this is comics bruh. The land of high end and low end feats. Deal with it.
That's why I said it startled him at best. There is no alluding that it hurt him at any point. Point me to the panel where he is shown hurt. Him releasing herc doesn't means he was hurt.

Also if we're taking Thor slightly disturbing Chaos King as something Uber, here is Superman destroying Dominus body in one HV shot.
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/?action=view&current=ccf0311201100000-1.jpg

You know the same Dominus who manhandled Kismet like a *****.

Easily better than that.

quanchi112
That's why I said it startled him at best. There is no alluding that it hurt him at any point. Point me to the panel where he is shown hurt. Him releasing herc doesn't means he was hurt.

Also if we're taking Thor slightly disturbing Chaos King as something Uber, here is Superman destroying Dominus body in one HV shot.
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/?action=view&current=ccf0311201100000-1.jpg

Easily better than that. Ck >>>>Dominus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Arguing that the Lightning bolt did nothing ignores the whole context of the scene.

The chaos king was beating the shit out of Hercules before that scene and it was when Thor dropped lightning on his dome that the scales tipped and Hercules was able to turn the tide. Looking at it from a purely story telling perspective alone, it had to have affected him to some worthwhile degree. It stunned him at least for a second.

psycho gundam

Superman contributing in creating a new big bang shits on that. That was debunked

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
That was debunked
Yeah, right. Where was it debunked BTW when under the same writer it was shown exactly the same way in Doomsday Wars and again showed in 52 issue 7 in recap of Zero Hour?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Arguing that the Lightning bolt did nothing ignores the whole context of the scene.

The chaos king was beating the shit out of Hercules before that scene and it was when Thor dropped lightning on his dome that the scales tipped and Hercules was able to turn the tide. Looking at it from a purely story telling perspective alone, it had to have affected him to some worthwhile degree. It stunned him at least for a second.
Lulz @ it stunning CK. There is a reason mindset sports that sig.

psycho gundam
Yeah, right. Where was it debunked BTW when under the same writer it was shown exactly the same way in Doomsday Wars and again showed in 52 issue 7 in recap of Zero Hour? Misrepresented in all you mean

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Misrepresented in all you mean

What is there to misrepresentation here?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/dw_origin3.jpg

The writer flat out tells what happened.

celeyhyga17

Easily better than that.
Wow this is pathetic. Add another to one of your countless displays butthurttery. Just when I thought you couldn't get any lower, you prove me wrong yet again.

Here I'll help you break this mental barrier.
Look at the scan again. Now tell me how did Thor "startle" the Chaos King? Using your own words, how did he get "startled" enough so that he broke off his assault on Supergod Herc and allowed himself to get punched into a trap?

I'm brimming with anticipation.

psycho gundam
What is there to misrepresentation here?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/dw_origin3.jpg

The writer flat out tells what happened. It's you making the equation that expresses Superman = 1/4 of that when Waverider and especially Damage are conveniently left out.

Here's "1/4" of a big bang plus other fractions creating at least a galaxy on Doomsday's chest scab thing:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/dos_energy2.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/dos_energy3.jpg

Branlor Swift
The heroes drained off most of Parallax's power and put it into Damage and then Spectre completely overloaded him...

Not sure how much of that can be attributed to Superman... seems kind of like he threw a box of delicious chicken wing bones into a dump. I want chicken wings now.

psycho gundam
Nope. Superman

Golgo's gonna Golgo thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The heroes drained off most of Parallax's power and put it into Damage and then Spectre completely overloaded him...

Not sure how much of that can be attributed to Superman... seems kind of like he threw a box of delicious chicken wing bones into a dump. I want chicken wings now.
thumb up

Forgot about Spectre pumping Damage up with energy. Somehow Superman's contribution in that scene shiets on Thor hurting a being who was stated to absorb 98.67% of the multiverse even though an abstract was shown as one of the contributors. blink

abhilegend

That's not what was shown in Doomsday Wars. Nice try.

abhilegend
Wow this is pathetic. Add another to one of your countless displays butthurttery. Just when I thought you couldn't get any lower, you prove me wrong yet again.

Look at the scan again. Now tell me how did Thor "startle" the Chaos King? Using your own words, how did he get "startled" enough so that he broke off his assault on Supergod Herc and allowed himself to get punched into a trap?

No, what is pathetic is your constant whining. Get the **** out of here with it.

You first show me where he hurt chaos king. Must be easy for you.

abhilegend
thumb up

Forgot about Spectre pumping Damage up with energy. Somehow Superman's contribution in that scene shiets on Thor hurting a being who was stated to absorb 98.67% of the multiverse even though an abstract was shown as one of the contributors. blink
Spectre overloaded him. Superman, Captain Atom, Darkstar and Ray provided him the energy to restart creation as shown explicitly in Doomsday Wars and recapped in 52.

