Wonder Woman 'V' Marvel U

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No Prep..
No B.F.R..
Dcnu..

Wonder Woman

Vs

This is a question for everybody.. Can anyone give some female names good or bad in Marvel U that you feel can defeat Wonder Woman in a 10 fight majority wins one on one battle with standard gear only matchup ?

Only Marvel U females that are at Wonder Woman level or below allowed.

zopzop
A non-jobbing Rachel Summers Phoenix.
Female Thor.

Branlor Swift
Squirrel Girl

Star428
Originally posted by zopzop
Female Thor.

...and yet, you don't think Black Adam would beat her.... Hilarious.

carver9
No one named is pulling a majority against Wonder Woman. There's no female in MU that is pulling a majority against her that is in the same tier.

carver9
I take it back, Xenith would be an amazing fight for Wonder Woman.

Supermex
Would Spectrum have a shot ?

Standard Rachel Summers ?

Captain Marvel ?

She-Hulk ?

Lady Thor maybe

Angela maybe

Just putting some names out there

Henry_Pym
Captain Universe

Extremis Ultron (naked Wasp)

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
No one named is pulling a majority against Wonder Woman. There's no female in MU that is pulling a majority against her that is in the same tier. So you don't think a "non jobbing" Rachel would beat her? Rachel "I destroy solar systems against a nigh Merlin level being and beat a hungry Galactus solo" Summers? Though she doesn't really job anyway, that's more zop being dissapointed in her. She has like one low feat.

Squirrel Girl beat Thanos with a universal artifact too so I yeah. Wonder Woman would certainly win there.

lol at Xenith having a good fight but Rachel and SG lose.

Stoic
Originally posted by Supermex
Would Spectrum have a shot ?

Standard Rachel Summers ?

Captain Marvel ?

She-Hulk ?

Lady Thor maybe

Angela maybe

Just putting some names out there

They would all give her a fight. Angela would give her the best one (being a near clone of her), but none would beat her due to a long history of feats that they could never begin to compete with. The female Thanos clone Terraxia would have likely killed her but she was considered to be in the trans tier I believe.

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So you don't think a "non jobbing" Rachel would beat her? Rachel "I destroy solar systems against a nigh Merlin level being?"......
Looking back over that issue, she was actually holding back because she didn't want to escalate the fight and destroy the universe. So that one is my bad.

IMHO, she does job a lot though. There were situations where her powers were ideal in solving a problem, yet she doesn't make use of them. Examples : resisting mental takeover from Mordred and failing to notice Thor wasn't really Juggernaut (She's a high level telepath (even without the PF), how could she NOT know? And yes I realized Loki cast a spell on Thor, but still). Marvel did her dirty.

zopzop
Originally posted by Star428
...and yet, you don't think Black Adam would beat her.... Hilarious.
Whor and/or Thor > BA. That's why.

leonidas
phoenix rachel could certainly do it, but she was inconsistent as hell. if we use her better feats, she would clearly beat diana. her only chance would be if rachel fought like an idiot (as she often did in a team setting....) and deflected her power via the bracelets back at her for a ko. spiral ko'd her once by reflecting her power at her via a spell. it certainly isn't likely though. i don't think diana could even ko her if it got physical.... at her best rachel as beyond herald though, so, maybe not a fair comparison.

she-thor would obviously be very entertaining and could certainly get some wins though diana is very well suited for that battle. spectrum would be a tough match up since she is energy--be tough for diana's power set to match up so i'd say she could probably take her for a majority.

xenith would be fun, but i'd take diana in that--that type of brawl is in her wheel-house. angela hasn't impressed me like i thought she would. gamora would last a bit due to skill but would lose, especially with some of her recent showings.

sue would be very interesting and could potentially take her if she went for the kill right away. given psylocke's new power levels, it's possible she could make things interesting as well--but only if her tp would work full time. there is both proof she is immune, and evidence that says she isn't....

scarlet witch has showings all over the place, and diana has beaten circe, but wanda can be beastly. obviously cap universe has potential as well.

the characters that have a chance are the ones with the kind of exotic style powersets. she has speed, strength, durability, but even the lasso is a physical weapon. if some of the most powerful women can avoid getting in close, they could take her out.

