can Black Panther now upgraded beat Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SWblayde938
yes or no

h1a8
of course not. Spidey can still beat Panther IMO.

StiltmanFTW

Forum battle, no jobbing, full capacity... he can't.

In a comic book? Where Strange is sometimes useless and gets pwned by c-listers like Ghost? Sure, BP's chances in a comic wouldn't be bad.

Vanguard
Originally posted by SWblayde938
yes or no

This is a bad place to ask that question. People don't know shit about Black Panther here.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

KMC is one of the best message boards and Panther is given lots of respect here.

riv6672
Originally posted by Vanguard
This is a bad place to ask that question. People don't know shit about Black Panther here.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

KMC is one of the best message boards and Panther is given lots of respect here.

Yeah, BP gets TOO much respect here actually.
Thats why i clicked when i noticed this thread, to see if/how many posters would say BP wins.
I am pleasantly surprised.

wuleecat
Seconded.
Black Panther is the latest 'flavour of the month' who can do no wrong on here (it was Iron Fist for a while, and there have been others.). He gets some relatively recent upgrades and suddenly there are absurd claims about his uberness based on not much at all, and ignoring years of feats on the part of opponents who all of a sudden are getting chumped by a character who a year ago they would have walked all over.
Case in point, Black Panther's 'teleportation uberness'. Suddenly - apparently - he is owning Nightcrawler at this, the very skill which actually defines Nightcrawler.
It's stupid.

riv6672
Hadnt heard THAT one. Wow. Just smh and wow.

wuleecat
I don't think I was clear. He hasn't just owned Nightcrawler in a comic, it was just something I read in a recent post about Back Panther's overall awesomeness.

Supermutant
BP does have some resistance to magic, but a focus Strange should win.

http://i.imgur.com/PlQPVBZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sf4feIk.jpg

The Nuul
So which tier is BP in now with his upgrades in the comics?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Nuul
So which tier is BP in now with his upgrades in the comics?

Somewhere between Abstract and Over 9000.

Vanguard
Bullshit. Panther has lost literally every fight I've put him in. And he's constantly getting downed on this board. I've even had one poster confirm this.

krisblaze
Bullshit. Panther has lost literally every fight I've put him in. And he's constantly getting downed on this board. I've even had one poster confirm this.
Wow, you had one poster confirm it.

And then you had another poster say otherwise.

That's like two conflicting opinions.

About ONE character?

That's crazy.

Who would've expected it.

Imagine, here, of all places.

Here on a comicbook forum, in the vs section.

A group of people disagreeing on a character.

I just, I just need a minute to process this.

krisblaze

Let's look at these fights and consider the mad bias we're supposedly seeing.

Black Panther vs Fantomex:

Fantomex has complex and instant illusions that work on both biological and technological opponents no expression

Black Panther vs Vixen:

Vixen's just way out of his league here, this is an obvious mismatch.

Black Panther vs Bane:

Several people voted Panther, so you're wrong about him losing "literally every fight".

Black Panther vs Puck:

Two people replied, each granting a slight edge to Puck in pure h2h and edge to Panther with weapons.

Black Panther vs Talion:

People voted Black Panther.

Black Panther vs Nemesis:

Black Panther vs Sabretooth:

So out of 7 fights, 3 went to BP, 2 to his opponents and 2 even splits.

Yup, you sure were right.

riv6672
Oookay.
Agree to disagree about the inline treatment if the fictional character.

Vanguard
Originally posted by krisblaze
Let's look at these fights and consider the mad bias we're supposedly seeing.

Black Panther vs Fantomex:

Fantomex has complex and instant illusions that work on both biological and technological opponents no expression

Black Panther vs Vixen:

Vixen's just way out of his league here, this is an obvious mismatch.

Black Panther vs Bane:

Several people voted Panther, so you're wrong about him losing "literally every fight".

Black Panther vs Puck:

Two people replied, each granting a slight edge to Puck in pure h2h and edge to Panther with weapons.

Black Panther vs Talion:

Black Panther vs Nemesis:

Black Panther vs Sabretooth:

So out of 7 fights, 3 went to BP, 2 to his opponents and 2 even splits.

Yup, you sure were right.

He beats Puck IMO. People aren't giving enough credence to his upgrades. He's defeated people like Black Dwarf, and taken a casual backhand from people like Terrax and kept ticking.

His overall skill is undermined here also.

Vanguard
Originally posted by riv6672
Oookay.
Agree to disagree about the inline treatment if the fictional character.

I agree to disagree....sure.

riv6672
Yay.

krisblaze
He beats Puck IMO. People aren't giving enough credence to his upgrades. He's defeated people like Black Dwarf, and taken a casual backhand from people like Terrax and kept ticking.

His overall skill is undermined here also.
Listen, troll.

You claimed that Black Panther "lost in every match you put him in", when he won a clear majority.

And this might be a bit hard for you to swallow, but when he wins a fight OFF PANEL it's a bit difficult to gauge his abilities.

riv6672
I dislike the taste of him retroactively being as good a detective as Batman (with no real feats), and a better leader than Captain America (despite never leading the Avengers). Seems fishy. And i dislike fish.

StyleTime
Listen, troll.

You claimed that Black Panther "lost in every match you put him in", when he won a clear majority.

And this might be a bit hard for you to swallow, but when he wins a fight OFF PANEL it's a bit difficult to gauge his abilities.
People only throw that Black Dwarf "feat" out there because they want BP ranked herald or something. BP had all of Wakanda there with him. Since the actual fight was skipped, it's hard to tell just how much help he had.

