Xcom 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/mGHcEc7.png

So you think you defeated the aliens in the first reboot of the XCOM series, XCOM: Enemy Unknown? Think again mother****er!

http://i.imgur.com/1bjbaEG.jpg

A few days ago Firaxis announced they were releasing a sequel. This is a continuation of the storyline in the first game except it seems to be based on the 75% of the times the aliens beat the shit out of XCOM and conquered the planet. Probably just dropped a bunch of Sectopods and Chrysalids in the first month and didn't bother pissing around this time.

The new game is centered around leading a resistance movement rising against the alien controlled government as the ragtag remnants of XCOM. With a greater emphasis on stealth movement and guerrilla tactics and against new aliens and traitorous human scum, you must take the fight to the victorious alien menace and once more save Earth!

jVf-lCVYI6k

For more indepth look into news about the sequel look:

Here and here, including statements from Creative Director Jake Solomon.

Smasandian
Looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the previous game. A good surprise.

As long as you can have snipers who can have double tap and squadsight, I will be happy. With an upgrade sniper rifle and top quality character, they were ****ing unstoppable in the later games.

Nephthys
I greatly recommend the Long War mod if you're in the mood for some more Xcom and can't wait for no2. It's an amazing mod that vastly improves and expands on the base game of Enemy Unknown/Within. Increasing the number of classes to 8 and giving each one an equivalent Mec class (for a total of 16 classes!), adding new weapons and tech trees, new tactical options and abilities, new gameplay mechanics, "Boss" aliens etc.

It's harder than regular Xcom though, but it adds soooo much that it's worth a look if you're into the series. Definitely watch some youtube videos or read up on it first though. It's complex and difficult. Beaglerush is a big name player to look into, he has a youtube and streams it.

-Pr-
Looking forward to it. Adored the first one, and was surprised when they said this one was going to be PC exclusive. Not complaining though. If it's half as good as the first one, it'll be awesome.

Favourite ability? Snipers that can shoot anyone in LOS on the field.

Smasandian
Yeah, add that with double tap, it was ****ing unstopppable.

I remember playing the invasion mission in Enemy Within and having two snipers in my group basically saved me. Once you move onto the top floors and have the whole warehouse infront of you, two double tap/squadsight snipers made pretty quick work.

Man, that game was fun. I enjoyed how I can create a defensive field of agents and have the aliens attack me and them getting blasted by 4 overwatches. It was great.

Star428
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/mGHcEc7.png

So you think you defeated the aliens in the first reboot of the XCOM series, XCOM: Enemy Unknown? Think again mother****er!

http://i.imgur.com/1bjbaEG.jpg

A few days ago Firaxis announced they were releasing a sequel. This is a continuation of the storyline in the first game except it seems to be based on the 75% of the times the aliens beat the shit out of XCOM and conquered the planet. Probably just dropped a bunch of Sectopods and Chrysalids in the first month and didn't bother pissing around this time.

The new game is centered around leading a resistance movement rising against the alien controlled government as the ragtag remnants of XCOM. With a greater emphasis on stealth movement and guerrilla tactics and against new aliens and traitorous human scum, you must take the fight to the victorious alien menace and once more save Earth!

jVf-lCVYI6k

For more indepth look into news about the sequel look:

Here and here, including statements from Creative Director Jake Solomon.

As much as I absolutely loved both XCOM: EU sp mode and XCOM: EW sp mode there's no way in Hell Firaxis will ever be getting my money again because they never bothered to properly fix mp mode in either game. It was a shame too cause it was really really fun when it worked right but unfortunately, most of the time it didn't. Both games mp are buggy as Hell. So much so that I gave up on mp mode a looong time ago (though I still enjoy the Hell out of sp). Any company that releases a half-broken poorly tested game (EU) and never bothers to properly fix it, then does the same in the expansion game (EW), then has the nerve to release a sequel and expect their customers to just forgive and forget how they phucked them in the first two games is lower than dog shit. Phuck you, Firaxis. You'll never get my business again.

Edit: If Firaxis had just stuck to a SP game for a cheaper price then I would've been happy. It's much better than hyping-up a game's mp mode just to get hard core mp gamers to buy the game just to increase their profit and then not bother to properly playtest it or fix it after all the complaints that they received from their customers. It just shows how they really don't give a shit about them. They only care about the almighty dollar.

Nephthys
Originally posted by -Pr-
Looking forward to it. Adored the first one, and was surprised when they said this one was going to be PC exclusive. Not complaining though. If it's half as good as the first one, it'll be awesome.

Favourite ability? Snipers that can shoot anyone in LOS on the field.

They sold 10 times as many copies on PC as they did on console. So that's likely why it's exclusive.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Star428
As much as I absolutely loved both XCOM: EU sp mode and XCOM: EW sp mode there's no way in Hell Firaxis will ever be getting my money again because they never bothered to properly fix mp mode in either game. It was a shame too cause it was really really fun when it worked right but unfortunately, most of the time it didn't. Both games mp are buggy as Hell. So much so that I gave up on mp mode a looong time ago (though I still enjoy the Hell out of sp). Any company that releases a half-broken poorly tested game (EU) and never bothers to properly fix it, then does the same in the expansion game (EW), then has the nerve to release a sequel and expect their customers to just forgive and forget how they phucked them in the first two games is lower than dog shit. Phuck you, Firaxis. You'll never get my business again.

Edit: If Firaxis had just stuck to a SP game for a cheaper price then I would've been happy. It's much better than hyping-up a game's mp mode just to get hard core mp gamers to buy the game just to increase their profit and then not bother to properly playtest it or fix it after all the complaints that they received from their customers. It just shows how they really don't give a shit about them. They only care about the almighty dollar.

Even without MP, the game would of been sold at the same price. There's enough content to warrant it.

