Mjlonir vs Green Lantern ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
1. Which one is overall more powerful?
2. Which weapon is more versatile?
3. Has the best showing against upper tier beings?
4. Is more consistently powerful (let's use Thor for Mjlonir and Hal for the ring)?
5. Harder to destroy/damage.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by carver9
4. Is more consistently powerful (let's use Thor for Mjlonir and Hal for the ring)?

1) Mjolnir
2) Green Lantern Ring
3) Mjolnir
4) Mjolnir
5) Mjolnir.

I'd still rather have a Green Lantern ring. I'd like having a super computer and the creativity that comes with the ring outside of constructs ((outside of John's era since that seems like all they can do currently).

zopzop
1) Mjolnir
2) Mjolnir
3) Mjolnir
4) Mjolnir
5) Mjolnir

I'd rather have Mjolnir since you get ALL of Thor's power with it (CL100 strength and all the god stats). It absolutely sh|ts all over a GL ring.

Digi
The only one of Blair's answers that should be remotely controversial is his #1. In theory, the ring is more powerful as well as more versatile. On the rest, cosigned.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Digi
The only one of Blair's answers that should be remotely controversial is his #1. In theory, the ring is more powerful as well as more versatile. On the rest, cosigned.

I'll take it.

Digi says GL Ring > Mjolnir. You heard it here first.

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I'll take it.

Digi says GL Ring > Mjolnir. You heard it here first.

Lol. There's theory and in practice. I didn't argue with your opinion that Mjolnir is more consistently powerful.

Time Immemorial
The ring creates a hammer and lightning.

Boom

Board Walker
The actual Power Ring that the character Power Ring has (is supernatural/magic based) >>> GL power ring > Mjolnir

abhilegend
For all of mjolnir feats, Krona buster is still the best feat of the two weapons.

riv6672
1) Mjolnir
2) Green Lantern Ring
3) Mjolnir
4) Mjolnir
5) Mjolnir.

Surtur
I think people should rethink calling the rings more versatile. It would seem to be the case at first glance, but it is misleading. We have a bunch of ring wielders, who wield their rings in different ways. We have one Thor, and while he has busted out a bunch of esoterics he tends not to use it a lot, but it doesn't mean it is not there. People are used to seeing him just throw his hammer at people or shoot lightning out of it.

But I don't think this is about theories. You can only go by what they have done. Thor's hammer is just more powerful then any single ring.

Digi
Originally posted by Surtur
But I don't think this is about theories. You can only go by what they have done.

It isn't entirely, though. The best feats of both are fairly comparable. Mjolnir is better on average, which I've also said in this thread, but that's not the same as saying it's the most powerful.

relentless1
the ring for sure has more range and abilities but mjolnir has more power, plus ring constructs get shattered all the time so ill say mjolnir is a superior weapon overall

Insane Titan
Hammer in everything

krisblaze
Mjolnir has some sick feats, but certainly no creation feats that go above John Stewart's attempted "galaxy creation" stuff from Johns' arc? Which, to me at least, only seemed to fail because the rings were limited to a set charge back then.

"Id"
Which GL Ring. Current Ring or Kyle's Special Ring?

Going with Kyle's Special Ring

Its a wash, since either can output High Levels of energy.

The advantage is Mijlonir grants you innate class 100 physical prowess, where the GL ring you need to will yourself said physical attributes.

Barring God Blast, or the Anti Force (since those energy blasts are unique to Thor.) A GL Ring can output a higher offense blast. If anyone not name Odinson can draw out said blasts, than the argument is a wash.

GL ring.

Like the mallet it can rearrange matter. Manipulate, store, and redirect energy.

Unlike the mallet it can create complex contracts like life like human constructs or advance tech like the Heaven's ladder.

Mijlonir

Mijlonir

Mijlonir

With that said. I would still pick Kyle Special Ring, as it had no draw backs and operated at a higher standard than the current rings. Or the White Ring.

