Alternative universe versions that won you over?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HueyFreeman
With both marvel and dc having their multiverse stories I'm curious. Are there any mainstream universe characters you dislike, yet like their alternate counterpart.

For me I'm not a wolverine fan yet I liked old man logan.

Mindship
I was never a fan of Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman 1 Million is pretty cool.

iceman24567
Tangent Superman

Digi
JLA / Authority

The latter was the former, only...interesting.

And in fairness, I enjoy a couple of them in their solo books, like Batman and Johns' run on GL.

Also, Ultimate FF was, from the beginning, much better than 616 imo. Same with Xmen until around Ultimatum.

Galan007
Never been a huge fan of Superman, but I loved All-Star Superman.

Same coin, I was never overly fond of the Avengers, but I enjoyed the hell out of The Ultimates(I-II.)

One_Angry_Scot
Not that I disliked Reed from 616 but I'm a big fan of Ultimate Reed. Glad he's getting a lot of appearances.

zopzop
From Marvel -
Ultimate Namor. 616 Namor is ok and all but this version was awesome. Physical stats seemed to be comparable but the hydrokinesis was a nice touch and makes total sense for a character like Namor.

From DC -
Brutaal. Bizarro is a moronic character (stupid character design and all) but this dude is all sorts of badass. I really want a banner/avatar combo of this guy.

shadowknight
Dark Knight Batman, Injustice Superman, Dark Son Superman are some of the bets portrayal of SH in my opinion.

Badabing
Thomas Wayne Batman. Ultimate Namor.

abhilegend
Hyperion was pretty Meh for me but I loved Supreme Power Hyperion.

riv6672
KC Superman is everything DCnu Superman isnt, and a lot of what he needs to be.

ODG
Originally posted by Galan007
All-Star Superman. Nuff said.

DarkSaint85
Hulk: The End was the best Hulk for me.

Especially at the end, when he was dead.

Only kidding, I don't read Hulk.

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

lol

Sin I AM
Earth x, all star,

Martian_mind
Red Son Superman. By far my favorite depiction.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

We know. evil face

zom1967
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Not that I disliked Reed from 616 but I'm a big fan of Ultimate Reed. Glad he's getting a lot of appearances. This shows how dangerous the mind of reed richards can be.

Insane Titan
As galan said, AS Superman is excellent

riv6672
Gotham by Gaslight Batman should have been an ongoing for years now. Great Batman.

Insane Titan
Marvels Zombieverse was pretty good to start with.

GRPerry
Liked the Asgard/Latveria War idea referenced in Age of Ultron. Would enjoy seeing that expanded on.

celeyhyga17
Ultraman,Johnny Quick, & Atomica(Forever Evil)
Old King Thor
AS Superman

zom1967
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Marvels Zombieverse was pretty good to start with. I am also I am a big fan of the walking dead.But I know you don`t care cause you hate me for no reason!

Insane Titan
Originally posted by zom1967
I am also I am a big fan of the walking dead.But I know you don`t care cause you hate me for no reason! to "hate" you I'd have to actually give a shit about you in the first place smile

carver9
Originally posted by zom1967
I am also I am a big fan of the walking dead.But I know you don`t care cause you hate me for no reason!

no expression

staxamillion
The Dark Knight Returns
Red Son

Marvel Limbo
Mojoverse

Bentley
Doom sucks, but there is an alternate version of Doom that's actually Kang, so that one rules.

Philosophía
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
With both marvel and dc having their multiverse stories I'm curious. Are there any mainstream universe characters you dislike, yet like their alternate counterpart.

For me I'm not a wolverine fan yet I liked old man logan. Hm, this is hard, because I also have to not like the mainstream version of the character.

What abhi mention would be my first guess - Supreme Power Hyperion is one.
Red Son Lex Luthor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.