But way to miss the on panel description.

celeyhyga17
No, what is pathetic is your constant whining. Get the **** out of here with it.

You first show me where he hurt chaos king. Must be easy for you.
You were already given a step by step description as to why CK was hurt on the scene. Are you purposely being obtuse?

Now we're all waiting for your version. I want to see how Thor "startled" Chaos King into letting Herc punch him into the continuum. Finish what you started.
Spectre overloaded him. Superman, Captain Atom, Darkstar and Ray provided him the energy to restart creation as shown explicitly in Doomsday Wars and recapped in 52.

But way to miss the on panel description.
facepalm

Branlor Swift
That's not what was shown in Doomsday Wars. Nice try. what
Neglecting to spend more pages or time on a flashback equals the absolute story?

Does that mean Zero Hour was like a two page event? The only things that happened in that story was Parallax was screwing with universes and him and Spectre fought to some unforeseen conclusion?

What a shitty event. We don't even know what happened to Parallax.

abhilegend
You were already given a step by step description as to why CK was hurt on the scene. Are you purposely being obtuse?

Now we're all waiting for your version. I want to see how Thor "startled" Chaos King into letting Herc punch him into the continuum. Finish what you started.

facepalm
And it was your fanfiction. Not surprisingly, it didn't happen that way in the story. Now let's try again, where was CK hurt.

You first tell how CK was hurt. I will spoon feed you after that. Originally posted by Branlor Swift
what
Neglecting to spend more pages or time on a flashback equals the absolute story?

Does that mean Zero Hour was like a two page event? The only things that happened in that story was Parallax was screwing with universes and him and Spectre fought to some unforeseen conclusion?

What a shitty event. We don't even know what happened to Parallax.
No, the notion that it was Spectre who was responsible for the big bang was put to rest in Doomsday Wars. If it was such a big deal, it was at least mentioned in the story. Here once again it wasn't showed.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107191/3352351-2663049-xxdc52week07_026.jpg

It flat out mentions how Damage was infused with enough energy to start big bang even before Hal was totally drained fighting Spectre. Curiouser and Curiouser.

Branlor Swift
So basically you're saying a one and two page retelling of the entire event hold more weight than the actual comic event? Not because they add anything mind you, but because the one and two page retellings neglect to mention a lot of things.

Also your new retelling retconned your old retelling. Now Deadpool is apart of this? Can't these totally complete stories of Zero Hour keep it straight? They even added chains in this one!

I'm confused though. Was Zero Hour one or two pages in length? There's retcons everywhere

celeyhyga17
And it was your fanfiction. Not surprisingly, it didn't happen that way in the story. Now let's try again, where was CK hurt.

You first tell how CK was hurt. I will spoon feed you after that.
No, the notion that it was Spectre who was responsible for the big bang was put to rest in Doomsday Wars. If it was such a big deal, it was at least mentioned in the story. Here once again it wasn't showed.
This is pretty much the response I'm getting from you.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1423977/not-listening.gif

If you're afraid to give your version just say so.
Concession accepted. thumb up

abhilegend
So basically you're saying a one and two page retelling of the entire event hold more weight than the actual comic event? Not because they add anything mind you, but because the one and two page retellings neglect to mention a lot of things.

Also your new retelling retconned your old retelling. Now Deadpool is apart of this? Can't these totally complete stories of Zero Hour keep it straight? They even added chains in this one!

I'm confused though. Was Zero Hour one or two pages in length? There's retcons everywhere
So are you telling me Spectre being the only one to cause big bang was seemingly forgotten just because recaps are short? Sorry but that just sounds like an excuse.

It's telling that two recaps of the same event forgot how it was Spectre who started the big bang. Mind you doomsday wars was written by the same writer who wrote Zero Hour but apparently he forgot to consult with Bran. Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Concession accepted. thumb up
Lulz, if you can't even prove a simple hurt scene you should leave the site.

Branlor Swift
So are you telling me Spectre being the only one to cause big bang was seemingly forgotten just because recaps are short? Sorry but that just sounds like an excuse.

It's telling that two recaps of the same event forgot how it was Spectre who started the big bang. Mind you doomsday wars was written by the same writer who wrote Zero Hour but apparently he forgot to consult with Bran.
Lulz, if you can't even prove a simple hurt scene you should leave the site. I never said Spectre was the only one to cause anything. Go back and read my post.

