Strike Back!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Holy **** balls the best ****ing show on TV is BACK!!!!! for season 5, Wed nights.

I thought it stopped on season 4, but I was wrong. **** 24, this show is 24 on crack x 100, it's that much better. Strike Back is an older British show, that's was slow to air in the US.

Here's a taste.

JWK3JLQwIdc

The Nuul
Michael Bisping was good in the season opener, I wish that they didn't kill him, he would have been a great villain on this show. He beat both Scott and Stone at the same time, it was ****ing awesome! I think Michael tanked a few shots from an Uzi to the shoulder, chest and still fought, was winning the fight against Stone.

Great TV.

Stone is like Captain America, Supes, a boyscout in a way, while Scott is the while card. Both great characters.

Lestov16
I phucking love this show! Scott and Stonebridge are a two-man COD game.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Lestov16
I phucking love this show! Scott and Stonebridge are a two-man COD game.

thumb up

I'm sorry Lest, but this show shits all over 24 and Homeland.

Lestov16
In terms of action set pieces and choreography, it's better than 24, but that's about it. The entirety of Section 20 couldn't do what Jack does in a single day. 24 is a far better overall show. Strike Back is like junk food, whereas 24 is like a steak.

The Nuul
In one or two eps Section 20 can do what CTU can do in an entire season. 24 needed a better HR deparment, every season there was a spy working in CTU. lol what a joke, just like any other Fox show like The Following.

Lestov16
Oh please, they need an entire season to do what Jack does in one day and even less

Strike Back: Season 1: Had to prevent a nerve gas attack
Jack prevented 5 in one day

Season 2: Had to prevent a nuke from going off
Jack prevented that 3 times, each time in the course of a day (first time also the 2nd season of the show)

SeasON 3: Stop biological attack
Jack prevented that in one day on a far grander scale (also 3rd season just like Strike Back)

Season 4: Appears to be a WW3 plot involving North Korea
Jack prevented WW3 numerous times, including his most recent time which was a confirmed nuclear war.

Strike Back is just Commando, or more accurately COD:MF, only using the 24 formula of WMD-based terrorist attacks and the James Bond formula of exotic locations and hot women.

Also, let's not talk stupidity when Stonebridge stopped to save girls in cages when he could have come back for them, allowing Fosters daughter to get tortured and Foster to commit terrorism. Jack wouldn't have done that shit. He would focused unrelentingly on his target

The Nuul
Stone had a team to do the rest, that's why he stopped, to do the right thing. He's a boy scout, Captain Americanish, Supermanish.

24 does make longer back stories for characters though, where as Strike Back doesn't. 24 also has longer plots, Strike Backs seasons are like 4 or 5 eps then they move on. Strike Back is a lot more realistic and balls out crazy fun. 24 is old now, past it's time, this last mini series of 24 was shit.

Lestov16
Mini series was awesome and Jack has become a pop culture icon the likes of which Scott and Stonebridge can never be.

This show is good and definitely satisfies my post-24 action craving, but it certainly isn't never as amazing as 24 was. As stated before, this show rips off numerous 24 plots. 24 is widely regarded as one of the best TV shows ever made. Strike Back is fun, but certainly not equivalent. Stonebridge swimming to the boat was cool, but not nearly as cool as Jack spur of the moment deciding to rob a convenience store to stop terrorism, or taking out a mercenary commando team in a LA neighborhood that was just hit with an EMP. Strike Back just isn't comparable.

Also, each season of 24 is usually composed of multiple terror attacks and threats. It's not like they spend all 24 episodes focusing on one threat.

The Nuul
Mini series was awesome and Jack has become a pop culture icon the likes of which Scott and Stonebridge can never be.

This show is good and definitely satisfies my post-24 action craving, but it certainly isn't never as amazing as 24 was. As stated before, this show rips off numerous 24 plots. 24 is widely regarded as one of the best TV shows ever made. Strike Back is fun, but certainly not equivalent. Stonebridge swimming to the boat was cool, but not nearly as cool as Jack spur of the moment deciding to rob a convenience store to stop terrorism, or taking out a mercenary commando team in a LA neighborhood that was just hit with an EMP. Strike Back just isn't comparable.

Also, each season of 24 is usually composed of multiple terror attacks and threats. It's not like they spend all 24 episodes focusing on one threat.

You're pretty much just like Quan. A fanboy who thinks Jack can beat anyone.

marwash22
this show is pretty good. I agree that it's better than '24', but it's not touching 'Homeland' when 'Homeland' is at it's best.

Also, I want Sullivan to star in a 'Punisher' movie.

Robtard
Show's pretty ridiculous, but I enjoy watching it. Looking forward to S5.

Forgot it was coming back on, thanks for the heads up thumb up

Lestov16
Originally posted by The Nuul
You're pretty much just like Quan. A fanboy who thinks Jack can beat anyone.

Not anyone, but a lot of people.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Robtard
Show's pretty ridiculous, but I enjoy watching it. Looking forward to S5.

Forgot it was coming back on, thanks for the heads up thumb up

Welcome man thumb up

Glad that you enjoy it, not many people have heard of this show.

Originally posted by marwash22
this show is pretty good. I agree that it's better than '24', but it's not touching 'Homeland' when 'Homeland' is at it's best.

Also, I want Sullivan to star in a 'Punisher' movie.

Cool thumb up

I've never gotten into Homeland, so I show ignorance on my part.

Robtard
Welcome man thumb up Glad that you enjoy it, not many people have heard of this show.

I started watching it sometime after S2, iirc. I marathon-watched S1 and then most of 2 until I caught up.