Supermex
Originally posted by leonidas
phoenix rachel could certainly do it, but she was inconsistent as hell. if we use her better feats, she would clearly beat diana. her only chance would be if rachel fought like an idiot (as she often did in a team setting....) and deflected her power via the bracelets back at her for a ko. spiral ko'd her once by reflecting her power at her via a spell. it certainly isn't likely though. i don't think diana could even ko her if it got physical.... at her best rachel as beyond herald though, so, maybe not a fair comparison.

she-thor would obviously be very entertaining and could certainly get some wins though diana is very well suited for that battle. spectrum would be a tough match up since she is energy--be tough for diana's power set to match up so i'd say she could probably take her for a majority.

xenith would be fun, but i'd take diana in that--that type of brawl is in her wheel-house. angela hasn't impressed me like i thought she would. gamora would last a bit due to skill but would lose, especially with some of her recent showings.

sue would be very interesting and could potentially take her if she went for the kill right away. given psylocke's new power levels, it's possible she could make things interesting as well--but only if her tp would work full time. there is both proof she is immune, and evidence that says she isn't....

scarlet witch has showings all over the place, and diana has beaten circe, but wanda can be beastly. obviously cap universe has potential as well.

the characters that have a chance are the ones with the kind of exotic style powersets. she has speed, strength, durability, but even the lasso is a physical weapon. if some of the most powerful women can avoid getting in close, they could take her out.

Nice breakdown!!

Wonder Woman is one tough lady!

Supermex
So possible winners might be as followed..

Scarlet Witch

Spectrum

Angela

Lady Thor

Rachel Summers if she is not over powered

How about Sersi ?

zopzop
Originally posted by Supermex
How about Sersi ?
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. I can't believe I didn't think of her.

Sersi has all the tools to take out Diana for the vast majority. She's strong enough to KO Immortal Herc, her TP is so powerful she stalemated Exodus with it, she has powerful TK shields, and her matter manipulation powers are second to none in the herald tier.

JBL
Zenith.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So you don't think a "non jobbing" Rachel would beat her? Rachel "I destroy solar systems against a nigh Merlin level being and beat a hungry Galactus solo" Summers? Though she doesn't really job anyway, that's more zop being dissapointed in her. She has like one low feat.

Squirrel Girl beat Thanos with a universal artifact too so I yeah. Wonder Woman would certainly win there.

lol at Xenith having a good fight but Rachel and SG lose.

I don't know about Rachel 'pulling a majority' but she could win some.

Squirrel girl? Not a serious character, at all.

Xenith would be the best choice imo.

Supermex
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. I can't believe I didn't think of her.

Sersi has all the tools to take out Diana for the vast majority. She's strong enough to KO Immortal Herc, her TP is so powerful she stalemated Exodus with it, she has powerful TK shields, and her matter manipulation powers are second to none in the herald tier.

Yup I believe Sersi is the top Marvel choice to defeat Wonder Woman in one on one battle.

Spectrum might be able to do it as well.

Xenith is the other pick I see people post as a real threat to WW.

carver9
Xenith mud stomped Ravenous and she also did this...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/25733/1139843-sc00051b1a.jpg

She physically overpowered storm breaker enchantment. Can't get any better than that.

JBL

She physically overpowered storm breaker enchantment. Can't get any better than that. Well, her cousin is gladiator and like him, her strength increases if they set their mind to do something or believe in themselves. WW could never lift stormbreaker on sheer strength, hell superman could not even lift thors hammer on strength and its the same enchantment. (may have upset some here, but feats are feats)

abhilegend

She physically overpowered storm breaker enchantment. Can't get any better than that.
Stormbreaker didn't have an enchantment there..