Not only that, but BP admitted he probably would have lost had the battle continued. But again, being backed by all of Wakanda does wonders for helping win a fight.

Vanguard
Listen, troll.

I'm not trolling dumbass.

And as far as the Black Dwarf fight. It looks like it was pretty much one on one to me.

http://s7.postimg.org/6ody4e3vv/Tchalla10.jpg
image hosting site no sign up

Board Walker
If Black Panther was white, would he be more popular and less hated? I think so.

Branlor Swift
Black Panther is hated in a thread where people won't give him the win over Dr Strange?

ODG
Originally posted by StyleTime
Not only that, but BP admitted he probably would have lost had the battle continued. But again, being backed by all of Wakanda does wonders for helping win a fight. But again, Black Dwarf wasn't backed by the armies of Thanos? Originally posted by Board Walker
If Black Panther was white, would he be more popular and less hated? I think so. http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/oh-lord-no.gif

Supermutant
The more I discover BP's mystical feats the more I think with sufficient one sided prep he could beat Strange depending on the circumstances.

Beating Mephisto is a pretty good feat.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/2602557-2288994_blackpanther04p19.jpg

marwash22
what ever came out of that upgrade stat-wise?

Mindset
Originally posted by Supermutant
The more I discover BP's mystical feats the more I think with sufficient one sided prep he could beat Strange depending on the circumstances.

Beating Mephisto is a pretty good feat.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/2602557-2288994_blackpanther04p19.jpg I'd think most of the top minds could beat DS with onesided prep.

krisblaze
If you're not trolling, then why are you claiming that Black Panther loses every fight you put him in, when he won the majority of those fights?
Good job, Black Panther jumped over him once, sick feat thumb up

Like I said, the fight happened off panel and we have no idea how Black Panther beat him.

Branlor Swift
Ebony Panther > Gladiator

Canon

I wish Ebony Dwarf would have stuck around for a fight with Hulk though. And then Ronan could have came out of nowhere.

StiltmanFTW

And as far as the Black Dwarf fight. It looks like it was pretty much one on one to me.

Post the page after the battle stick out tongue

riv6672
This thread epitomizes the pro BP stance on the site, easily.

ODG
^ Somebody call the waaambulance.

riv6672
As in Waaam, BP wins again?

Supermutant
Originally posted by Mindset
I'd think most of the top minds could beat DS with onesided prep.

I don't necessarily disagree but BP has magical resistance and thrice bless armor that guys like Tony Stark and Reed Richards don't.

Plus this -- he seems more willing to embrace magic and use it plus since doomwar he's been prepping against magical attacks

StyleTime
Originally posted by ODG
But again, Black Dwarf wasn't backed by the armies of Thanos?
He was.

Which partially contributes to this part.
Since the actual fight was skipped, it's hard to tell just how much help he had.

Horus1
To answer the initial question of the thread, no, Black Panther can't beat Strange with his upgrades. Just my opinion though.

SWblayde938
so BP can't beat strange

riv6672
No. He cant.

ODG
He was. So then don't assume BP was the only one who had help. Because what we saw was the two warrior generals going at it directly and at the end, one ran off while the other was victorious noting that he himself might have eventually lost if the fight kept going.

He never said, "We might have lost." He never said, "Thank you all for helping me, otherwise I would have lost."

And it's not the first time Black Panther has met what appeared to be a supremely overpowering foe and defeated him directly on the fields of Wakanda one-on-one.

Blue Area Vet
BP isn't nor will he ever be the favor of any damn month. If you really think otherwise, go back a few decades and realize that he's been a beast since his first appearance. Yeah, he is that good and there's no need to embellish.

StyleTime
Originally posted by ODG
So then don't assume BP was the only one who had help. Because what we saw was the two warrior generals going at it directly and at the end, one ran off while the other was victorious noting that he himself might have eventually lost if the fight kept going.

He never said, "We might have lost." He never said, "Thank you all for helping me, otherwise I would have lost."

And it's not the first time Black Panther has met what appeared to be a supremely overpowering foe and defeated him directly on the fields of Wakanda one-on-one.
Uh...I didn't.

I don't feel like our posts conflict with each other, so I can't respond with more than that.

ODG
Uh...I didn't.

I don't feel like our posts conflict with each other, so I can't respond with more than that. http://media.giphy.com/media/12ZDIx1Mw1cXVm/giphy.gif

riv6672
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
BP isn't nor will he ever be the favor of any damn month. If you really think otherwise, go back a few decades and realize that he's been a beast since his first appearance. Yeah, he is that good and there's no need to embellish.
Embellish is actually what writers have been doing for BP.
Better detective than Batman, better leader than Cap, these are claims i've read here and when i express surprise am told, oh its retroactive.
I'm never going to buy that, or this flavor.

Blue Area Vet
Embellish is actually what writers have been doing for BP.
Better detective than Batman, better leader than Cap, these are claims i've read here and when i express surprise am told, oh its retroactive.
I'm never going to buy that, or this flavor.

What do you mean? If writers write a character a certain way, then that's who the character is. There is no embellishing involved. And again, little about BP is new, so I don't get the belly aching. He's always been top of his tier and he's always had great success above his tier from Sabertooth to the White Dwarf to the FF to Namor. What exactly is your problem with this? I bet you were one of those guys who claimed it was "disrespectful" when T'Chaka was shown to have bested Captain America.

riv6672
Whats with your bellyaching about my bellyaching?
I already gave my reasoning. You not liking it doesnt make my opinion less valid.

