Venom (Eddie Brock) vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
No Thunder clapping. Who wins?

Surtur
Does Venom actually have the strength to damage him? I would think not, unless Colossus is a lot weaker then I thought.

psycho gundam
I'd change this thread to "how many Colossus punches would it take to turn Venom's famous smile upside down?"

StiltmanFTW
1) Colossus has never thunderclapped sans Juggernaut upgrade.

2) Venom has gone toe to toe with Juggernaut, but nobody knows for certain if an outside upgrade wasn't involved.

carver9
It was an amp when he went against Juggernaut. Their first fight, Juggernaut almost killed him and he would've died if it wasn't for the others getting inside his body. Their second fight, Venom was overpowering Jugs. Obvious amp.

-K-M-
Venom actually went toe to toe with Colossus too during Dark X-Men.

Colossus will win through

StiltmanFTW
First, Gargan got a brick in his ugly "detective" face. Then, he stalemated Colossus for one panel. Pathetic "feats", as the rest of Gargan Venom's. Not worth mentioning, in my honest opinion.

Brock was the best symbiote user, maybe he could win, maybe not.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
1) Colossus has never thunderclapped sans Juggernaut upgrade.

2) Venom has gone toe to toe with Juggernaut, but nobody knows for certain if an outside upgrade wasn't involved. I know. It wasn't.

juggernaut74
Gargan beat Daken, Bullseye, Tiger Shark, and he was giving Hercules hell.

ShadowFyre
Venom was classified as like a 20 tonner but his feats say differently. He has fisticuffed with Juggs and Hulk and Wolverine and came out looking better than Colossus showings against them (that I have seen) and Venom is faster than Spidey and the symbiote can take whatever Colossus can dish out with its damage soak and advanced healing factor. Along with invisibility,mobility, mind control, stronger webbing, ability to form edged weapons and his own formidable strength, Brock should slaughter stomp any brick under herald level.

But Colossus has to have his entire body made out of metal, and doesn't need to breathe, and can't be cut, and basically negates Brrcks ability to do anything but blunt force trauma and I don't see that happening so...

Stalemate or Colossus eventually catches Venom with a KO. If Venom is able to KO Pete at all its gonna be on the low end. Like 2 outta ten.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Gargan beat Daken, Bullseye, Tiger Shark, and he was giving Hercules hell.
He wasn't giving Herc hell, he was a minor annoyance.

Venom Gargan's track record was one of the worst ever in history of comic books.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
I know. It wasn't.
Other posters disagreed with you, iirc.

juggernaut74
Venom Gargan absorbed the punishment Hercules was dishing out like a champ.

SamZED
Other posters disagreed with you, iirc. Other posters should know better. miffed

Seriously, the toxins were only said to make him crazy, nothing about upgrading him physically and he got rid of them before the last fight anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Venom Gargan absorbed the punishment Hercules was dishing out like a champ.
He was worse than useless. Reduced to being a comedy effect.

Your fascination with the lamest version of Venom is weird.

StiltmanFTW
Other posters should know better. miffed

Seriously, the toxins were only said to make him crazy, nothing about upgrading him physically and he got rid of them before the last fight anyway.
Craziness can be considered an amp of sorts sometimes.

Well, if you say he was all ''clean and sober'' in that fight, then I guess it's ok... although toxins have long lasting effects even after they're gone.

Knowsbleed discussed it with you?

SamZED
Craziness can be considered an amp of sorts sometimes.

Well, if you say he was all ''clean and sober'' in that fight, then I guess it's ok... although toxins have long lasting effects even after they're gone.

Knowsbleed discussed it with you? Dunno, maybe. You have a better memory when it comes to remembering discussions and scenes from books. But I remember they made a pretty big deal about Venom purging the toxins out of his system and being back to normal.

StiltmanFTW
Access crossover agrees with that it seems, as Venom boasts about his fight with Juggernaut. He wouldn't brag if it was under special circumstances.

carver9
no expression

He almost died in his first fight against Juggernaut. The second and 3rd time they fought, Venom was physically thrashing Jugs. He was obviously amped.

StiltmanFTW
Wanna play it that way...

Spider-Man almost died in his first fight against Matrix Ock. Next time he raped him.

carver9
Wanna play it that way...

Spider-Man almost died in his first fight against Matrix Ock. Next time he raped him.

That is completely different. Venom was 'overpowering' Juggernaut and easily at that.

juggernaut74
He was worse than useless. Reduced to being a comedy effect.

Your fascination with the lamest version of Venom is weird. Hercules was about to be eaten had Sentry saved him.

StiltmanFTW
@carver

It wasn't that bad. Iirc, they went toe to toe with each other.

Sam read the book, so he knows his stuff. Did you read that mini?

I admit I haven't; only seen the scans long time ago. I do know there's some controversy about it, though.

StiltmanFTW
Hercules was about to be eaten had Sentry saved him.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Got my sarcasm detector fixed, better late than never.

carver9
@carver

It wasn't that bad. Iirc, they went toe to toe with each other.

Sam read the book, so he knows his stuff. Did you read that mini?

I admit I haven't; only seen the scans long time ago. I do know there's some controversy about it, though.

Yeah, I use to own the hard copy..that's why I knew right off hand what fight you were talking about. That's why I know Jugs almost killed him and left him out to die. Venom is then saved by some toxins and is brought back stronger than ever. He was amped. Obvious amp.

StiltmanFTW
You should battlezone Sam about it. High time to spill some Russian blood, you can do it, carver.

abhilegend
Venom was amped by an alien toxin against Juggernaut. It was explicitly stated.