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Well, her cousin is gladiator and like him, her strength increases if they set their mind to do something or believe in themselves. WW could never lift stormbreaker on sheer strength, hell superman could not even lift thors hammer on strength and its the same enchantment. (may have upset some here, but feats are feats)
Lulz.

DarkSaint85
How about.....Proxima Midnight?

krisblaze
Rachel can NOT beat any herald 10/10.

She's so inconsistent in Excalibur it's ridiculous.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Stormbreaker didn't have an enchantment there..

Yeah lol, you'd think the cosmic version of BRB and the hammer would give it away.

zopzop
Originally posted by krisblaze
Rachel can NOT beat any herald 10/10.

She's so inconsistent in Excalibur it's ridiculous.
She held back..........a lot. That's not to say she never jobbed. Just pointing this out.
http://s9.postimg.org/sd3lsvzbv/1640167_phoenix_rachel_vs_necrom_07.jpg

Why was she struggling to even lift it? There had to have been some force in play that was trying to prevent her from lifting that hammer.

DarkSaint85
She's that weak?

I've reported carver for this pitiful excuse of an example.

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
She's that weak?

I've reported carver for this pitiful excuse of an example.
Surfer created that hammer and empowered that version of BRB (I believe). I wish someone posted the scans relevant to it's creation. I want to see what went down there.

krisblaze
Odin and Surfer powered BRB with some kind of synthesis of the power cosmic and the odinforce.

Bad concept, got scrapped quickly.

zopzop
Odin and Surfer powered BRB with some kind of synthesis of the power cosmic and the odinforce.

Bad concept, got scrapped quickly.
Wait, so there WAS some Odinforce used in the creation of that hammer? I thought SS 'merely' synthesized the OF and Odin had no part in it.

Then it is an impressive lifting feat for her.

krisblaze
Wait, so there WAS some Odinforce used in the creation of that hammer? I thought SS 'merely' synthesized the OF and Odin had no part in it.

Then it is an impressive lifting feat for her.

I'm not sure if I understand the difference, haha.

They held hands or something and Odin let him synthesize it, so I assumed some part of it was imparted onto BRB.

zopzop
I'm not sure if I understand the difference, haha.

I originally thought that Surfer did it all himself with no outside assistance from Odin. But it seems it was a combo effort with Surfer and Odin contributing some power each?

basilisk
Xenith is actually a pretty good pick. But I'm still not sure she can take a full 10/10. I don't see them as being that far apart and WW has weapons.

Sue probably could take some.

Spectrum - again, I think a split.

Squirrel Girl is above WWs level so doesn't come into it.

Sersi could be the best choice. She's strong enough to hang when she cuts loose, and her other powers would be trouble.

carver9
The enchantment was still in effect with Mjlonir. Also, Xenith isn't beating Diana 10/10 but the majority is debatable. Xenith was a monster.

JBL

She held back..........a lot. That's not to say she never jobbed. Just pointing this out.

Why was she struggling to even lift it? There had to have been some force in play that was trying to prevent her from lifting that hammer. I guess certain people here think that hammer had the weight of a planet with no mystic force working against xenith. BRB knows his hammer well and could not believe his own eyes when xenith lifted it. Pretty simple to understand really, but its going to be lowballed to try and save face for you know who.

Sin I AM
Sersi stomps so does snowbird

Golgo13
A non-jobbing Rachel Summers Phoenix.

laughing out loud

You mean the one who lost to Quasar and Thor? Rachel is a waste.

Mr Master

Hyperbole. At the rate they were going it would've taken an infinite amount of time to destroy a universe.

Neither Rachel nor Necrom had the power out-put to one-shot a single solar system.

100s of millions of solar systems in a single galaxy. Universe? Fahgettaboudit.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master
Hyperbole. At the rate they were going it would've taken an infinite amount of time to destroy a universe.