About T'chaka...what kind of guys are those guys? Not being one i'd really like to know in case i ever meet one.
I can say "hey you're one of those guys Blue Area Vet seems to have a problem with. Better be careful, yo!"
laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
Whats with your bellyaching about my bellyaching?
I already gave my reasoning. You not liking it doesnt make my opinion less valid.

About T'chaka...what kind of guys are those guys? Not being one i'd really like to know in case i ever meet one.
I can say "hey you're one of those guys Blue Area Vet seems to have a problem with. Better be careful, yo!"
laughing out loud

No, your opinion is less valid because it is rooted in fallacy. It has nothing to do with what I think and it doesn't matter what you are willing or not willing to buy into. Consistent depictions from multiple writers over the course of decades > your disapproval/disbelief.

And like I said, do some research, expecially before you attempt to be funny: http://marvel.wikia.com/T%27Chaka_%28Earth-616%29

krisblaze
BP has not consistently been depicted as being able to beat Dr.Strange no expression

abhilegend
Mantis said Strange could beat both her and Panther in h2h in Avengers Defenders war, let alone while using magic.

Blue Area Vet
If you're not trolling, then why are you claiming that Black Panther loses every fight you put him in, when he won the majority of those fights?

Good job, Black Panther jumped over him once, sick feat thumb up

Like I said, the fight happened off panel and we have no idea how Black Panther beat him.

LMAO, so nothing but negativity and lowballing instead of giving him credit for an incredible accomplishment. Not surprising.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by abhilegend
Mantis said Strange could beat both her and Panther in h2h in Avengers Defenders war, let alone while using magic.

That was pretty epic. thumb up

krisblaze
LMAO, so nothing but negativity and lowballing instead of giving him credit for an incredible accomplishment. Not surprising.

The accomplished feat?

There is no feat.

Here on KMC we go by what we can actually see.

Branlor Swift
laughing out loud This might be your best post.

Not sure what's going on with all the recent people who think "scare tactics" are a valid form of argument.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend

Seriously?

Blue Area Vet
The accomplished feat?

There is no feat.

Here on KMC we go by what we can actually see.

He beat him and took credit in the dialogue. Are you seriously questioning whether or not BP defeated him? Funny how you are the only one here on KMC suggesting it's not a feat.

riv6672
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This might be your best post.

Not sure what's going on with all the recent people who think "scare tactics" are a valid form of argument.
Thanks.
And i agree. I'd rather just goof around back and forth like we do on most subjects.

StyleTime
Originally posted by ODG
http://media.giphy.com/media/12ZDIx1Mw1cXVm/giphy.gif
http://i.giphy.com/l41lK3V6h8we7tCvu.gif

krisblaze
He beat him and took credit in the dialogue. Are you seriously questioning whether or not BP defeated him? Funny how you are the only one here on KMC suggesting it's not a feat.

Far from it.

I'm saying we don't know the context surrounding his victory, how he did it.

It's a null showing since we don't actually SEE HIM DO ANYTHING.

riv6672
^^^thats pretty cut and dried.

Blue Area Vet
Far from it.

We KNOW that he beat him because he told us. We see them engage. I didn't reference how he beat him, I said that he beat him and that is fact whether you like it or not and this is an example of him succeeding in a battle way outside of his weight class.

krisblaze
We KNOW that he beat him because he told us. We see them engage. I didn't reference how he beat him, I said that he beat him and that is fact whether you like it or not and this is an example of him succeeding in a battle way outside of his weight class.

Okay.

How will his fight against the Black Dwarf apply to this matchup?

Specifics please.

riv6672
But succeeding how?
We dont know.
So its a moot point.

DarkSaint85

He let fortune take the credit - and we saw how frustrated Black Dwarf also got with Shang Chi/Black Widow.

Besides, it may not have been 1-on-1 in single combat fighting:

https://nerdgeekfeelings.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/black_panther_versus_black_dwarf_infinity_marvel.jpg

Not to mention, If you re-read Panther's words, he tells Shuri: 'WE were fortunate'.

Blue Area Vet
Far from it.

There really is no way to spin this, they fought one on one, BP was outmatched on paper but still won.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_avatar/13/132594/3279289-new+avengers+v3+009-012.jpg

krisblaze

There really is no way to spin this, they fought one on one, BP was outmatched on paper but still won.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_avatar/13/132594/3279289-new+avengers+v3+009-012.jpg

You already replied to this post, and I replied to you.

Please address the most recent post.

Okay.

Specifics please.

riv6672
Personally, i dont mind someone using a noodle incident as a debate point. I just dont think its going to fly.

Blue Area Vet
Okay.

Specifics please.

How will it "apply?" Let me restate the point. There are several members of the team- Cap, BP and Spiderman- that have fought well outside of their class and have won. The BP fight with Black Dwarf was an example of this. They will be fighting as a team against Wonderwoman. Given their individual accomplishments against higher tier characters along with other factors previously stated, it's logical that they would have a chance at putting down WW. The question is how much of a chance. I don't know if that is specific enough for your taste but that's how it applies in context.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He let fortune take the credit - and we saw how frustrated Black Dwarf also got with Shang Chi/Black Widow.

Besides, it may not have been 1-on-1 in single combat fighting:

https://nerdgeekfeelings.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/black_panther_versus_black_dwarf_infinity_marvel.jpg

Not to mention, If you re-read Panther's words, he tells Shuri: 'WE were fortunate'.

