Limitless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
http://deadline.com/2015/05/bradley-cooper-recur-limitless-cbs-1201425905/

Looks like we are going to be seeing more of Bradley Cooper.

Mindset
I really liked the movie.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
I really liked the movie.

Yea so did I, I am really exited to see where this goes. At the end of the movie he was running for Senator then President, so I don't understand how he starts working for the FBI as the plot suggests.

janus77
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Yea so did I, I am really exited to see where this goes. At the end of the movie he was running for Senator then President, so I don't understand how he starts working for the FBI as the plot suggests.
They've been watching The Blacklist and figured, what the ****, we can do that too!

Firefly218
Movie was ok, not great by any stretch

DARTH POWER
It was great premise. But the movie had some SERIOUS plot holes- Like how Bradley Cooper being so smart just forgets to pay off the Dodgy Gangster killer he borrowed from, which lead to his main problems in the rest of that movie.

Plus I still don't get why he couldn't call the police when they were breaking into his apartment killing everyone. But no, clearly the only solution was either Suicide or Taking the genius pill.

Those things ruined the movie for me.

marwash22
You wanted him to Call the police? By the time the police got there, he would have been dead and the bad guys gone. So, call the police to what end, so they could start the investigation into his murder sooner than they would have naturally?

i don't recall what you're referring to in regards to paying off the gangster.

Mindset
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It was great premise. But the movie had some SERIOUS plot holes- Like how Bradley Cooper being so smart just forgets to pay off the Dodgy Gangster killer he borrowed from, which lead to his main problems in the rest of that movie.

Plus I still don't get why he couldn't call the police when they were breaking into his apartment killing everyone. But no, clearly the only solution was either Suicide or Taking the genius pill.

Those things ruined the movie for me. He did pay off the gangster.

The gangster came after Cooper to get more pills.

marwash22
funny how people sometimes hate movies for no other reason than they didn't comprehend or pay attention to what was going on.

BruceSkywalker
never saw the film but will watch the tv show

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
never saw the film but will watch the tv show I'll watch you watch it.

TheVaultDweller
I enjoyed the film, but I am struggling to see how they are going to keep this idea interesting for a whole season. It's going to be hard to keep setting challenges for someone that can solve most issues in the space of seconds, using their super intelligence.

marwash22
trust me, he wont be the only one with the pills. There will be a "big bad" who has them, and that's where his challenges will come from.

DARTH POWER
He did pay off the gangster.

The gangster came after Cooper to get more pills.

He only found out about the pills because he had to chase him for payment. Because he "Forgot" to pay him.

Robtard
Eddie didn't really "forget" to repay Gennady, he was suffering from blackouts and large amounts of lost time due to the side effects of the drug shortly after he took the loan.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by marwash22
You wanted him to Call the police? By the time the police got there, he would have been dead and the bad guys gone. So, call the police to what end, so they could start the investigation into his murder sooner than they would have naturally?

LMAO

He was on the top floor of a massive skyscraper. The gangsters were going throught the building killing people and he had a reinforced door they had to drill through, and yet that's not enough time for the police to get there?

Damn the police really do suck in the States.

Also if you paid attention, the thing he was afraid of was THE WAY they were going to kill him- the whole reason he was going to kill himself. They were clearly going to take their time.

i don't recall what you're referring to in regards to paying off the gangster.

Then you weren't paying attention to his dumbest mistake in the film.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Robtard
Eddie didn't really "forget" to repay Gennady, he was suffering from blackouts and large amounts of lost time due to the side effects of the drug shortly after he took the loan.

Yeah but it's just the first thing he should have done when he made all that money. He was making money for a while before the blackouts.

He knew the kind of guy he was borrowing from, and was specifically warned what would happen if he didn't pay up. Plus hiding the kind of secret he was, it was just pure stupidity from the "super intelligent" guy.

Robtard
Yeah but it's just the first thing he should have done when he made all that money. He was making money for a while before the blackouts.

He knew the kind of guy he was borrowing from, and was specifically warned what would happen if he didn't pay up. Plus hiding the kind of secret he was, it was just pure stupidity from the "super intelligent" guy.

If you want to say "He should have paid Gennedy off right away" now, sure, that would have been a wise move.

But that's not the same as forgetting, the blackouts due to side-effects is what set the story in motion, not Eddie forgetting.

Mindset
You are both right, but Rob is more right.

Firefly218
You are both right, but Rob is more right.

thumb down

Quincy
I enjoyed the first half of the flick, right up until he went on that like italian vacation or something. I thought the tone was cooler for the first part

Robtard
Reported for racism against Italians.

Quincy
What? No way...that's not...that's not even...come on guys were all friends here...

Firefly218
Originally posted by Quincy
What? No way...that's not...that's not even...come on guys were all friends here...

You spelled we're wrong, dipshit.

