Lobo Vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Pre New52 Lobo. Very confident Gladiator.
No prep. No BFR.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/4/40499/885167-lobo_1.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111203919/4376011-2802776-113537_90622_gladiator_super.jpg

leonidas
the main man....

StiltmanFTW
In a forum fight, the Main Man gets HV'd in the first few seconds.

KO = win stick out tongue

carver9
Gladiator.

iceman24567
Lobo wins

carver9
Gladiator wins.

iceman24567
Nice spam thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Carver-style.

I had the Carverbuster armor ready for Pr, but Bada was jealous and locked the thread I stashed the suit in sad

carver9
laughing out loud

I seen that crazy thread. Didn't get the chance to respond. Never leave us again Stilt...by the way, I liked that Beast thread you made not too long ago. Guess you didn't know about Beast recent upgrade.

DarkSaint85
What recent upgrade? He's given the Black Vortex up....

carver9
It's still recent though. He made a thread with Beast being at his best.

DarkSaint85
At the time he made it, Beast had already given it up sad

Stop hating on Stilt you e-bully.

Insane Titan
Lobo wins

carver9
True but he made a thread with Beast vs WC and he said we can use either at their best/strongest. No time period was given.

Lol...Stilt is cool but you, I have no words to explain my thoughts on Darksaint. Lololol...I just noticed your sig and avy is upside down. Hilarious.

StiltmanFTW
The point of the thread was to make you all pick the most appropriate versions of both characters to try and make it an even match stick out tongue I knew it would end like usual, though. Each side taking the most powerful incarnation.

You're correct, by the way - I actually may have heard a little something about Black Vortex Gamora and Beast, but I haven't considered it at all when making the thread.

Blue Area Vet
Gladiator beats the hell out him.

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The point of the thread was to make you all pick the most appropriate versions of both characters to try and make it an even match stick out tongue I knew it would end like usual, though. Each side taking the most powerful incarnation.

You're correct, by the way - I actually may have heard a little something about Black Vortex Gamora and Beast, but I haven't considered it at all when making the thread.

How did you feel when you realized Beast would stomp (even though normal Beast against normal Wild Child, Beast would still win)?

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

I felt okay. Wasn't my goal to get Beast defeated in the 246327846th thread in a row.

Define normal - both characters had plenty of versions. Cat Beast vs. Nosferatu WC... Non-amped Ape Beast vs. Wildheart, those fight could be fun, imo.

Stoic
Under normal circumstances, Lobo would defeat Gladiator, but it would be a hell of a battle. Under optimum conditions, Lobo would be piss drunk, and he would kill Gladiator.

deathslash
Lobo

Golgo13
Lobo.

carver9
laughing out loud

I felt okay. Wasn't my goal to get Beast defeated in the 246327846th thread in a row.

Define normal - both characters had plenty of versions. Cat Beast vs. Nosferatu WC... Non-amped Ape Beast vs. Wildheart, those fight could be fun, imo.

Better word I should've used is average.

StiltmanFTW
They're pretty close, tbh. Both underachievers. Similar powers. WC is ruthless and more skilled, though.

carver9
Beast isn't an underachiever though

tkitna
Gladiator

juggernaut74
Kallark gets fragged.

ODG
The Main Man wins.

h1a8
Gladiator, far faster and has flight and ranged powers. Lobo can be koed or bfred.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
Under normal circumstances, Lobo would defeat Gladiator, but it would be a hell of a battle. Under optimum conditions, Lobo would be piss drunk, and he would kill Gladiator.
I think this sums it up. Lobo FTW. Thanks folks.thumb up

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator.

Your fanboyism is really showing here.

Lobo stomps or should we BZ this?

DarkSaint85
Lobo wins this. BFR is off (not to mention, his bike could always fetch him).

riv6672
God forbid Glads accidentally hurts a space dolphin...eek!

riv6672
Someone brought this to my attention this morning...
http://www.lobobrasil.com.br/imagens/revistas/referencia_jlaavengers_1.jpg
...not canon, i know, but, also a no show for Glads when Lobo comes to the Shi'ar Empire.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
Someone brought this to my attention this morning...
http://www.lobobrasil.com.br/imagens/revistas/referencia_jlaavengers_1.jpg
...not canon, i know, but, also a no show for Glads when Lobo comes to the Shi'ar Empire.

Hey Perez sketched that no? If he did, it may as well be canon LOL. Oh and Kalark is there, he's just kayoed, and when the rest of his team found out they went on the attack. That scan simply shows what would happen if Lobo had a contract on them.

riv6672
LOL!