You mean right after he told Shuri "Much more with that monster and I think he woould have beaten me.....I think I broke my hand."? Come on. It's crystal clear that he fought him one on one. He said "me", not "us." When Shuri used the terms "we" she wasn't talking about the fight between BP and BD, she was talking about the entire battle and the "we" refers to Wakandians. Notice how BP's suit is tattered and BD is leaking, but Shuri looks no worse for wear. She wasn't in the fight.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/26661/3316843-0070939866-newav.jpg

riv6672
So, BP was in there alone?
If not, then the scan just proves he's conceited. stick out tongue

krisblaze
How will it "apply?" Let me restate the point. There are several members of the team- Cap, BP and Spiderman- that have fought well outside of their class and have won. The BP fight with Black Dwarf was an example of this. They will be fighting as a team against Wonderwoman. Given their individual accomplishments against higher tier characters along with other factors previously stated, it's logical that they would have a chance at putting down WW. The question is how much of a chance. I don't know if that is specific enough for your taste but that's how it applies in context.

This thread is about Black Panther vs Dr.Strange.

Not Black Panther + other people vs Wonder Woman.

Please specify how Black Panther's off-panel fight vs Black Dwarf applies to this thread.

DarkSaint85
Obvious conclusion is obvious: T'Challa was losing, he had broken his hand, and Shuri had to step in to save him. And even so, it was still fortunate that 'they' were able to beat him thumb up

I mean, without the fight in question, you cannot say that your interpretation is any more valid than mine, because we never saw the fight in question. We have two panels of him leaping over BD, and we also have the panel I showed of him AND Shuri jumping at BD.

Or BD accidentally tripped over his own shoelaces and fell awkwardly onto T'Challa's hand, dislocating his arm and breaking T'Challa's hand.

That he won, is not in question. But kris' and Style's point is, because we don't know how he did it, it is very difficult to use it on the forums.

Blue Area Vet
Personally, i dont mind someone using a noodle incident as a debate point. I just dont think its going to fly.

So you are discounting the victory like I said. That says everything about your bias. It happened, it's fact and it doesn't matter whether you accept is or not. It doesn't matter if you don't accept that BP was shown to be so fast that Sabertooth couldn't focus on him and it doesn't matter than he stopped a charging Elephant, it's all comic book "fact."

Blue Area Vet
Obvious conclusion is obvious: T'Challa was losing, he had broken his hand, and Shuri had to step in to save him. And even so, it was still fortunate that 'they' were able to beat him thumb up

I mean, without the fight in question, you cannot say that your interpretation is any more valid than mine, because we never saw the fight in question. We have two panels of him leaping over BD, and we also have the panel I showed of him AND Shuri jumping at BD.

Or BD accidentally tripped over his own shoelaces and fell awkwardly onto T'Challa's hand, dislocating his arm and breaking T'Challa's hand.

That he won, is not in question. But kris' and Style's point is, because we don't know how he did it, it is very difficult to use it on the forums.

Look, I know you are trying to provide a Devil Advocate excuse, but you are a guy with common sense from what I can tell over the years and you know damn well that BP beat him as indicated by the writer and the artist. He wouldn't said HE almost lost if he had outside help from his sister, he would have said he would have lost if you didn't step in. There is absolutely nothing to show or suggest he had any help from her or anyone else againt BD. Not every writer feels the need to spoon feed every occurance to the reader so that they can have a stronger argument on KMC forums. BP beat him, BD didn't injure himself.

riv6672
You like putting words in people's mouths dont you?
Thats okay, i like not taking you seriously because of it.

StiltmanFTW
You like putting in people's mouths dont you?
Thats okay, i like you seriously because of it.

vin

Get a room, you two!

Blue Area Vet
You like putting words in people's mouths dont you?
Thats okay, i like not taking you seriously because of it.

No worries, that doesn't matter either. I'm not here to post to your satisfaction.

riv6672
vin

Get a room, you two!

Nah, then he'd tell me what type of PPV porn i prefer to watch. That is MY choice. MINE.

Blue Area Vet
This thread is about Black Panther vs Dr.Strange.

Not Black Panther + other people vs Wonder Woman.

Please specify how Black Panther's off-panel fight vs Black Dwarf applies to this thread.

You know what? It doesn't. I have two board tabs up and posted in the wrong thread. laughing out loud Then again, this fight was brought up earlier and you sort of dismissed it saying it was "hard to gauge." Not sure why when the outcome was clear, but whatever.

riv6672
No worries, that doesn't matter either. I'm not here to post to your satisfaction.
Odd, because you are totally satisfying my need to be entertained. Thank you. thumb up

Blue Area Vet
Odd, because you are totally satisfying my need to be entertained. Thank you. thumb up

Wow, you pleasure youself by downplaying Black Panther's accomplishments? That's different. However you get your freak on is your business.

StiltmanFTW
Riv / Blue Vet live show

http://i.imgur.com/0hQyd5L.gif

riv6672
smile

DarkSaint85
Look, I know you are trying to provide a Devil Advocate excuse, but you are a guy with common sense from what I can tell over the years and you know damn well that BP beat him as indicated by the writer and the artist. He wouldn't said HE almost lost if he had outside help from his sister, he would have said he would have lost if you didn't step in. There is absolutely nothing to show or suggest he had any help from her or anyone else againt BD. Not every writer feels the need to spoon feed every occurance to the reader so that they can have a stronger argument on KMC forums. BP beat him, BD didn't injure himself.

