Solomon Grundy & Bizarro Vs Hyperion & Mr. Fixit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SG_zps7moi9fvk.jpg
&
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BO_zpsdamlhry0.jpg

vs

Hyperion (Squadron Supreme)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HN_zpsqbgxqebn.jpg
&
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MF_zpso3yxm9g9.jpg

krisblaze
Fixit crazy weak link here.

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
Fixit crazy weak link here.

Depends on his level of power. But power isn't everything, and in this case T2 holds all of the cards in terms of intelligence. The Joe Fixit that embarrassed the Avengers get my vote. The one that was crushed by the overly mutated Pineapple Thing gets beaten up fast.

DTM
Mr. Fixit is out of his league here, IMO.

Stoic
Originally posted by DTM
Mr. Fixit is out of his league here, IMO.

Grundy is the one out of his league here IMO. The version used in that scan was far from the most impressive version of Grundy, and what exactly did he do to make you look past him as being the weak link? Gotta hear this. At least Fixit can amp. The last time I saw Fixit he was tearing the Avengers a new one, so it goes to show you that he actually does get stronger with rage. He completely embarrassed Wonder Man, and Iron Man in his last appearance.

DarkSaint85
Doesn't Grundy amp off his opponent? Or is that a forum myth? I've seen it mentioned here and there. Which is why he can fight Batman one issue, then Alan Scott the next.

I think beatboks had the scans.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doesn't Grundy amp off his opponent? Or is that a forum myth? I've seen it mentioned here and there. Which is why he can fight Batman one issue, then Alan Scott the next.

I think you're right, but how far does that go exactly? Joe Fixit just keeps going until he turns green, and then i could only guess that he would eventually become the world breaker or hit those levels.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
I think you're right, but how far does that go exactly? Joe Fixit just keeps going until he turns green, and then i could only guess that he would eventually become the world breaker or hit those levels.

No idea - it could be a forum myth, or a way to excuse his showings which can be all over the place. I mean, it makes sense, but I will reserve judgement on that.

Thing is, outside of Pak, Hulk has never hit WBH levels in his 60 years of comics. Even recently, when Exitar was about to kill him - he didn't change. He has been KO'd plenty of times without ramping up to WBH levels - even in Ultron Forever, we saw him being decapitated without getting WBH levels of power.

Can he? Strictly looking at powerset, yes, he can. But if we just used powersets, Martian Manjobber would be a force to be reckoned with lol.

carver9

Only Mages my friend.

beatboks
Grundy absorbs energy that is ambien (pparticularly fond of magic as Alan Scot and Dr Fate can attest to, but also likes radiation). The thing here is that to my knowedge hyperion doesnt give off energy and the gamma given off by fixit is vastly below that of any other hulk. In the presence of these two I wouldnt expect him to be at very high levels at all. When he fought Courtney when she was SSK (with just the belt that uses as much cosmic energy as tthe rod but doesnt "project " it the way the rod does ) he was no where near as powerful as whe he faced when she carried the Rod.

Theres a reason why Wildcat and Batman can fight him in a good fight but when around guys like Fate, Alan, Etc he can take on teams.

One of his last pre COIE appearances when je faced Alan, Classic Fate and had been in a swamp used to dumpradioactive waste, he'd absorbed so much energy that he developed TK and started mentally hurling every piece of wood for miles at Alan.
There's another where hes struck by lightning and it states on panel that it makes him the most powerful he's ever been.
in a mini with him and Alan he crushes Alan'sAlan's battery after absorbing its energy (ffew pages later Alan draws all the green energy back into himself from the neighborhood where it was smashed).
There are a few dozen more.

It was also stated in both of his who'swho's who entries that he absorbed energy to enhance him.

I'll take the Marvel team here due to intelligence and the fact that in this fight I'dI'd see Grundy as no more imposing than Fixit.

DarkSaint85
Carver always lies to me sad

iceman24567
Carver always lies to me sad thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.