Cyclops Vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
No prep. No BFR. Fight starts on a Hell's Kitchen rooftop at sunset.

relentless1
cyclops.............................................gets dummied

Vanguard
I like DD way more than Cyclops. It's hard to say. Probably Cyclops unfortunately, but it's close. Black Panther kicks both their asses though.

Henry_Pym
I wouldn't be surprised if Scott one shot him at the bell honestly.

riv6672
He has the capability.

Magic Joe
Scott has to end it quickly or else gktfo

riv6672
Originally posted by Magic Joe
Scott has to end it quickly or else gktfo
Thats how i see it, though i figure there might be other scenarios.

KingD19
Scott knows enough about Daredevil that he knows a h2h fight is not what he wants. Wide spectrum beam puts DD down in short order.

Branlor Swift
Honest assessment of how this would go:

I see Matt and Cyke both throwing range attacks at the same time. Cyke with his heat vision and Matt throws the billy club. The club arrives slightly before the heat vision and Matt narrowly ducks the beam a split second before it hits.

Then he leaps in the air and rams Cyclops all the way through the planet into the sun and the solar flare destroys the Earth.

riv6672
Ha, better than Cyclops getting his dick punched off. thumb up

dyajeep
i like both, although i like Cyke more...

Cyclops spells trouble for street-levelers esp. any character who fights in melee or short range... this is actually 10/10 in Cyke's favor... but knowing how writers "write" stuff, they will find a way for Cyke's opponent to rush in close and knock him out, implying that he will just stand there and do nothing...

it is also as if the fight becomes H2H, it's automatic Cyke KO... Cyke is a decent martial artist himself and if the fight came close, it would only mean that there is a higher possibility for him to unleash an optic blast point blank...

correct me if i'm wrong but DD's radar sense is not precog, right? not unlike Spidey's spider-sense... DD senses his opponents real time and reacts real time, this showcases DD's agility and reflexes...

no matter how i like DD, this fight is Cyke's 9/10... smile

riv6672
I cant say i agree, but thats a good breakdown of the fight on your part. thumb up

golem370
Unless things have changed Scott's blasts don't produce heat

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by golem370

THAT'S the only quibble you have with Bran's post?

riv6672
Well its like a broken egg in a carton of rotten eggs. Not really a huge deal.

golem370
If they are on the same rooftop and not much distance between then it is Daredevil speed agility and reflexes vs Beam Strength reaction time. Close up Cyclops imo

SamZED
DD in a comic book fight
Cyke in a forum fight

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by golem370
It gets forgotten in 616, alt universes, games, movies, everything.

iodarwar
Daredevil easily

riv6672
O want to ask for rlsboration, but every new member usually turns out to be someone's sock. erm

StiltmanFTW
You didn't specify the Cyclops' version and in this thread it's particularly important.

Classic (post-Krakoa) Cyclops? Bendis' Cyclops with beams that he could not fully control?

Rules say it's the current one. And that means regaining-phoenix-powers Cyclops.

Daredevil beats Bendis' version. Has a hard time against Post-Krakoa. Loses vs. Phoenix. Stomps Original.

riv6672
Yeah it gets pretty hard with all the amps characters get.
Even saying "classic version" will net you 12 different answers, all anal.
Thats why i just let this one go and have been reading results.

cdtm
Matt isn't dodging "Get off my lawn".

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
O want to ask for rlsboration, but every new member usually turns out to be someone's sock. erm

We both know KMC is really two people controlling socks. You and me are really the same guy. smile

dyajeep
Originally posted by SamZED
DD in a comic book fight
Cyke in a forum fight

thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
We both know KMC is really two people controlling socks. You and me are really the same guy. smile
Quiet, me! embarrasment

StiltmanFTW
Matt isn't dodging "Get off my lawn".

Actually, he may be able to do that.

GOML blast counts as a high showing, even if Cyke did it a few times here and there. That means we should allow DD to use the magic ninja vanish thing - assuming he can do that, of course. Wolverine and Batman have both shown that ability, not 100% sure about DD, but it really should be within his abilities.

riv6672
It should, considering the OP stips.

dyajeep
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Actually, he may be able to do that.

GOML blast counts as a high showing, even if Cyke did it a few times here and there. That means we should allow DD to use the magic ninja vanish thing - assuming he can do that, of course. Wolverine and Batman have both shown that ability, not 100% sure about DD, but it really should be within his abilities.

DD might be able to do that but in a lesser percentage compared to Cyke's GOML blast that he can do in a daily basis, higher accuracy and considering the speed of the blast...

riv6672
Thats all conjectury, though. I'd say each has equal chance.

Dream Stuff
Given the urban environment, I give DD a small, but not insignnificant, chance to use his vastly superior reflexes and speed to partially evade/seek cover at the start of the fight to maybe survive being on Cyke's lawn. After that, even likely wounded, he'll be able to sneak up on Cyke and slaughter him in melee combat.

So, Cyke 7/10?

ODG
Matt isn't dodging "Get off my lawn". I guess I'd agree with this but Cyclops is in-character so I highly doubt he'd use it on someone like Daredevil.

deathslash
I see the fight starting and the moment that cyke starts to blast at DD, Matt jumps off the building and swings into the one of the lower floors of the building. They both start to play a game of cat and mouse that DD will eventually win (due to superior stealth abilities, fighting skill, and a more comprehensive knowledge of the battleground)

Mindset
Matt isn't dodging "Get off my lawn". He could burrow into the ground like Kakashi.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
He could burrow into the ground like Kakashi.

Like a mole, which is also blind.

#Logic #Science #IrrefutableProof

riv6672
I dont use blood lusted characters, so DD really wouldnt be on Cyke's lawn.

beatboks
Originally posted by SamZED
DD in a comic book fight
Cyke in a forum fight
this after all DD has soloed the xmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.