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Gladiator, far faster and has flight and ranged powers. Lobo can be koed or bfred.

Lobo has super speed in terms of punching and kicking. He also has his bike like DS mentioned. Gladiator can also be kayoed.

riv6672
And Lobo cant be BFRd. Not in this fight.

Stoic
And Lobo cant be BFRd. Not in this fight.

Exactly. When Lobo fought Superman, the HV was useless against him. However that may have been due to him being drunk off of his @$$. He was clearly more dangerous while drunk, as well as being much stronger.

carver9
Lobo is overrated. Can't remember any time beside classic days when he beat someone like Kallark. Does anyone have any showings of him beating a top tier?

DarkSaint85
Lobo is overrated. Can't remember any time beside classic days when he beat someone like Kallark. Does anyone have any showings of him beating a top tier?

By top tier, you mean someone you've heard of, right?

riv6672

No offense, Carver, but dismissing Superman getting beat on doesnt exactly make me want to rush out and find scans for you.

carver9
Classic days. Like some of his first appearances. The last time he fought Supes, things didn't work out so well for him.

Stoic

Longevity doesn't erase the feat. You can still go back and pluck a Hulk feat that does either better or worse than his current feats. Lobo defeated the entire Legion 89, this was never retconned. That team had Strata on it, and she would give Kallark a fight if one decided to go back and look at his battles against similar foes. Strata could (no offense) probably beat the Thing and Korg combined in less than 5 minutes. She way more durable. Lobo took her and the rest of the Legion apart with ease. He wasn't even drunk when he did that from my knowledge, but I could be wrong. Lobo beat the crap out of the Authority. That team would probably kick Glads butt. Unless that wasn't canon. Still unsure about that. What really makes me believe that Lobo wins, is that he fights extremely dirty. he was able to go blow for blow with Captain Marvel, but Captain Marvel was catching aircraft carriers thrown by Superman in those days.

Stoic
Classic days. Like some of his first appearances. The last time he fought Supes, things didn't work out so well for him.

He wasn't drunk or out to capture Superman due to contract. That's something that needed mentioning. Lobo has to visualize himself overcoming an obstacle, and he would then go out and make his thoughts real on someones face. In other words we should stick to the best performances with Lobo vs . Despero punched Lobo so hard that he was bfr'd. The punch didn't faze him. Lobo's punch stunned Despero though. It was a very short excange, but he shows high levels of stength there as well. When he went up against Thanos in the DC vs Marvel comic, he's knocked down but more than able to get back up with zero problems.

riv6672
Again, not really getting me excited about searching for scans just for you to put an expiration date on them.
You gave your opinion. Moving on.

Flyattractor
It is because of threads like that I remind myself that I didn't need to go out and actually buy a Scanner just to "Win" comic book VS threads.

StiltmanFTW
Forum Glads is more than able to spam continuous HV at Lobo from a safe distance. While flying.

It's not a fight to the death.

iceman24567
Forum Glads is more than able to spam continuous HV at Lobo from a safe distance. While flying.

It's not a fight to the death.
Only in the carververse

StiltmanFTW
Full capacity rule. Speed, flying, powerful ranged attack - more than enough to KO Lobo. He'll regenerate, but it doesn't matter, forum win goes to Kallark.

iceman24567
Full capacity rule. Speed, flying, powerful ranged attack - more than enough to KO Lobo. He'll regenerate, but it doesn't matter, forum win goes to Kallark. Actually cauterizing seems to work well on Lobo

JBL
Kallark melts Lobos face.

krisblaze
Gladiator doesn't have to fight like some supergenius to win this one.

He just needs to use his powers of flight.

The ones that he were born with.

He knows how to do that right?

iceman24567
Originally posted by krisblaze
Gladiator doesn't have to fight like some supergenius to win this one.

He just needs to use his powers of flight.

The ones that he were born with.

He knows how to do that right? Not really tbh

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
Not really tbh

Exactly, and he succumbs to pain very quickly, while Lobo can take having his entire body shot to pieces and filled with uranium depleted ammo. All of this and he could still stand there with a smile. So this depends on the Lobo. One version was impervious to HV from Superman, however he was piss drunk in that encounter. Gladiator on the other hands screamed like a when he got stabbed in War of Kings.

riv6672
I think the Glads supporters are reaching too much, assuming one sided all outs etc. reeks of desperation.

