Thor and Superman Vs time travel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Can classic male unamped Thor or DCnu Superman time travel under their own power? Their own power in Thor's case would include his hammer, in either a magical or speed sense.
If DCnu Superman cant, could pre New52 Superman do it?

carver9
DCNU Superman mentioned once that he was going to flu so fast around Earth that he would go back in time. It never happened though. Martian Manhunter believed that he could do it.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
DCNU Superman mentioned once that he was going to flu so fast around Earth that he would go back in time. It never happened though. Martian Manhunter believed that he could do it. Superman gets time travel abilities when he gets a flu? All I get is a fever and aches.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Superman gets time travel abilities when he gets a flu? All I get is a fever and aches.

Lol...it was mentioned. I wouldn't consider it fact though since we never saw him do it. I would post the scene but I don't feel like digging through pages of comics to find it.

Terryc250
Is he not a believer in flu shots?

beatboks
Originally posted by Terryc250
Is he not a believer in flu shots?

He is, but the needles break every time he tries to get one. Damn invulnerability!!!

"Id"
Thor can
Superman cant

Scoobless
Classic old school Thor has done it a few times, but, iirc, something later happened to mjolnir to block that power

abhilegend
Immortus drained mjolnir chronal powers in Thor 282.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Scoobless

Classic old school Thor has done it a few times,

but, iirc, something later happened to mjolnir to block that power
Thor drained Mjolnir's "time energies"
when he moved a planet out of a timeless realm (Limbo) into the proper universe of space-time. (616)

Thor v1 #282

That feat, cost Mjolnir the ability to open portals/rifts/vortexes to other eras/time periods.

Surtur
Neither current nor post crisis Superman could time travel under their own power. Post crisis Superman was featured in a variety of stories involving time travel shenanigans, so if he could time travel under his own power I'm sure it would of actually come into play during these stories. Or we'd at least get a throwaway line like "Normally I'd be able to travel through time on my own but I can't because (insert excuse)".

riv6672
Thanks, Surtur (and the rest). Just wondered about this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.