Kazenji
They sold 10 times as many copies on PC as they did on console. So that's likely why it's exclusive.

Nope its not, Its more to do with this sequel being more hardware heavy having better looking characters , environments & Destruction.

-Pr-

oh it's definitely a reason; im just surprised they did it.

Star428
Originally posted by Smasandian
Even without MP, the game would of been sold at the same price. There's enough content to warrant it.

Perhaps. But, they still shouldn't have hyped up mp just to increase their sales if they had no intention of properly playtesting it or patching it. The patches they released didn't really help mp at all. I know xcom is mostly about SP and I definitely enjoyed it more than mp mode even when it worked properly. It's the best SP game (EW, that is) that I've played in my entire life but I'm not sure if I would've bought game if they didn't have MP.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
oh it's definitely a reason; im just surprised they did it.

Not what i read from what Firaxis has said...as i said above.

NemeBro
I wish the snake girl would hug me. sad

Nephthys
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1433/48/1433489438794.jpg

Lotta people feel the same way bro.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not what i read from what Firaxis has said...as i said above.

You're acting like that's the only reason. I've read their interviews too, you know.

Kazenji
Good for you i suppose if you read most of their interviews

also i'm getting my info from one they did wit IGN over the reason, Which is from the 5th this month.

-Pr-
Pretty sure I was referencing the same one... You don't have to get so picky about it.

Just saying they had more than one reason, which they did.

-Pr-
Just saw the E3 footage; looks good. Can't wait to see more.

Smasandian
Yep!

I hope the story missions are even more unique than your typical randomized missions.

Something to akin to Enemy Within with the base assault.

-Pr-
That would be cool. I read that Overwatch is now sequential, so if the first shooter kills the enemy, the others won't waste their shots. That could be HUGE.

Smasandian
Hmm, or overpowering....

-Pr-
I'm sure the devs will make sure to give the enemies their own abilities too.

Finished Enemy Within last night. Was expecting the final mission to be harder, but it was still satisfying.

Demonic Phoenix
Just over 2 months away.

lj42i7f1nj0

2VTGL4nWiJM

Nemesis X
So is Xcom 2 still labeled PC exclusive or confirmed multiplatform yet?

Star428
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So is Xcom 2 still labeled PC exclusive or confirmed multiplatform yet?

Pretty sure it's PC only and don't think that'll ever change. Guess they figured they pissed-off too many console players on EU/EW that releasing it on PS3 or XBOX would be pointless. Doesn't matter to me if they did release it on console because there's no way I'd ever give Firaxis my money again after the way they screwed console players in both EU and EW.

Demonic Phoenix
^ How'd they screw over console players?

~ XCOM 2 has been delayed to Feb '16.

Smasandian
Ahh shitty.

Star428
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ How'd they screw over console players?

If you have to ask then I guess it means that you've never visited the official website for 2k games called the 2k forums. It's the official forum site for all the XCOM games and all other games published/made by 2k. I started posting on that particular forum since the first month that Enemy Unkown came out and since day one players from all 3 game platforms but especially console players (including me) were complaining about bugs that made the games nearly unplayable.

They released several patches but some of patches made game even worse because they brought bugs of their own. They finally fixed most of them from EU except MP mode was still a pain in the *** to play and leaderboards were still broken. Which is still the case in EW. Enemy Within, although a much more fun game, imo (which is saying a lot considering how much fun EU was), STILL has game-breaking bugs in both SP and MP mode which will never be fixed. The biggest issue with EW is the base defense mission going dark and crashing the game/system practically every single time if you play the PSN downloaded version. At least, that's what nearly all the console players posting on 2k forums were complaining about. I had to buy the disc after buying the PSN download to continue my games when base defense mission comes up. So I was really pissed about that but the game is so much fun and addictive that I had to.

Another major bug is the game loops indefinitely in the skyranger loading screen a lot of times when you do the Exalt base assault. Usually, I just use same workaround that I use for base defense mission. It works but it's annoying as Hell and time-consuming having to switch back and forth between the DL version and the disc.

Additionally, there's a very irritating bug in EW that was never fixed which happens a lot of times when a unit in cover suppresses an enemy. The suppressing unit will step out of his/her cover and lose the defense of it. It happens a lot in mp mode as well.

Just about every single time I have a supply barge mission the game crashes either during or after mission when skyranger is returning to base. It happens a lot on terror missions too. Honestly, I spend about as much time cussing when I play EW as I do having fun (which is a lot in SP).

I love mp mode too when it's bug free but that was rarely the case in either EU or EW. Things like flying units going invisible and staying that way even when they attack thereby being immune to being killed/destroyed was one of the things that pissed me off most about mp mode. Then there was also the fact that flying units for the client didn't work right about half the time. There were a few MP games I had in which my units would just spontaneously die for no reason when I was moving them on the first turn of match thereby giving me a HUGE disadvantage. I didn't lose very often in MP mode but the few times I did lose bugs usually played a major part in contributing to it.

These all are just a small amount of the number of complaints made by console players on the 2k forums. If you don't believe me you can check out the forums yourself. I was banned there permanently (again, lol) about a year ago after I cussed out one of the mods in a PM but it didn't really matter as I had already gotten everything I needed out of forum anyway and had gotten tired of arguing with morons who thought that shotguns/supports/heavies/SHIVs were crap or that "damn good ground" was better than "gunslinger". But, I did host a few XCOM tourneys in the MP forum before I was banned.

Here's the link:

http://forums.2k.com/forumdisplay.php?76-XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-amp-Enemy-Within

Nemesis X
jKsIygoIwrU

Arachnid1
Cant wait. Loving the first right now

Nephthys
Its already out.

Arachnid1
Not for console

sad

Nemesis X
New DLC coming out in August.

n3bENBYSucQ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.