Thanos VERSUS Skyfathers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
KMC, by depictions only answer the following questions.

1. Is Thanos a Skyfather?

2. If the Mad Titan is a skyfather where does he rank?

Insane Titan
1.Yes

2.low

carver9
He is breaching a Skyfather. If he is one, it's in the low end but an argument can be made for Thanos being at that level.

LordofBrooklyn
CABAL, could you add a poll to this thread?

Yes, Thanos is a Skyfather
NO, Thanos is not a Skyfather

Branlor Swift
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54353/2209975- zeus___meeting_of_sky_fathers_keith_pollard_panel_
color_4x_lrg.jpg

Name the ones or beings from their pantheons around their level more impressive than Thanos. Hell you could include Death Gods for that matter.

Just because Thanos isn't Odin or Zeus level that doesn't make him not in the Skyfather range of power. Hell, Odin is outright the most powerful one and that doesn't make him above the range. The only real reason Zeus is above Thanos is because he was stated to be equal to Odin for that matter. Though Zeus does have impressive things going for him.

The only real being from a Pantheon with feats above Thanos besides Odin is Ibis/Thoth. Including Death Gods, Seth is always amped against Odin and Odin always weakened, and even then Seth does... not very good (though the galaxy busting is a thing), hell, Seth does worse than Thanos did. Mephisto is probably the next guy with feats above Thanos, but Mephisto has been portrayed as something entirely beatable by Thanos. Pluto would get raped, Hela would get raped.

And so on like that. If you take Skyfather to mean "Odin/Zeus level" then no, Thanos isn't one. If you take Skyfather like you do for heralds (Nova to Surfer), then Thanos is mid-ish.

Surtur
I will admit when I think of skyfathers I do indeed think of people Odin/Zeus level. I feel if you want to say someone like Thanos is a skyfather then it just makes the term less impressive.

Since, if Thanos is a mid-ish skyfather, Odin is high end. But then Odin is so above Thanos that does Thanos really belong just one tier below?

basilisk
1) No.
2) He doesn't rank.

I'm basing this mainly on Odin & Zeus too but that's only fair because we see very little of the other skyfathers. But if they are close to Odin & Zeus they are above Thanos. Yes, it's quite possible he's close to some of the weaker pantheons but we just don't know so I'm not giving it to him by speculation.

And not only is Thanos less powerful in a straight up fight but he lacks other wide ranging abilities that IMO come with being a Skyfather - things like matter transmutation, time warping, limited reality warping, prophecy etc. We've seen Odin stop, time, put the entire population of earth into stasis, and move them to another dimension, and various other things that are just far beyond Thanos's capabilities. That stuff comes with the position - there is more to being a skyfather than just being a physically powerful thug.

That's why people generally have him in a trans category, he's certainly at a high level but just not quite that high.

quanchi112
He is higher than skyfather.

Atrocitus
No he isn't

quanchi112
Originally posted by Atrocitus
No he isn't Yes, he is.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112

When am blue And need a laugh, I come here and read your post.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
When am blue And need a laugh, I come here and read your post. Read Thanos Imperative if you doubt my words.

ODG
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/54353/2209975- zeus___meeting_of_sky_fathers_keith_pollard_panel_
color_4x_lrg.jpg

Name the ones or beings from their pantheons around their level more impressive than Thanos. Hell you could include Death Gods for that matter. I think Death Gods get a pass because they're generally omnipotent in their realms... and sometimes their realms appear to be largely dependent on their existence. Which I don't think is an unfair way of looking at it. I don't speak for everyone but it's crossed my mind several times.

If Thanos created/sustained/ruled a realm that he was omnipotent in, I'd place him much higher than I currently would.

LordofBrooklyn

Not even Starlin would make this statement about the emo eggplant.

Continue to fail Thanosi.

Time Immemorial
Thanos loses to Odin but beats Zeus.

Stoic
Sky Fathers would generally give Galactus a decent fight no? All Father Thor gave me that impression.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Not even Starlin would make this statement about the emo eggplant.

Continue to fail Thanosi. Are you sure about that ? He had Thanos surviving due to willpower over mastering the hotu. Thanos is on another level.

Tattoos N Scars
You can't be sky father or above if you lose to squirrel girl, Quan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You can't be sky father or above if you lose to squirrel girl, Quan. That isn't canon. smile

zom1967
I would think Thanos should now be considered sky father level,there seems to be at least 14 or so sky father level beings in earth`s patheons.I would put Thanos at 6 to 8 on this list,with Odin having the most power!

the Darkone
Thaons is no Sky Father period, high trans yes Sky Father level hell no

Stoic
He may not be yet, but in the future is is supposed to surpass even Odin.