And it literally does not matter what recaps say. You're on the basis that neglecting to mention something means it never happened. Following your logic Extant was completely retconned out of the event in one retelling. And following your logic it's a complete mystery how Hal even got these powers in the first place. Which for starters on all the shit we could bring up are some pretty ****ing important details in Zero Hour. Hal just went nuts and started erasing timelines with his own power. Canon.

What Zero Hour was just the end fight then, no lead up? That's your logic here.

The fact that you're using short retellings when the original feat was longer than those with a ****ton of context should show you're barking up the wrong alley. The ****ing fact that you're basically telling me to ignore the actual comic it happened in says you're wrong.

Nothing was specifically changed in those retellings. Nothing. All there was was attention to detail missing which is to be expected when you deal with any event let alone an event of this magnitude.

This is the shadiest shit I've seen in a long time. You would cry Rao if the same was flipped around on Superman. I don't understand how you think this retcons anything when by the same logic you can retcon 99 percent of the event.

This is ****ing stupid. Straight up ass hole shitting in an ass hole level of stupid.

You're using simplified accounts of the event as to give the reader an idea of what happened and expecting that to be the true tale of what happened. That'd be like listening to Carver shorten a story over someone summarizing an event panel for panel.

You might as well just start reading summaries from the authors of their novels and vehemently stand firm in anything not happening in the summary is wrong.
"The author didn't write that whore getting gangbanged in the summary, why don't you eat a dick and then make sure to include it in a summary of your life."

Also according to 52 Kyle held a full power Parallax at bay all by himself while the heroes were big banging Damage.

It's just... why do you do this? The retellings aren't wrong, they just fit the definition of lacking context. It is not telling us everything we already know from that event.

And lol at this having anything to do with me or my opinion. Yes, the writer should have consulted me for the retelling. Surely this is reliant on me. Shame on me and such and such.
You're literally ignoring crucial details from the actual comic the actual feat takes place that the retellings were based off of so you can put Superman on a pedestal. This should naturally fall on me as opposed to you.

"Two abstract level beings were involved in putting energy through Damage to create a big bang? Yeah maybe in the comic loser! Two seperate retellings didn't mention that so naturally that means Superman's penis is the juiciest hog around. I don't say this enough, but what a cock!"

I'm honestly suprised you don't stab Celey in his sleep with that reach.

DarkSaint85

You first tell how CK was hurt. I will spoon feed you after that.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107191/3352351-2663049-xxdc52week07_026.jpg

It flat out mentions how Damage was infused with enough energy to start big bang even before Hal was totally drained fighting Spectre. Curiouser and Curiouser.

The recap only says that Damage was infused by energy - nowhere does it say it was Superman's HV that he was infused with.

riv6672
Wow at creative interpretation.

Igniz

It's telling that two recaps of the same event forgot how it was Spectre who started the big bang. Mind you doomsday wars was written by the same writer who wrote Zero Hour but apparently he forgot to consult with Bran.

I'm gonna post scans that actually proves that Thor did in fact hurt the Chaos King.Not to the point Thor injured the Chaos King with the lightning attack.But to the point that it did stun the Chaos King long enough for SG Herc to punch him into the continuum.

No 1)Daimon Hellstorm attacks the Chaos King(pre 98.76% destruction of the multiverse)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/CKAttacksCouncilElite2.jpg

Notice Daimon panicking and telling everyone to stop CK?Add to the fact CK absorbs whatever he destroys makes him more powerful.And Daimon's attack on CK doesn't even register.He's not giving any attention to Daimon.CK doesn't even show any sign of pain from Daimon's attack.Here's another scan retelling the events by Silver Surfer from Chaos War God Squad.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/SSDescribesCK1.jpg

In that scene, CK is smiling at Daimon's attack on him.Its like CK is mocking Daimon for his efforts.So Daimon's attack on CK is doing nothing.CK wasn't hurt as shown on panel.

No 2)Zeus attacks Chaos King(pre 98.76% destruction of the multiverse)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/AresrecognizesMikaboshi2.jpg

Zeus wasn't a skyfather when he did that I'll admit.But CK hasn't attacked the Council Elite at that time.This scene happened in Chaos War#2 but retold through Ares's perspective in Chaos War Ares.This scene depicts a less powerful CK tanking an attack from Zeus and killing him afterwards.

This are some of the examples I gathered.There was CK fighting Impossible Man and the Zenn-La Gods example as well.And CK didn't even show pain when he fought them.Now that I think about it, Thor actually hurt CK powered by 98.76% of the multiverse with a lightning bolt as shown on panel.While Daimon and Zeus failed to hurt a less powerful CK with their attacks.They didn't even make a less powerful CK close his eyes in pain.I might as well say Thor's lightning bolt was multiversal eek!