Agreed, except we have a panel showing BOTH Panthers going into battle with BD:

So artist shows BPs fighting together, and is bolstered by circumstantial dialogue (WE were fortunate).

Like I said, no one is saying he DIDN'T beat BD. It's just that the circumstances of HOW he beat BD is in question. Solo, with Shuri, with the Dora Milaje, with the White Panther squads, with a giant BP robot armor...or hand to hand, with only his energy daggers, or with his teleportation, or with his increased strength, or a combo of all of them - we cannot say.

For example, would you say beating BD is a strength feat? A skill feat? A speed feat? A tech feat? A prep feat? A combo of all of them? Or maybe just a strength/tech feat? Why not a speed feat? Etc etc etc.

krisblaze
You know what? It doesn't. I have two board tabs up and posted in the wrong thread. laughing out loud Then again, this fight was brought up earlier and you sort of dismissed it saying it was "hard to gauge." Not sure why when the outcome was clear, but whatever.

Ah, so these last days you've been arguing in the wrong thread.

Convenient exit when asked to provide specifics.

It's almost as if you dodged my initial response and then moved the fight off-thread.

Wonder where you got that idea thumb up

Blue Area Vet
double post

Blue Area Vet
Agreed, except we have a panel showing BOTH Panthers going into battle with BD:

So artist shows BPs fighting together, and is bolstered by circumstantial dialogue (WE were fortunate).

Like I said, no one is saying he DIDN'T beat BD. It's just that the circumstances of HOW he beat BD is in question. Solo, with Shuri, with the Dora Milaje, with the White Panther squads, with a giant BP robot armor...or hand to hand, with only his energy daggers, or with his teleportation, or with his increased strength, or a combo of all of them - we cannot say.

For example, would you say beating BD is a strength feat? A skill feat? A speed feat? A tech feat? A prep feat? A combo of all of them? Or maybe just a strength/tech feat? Why not a speed feat? Etc etc etc.

No, they are not. Are you not noticing everyone else in the picture? They started off army vs. army lead by both "kings" which is common. AFTER that, you see BP make his way toward BD by wading through his soldiers and they met.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/68cc2e8ad4c8e9637e8d3e556b9e77d4/tumblr_mskgxsq4W31qiknbco1_1280.jpg

BD takes a swipe at BP, BP dodges it and the fight continues. No one else is in the picture at this point. Also, did you forget that Shuri was busy doing this?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/dfdb83ed1c65862bc05f17925bef98b0/tumblr_murqu9SFIl1sk2q1ao1_500.jpg

DarkSaint85
But why is he wading, when they're actually already face to face?

The original point still stands, though. Tech/Strength/Speed/Skill/Prep feat?

Or, to add another to the table, is it a Magic feat? Which would add to this thread.

riv6672

It's almost as if you dodged my initial response and then moved the fight off-thread.

Dont put words in his mouth!

But, we've pretty much established BP cant beat Strange, right? Just checking in the actual topic...

Blue Area Vet

LOL, believe whatever you want. Don't be ignorant. Believe it or not, there is a thread I started that involved a five man team vs. Wonderwoman and that's what it was meant for:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t612571.html If you read the thread and think about what I had posted in error, it makes perfect sense. If not, go ahead and beat your chest until it turns pink.

Blue Area Vet
But why is he wading, when they're actually already face to face?

Or, to add another to the table, is it a Magic feat? Which would add to this thread.

I said he waded through BDs SOLDIERS on his way to face BD. All you have to so is read.

krisblaze
LOL, believe whatever you want. Don't be ignorant. Believe it or not, there is a thread I started that involved a five man team vs. Wonderwoman and that's what it was meant for:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t612571.html If you read the thread and think about what I had posted in error, it makes perfect sense. If not, go ahead and beat your chest until it turns pink.
So no opinion on this thread?

Just a pathetic retreat?

Blue Area Vet
So no opinion on this thread?

Just a pathetic retreat?

Yeah, Strange would beat BP. Were you appointed the thread keeper? If you are so concerned as to why I entered the thread, I suggest you read my first post. It's pretty clear.

krisblaze
Yeah, Strange would beat BP. Were you appointed the thread keeper?
No just curious as to why you kept alternating between two threads.

I'm also curious as to why you're actively arguing for PIS.

Did the rules not sink in?

Blue Area Vet
No just curious as to why you kept alternating between two threads.

I'm also curious as to why you're actively arguing for PIS.

Did the rules not sink in?

Why do you keep asking dumb questions that I previous answered to which you already implied you didn't believe? Do you even know what PIS is?

krisblaze
Why do you keep asking dumb questions that I previous answered to which you already implied you didn't believe? Do you even know what PIS is?
I don't think you do smile

Why do you keep arguing on behalf of PIS when the forum rules clearly states that we're here to debate without it.

Your argument is "in comics someone weaker has beaten someone stronger ergo someone weaker should win against someone stronger here, hurr durr I wet myself again" - literal rendition of you.

You're dodging this discussion harder than Black Panther dodged Black Dwarf

Blue Area Vet
I don't think you do smile

Why do you keep arguing on behalf of PIS when the forum rules clearly states that we're here to debate without it.

Your argument is "in comics someone weaker has beaten someone stronger ergo someone weaker should win against someone stronger here, hurr durr I wet myself again" - literal rendition of you.