ShadowFyre
The Venom/Juggs fight was confusing. Venom was saying things like "ooo that tickles" while Juggs is slamming a telephone pole into his face. Got beat badly first round. Came back now bonded with the madness. , I think Juggs actually left cause Venom was weird or he wasn't getting paid, can't remember the second part that well. Been about ten years or so

SamZED
You should battlezone Sam about it. High time to spill some Russian blood, you can do it, carver. Most of it is vodka anyway so it's a winwin for Carver.

Seriously guys, Venom was not physically amped, he was never said to be physically amped in any of the issues, the whole story was about him going bonkers because of the toxins. Toxin amp is a myth started because Venom did extremely well against Juggernaut when in reality it was simply a very good showing for him unless I'm misremembering it completely. They fought three times in that story.
First fight - Venom lost but took crazy amount of punishment with a smile on his face, which right there was a sign that he will be written as a challenge to Juggs. He's knocked into toxins and develops like 20 different personalities, voices in his head etc.
Second fight he's under the influence of the toxins and does well for himself.
Before the third fight he purges the toxins and is back to his usual self. Selves.
And he does extremely well again making Juggs bfr himself because durr...

We can waste time looking into it some more but at the end of the day it was a Venom centric story written specifically to show that he can hang with the best of them. If you don't want to take my word for it at the end of the story Venom literally looks through the forth wall at the audience and goes "See? We can totally hang with the best of them!" So let's not over analyze this too much.

ShadowFyre
Most of it is vodka anyway so it's a winwin for Carver.

Seriously guys, Venom was not physically amped, he was never said to be physically amped in any of the issues, the whole story was about him going bonkers because of the toxins. Toxin amp is a myth started because Venom did extremely well against Juggernaut when in reality it was simply a very good showing for him unless I'm misremembering it completely. They fought three times in that story.
First fight - Venom lost but took crazy amount of punishment with a smile on his face, which right there was a sign that he will be written as a challenge to Juggs. He's knocked into toxins and develops like 20 different personalities, voices in his head etc.
Second fight he's under the influence of the toxins and does well for himself.
Before the third fight he purges the toxins and is back to his usual self. Selves.
And he does extremely well again making Juggs bfr himself because durr...

We can waste time looking into it some more but at the end of the day it was a Venom centric story written specifically to show that he can hang with the best of them. If you don't want to take my word for it at the end of the story Venom literally looks through the forth wall at the audience and goes "See? We can totally hang with the best of them!" So let's not over analyze this too much.

Totally forgot about that last part. Good shit Sam. Total stalemate IMO. But if there was a scorecard, Pete would get crushed, way to slow for Brock.

StiltmanFTW
Colossus actually has enhanced speed. He's not a slow brick.

StiltmanFTW
Kinda weird Venom did so well against Juggy, but got his ass handed to him by Prof Hulk (who was Cain's b!tch).

ShadowFyre
I know he's not, and he is more skilled in actual h2h. Venom is outright faster than Spidey but less agile, nimble. Either way, don't see this really being anything other than stalemate really

abhilegend
Kinda weird Venom did so well against Juggy, but got his ass handed to him by Prof Hulk (who was Cain's b!tch).
Wut? Merged hulk brought Cain to his knees in two punches. When Cain beat him, it was due to Hulk holding back due to not recognizing Cain in plain clothes.

carver9
thumb up

I think Stilt knew that (I hope).

StiltmanFTW
The fight against Juggy in his civies is the only actual... fight. Holding back? Pft. First few blows should've alerted Banner what he's up against. Silly excuses.

@Shadow

More like on par with Spidey's speed, that's what was stated on panel.

carver9
The fight against Juggy in his civies is the only actual... fight. Holding back? Pft. First few blows should've alerted Banner what he's up against. Silly excuses.

@Shadow

Only actual fight?

juggernaut74

Pretty much.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Only actual fight?
Yes, as the punch-in-the-gut incident was far from being a fight scenario.

carver9
Yes, as the punch-in-the-gut incident was far from being a fight scenario.

Why wasn't it a fighting scenario?

juggernaut74
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusvsVenom4.jpg

vansonbee
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusvsVenom4.jpg Wow, Gargan Venom was no where close to giving Pete hell.

I believe Eddie strength would fair no better, unless he plays smart. He would win, but through other means, like suffocation with his strong webbing around Colossus mouth/nose.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by vansonbee
Wow, Gargan Venom was no where close to giving Pete hell.

I believe Eddie strength would fair no better, unless he plays smart. He would win, but through other means, like suffocation with his strong webbing around Colossus mouth/nose. Venom is a lot faster than Colossus so he could use his speed also.

carver9
@Stilt...

He looked right at Hulk salting towards him in a threatening fashion.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAvengers63.jpg.html

juggernaut74
Anybody have than scan of Gargan Venom owning Wonder Man? zopzop posted if a while back.

abhilegend

@Shadow

It was an idiotic moment for Hulk but its what is on print.

So, no.

KingD19
Originally posted by vansonbee
like suffocation with his strong webbing around Colossus mouth/nose.

You realize Colossus doesn't need to breathe, correct?

Board Walker
Originally posted by KingD19
You realize Colossus doesn't need to breathe, correct?

But you do know that if enough webbing was put inside of Colossus he would explode right?

KingD19
Originally posted by Board Walker
But you do know that if enough webbing was put inside of Colossus he would explode right?

Show me a time when Venom somehow force fed someone stronger and more durable than them webbing. When has that ever happened in comics?

Board Walker
Originally posted by KingD19
Show me a time when Venom somehow force fed someone stronger and more durable than them webbing. When has that ever happened in comics?

Ask and you shall be given!

http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/venom/french.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/23374/3428763-7679577381-Marve.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
@Stilt...

He looked right at Hulk salting towards him in a threatening fashion.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media-full/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAvengers63.jpg.html

Juggs was playing his part in the ruse to the end, imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.