Powerless Herc vs powerless Diana h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Henry_Pym
Overeem vs Rousey

Give me the lion of Olympus.

DarkSaint85
There IS a reason we have weight classes and separate sex divisions in any combat sport, let alone ANY sport.

Herc wins this.

I even have a scan of the winning move:

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk137/CoJoeTheLawyer/incherc136page010011.jpg

ODG
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
There IS a reason we have weight classes and separate sex divisions in any combat sport, let alone ANY sport. Comics don't work like real life.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by ODG
Comics don't work like real life. I'd argue they do on "powerless" characters. We get skill and speed loopholes that account for the gulf of physical strength between genders, unless you are talking about the speed rumor, and the fact that Men technically have more quick twitch muscle fibers this are also faster.

ODG
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
I'd argue they do on "powerless" characters. We get skill and speed loopholes that account for the gulf of physical strength between genders, unless you are talking about the speed rumor, and the fact that Men technically have more quick twitch muscle fibers this are also faster. Women like Lady Shiva and Elektra are considered some of the highest martial artists in their respective universes. At that high a level, skill is what matters in comics.

iceman24567
thumb up I would tombstone piledrive Shiva and Elektra in real life

Mindset
Herc wins.

cdtm
Originally posted by ODG
Women like Lady Shiva and Elektra are considered some of the highest martial artists in their respective universes. At that high a level, skill is what matters in comics.

And lets not forget comic books feature pre pube boy crime fighters beating on fully grown, overmuscled thugs and villains.

It was kind of ridiculous, how puny Jason Todd sends a guy built like HHH flying with a simple punch.

deathslash
Herc seduces and beats Diana

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ODG
Comics don't work like real life.

True, but when you have someone as skilled as Herc....he's no slouch in H2H either.

Any gap in their skills, if there is one, is bridged by his stats, IMO.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by ODG
Women like Lady Shiva and Elektra are considered some of the highest martial artists in their respective universes. At that high a level, skill is what matters in comics. sure but both lose to equivalently skilled men.

ODG
sure but both lose to equivalently skilled men. I'm interested in hearing your on-panel examples.

Branlor Swift
If this was a real fight in our world it'd be like someone shaking a baby

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by ODG
I'm interested in hearing your on-panel examples. Matt / Bruce...

abhilegend
Diana wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
laughing

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

laughing

Pretty much. You've incurred the wrath of the Cult of Diana.

ODG
Matt / Bruce... Pretty sure Elektra and Lady Shiva have beaten Matt and Bruce.

deathslash
Originally posted by ODG
Pretty sure Elektra and Lady Shiva have beaten Matt and Bruce. Bullseye and Richard Dragon then? Also Jason Todd tooled her in the new 52

ODG
Originally posted by deathslash
Bullseye and Richard Dragon then? Also Jason Todd tooled her in the new 52 Elektra has definitely beaten Bullseye. The point being, the top tier women martial artists in comics don't necessarily lose 100% to equivalently skilled men because of a "natural stats advantage."

leonidas
Originally posted by ODG
Elektra has definitely beaten Bullseye. The point being, the top tier women martial artists in comics don't necessarily lose 100% to equivalently skilled men because of a "natural stats advantage."

the fact that you have to utter that sentence makes me weep a little inside....

Branlor Swift
If this were real life, Hercules would just suplex Wonder Woman until she was broken.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
the fact that you have to utter that sentence makes me weep a little inside....

It's kind of true. I saw a 5'2" woman judo throw a 6'1" man at least 6 feet in class. She could actually win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.