Disney rumors circulate over possible Obi Wan trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ewan-McGregor-Being-Courted-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Trilogy-71818.html

|King Joker|
How the fvck could they make a trilogy out of him sitting on Tatooine all day? I could see them doing a single movie with, like, Darth Maul, but a trilogy seems odd, in my opinion. He isn't really supposed to be doing much at that time.

Still excited, though. Ewan rocks.

DARTH POWER
If they want to bring Darth Maul into it, they can't really do that justice in a single movie IMO.

Because the majority of the general audience don't know Maul's alive, so they'll need to spend a lot of story time expanding on that Imho.

Anyway it's just a rumour. But I'd be down for it mainly for the Kenobi/Maul rivalry which has become pretty epic. But if the whole draw was just Obi-Wan... Well we've kind of already had that with the Prequels, so I wouldn't see the point personally.

ares834
Sounds like shit. I like Obi-Wan, but a trilogy about him sitting around on Tatooine?

**** no.

quanchi112
I also find this to be a terrible idea. Firstly, we have seen enough of Obi. One movie ok but three centered around him that sounds awful. Secondly, i never cared for Obi as a character. Thirdly, why not focus on a younger Yoda in a different era with completely new and interesting characters.

|King Joker|
An Ahsoka trilogy > Obi-Wan trilogy.

WHO'S WITH ME?! Happy Dance

playa1258
His story is done. Make a Revan trilogy.

ares834
Originally posted by quanchi112
I also find this to be a terrible idea. Firstly, we have seen enough of Obi. One movie ok but three centered around him that sounds awful. Secondly, i never cared for Obi as a character. Thirdly, why not focus on a younger Yoda in a different era with completely new and interesting characters.

Yep. They are better off exploring a new era. I'd say go back before even Yoda was born when the Sith were still around in large numbers.

Originally posted by playa1258

I'd rather not. KotOR was an excellent but I want a new story not a rehash of a game.

|King Joker|
I doubt they'd go back in time so far that it's irrelevant to the core stuff. (Ep. 1 - Ep. 7/8/9).

DARTH POWER
There are rumors of a Yoda anthology film as well.

All rumors for now. But don't be surprised if Disney capitalises on the most popular characters.

|King Joker|
I don't want a Yoda movie. He should remain a mysterious character, in my opinion.

Ahsoka dealing with post-Order 66 and her becoming 'Fulcrum' would be so interesting, honestly. They're missing out on a great story if they pass something like that up.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ares834
Sounds like shit. I like Obi-Wan, but a trilogy about him sitting around on Tatooine?

**** no.

playa1258
Rumor has it that Cumberpatch is playing Obi-wan.

Time Immemorial
Why can't we have a movie about a Sith, Jedi's are boring.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258

how about a jacen solo film lol

but yeah revan woold be great on screen

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Why can't we have a movie about a Sith, Jedi's are boring. I agree. I'd love a darth bane film. He sounds like a fascinating Sith Lord.

Kazenji
This is old goddamn news to do with a rumored Obi-Wan trilogy/spin-off

rumors been floating around since September last year.

Spawningpool
How do you picture young yoda?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
This is old goddamn news to do with a rumored Obi-Wan trilogy/spin-off

rumors been floating around since September last year. This was just a recent story on cinema blend, ign. Etc you angry freak.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Spawningpool
How do you picture young yoda? Mlre brash and without the wisdom.

Kazenji
This was just a recent story on cinema blend, ign. Etc you angry freak.

That's the internet for ya digging up the past.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
That's the internet for ya digging up the past. Well they all did it around the same time. No need to be angry.

Kazenji
I'm not angry, Far from it.

Inhuman
A Dooku film, where he trains a young Quigon

DARTH POWER
Or a Dooku film where he's Yoda's star pupil.

ares834
God no. And thankfully, I doubt they will make any movies around that era.

Inhuman
Originally posted by ares834
God no. And thankfully, I doubt they will make any movies around that era.

A Jar Jar trilogy. Where he must travel to Endor to unravel a mystery that will shake up the whole SW universe.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Inhuman
A Jar Jar trilogy. Where he must travel to Endor to unravel a mystery that will shake up the whole SW universe.

Make it happen Lucasfilm.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Inhuman

Jar Jar...Jar Jar.. Jar Jar lol

Firefly218
Ewan McGregor would be a perfect lead for Obi Wan Kenobi trilogy. Too bad the prequels sucked balls and Disney is understandably reluctant to remind ppl of that fact.

quanchi112
I want Darth Maul back to the big screen.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Firefly218
Too bad the prequels sucked balls and Disney is understandably reluctant to remind ppl of that fact.

Well then Disney is dumb. The Prequels were very popular. Completely stay away from them because there's some loud haters out there, and they're missing out on a lot of money.

StiltmanFTW
Kyle Katarn deserves a movie series.

Flyattractor
I wouldn't mind seeing some Star Wars stuff that DOSEN'T have to focus only on the Force Characters.

ares834
They've said that Star War: Rogue One won't.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Firefly218
Ewan McGregor would be a perfect lead for Obi Wan Kenobi trilogy. Too bad the prequels sucked balls and Disney is understandably reluctant to remind ppl of that fact.

Revenge of the Sith was good enough to make us forget about all the bad parts from E I and E II, imho.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Revenge of the Sith was good enough to make us forget about all the bad parts from E I and E II, imho. That was the best Star Wars film to date. thumb up

Bashar Teg
i'm all for a new obiwan trology. they should throw in anakin and yoda and call it "episode I, II, & III"

Surtur
Obi Wan was on Tatooine for nearly 2 decades before leaving with Luke. 2 decades is a LONG time, he could of had a variety of adventures, even if he never left Tatooine. Plus, they can branch away from that and say that from time to time maybe he did leave Tatooine, but only for good reasons. Like perhaps he heard about some jedi still alive in a nearby star system

Also please do not bring Darth Maul back. He died like an utter chump in the movie. Let the last memory of him at least be...from the Clone Wars cartoon. That version at least was a bit less shitty.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Surtur
Obi Wan was on Tatooine for nearly 2 decades before leaving with Luke. 2 decades is a LONG time, he could of had a variety of adventures, even if he never left Tatooine. Plus, they can branch away from that and say that from time to time maybe he did leave Tatooine, but only for good reasons. Like perhaps he heard about some jedi still alive in a nearby star system

Also please do not bring Darth Maul back. He died like an utter chump in the movie. Let the last memory of him at least be...from the Clone Wars cartoon. That version at least was a bit less shitty.
Darth Maul's fight in phantom menace is the highlight of that movie. He took on two Jedi at the same time, that's not chump like to me.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur

Also please do not bring Darth Maul back. He died like an utter chump in the movie. Let the last memory of him at least be...from the Clone Wars cartoon. That version at least was a bit less shitty. How dare you say he died like a chump. Like it or not he's an immensely popular Star Wars character and it would be stupid to ignore him for the big screen. The guy was a force in the phantom menace and only went down due to boasting.

Dooku died like a chump in rots.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.