Lestov then told me about the original show with Porter, watched that too.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Robtard
I started watching it sometime after S2, iirc. I marathon-watched S1 and then most of 2 until I caught up.

Lestov then told me about the original show with Porter, watched that too.

At lease you're watching and liking it. That's a good thing, more people should watch it. I always spread the word.

Lestov16
Cinemax has 3 of the best action shows I have ever seen: Spartacus, Strike Back, and Banshee. Spartacus is in my top 10 GOAT shows and Banshee might be too once I finish the whole series.

Surtur
This is the first I have ever heard of this show.

The Nuul
I first started watching this after the first season of TWD, then I was like what?! Rick is British!!!

Originally posted by Surtur
This is the first I have ever heard of this show.

It's a balls out fun and crazy ass show, check it out man, from the first season. Also, check out Banshee.

thumb up

Lestov16
I saw SB first, so I had the opposite reaction. When I first saw the Walking Dead I was like "Hey, I know that guy. He's the one who screwed over Porter!"

The Nuul
laughing out loud

Lestov16
As stated, it seems they're going WWIII with North Korea this season. I know that since this is the last season, the action will be more spectacular than ever. I don't see Richmond surviving, or Martinez. Don't know who will make it out alive. Just hope neither of the double-S duo die.

The Nuul
I was loling because we did the same thing, but opposite of each other.

Lestov16
I know. I was just changing the subject.

I do admit for the first few episodes of TWD, I was rooting against Rick because I hated Collinson so much. When bad stuff happened to him I was cheering "That what's you get!"

The Nuul
I assume what your answer will be to this.... lol

Who'd win in a fight in h2h?

Stonebridge vs Jack

or

Scott vs Jack

The Nuul
As stated, it seems they're going WWIII with North Korea this season.

Yeah mate, you're right about that. And yeah, Jack is pop culture, SB characters will never reach that. Still, SB is a great show for it's own reasons. I hated Katee Sackhoff/Dana Walsh from 24, and I thought that actress played on Homeland, I hated Homeland even since, even though I was wrong.

Lestov16
I've only seen the first season of Homeland. Got bored really quick. And the Dana Walsh subplot is widely regarded as one of the shows lowest points, so you're not alone there.

The Nuul
I've only seen the first season of Homeland. Got bored really quick. And the Dana Walsh subplot is widely regarded as one of the shows lowest points, so you're not alone there.

Do you know of any shows that are like 24, non boring ass Homeland, and balls out fun Strike Back big grin along these lines etc... to recommend? TV is junk these days. TWD is boring, GoT is boring and the list goes on, if you look through the cracks you may find some great shows like Banshee.

The Nuul
I can't wait for tonight!!! youpi

rifle sniper raygun nuke

The Nuul
Good ep, wasn't as good as the first one. I really didn't expect that ending doe, wow!

The Nuul
As the thread starter - guys, please use spoiler tags.

Thank you.

Lestov16
Good action shows beside SB, 24, and Banshee:

Spartacus (better than GOT IMO)
Nikita (better than Supernatural IMO; precursor to action choreography of Arrow)
Alias (pretty much the ultimate James Bond-inspired Tv series)
Burn Notice
Leverage
1st season of Human Target
The Unit (if you are willing to go through a bunch of soap opera mumbo jumbo to get to the action)
The Blacklist

The Nuul
The Blacklist, The Unit, and Burn Notice are great till the end. Spartacus, I thought was good in the first season, I didn't like it when they changed the main actor, then I stopped watching it, the rest, I haven't seen, but I'll check them out thanks.

TheVaultDweller
Love this show so was really happy to see it back.

The Nuul
Good action shows beside SB, 24, and Banshee:

Spartacus (better than GOT IMO)
Nikita (better than Supernatural IMO; precursor to action choreography of Arrow)
Alias (pretty much the ultimate James Bond-inspired Tv series)
Burn Notice
Leverage
1st season of Human Target
The Unit (if you are willing to go through a bunch of soap opera mumbo jumbo to get to the action)
The Blacklist

I'm going to check out Alias, I saw the trailer and it looks good.

Lestov16
Nikita is way better IMO. It is essentially Jason Bourne if written by Joss Whedon.

The Nuul
This Ep was great! I wished that Michelle Yeoh fight scenes were shot better (I like clear and wide shots for fight scenes with some close ups/over the shoulder shots), that was my only complaint, this was a great Ep overall. Best of the season so far, and one of the best of the series.

TheVaultDweller
Why do I get the feeling that those two supposed high class drug smugglers are actually going to end up being Interpol agents or something again.

The Nuul
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Why do I get the feeling that those two supposed high class drug smugglers are actually going to end up being Interpol agents or something again.

I did't get that feeling at all.

TheVaultDweller
I did't get that feeling at all.

I don't know, but I just got this vibe from them. Seemed like rougher looking versions of Stonebridge and Scott. And it's not like it'd be the first time that something like this happens. Also, I found it really strange that in the promo for up-and-coming episodes, the Brit out of the two was shown in what looked like combat gear, with an assault rifle, in a prone, soldier's firing position, and signaling someone. Just seems out of place for a smuggler to be in the kind of position Section 20 agents often find themselves in. Unless those two were former military, like Scott and Stonebridge are. That being said, I am probably way off, but it just wouldn't surprise me at all if I wasn't.

The Nuul
As stated, it seems they're going WWIII with North Korea this season. I know that since this is the last season, the action will be more spectacular than ever. I don't see Richmond surviving, or Martinez. Don't know who will make it out alive. Just hope neither of the double-S duo die.

You were right about Richmond, it seems.

Strike Back was freaking awesome. eek!

TheVaultDweller
Well, after that last episode no one can claim that Scott and Stonebridge don't know how to make an exit. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.