Insane Titan
Zarus is classed as a sky farther , and hasn't done anything Thanos can't.

abhilegend
Zuras isn't a skyfather.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by abhilegend
Zuras isn't a skyfather. He is generally classed as one.

abhilegend
Where?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Where?

I am going to guess it's the fight he had with Zeus? I don't have much idea about Zuras, however.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I am going to guess it's the fight he had with Zeus? I don't have much idea about Zuras, however.
If we go by one time feats, the Titan who took down Zeus with a spear must be abstract level.

DarkSaint85
Yeah but Zuras has like 4 showings over the past 30 years or whatever. Even Zeus has more appearances than him.

zopzop
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Thanos loses to Odin but beats Zeus.

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
color_4x_lrg.jpg

Name the ones or beings from their pantheons around their level more impressive than Thanos. Hell you could include Death Gods for that matter.

Just because Thanos isn't Odin or Zeus level that doesn't make him not in the Skyfather range of power. Hell, Odin is outright the most powerful one and that doesn't make him above the range. The only real reason Zeus is above Thanos is because he was stated to be equal to Odin for that matter. Though Zeus does have impressive things going for him.

The only real being from a Pantheon with feats above Thanos besides Odin is Ibis/Thoth. Including Death Gods, Seth is always amped against Odin and Odin always weakened, and even then Seth does... not very good (though the galaxy busting is a thing), hell, Seth does worse than Thanos did. Mephisto is probably the next guy with feats above Thanos, but Mephisto has been portrayed as something entirely beatable by Thanos. Pluto would get raped, Hela would get raped.

And so on like that. If you take Skyfather to mean "Odin/Zeus level" then no, Thanos isn't one. If you take Skyfather like you do for heralds (Nova to Surfer), then Thanos is mid-ish. To bran
But where would the trans tier be then? Going with more consistent showings Thanos isn't too far from high Herald level. He's been affected Everytime by blunt force of that tier. Is the trans tier as wide as the Skyfather and Herald tier? I don't see Thanos beating Prime or HP DD (without bfr). Are those 2 also skyfathers?

h1a8
Thanos has been affected 100% of the time by Herald blunt force. He has too many showings that contradict him being Skyfather. He's definitely trans though.
And most skyfathers are nearly equals in power by implication and portrayals.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by basilisk
1) No.
2) He doesn't rank.

I'm basing this mainly on Odin & Zeus too but that's only fair because we see very little of the other skyfathers. But if they are close to Odin & Zeus they are above Thanos. Yes, it's quite possible he's close to some of the weaker pantheons but we just don't know so I'm not giving it to him by speculation.

And not only is Thanos less powerful in a straight up fight but he lacks other wide ranging abilities that IMO come with being a Skyfather - things like matter transmutation, time warping, limited reality warping, prophecy etc. We've seen Odin stop, time, put the entire population of earth into stasis, and move them to another dimension, and various other things that are just far beyond Thanos's capabilities. That stuff comes with the position - there is more to being a skyfather than just being a physically powerful thug.

That's why people generally have him in a trans category, he's certainly at a high level but just not quite that high.

This is a really good post. Thanos is awesome, but he is not a Skyfather. We just don't know enough about the other Pantheons out there. I don't even think Thanos could beat the Dark Gods.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos has been affected 100% of the time by Herald blunt force. He has too many showings that contradict him being Skyfather. He's definitely trans though.
And most skyfathers are nearly equals in power by implication and portrayals.

Zeus has also been affected by heralds many times with their blunt force and strengh....

Insane Titan
And most skyfathers are nearly equals in power by implication and portrayals. you're reasoning is faulty as usual.

A young Thanos blasted a hole through Mistress Death who's abstract, going by your previous post to Bran that makes Thanos abstract lvl!

Surtur

I know right? Smoking that super cosmic chronic gets him super high, and skyfathers don't mess around with that stuff, so yeah, he is higher then a skyfather. That is what you meant, right?

Atrocitus
Originally posted by Insane Titan
you're reasoning is faulty as usual.

A young Thanos blasted a hole through Mistress Death who's abstract, going by your previous post to Bran that makes Thanos abstract lvl!

