Namora vs Lyra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mike82
Namora is swimming and happens across a whaling vessel slaughtering innocent whales. The ship is Captained by Lyra. Not only is Lyra the Captain, she personally takes joy in slaughtering the whales herself. It's pretty bad, really. Not even the baby whales are spared. Namora is pissed, she is really pissed. Lyra tells herself jokes so she won't get mad.

Fight starts NOW!

Branlor Swift
This seems like something Lyra would do tbh. This would make a good Bendis series

Mike82
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Anyways, Lyra easily has to be the strongest opponent Namora has faced. She knocked She-Hulk around pretty good in her on comic, but lost because she got angry, and that made her weaker.

Mike82
Lyra: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6523/savageshehulk2021.th.jpg

Namora: http://s378.photobucket.com/user/wilcat92/media/Namora/img012.jpg.html

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This seems like something Lyra would do tbh. This would make a good Bendis series

Lyra a killer of innocent creatures and loving it? LOL No.

Mike82
Who wins?

Stoic
Originally posted by Mike82
Who wins?

Namora. Her experience should net her the win more times than not, but she takes some very hard lumps.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Stoic
Lyra a killer of innocent creatures and loving it? LOL No. Stoic did you hear about her latest showing?

Suck my ass stoic

Some are calling it her best yet. thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Stoic did you hear about her latest showing?

Suck my ass stoic

Some are calling it her best yet. thumb up

Lol no what did she do?

Mike82
Originally posted by Stoic
Namora. Her experience should net her the win more times than not, but she takes some very hard lumps.

Namora seems to rely more on raw power more than skill. As powerful as she is, I could certainly imagine her throwing a punch, and Lyra just catches her fist, suprising Namora and punches Namora through a building. Namora would shake it off, but after a while, hits like that will start to take its toll.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mike82
Namora seems to rely more on raw power more than skill. As powerful as she is, I could certainly imagine her throwing a punch, and Lyra just catches her fist, suprising Namora and punches Namora through a building. Namora would shake it off, but after a while, hits like that will start to take its toll.

I don't know, I'm seeing a Wonder Woman vs Supergirl scenario between the two of these girls. I believe that if a fight between them happened in a comic, the writers would have Lyra caught flat footed, and although she would do well, she would be outclassed by the life experience that Namora brings to the table. Namora isn't an elite MA, but neither is Lyra. They've both trained, but they lack what it takes to be at the top. The latter statement should apply to Lyra more so because she literally just appeared on the scene. However, if she manages to survive whatever hell Doc Green unwittingly sent her to, I expect to see a battle hardened Lyra, Until then, I'd give Namora the slight nod.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.