Iron Man Vs Brainiac 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Who wins?

Readiline
Uh Brainiac 5 with staggering ease

Mindset
Brainiac 5 with swaggering ease.

Board Walker
Brainiac 5 with traggering ease

riv6672
Kind of thought so. Just confirming a theory.

Board Walker
What is your theory?

shadowknight
Brainiac wins at least 8/10

riv6672
Originally posted by Board Walker
What is your theory?
That B5'd win this convincingly.

Flyattractor
I miss the old mustachioed Braniac. Before all the stupid cosmic universe eater crap.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I miss the old mustachioed Braniac. Before all the stupid cosmic universe eater crap.

Milton Fine?

http://www.superherodb.com/pictures/fullbody/brainiac.jpg

Yeah, he was a good villain. His feud with Vril Dox was a highlight of the character.

Feats beyond Martian Manhunter and Charles Xavier, too, considering he controlled the psi DNAlien Doublex from Colu, used his TP from the dimension New Genesis is in to convince everyone on Earth that Superman was still in his tomb, and casually KOed the entire New Genesis Gods.

Too bad the writer got really lazy and just had Superman beat him down, making New Genesis look like chumps in the process..

riv6672
Thats why he's Superman...no expression

cdtm
Yeah, but even then, this was just a really lazy end game.

You've got Brainiac who, every past upgrade kept upping the ante. And here he was at his shiny new mutation that made him even more powerful, when prior upgrades had him mind raping Superman as it was.

They set up the final showdown with Supes by having him walk out of his prison on New Genesis, surrounded by Orion, Lightray and about fifteen-twenty other New Gods, and he takes them out with a telekinetic attack (Not telepathy, but a big lightning type discharge.) With a setup like that, Superman vs Brainiac should have been epic.

But when Brainiac finally confronts Superman, his big tactic is whipping up a suit of armor made of telekinetic force. And he doesn't even pose much of a threat! Supes just breaks his armor and beats him down like he's a mook of the week, instead of the final boss of a months long major arc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

riv6672
That was pretty lame, yes. Surprised its not brought up more often.

Flyattractor
DC not talkig about its FugUps?

Surely you jest good sir!

riv6672
I meant here, as another example of Superness.

Flyattractor
....nah. I don't think that was it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.