Sin I AM
Are constructs a good averaging point for rings? I read less and less gl stuff lately. They seem to constantly be disrespected

riv6672
The ring's ability to create constructs will always give it the versatility edge.
Someone could perform surgery with a GL ring.

After Mjolnir makes it necessary for that person to have surgery by beating him half to death.

quanchi112
Hammer in all.

Reflassshh
I knew you liked hammers more than rings, Quan. Glad to see you're getting out of the closet now. thumb up

Golgo13
Originally posted by abhilegend
For all of mjolnir feats, Krona buster is still the best feat of the two weapons.

That feat was insane.

Golgo13
Originally posted by "Id"
Which GL Ring. Current Ring or Kyle's Special Ring?

Going with Kyle's Special Ring

Its a wash, since either can output High Levels of energy.

The advantage is Mijlonir grants you innate class 100 physical prowess, where the GL ring you need to will yourself said physical attributes.

Barring God Blast, or the Anti Force (since those energy blasts are unique to Thor.) A GL Ring can output a higher offense blast. If anyone not name Odinson can draw out said blasts, than the argument is a wash.

GL ring.

Like the mallet it can rearrange matter. Manipulate, store, and redirect energy.

Unlike the mallet it can create complex contracts like life like human constructs or advance tech like the Heaven's ladder.

Mijlonir

Mijlonir

Mijlonir

With that said. I would still pick Kyle Special Ring, as it had no draw backs and operated at a higher standard than the current rings. Or the White Ring.

Kyle's special ring? What happened to it?

"Id"
It stopped being special, the moment he restored the Central Battery, and GL Corp

It was a ring with no restrictions, protocols, or limitations.

God Golgo, do you read comics or just skim through wiki, and lurk respect threads?

Golgo13
It stopped being special, the moment he restored the Central Battery, and GL Corp

God Golgo, do you read comics or just skim through wiki, and lurk respect threads?

No, I rely on your posts. stick out tongue

I don't have access to older books on average.

riv6672
Originally posted by Reflassshh
I knew you liked hammers more than rings, Quan. Glad to see you're getting out of the closet now. thumb up
laughing but then embarrasment

Reflassshh
Don't laugh pls, we don't want him to feel bad now that he's making such progresses. sad

Now he has to openly admit his love for Rob's mjolnir.

cdtm

"Impossible! How can you block my laser!"

"Yellows just another color to me."

Kyle also didn't have the advantage of ring AI, or training. Figured out everything on his own.

And I have to laugh at the common wisdom that a GL construct has to be based on things people understand.

Kyle was making damned dragons and mech suits. Sure, as an artist fantasy and sci fi is his thing, but what artist really understands how their creations work on a practical level?

riv6672
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Don't laugh pls, we don't want him to feel bad now that he's making such progresses. sad

Now he has to openly admit his love for Rob's mjolnir.
Mum's the word.

Surtur
It isn't entirely, though. The best feats of both are fairly comparable. Mjolnir is better on average, which I've also said in this thread, but that's not the same as saying it's the most powerful.

What is the best feat for a lone power ring?

cdtm

Well, off the top of my head:

a good feat is Guy Gardner bringing The Shark back to life by folding time over onto itself. That's something you'd expect from the warlogog or time gem.

Hal's ring time froze the entire Earth a few times.

John Stewarts auto shields protected against a planet sized anti matter bomb.

Krona Buster.

Bottling up a super nova.

Containing the entire moon in a construct the Crime Syndicate couldn't break through for hours.

"Id"
Stabilizing The Earth

Compressing a black hole.

Shielding themselfs from solar system busting attack

cdtm
Really want a fear entity Sinestro skin for Injustice.

I'd probably have more fun with that then Yellow Lantern Hal or "Arrow" GA.

"Id"
I want Geoff to come back and write Sinestro.

He can stay the away from Kyle doe.

abhilegend
Oneshot killing Krona with all the power of emotional spectrum. Mind you, Parallax alone can give the host power level compared to Spectre.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.