JBL
I think the Glads supporters are reaching too much, assuming one sided all outs etc. reeks of desperation. Gladiator has every advantage over lobo. Speed, range attacks, strength etc. Let me ask you this since you started this thread..... Who would win out of lobo and superman?

iceman24567
I think the Glads supporters are reaching too much, assuming one sided all outs etc. reeks of desperation. I agree its a tough fight but Lobo should smash his face in

riv6672
I'm just saying, things like Glads fighting from a distance/at super speed/continuous HV, is just another way of saying you dont think he can win a fight in character, so you're having him fight OOC instead of just saying yeah, he loses this one.

carver9
Gladiator wins due to being stronger, faster, durable, and overall more powerful. Good fight though.

JBL
I'm just saying, things like Glads fighting from a distance/at super speed/continuous HV, is just another way of saying you dont think he can win a fight in character, so you're having him fight OOC instead of just saying yeah, he loses this one. So if glads use his hv, speed etc, hes fighting OOC? Gladiator would have no problem engaging lobo h2h, but he will use his advantages as he has done plenty of times. But why make this thread if you are so sure lobo would win? Why do you accuse voters for gladiator if they say he wins? Everything people have said that glads could do to win, he has done it on panel, even blasting one of his own troops head to pieces without even caring about it.

Golgo13
Gladiator wins due to being stronger, faster, durable, and overall more powerful. Good fight though.

no

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
no

thumb down

riv6672
Originally posted by JBL
So if glads use his hv, speed etc, hes fighting OOC? Gladiator would have no problem engaging lobo h2h, but he will use his advantages as he has done plenty of times.
Yeah, thats not what i was saying at all, but thank you for missing my point.

Originally posted by JBL
But why make this thread if you are so sure lobo would win? Why do you accuse voters for gladiator if they say he wins?
I didnt make this thread with a clear winner in mind, though if i had, that wouldnt be unique here.
Pretty sure i could find threads of yours where you do this, if i cared to.
I dont.
Only thing i'm accusing Glads folks of is not being able to think of a way to win other than fighting OOC, CBRing Lobo while Lobo stands there.

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
So if glads use his hv, speed etc, hes fighting OOC? Gladiator would have no problem engaging lobo h2h, but he will use his advantages as he has done plenty of times. But why make this thread if you are so sure lobo would win? Why do you accuse voters for gladiator if they say he wins? Everything people have said that glads could do to win, he has done it on panel, even blasting one of his own troops head to pieces without even caring about it.

True. Everyone that has voted for Gladiator, he has attacked. If he feels like Lobo wins for sure, why make the thread.

Time Immemorial
True. Everyone that has voted for Gladiator, he has attacked. If he feels like Lobo wins for sure, why make the thread.

Like you did here?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t612172.html

riv6672
Sorry Carver but, any examples used for Glads were "classic stories", and so not applicable.
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Lobo travels across universe on his bike. By the rules applied to Silver surfer, he must be FTL in speed.

He can also throw stellar mass. Ergo he is stronger than Gladiator. So simple, Lobo blitzes Gladiator and beats him.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lobo travels across universe on his bike. By the rules applied to Silver surfer, he must be FTL in speed.

He can also throw stellar mass. Ergo he is stronger than Gladiator. So simple, Lobo blitzes Gladiator and beats him.

Lobo's bike (which is sentient and does not even need Lobo to control it, unlike that weak frail Surfer), hits the back of Glads head ftw.

Or toon physics Lobo suddenly has the exact same radiation in his pocket to weaken Glads, after using his ability to sense weaknesses....

Or just taunts him until Glads' confidence falters. I would prefer this, because hopefully Glads will soil his silly little romper suit again.

riv6672
Again?
What classic story did he first soil himself in? eek!

DarkSaint85
Again?
What classic story did he first soil himself in? eek!

It was published before last week; so is def a classic:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/2723325-6.png

StiltmanFTW
Years ago, you mean.

riv6672
Haha, poo pants!

Magog
Kallark pisspounds that clown.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lobo's bike (which is sentient and does not even need Lobo to control it, unlike that weak frail Surfer), hits the back of Glads head ftw.

Or toon physics Lobo suddenly has the exact same radiation in his pocket to weaken Glads, after using his ability to sense weaknesses....

Or just taunts him until Glads' confidence falters. I would prefer this, because hopefully Glads will soil his silly little romper suit again.

thumb up

riv6672
Seriously though, i cant recall another character ever pooping themselves in a comic like that.

StiltmanFTW
Batman pissed himself.

riv6672
Really?
I know he punched Hitman once, made him puke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.