Why even live on Tatooine?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Why would people like Owen and Beru choose to live on a barren, arid world like Tatooine? Their is absolutely zero appeal to living their. Its hot and dangerous and moisture farming sounds boring as sh!t.

The Merchant
I assume they're poor as hell and can't afford a starship like most people on Tatooine.

Zenwolf
Some find the life of a moisture farmer appealing.

ares834
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Why would people like Owen and Beru choose to live on a barren, arid world like Tatooine? Their is absolutely zero appeal to living their. Its hot and dangerous and moisture farming sounds boring as sh!t.

Why even live in Africa? Why even live in the Middle East? Why even live in Canada?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The Merchant
I assume they're poor as hell and can't afford a starship like most people on Tatooine.

^ This.

Zenwolf
No it's because some choose the hard working life, to have a sense of accomplishment and pride in what they do.

If they can afford an X-34 landspeeder and a T-16 Skyhopper, plus droids. They sure as heck can leave if they want, they just choose not to.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by ares834
Why even live in Canada? To escape the shenanigans.

Q99
Land is probably very cheap. Get a whole farm for as much as a one-room apartment on Coruscant.

Beniboybling
I doubt they exactly choose where they live, people are born on Tatooine, tough luck.

ILS
Originally posted by Zenwolf
No it's because some choose the hard working life, to have a sense of accomplishment and pride in what they do.

If they can afford an X-34 landspeeder and a T-16 Skyhopper, plus droids. They sure as heck can leave if they want, they just choose not to. Don't they need those vehicles/droids to maintain their agriculture? And it's not much good blowing all of your earnings on a ship and then getting to a brand new planet with nothing to your name and no business ventures.

I can afford a plane trip, doesn't mean I have much to work with if I moved to America or Iceland.

Q99
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I doubt they exactly choose where they live, people are born on Tatooine, tough luck.

And heck, a number were brought there as slaves or such.

Some of the species that move there, likely don't mind the climate. Hutts are big enough that dehydration isn't necessarily a concern, Weeqay look quite well set-up for deserts, and so on.

Sure, humans have limits in the desert, but others may look around and say, 'hey, this is a nice place to live, not like all those way-too-humid core worlds full of humans and Duros.'

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Don't they need those vehicles/droids to maintain their agriculture? And it's not much good blowing all of your earnings on a ship and then getting to a brand new planet with nothing to your name and no business ventures.

I can afford a plane trip, doesn't mean I have much to work with if I moved to America or Iceland.

Not the T-16 no, that was Luke who just used it for racing and blasting womp rats. Plus Owen was able to purchase many droids and they aren't exactly cheap. As I recall he had a total of 3 droids prior to getting R2 and 3PO.

The Landspeeder sure he could use for traveling though, but yeah. I mean if they sold everything, they would have a good chunk of credits to get off world to some place nicer and get a new life, yet they chose not too.

Plus Owen did say

"It's only one season more. This time we'll make enough on the harvest, to hire more hands and you can go to the Academy next year."

So if he can afford the upkeep of his place, the moisture vaportors, the vehicles and droids + while saying he could hire more hands for the next season.

I'm sure that getting off world isn't much an issue and starting a new life somewhere.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by ares834
Why even live in Africa? Why even live in the Middle East? Why even live in Canada? because Canada is awesome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.