You're dodging this discussion harder than Black Panther dodged Black Dwarf

Wow, you really crack youself up, bro. I see why people have you on ignore. First of all, you are off topic yourself, or didn't you notice that? I think the rules also clearly state that trolling isn't allowed, so don't tell me about the rules here. I have no desire to carry on a pissing contest with someone 17 years my junior, who displays the maturity of someone 27 years my junior. I'll post as I damn well feel like it, boy. You should move on now.

riv6672
Krisblaze / Blue Vet live show

DarkSaint85
I said he waded through BDs SOLDIERS on his way to face BD. All you have to so is read.

You also wrote that they were LEADING their armies. Which meant that they were at the front. As seen in the panel I posted.

So why the need to wade, when in the panel I posted, they were already face to face?

krisblaze
Wow, you really crack youself up, bro. I see why people have you on ignore. First of all, you are off topic yourself, or didn't you notice that? I think the rules also clearly state that trolling isn't allowed, so don't tell me about the rules here. I have no desire to carry on a pissing contest with someone 17 years my junior, who displays the maturity of someone 27 years my junior. I'll post as I damn well feel like it, boy. You should move on now.

17 years your junior, are you 42 ****ing years old? hahaha.

Your old ass should learn how to read then, and stop rooting for the king of africa in fights where he's desperately outgunned.

I also like how Star and Carver are people.

Your kind of people no doubt smile

Blue Area Vet
You also wrote that they were LEADING their armies. Which meant that they were at the front. As seen in the panel I posted.

So why the need to wade, when in the panel I posted, they were already face to face?

I don't know, but he did wade through the soldiers in the panel I posted, not the one you are referencing. I'm not going to post it again. You should look at it.

As far as you trying to determine what sort of feat it was, that's your thought, not mine. I never termed it a "feat", All I said was that he defeated him, which he did.

DarkSaint85
I don't know, but he did wade through the soldiers in the panel I posted, not the one you are referencing. I'm not going to post it again. You should look at it.

As far as you trying to determine what sort of feat it was, that's your thought, not mine. I never termed it a "feat", All I said was that he defeated him, which he did.

Well, if it's a magic feat (as in, he used magic to defeat BD), then it had relevance to this thread.

Blue Area Vet
Well, if it's a magic feat (as in, he used magic to defeat BD), then it had relevance to this thread.

As far as the topic, yes. But this thread, as most threads, had a number of side arguments, one of which is that BP isn't that formidable and is simply the "flavor of the month." You did read that, correct? That's what I commented on originally. As I said, I don't think BP as much of a chance against Strange outside of a ton of one sided prep.

Blue Area Vet
17 years your junior, are you 42 ****ing years old? hahaha.

Your old ass should learn how to read then, and stop rooting for the king of africa in fights where he's desperately outgunned.

I also like how Star and Carver are people.

Your kind of people no doubt smile

I'm 43 and you are a wet, dirty puppy to me. 43 is probably old to you because you because you don't know where your next meal is coming from. Now, let me demonstrate my maturity and cut your neophyte ass off. Have fun talking to the screen on the library computer you are accessing.

krisblaze
I'm 43 and you are a wet, dirty puppy to me. 43 is probably old to you because you because you don't know where your next meal is coming from. Now, let me demonstrate my maturity and cut your neophyte ass off. Have fun talking to the screen on the library computer you are accessing.

Wut...

Are you trying to make fun of me because I'm poor?

DarkSaint85
As far as the topic, yes. But this thread, as most threads, had a number of side arguments, one of which is that BP isn't that formidable and is simply the "flavor of the month." You did read that, correct?

And I trust you read the posts where I said, multiple times, that nobody said that BP DIDN'T defeat BD - correct?

The only thing people have been saying is that due to its nature, it's not really usable - did you read that part? Style has said it, kris too, as have I.

I hope you can see the relevance my questions have. I asked if it was a magic feat, because if he used magic to defeat BD, that's a good feat, and we can use it to strengthen one's argument that he can beat Dr Strange.

If it was a skill feat, you can use it to strengthen your argument that he beats, Wolverine, say (as an example).

If it was a strength feat, you can use it to strengthen one's argument that he can beat Abomination in h2h, for example.

But if you cannot say whether it was a strength/skill/magic etc feat? Then what good is him beating BD, when even the writer/artist cannot say how he did it lol.

Blue Area Vet
And I trust you read the posts where I said, multiple times, that nobody said that BP DIDN'T defeat BD - correct?

The only thing people have been saying is that due to its nature, it's not really usable - did you read that part? Style has said it, kris too, as have I.

I hope you can see the relevance my questions have. I asked if it was a magic feat, because if he used magic to defeat BD, that's a good feat, and we can use it to strengthen one's argument that he can beat Dr Strange.

If it was a skill feat, you can use it to strengthen your argument that he beats, Wolverine, say (as an example).

If it was a strength feat, you can use it to strengthen one's argument that he can beat Abomination in h2h, for example.

But if you cannot say whether it was a strength/skill/magic etc feat? Then what good is him beating BD, when even the writer/artist cannot say how he did it lol.

You are writing the same thing over and over. I've already responded to that. Now I'll ask you again, did you read where a poster said that BP was simply the flavor of the month or not because you totally ignored my question. Conversation is two way. One person doesn't answer the other persons questions while not getting any of his answered.

DarkSaint85
You are writing the same thing over and over. I've already responded to that. Now I'll ask you again, did you read where a poster said that BP was simply the flavor of the month or not because you totally ignored my question. Conversation is two way. One person doesn't answer the other persons questions while not getting any of his answered.

