Martian Manhunter vs Wonder Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
I was thinking who is the closest equivalent in Marvel to Martian Manhunter? I don't mean like Vision, who has some similarities, but in terms of basic jobbability? Someone high tier who seems to promise but doesn't deliver most of the time?

My conclusion was Wonder Man. With Martian Manhunter he says stuff like "People forget I'm as strong as Superman" and Supes says things like "MM is the most powerful being on the planet". Then we have things like Simon saying "my fists hit like Thor's hammer" and "I'm in a class only Thor can touch", and guys like Arkon saying he hits "harder than Thor". But then they both get knocked out.

So who wins a no BFR, no prep fight?

1) Physical brawl with no powers other than strength and durability.

2) All powers, except MM can't use TP.

3) All powers.

cdtm
The funny thing is, even in his first showing, the writer trumps up his punches as Mjolnir like, and then has him actually hit Thor it's all "but it didn't really hurt him, sucker punch, caught off guard but no damage" excuses. Real impressive, knocking Thor into a pit with a sucker punch that didn't even bloody his lip. laughing out loud

zopzop
Martian Manhunter wins. He's a tier above Simon.
1) MM wins with slight difficulty
2) MM destroys
3) close this thread for spite against WM

leonidas
i could see simon taking this in straight h2h, no shapeshifting or anything, but it would be close every time. maybe about a split imo.

the other 2 jonn takes him pretty easily.

Branlor Swift
Wonder Man chokes him out cold. MM panics in the choke and forgets he has powers

abhilegend
Somewhere Martian Mind weeps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.