Neither Rachel nor Necrom had the power out-put to one-shot a single solar system.

100s of millions of solar systems in a single galaxy. Universe? Fahgettaboudit.
Rachel was holding back though, by her own admission and so, in a way, was Necrom. He didn't want to kill her because he wanted the PF from her. So he was slowly escalating his attacks in order for her to keep tapping into the PF. He couldn't access the PF without her.

Mr Master

Rachel was holding back though, by her own admission and so, in a way, was Necrom. He didn't want to kill her because he wanted the PF from her. So he was slowly escalating his attacks in order for her to keep tapping into the PF. He couldn't access the PF without her.
Give the Silver Surfer enough time and he can destroy the contents of the universe too.

Well, might be stretching a bit but my point is, that's something they "may have" accomplished with time,
but Rachel also literally stated:
that neither herself or Necrom had the power out-put to take out the Solar System,
which is why Necrom had to use his surroundings to do it.
(a couple moons, a planet or two, and finally the gas giant to finish the job)

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17424739_PF.jpg

So whatever her "not holding back" potential is ... it's below Solar System buster.

They weren't destroying solar systems good friend, not even one outright.
Necrom took chunks out first then ignited a gas giant to finalize the destruction,
that's as far as they were going according to Rachel's own words.

Imo, Rachel would've helped destroy solar systems faster if she had joined Necrom's maneuvers,
but I also think that statement is hyperbolic, cause the circumstances
would've had to been them fighting without interruption for a very long time, (many solar systems in a galaxy)
before taking out the universe imo.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master
Give the Silver Surfer enough time and he can destroy the contents of the universe too.

Well, might be stretching a bit but my point is, that's something they "may have" accomplished with time,
but Rachel also literally stated:
that neither herself or Necrom had the power out-put to take out the Solar System,
which is why Necrom had to use his surroundings to do it.
(a couple moons, a planet or two, and finally the gas giant to finish the job)

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17424739_PF.jpg

So whatever her "not holding back" potential is ... it's below Solar System buster.

They weren't destroying solar systems good friend, not even one outright.
Necrom took chunks out first then ignited a gas giant to finalize the destruction,
that's as far as they were going according to Rachel's own words.

Imo, Rachel would've helped destroy solar systems faster if she had joined Necrom's maneuvers,
but I also think that statement is hyperbolic, cause the circumstances
would've had to been them fighting without interruption for a very long time, (many solar systems in a galaxy)
before taking out the universe imo.
Mr. M, that statement doesn't disqualify them as potential universe busters. The writer of that arc (and it was expanded on later) said that the PF draws power from the 'near infinite elemental forces of the universe'. On it's own, in it's natural state, it doesn't need to do that, but when it enters this level of reality, it feeds off those outside sources of power present in the universe to sustain itself. That's why Necrom was lashing out using the environment, he could only access the PF at whatever level Rachel was using and Rachel was holding back........... a lot. He was elated when she charged him and he had a chance to get the whole thing from her. She willed the PF to hand over it's full power to him and he exploded.

Later, when the PF possessed Rachel confronts Galactus, he tells it out right that it's source of power is infinite and that source of power is all life not yet born.

So the PF under Davis was indeed a universal power. Later writers don't seem to think so.

abhilegend
For anybody who has doubts on Xenith lifting stormbreaker, here is the context.

Originally posted by Galan007
That is from Cosmic Powers Unlimited #5, which is canon.

The issue prior, Throkk lifted Stormbreaker as well:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062956_1.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062957_2.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062958_3.jpg

In this series, Bill and Stormbreaker were resurrected by Surfer and Odin combining their energies. The finished product resulted in a being who was no longer recognizable as an Asgardian, which is why Odin no longer permitted him in Asgard:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062977_4.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062978_5.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062979_6.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062980_7.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062981_8.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062982_9.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17062983_10.jpg

I'm guessing that's why the 'unliftability' of Stormbreaker had clearly diminished.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.