#Reported

Surtur
I'm not even Italian and I'm offended. They are a lovely people and gave us a lot of lovely mob movies. Where would Joe Pesci be right now without the Italian people? I bet you didn't even consider where Pesci would be, nobody ever does.

marwash22
LMAO

He was on the top floor of a massive skyscraper. The gangsters were going throught the building killing people and he had a reinforced door they had to drill through, and yet that's not enough time for the police to get there?

Damn the police really do suck in the States.

Also if you paid attention, the thing he was afraid of was THE WAY they were going to kill him- the whole reason he was going to kill himself. They were clearly going to take their time.

Then you weren't paying attention to his dumbest mistake in the film. bermm

he had no idea they were even in the building until they knocked on his door.

There are holes in your supposed "plot hole".

DARTH POWER

Just seen the end again on Tv now. He actually did get his mobile out but there was no reception erm

Mr. Super Smart didn't bother getting a Landline with his high security apartment.

marwash22
okay? so, you were wrong and he did try to call the cops... there's another hole in your supposed plot hole.

a land line? lol, who has a land line?

you're reaching now. I'ma let you live you tho. It's okay that you didn't like the movie... for whatever reason you decide to make up. smile

DARTH POWER
okay? so, you were wrong and he did try to call the cops... there's another hole in your supposed plot hole.

a land line? lol, who has a land line?

You don't have landlines anymore in your part of the world? Bear in mind the film is 4 years old, and this guy was a millionaire, who only got that apartment for security reasons in the first place.

In any case just a page ago you were claiming it was a stupid idea to even call the Emergency services LMAO

your reaching now. I'ma let you live you tho. It's okay that you didn't like the movie... for whatever reason you decide to make up. smile

I tell you what, if I went super smart, and took a loan from some gangster type who promised to cut my waist if I didn't pay him back, I'd probably make paying him back as a priority.

I just don't like obvious and in your face potholes in a film. I'm sure you blind yourself to obvious plot holes when you enjoy a movie.

Mindset
Well, Rob explained the loan shark part.

marwash22
You don't have landlines anymore in your part of the world?

In any case just a page ago you were claiming it was a stupid idea to even call the Emergency services LMAO
no. a page ago i claimed (correctly) that calling the cops wouldn't have helped due to the bad guys killing him and escaping before they arrived.

you were wrong. it's not a big deal.

DARTH POWER
no. a page ago i claimed (correctly) that calling the cops wouldn't have helped due to the bad guys killing him and escaping before they arrived.

And I pointed out to you they had to drill through a frigging high security door first, and planned on questioning and torturing him for ages first.

Clearly the communication technologies and Emergency services really suck in wherever it is you're from.

you were wrong. it's not a big deal.

LMAO

DARTH POWER
Well, Rob explained the loan shark part.

Not really.. He explained it was "unwise" of him not to pay the loan shark back right away.

I'd argue the "unwise" part was going to him for a loan in the first place, and that not paying him back right away (when the loan shark threatened to cut his waist open) was just stupidity.

The black outs came after he'd already made good use out of the loan shark's money. Considering he had the money just laying in the bank when the Loan Shark came to him.

marwash22
k.

Mindset
Not really.. He explained it was "unwise" of him not to pay the loan shark back right away.

I'd argue the "unwise" part was going to him for a loan in the first place, and that not paying him back right away (when the loan shark threatened to cut his waist open) was just stupidity.

The black outs came after he'd already made good use out of the loan shark's money. Considering he had the money just laying in the bank when the Loan Shark came to him. Actually, paying him back at all would be stupid, should have just killed him.

smile

DARTH POWER
Actually, paying him back at all would be stupid, should have just killed him.

smile

I like your thinking.

jaden101
QqMe6pwSfIE

Mindset
I have a fully erect penis.

Time-Immemorial
Meh

http://deadline.com/2015/09/the-muppets-premiere-ratings-limitless-scream-queens-so-so-1201545855/

Time-Immemorial
Wow first episode was amazing!!!!

Time-Immemorial
Seriously must watch. The main actor is really cool.

marwash22
so if Bryan can unlock the portion of his brain that gives him synesthesia, allowing himself to see smells, doesn't it follow that he should be able to unlock the portion of his brain that would give him eidetic memory?

this show is pretty good, btw.

BruceSkywalker
being watching.. is pretty good but needs to be better

Robtard
Episode a week or two ago that spoofed 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' was exceptionally good.

Overall it's a decent show, started off a little slow but has since come together pretty well.

marwash22
Originally posted by Robtard
Episode a week or two ago that spoofed 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' was exceptionally good.

it's one of my all time favorite movies so you can imagine how into that episode i was.

Mindset
it's one of my all time favorite movies so you can imagine how into that episode i was. You hated it.

Robtard
it's one of my all time favorite movies so you can imagine how into that episode i was.

Very?

Dreampanther
This is one of those rare shows that actually gets better as it goes along. In the beginning it was struggling a bit to find its identity, but now the writers and the cast seem to be finding their feet.

Darth Thor
So is this series any good?

Starting here tomorrow, so just wondering whether to record it or not.

Enjoyed the film, aside from a few issues.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.