Surtur

Plus the durability of Sentry tends to be all over the place from one instance to the next. His power levels are about as stable as his mental state.

If you want high end feats Chaos King. Consistently though I see hv as something Thor can sprint through.

I don't get it. Do you mean he has feats of hurting the Chaos King? As in..the same person who was a high end cosmic? If your answer is "yes" I have to then ask if you feel it is legit for Thor to be hurting cosmics with..anything in his arsenal. Dude couldn't even kill Juggernaut with his god blast, but he can hurt cosmics with lightning?

abhilegend
I never said Spectre was the only one to cause anything. Go back and read my post.

And it literally does not matter what recaps say. You're on the basis that neglecting to mention something means it never happened. Following your logic Extant was completely retconned out of the event in one retelling. And following your logic it's a complete mystery how Hal even got these powers in the first place. Which for starters on all the shit we could bring up are some pretty ****ing important details in Zero Hour. Hal just went nuts and started erasing timelines with his own power. Canon.

What Zero Hour was just the end fight then, no lead up? That's your logic here.

The fact that you're using short retellings when the original feat was longer than those with a ****ton of context should show you're barking up the wrong alley. The ****ing fact that you're basically telling me to ignore the actual comic it happened in says you're wrong.

Nothing was specifically changed in those retellings. Nothing. All there was was attention to detail missing which is to be expected when you deal with any event let alone an event of this magnitude.

This is the shadiest shit I've seen in a long time. You would cry Rao if the same was flipped around on Superman. I don't understand how you think this retcons anything when by the same logic you can retcon 99 percent of the event.

This is ****ing stupid. Straight up ass hole shitting in an ass hole level of stupid.

You're using simplified accounts of the event as to give the reader an idea of what happened and expecting that to be the true tale of what happened. That'd be like listening to Carver shorten a story over someone summarizing an event panel for panel.

You might as well just start reading summaries from the authors of their novels and vehemently stand firm in anything not happening in the summary is wrong.
"The author didn't write that whore getting gangbanged in the summary, why don't you eat a dick and then make sure to include it in a summary of your life."

Also according to 52 Kyle held a full power Parallax at bay all by himself while the heroes were big banging Damage.

It's just... why do you do this? The retellings aren't wrong, they just fit the definition of lacking context. It is not telling us everything we already know from that event.

And lol at this having anything to do with me or my opinion. Yes, the writer should have consulted me for the retelling. Surely this is reliant on me. Shame on me and such and such.
You're literally ignoring crucial details from the actual comic the actual feat takes place that the retellings were based off of so you can put Superman on a pedestal. This should naturally fall on me as opposed to you.

"Two abstract level beings were involved in putting energy through Damage to create a big bang? Yeah maybe in the comic loser! Two seperate retellings didn't mention that so naturally that means Superman's penis is the juiciest hog around. I don't say this enough, but what a cock!"

I'm honestly suprised you don't stab Celey in his sleep with that reach.
Hey look, another essay from bran. How original! Sadly I don't have neither the patience nor the time to go through your BS "Hey let's call all recaps invalid just because I don't like it and they didn't have every minuscule information ever and that's not just ****ing stupid, it's totally inane."

You know what, I don't give a shit about what you think happened in your view. Give me a scan which says the big bang happened due to Spectre and Superman had nothing to contribute there. Until then, cry more.

quanchi112

Concession accepted. thumb up laughing out loud

abhilegend
I'm gonna post scans that actually proves that Thor did in fact hurt the Chaos King.Not to the point Thor injured the Chaos King with the lightning attack.But to the point that it did stun the Chaos King long enough for SG Herc to punch him into the continuum.

No 1)Daimon Hellstorm attacks the Chaos King(pre 98.76% destruction of the multiverse)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/CKAttacksCouncilElite2.jpg

Notice Daimon panicking and telling everyone to stop CK?Add to the fact CK absorbs whatever he destroys makes him more powerful.And Daimon's attack on CK doesn't even register.He's not giving any attention to Daimon.CK doesn't even show any sign of pain from Daimon's attack.Here's another scan retelling the events by Silver Surfer from Chaos War God Squad.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/SSDescribesCK1.jpg

In that scene, CK is smiling at Daimon's attack on him.Its like CK is mocking Daimon for his efforts.So Daimon's attack on CK is doing nothing.CK wasn't hurt as shown on panel.