You didn't respond to it though, despite my repeated posts. You simply dodged it, by saying:

But then, you also said:

Is it a feat or not? Are you the only one on KMC suggesting its not a feat?

DarkSaint85
I shall make another post, as previously you called me into question over edits.

Yes, I saw wulee's post on him being the flavour of the month. I ignored it, for two reasons: 1, I don't think its true, and 2, wulee is not posting atm, so there's no interaction between us.

BP beating BD happened. No doubt about it.

HOW he did it, is what is being questioned, to gauge it's usefulness on KMC. That is what Style/Kris and I have said, and been saying.

Without knowing how he did it, it has very limited use in a battleboard situation.

Blue Area Vet
I shall make another post, as previously you called me into question over edits.

Yes, I saw wulee's post on him being the flavour of the month. I ignored it, for two reasons: 1, I don't think its true, and 2, wulee is not posting atm, so there's no interaction between us.

BP beating BD happened. No doubt about it.

HOW he did it, is what is being questioned, to gauge it's usefulness on KMC. That is what Style/Kris and I have said, and been saying.

Without knowing how he did it, it has very limited use in a battleboard situation.

Great. You took the long way around, but you got there. Wulee's post is what I reponded to initially and that's what drew me into the post. The battle wasn't important to me. I've since said that Strange wins twice. As far as the question of what sort of "feat" BP accomplished in defeating BD, I didn't dodge a thing, I specifically told you I don't consider it a feat of any particular category. How could I when the details of the fight was off panel? I will say that I don't think it involved magic and I think people who are equating BP with magic are off base. The Doom War upgrade was for that story. He did break his long standing rule against using magic and is probably more likely to use it as a resource against magical opponents, which BD is not. It was a victory over a much higher tier opponent. The difficulty you are having is that you are still trying to relate my post to Strange fight, and I'm telling you it has no relevance nor did I ever claim it did.

DarkSaint85
Great. You took the long way around, but you got there. Wulee's post is what I reponded to initially and that's what drew me into the post. The battle wasn't important to me. I've since said that Strange wins twice. As far as the question of what sort of "feat" BP accomplished in defeating BD, I didn't dodge a thing, I specifically told you I don't consider it a feat of any particular category. How could I when the details of the fight was off panel? It was a victory over a much higher tier opponent. The difficulty you are having is that you are still trying to relate my post to Strange fight, and I'm telling you it has no relevance nor did I ever claim it did.

That's the problem - it has no relevance to ANY battleboard fight. Which is what I, kris and Style have been saying since Page 2.

Because the details are off-panel.

Blue Area Vet
That's the problem - it has no relevance to ANY battleboard fight. Which is what I, kris and Style have been saying since Page 2.

Because the details are off-panel.

If course it does. Defeating an higher tier opponent in physical combat is always impressive and relevant. By the way, Kris has no relevance as a poster.

DarkSaint85
If course it does. Defeating an higher tier opponent in physical combat is always impressive and relevant. By the way, Kris has no relevance as a poster.

But then we start going round in circles - how can you be sure it was purely physical combat?

Maybe he used magic, or tech, or both - in which case, it is an impressive magic/tech/prep feat.

There's a 'Human Panther without amps vs Punisher' thread here.Can I argue that BP used pure H2H skill in defeating BD, and so, he would utterly rapestomp Punisher?

Also, kris has barely any relevance as a human thumb up

krisblaze

Shit I'm not even President of Norway thumb up

Branlor Swift
Wut...

Are you trying to make fun of me because I'm poor? poor people don't deserve the right to interact

Blue Area Vet
But then we start going round in circles - how can you be sure it was purely physical combat?

Maybe he used magic, or tech, or both - in which case, it is an impressive magic/tech/prep feat.

There's a 'Human Panther without amps vs Punisher' thread here.Can I argue that BP used pure H2H skill in defeating BD, and so, he would utterly rapestomp Punisher?

No to magic because BP is not a magic wielder. Yes to tech because he alway uses some level of tech. We don't see him armed with anything outside of his normal kit.

riv6672
Blue Vet and everyone gets a turn live show

I'm done here.
This kid has no real argument and just wants to have one.

Strange > BP. Pretty cut and dried.

wuleecat
I did say a while back that I thought Black Panther had a 'flavour of the month' feel about him. I have followed the argument that followed, and I realise now that that was a bit of an ignorant statement. Black Panther clearly doesn't stand a chance against Strange, but 'flavour of he month'? Nah. He's been powerful for a lot longer than I gave him credit for.

He's just such a dickhead though.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by wuleecat
I did say a while back that I thought Black Panther had a 'flavour of the month' feel about him. I have followed the argument that followed, and I realise now that that was a bit of an ignorant statement. Black Panther clearly doesn't stand a chance against Strange, but 'flavour of he month'? Nah. He's been powerful for a lot longer than I gave him credit for.

He's just such a dickhead though.

Props to you. But what makes BP a "dickhead?" I could see that description being applied to Stark, but not BP.

StiltmanFTW
Having the cure for cancer and not sharing it with anyone?

Spying on the Avengers?

Bragging all the time about pretty much everything?

krisblaze
Being racist af?

Cuckholding his only friend in v3?

Betraying Namor?

Blue Area Vet
Having the cure for cancer and not sharing it with anyone?

Spying on the Avengers?