No 2)Zeus attacks Chaos King(pre 98.76% destruction of the multiverse)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/AresrecognizesMikaboshi2.jpg

Zeus wasn't a skyfather when he did that I'll admit.But CK hasn't attacked the Council Elite at that time.This scene happened in Chaos War#2 but retold through Ares's perspective in Chaos War Ares.This scene depicts a less powerful CK tanking an attack from Zeus and killing him afterwards.

This are some of the examples I gathered.There was CK fighting Impossible Man and the Zenn-La Gods example as well.And CK didn't even show pain when he fought them.Now that I think about it, Thor actually hurt CK powered by 98.76% of the multiverse with a lightning bolt as shown on panel.While Daimon and Zeus failed to hurt a less powerful CK with their attacks.They didn't even make a less powerful CK close his eyes in pain.I might as well say Thor's lightning bolt was multiversal eek!
And how is CK tanking all that shit means he was hurt by that lightning? Why don't you post the very next page where CK is laughing?

Lulz @ multiversal lightning though. Superman punched Soul fire Darkseid in half when the Source/ALE who were the creator of existence failed to do anything to him. Do you think Superman was multiversal there?

quanchi112
Plus the durability of Sentry tends to be all over the place from one instance to the next. His power levels are about as stable as his mental state.

I don't get it. Do you mean he has feats of hurting the Chaos King? As in..the same person who was a high end cosmic? If your answer is "yes" I have to then ask if you feel it is legit for Thor to be hurting cosmics with..anything in his arsenal. Dude couldn't even kill Juggernaut with his god blast, but he can hurt cosmics with lightning? I gave a Hugh end feat which is all you cbr types care about while ignoring the rest. You act as ig comics need to be consistent from writer to writer. It's canon so dismissing anything you don't agree with is bias. I don't select what counts I say it all counts. The reason I believe his lightning is powerful is it is portrayed as a bugger deal consistency than Superman's lightning. I gave a high end feat that you could understand since you're from cbr.

Yw.

psycho gundam
Hey look, another essay from bran. How original! Sadly I don't have neither the patience nor the time to go through your BS "Hey let's call all recaps invalid just because I don't like it and they didn't have every minuscule information ever and that's not just ****ing stupid, it's totally inane."

You know what, I don't give a shit about what you think happened in your view. Give me a scan which says the big bang happened due to Spectre and Superman had nothing to contribute there. Until then, cry more. Maybe I can make a summary of his post for you to read thumb up

I will make sure to omit all the evidence out of it and to leave in only the parts that take away from the post if read in it's entirety. Can't have people getting the full story, now can we?

celeyhyga17

I'm not going to waste my time retyping everything.

facepalm
Where's your explanation?

Branlor Swift

You know what, I don't give a shit about what you think happened in your view. Give me a scan which says the big bang happened due to Spectre and Superman had nothing to contribute there. Until then, cry more. "Essay"
More like it's really easy to write words down and cover all loose ends. No plot holes.

I never called recaps invalid, I said they (more often than not) lack the full context of the feat in question and thus can't be considered absolute truth. It's not a tough concept here.

My view is based off the actual comic and you said it doesn't count because recaps. 😀

But yes I am crying here. You're trying to say Superman contributed 1/4 of a big bang solely because a recap forgot to mention Spectre and Parallax. 😉

It was of my understanding that Parallax had enough energy to start a big bang himself. If that energy is being thrown into Damage along with Spectre's then I can't see how Superman is a standout here.

We could get a mod ruling here though on whether or not recaps invalidate the comics they originated from if the recap neglects details though.

DarkSaint85
That recap doesn't say anything about Superman using his HV. Therefore, he never powered Damage up.

krisblaze
they (more often than not) lack the full context of the feat in question and thus can't be considered absolute truth.
thumb up all that needs to be said

abhilegend
"Essay"
More like it's really easy to write words down and cover all loose ends. No plot holes.

I never called recaps invalid, I said they (more often than not) lack the full context of the feat in question and thus can't be considered absolute truth. It's not a tough concept here.

My view is based off the actual comic and you said it doesn't count because recaps. 😀

But yes I am crying here. You're trying to say Superman contributed 1/4 of a big bang solely because a recap forgot to mention Spectre and Parallax. 😉

It was of my understanding that Parallax had enough energy to start a big bang himself. If that energy is being thrown into Damage along with Spectre's then I can't see how Superman is a standout here.

We could get a mod ruling here though on whether or not recaps invalidate the comics they originated from if the recap neglects details though.
I've no interest in getting in a pissing contest with you.

You want to argue about something? Don't throw hissy fits over everything.

I didn't say it was 1/4th of big bang. I said he contributed a portion of it. Otherwise there is no point to include him in that scene and all the recaps.

Heh, can't prove it by yourself so running to mods now? Good.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>