Bragging all the time about pretty much everything?

Spying on the Avengers was brilliant. He doesn't brag, that's Stark. As far as the cure for Cancer, there were concerns about what the Western World would do with it by the Wakandians. I don't think that makes him a dickhead, but maybe you do.

krisblaze
- Has cure for cancer that he won't distribute
- Not a dickhead

Pick 1.

SWblayde938
so back on topic who wins this?

carver9
Throw Galactus and a Celestial on Doctor Strange team and they will probably stand a chance against Panther.

celeyhyga17
- Not a dickhead

Pick 1.
I wouldn't call him a dickhead. When it comes to comics and world changing social issues, it's sort of a given that these heroes don't play god. If he's a dickhead, then you can say that about everyone else who have the capacity for worldwide change. I'm sure Reed and Tony can cure many of the world's ills through their haxed tech. Should Reed lend his expertise on trans galactic travel to all the world's governments? Man as a species would hail him as a hero. Should Tony offer his repulsor technology to solve the world's energy troubles? I'm sure third world countries would benefit.. Or why doesn't Pym lend his teleport tech to city transit authorities? Imagine how productive each individual can be if they never have to sit through traffic or ride the subways like a sardine in a can. Or maybe Thor offering to cure cancer to all patients other than his ex gf? So selfish of him! stick out tongue

Pandora's box here.

If he's a dick, I would choose another reason and would stay far away from anything resembling curing the plague of the 20th century.

ODG
- Not a dickhead

Pick 1. To be fair, Reed Richards justified never even trying to cure cancer because "natural order/development of humanity" bs.

iceman24567
Pretty sure most of the jerks that call themselves leaders are dickhead atleast Doom is real about his.

krisblaze
Originally posted by ODG
To be fair, Reed Richards justified never even trying to cure cancer because "natural order/development of humanity" bs.

Yup, same thing with most of the super-geniuses.

- Insert Celey's long ass post here-

He has no problem curing his local warlords and shit though.

Black Panther is just a man.

Thor's making a choice not to intervene with human progress.

Panther IS human progress.

Unfortunately that human progress doesn't extend to whitey.

StiltmanFTW
Spying on the Avengers was brilliant. He doesn't brag, that's Stark. As far as the cure for Cancer, there were concerns about what the Western World would do with it by the Wakandians. I don't think that makes him a dickhead, but maybe you do.

Betraying your closest allies and friends is brilliant...?

He does brag, has delusions of grandeur.

I've read that arc, it was a really lame excuse.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Should Tony offer his repulsor technology to solve the world's energy troubles?

Read comics, bro.

That's what Tony's TRYING to do, but the world doesn't want to change for better.

Unfortunately that human progress doesn't extend to whitey.

I don't think T'Challa cares about other African nations. If he had, he wouldn't have let them starve to death.

Blue Area Vet
Betraying your closest allies and friends is brilliant...?

He does brag, has delusions of grandeur.

I've read that arc, it was a really lame excuse.

Read comics, bro.

That's what Tony's TRYING to do, but the world doesn't want to change for better.

I don't think T'Challa cares about other African nations. If he had, he wouldn't have let them starve to death.

LMAO, are you forgetting what Namor did to the people of his nation? He told him straight up they were at war and that he was going to kill him, so stop with the betrayal nonense. Namor is lucky that the Cabal found it in their black hearts to save his ass. Oh, and you excuse for Tony holding back his repulor tech was beyond lame.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by ODG
To be fair, Reed Richards justified never even trying to cure cancer because "natural order/development of humanity" bs.

Exactly!

StiltmanFTW
BP was spying on the Avengers from day one for no particular reason...

Namor has nothing to do with it.

StyleTime
Guys and gals, saying "Other people are dickheads too!" is not a defense against "Black Panther is a dickhead"

They could all be dickheads simultaneously.

Blue Area Vet
Guys and gals, saying "Other people are dickheads too!" is not a defense against "Black Panther is a dickhead"

They could all be dickheads simultaneously.

Defense? He needs no defense against unsubstantiated and rather juvenile charges.

krisblaze
- Ubstantiated claims

- Has admitted to having the cure for cancer

ODG
LMAO, are you forgetting what Namor did to the people of his nation? He told him straight up they were at war and that he was going to kill him, so stop with the betrayal nonense. Namor is lucky that the Cabal found it in their black hearts to save his ass. Oh, and you excuse for Tony holding back his repulor tech was beyond lame. Namor was possessed by the Phoenixforce. Quicksilver was never blamed for Chthon possessing him. The only reason Namor gets blamed is because (i) he's a mutant; and (ii) his pride forces him to shoulder the blame. Namor went behind his own nation's back to request peace revealing he had spies and inside intelligence to T'Challa because he knew the Illuminati had bigger concerns than their nations' petty feud. T'Challa didn't do sh1t to ensure that peace and lured Namor away right when they snuck attack Atlantis.

And Tony isn't holding back his repulsor tech. After the Five Nightmares storyline he was trying to spread it to the world through consumer-grade tech and Mandarin City.

leonidas
laughing out loud at this entire thread.

anyway, not sure what this is accomplishing, aside from being a poster thread for why people need to use ignore. this is spite.

StiltmanFTW
Using ignore would kill all the fun and even the forum, eventually.

I've put only one person on that list. SasuOna.

leonidas
we have different definitions of fun. stick out tongue i have about 10 people on ignore. not seeing their constant idiocy only ADDS to my enjoyment of the forum.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.