No just makes thanos showings I consistent as he's later defeated by the avengers

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Atrocitus
No just makes thanos showings I consistent as he's later defeated by the avengers You do know Thanos was weakened when that happened.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
I know right? Smoking that super cosmic chronic gets him super high, and skyfathers don't mess around with that stuff, so yeah, he is higher then a skyfather. That is what you meant, right? No. He is higher on the food chain than any skyfather and has feats that would make Odin's good eye pop out of his head.

I also despite drugs.

Surtur
No. He is higher on the food chain than any skyfather and has feats that would make Odin's good eye pop out of his head.

I also despite drugs.

So where did Thanos destroy galaxies as a side effect of his fight?

Also, why didn't Thanos make his good eye pop out when they fought? Why did Odin not even have to go all out in order to defeat him?

carver9
No. He is higher on the food chain than any skyfather and has feats that would make Odin's good eye pop out of his head.

I also despite drugs.

Which fts?

quanchi112
So where did Thanos destroy galaxies as a side effect of his fight?

Also, why didn't Thanos make his good eye pop out when they fought? Why did Odin not even have to go all out in order to defeat him? When did I say he did that ? He has far greater feats than that one, sport.

Thanos held back because he was there for Thor not to fight Odin. A clone later took Odin out of the equation.

big grin

Surtur
I never said you said he galaxy busted. But you saying he has feats to make Odin's eye pop out..given Odin can lay waste to galaxies, Thanos would need to be doing similar stuff.

Why would Thanos hold back just because he wasn't there for Odin? Why would he let someone dominate him to such a degree?

Likewise, if he is above skyfathers as much as you say, why couldn't he beat Galactus when he encountered him? He had to use a combination of his own powers and technology just to avoid being insta-killed.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
you're reasoning is faulty as usual.

A young Thanos blasted a hole through Mistress Death who's abstract, going by your previous post to Bran that makes Thanos abstract lvl! abstracts aren't material beings. Their avatars can have any durability. They can have human avatars if they wanted.

h1a8
Zeus has also been affected by heralds many times with their blunt force and strengh.... correct, so I'm not sure he is Skyfather either. Unless Skyfather level has nothing to do with blunt durability but power output and versatility.

I'll say that Skyfather level is all about power output then. If that's the case then Thanos is a trans.

Silent Master
Odin >> Thanos, this was proven on panel in a direct confrontation.

Insane Titan
abstracts aren't material beings. Their avatars can have any durability. They can have human avatars if they wanted. Mistress Death has no "avatar" body.

The same Mistress Death completely no sold a full power blast from The strongest version of Drax

Show me your proof.

carver9
What Herald affected Zeus?

DarkSaint85
'This is beyond belief.....never have I been humbled in such a way...never'.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149643/3509609-2005806-avengers285_08.jpg

He then gets up off his knees and pwns everyone, of course, but he was still affected by two high Metas and a high herald. I am not saying he was stomped, and I fully recognise that he was still able to one shot everyone after that - but under h1's logic, as he was affected by physical blows, he shouldn't be a Skyfather.

Insane Titan

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149643/3509609-2005806-avengers285_08.jpg

He then gets up off his knees and pwns everyone, of course, but he was still affected by two high Metas and a high herald. I am not saying he was stomped, and I fully recognise that he was still able to one shot everyone after that - but under h1's logic, as he was affected by physical blows, he shouldn't be a Skyfather. also Hulk "affected" him with a punch in h1 terms

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Which fts? The end feat for one and the imperative feat secondly.

carver9
The end feat for one and the imperative feat secondly.

Post which ft though. I don't want to have to search for something you're mentioning.

quanchi112
I never said you said he galaxy busted. But you saying he has feats to make Odin's eye pop out..given Odin can lay waste to galaxies, Thanos would need to be doing similar stuff.

Why would Thanos hold back just because he wasn't there for Odin? Why would he let someone dominate him to such a degree?

Likewise, if he is above skyfathers as much as you say, why couldn't he beat Galactus when he encountered him? He had to use a combination of his own powers and technology just to avoid being insta-killed. Thanos' fears are a lot more impressive than that.

Due to it not bring his objective to destroy Odin. Thanos wasn't there for his death and a roped as soon as Odin relented.

That was a well fed Galactus. Thanos also wasn't there to defeat him. He needed to stop the being known as Hunger.

iceman24567
Thanos is high trans-low skyfather

Terryc250
Thanos is like the staple of Trans tier

carver9

He then gets up off his knees and pwns everyone, of course, but he was still affected by two high Metas and a high herald. I am not saying he was stomped, and I fully recognise that he was still able to one shot everyone after that - but under h1's logic, as he was affected by physical blows, he shouldn't be a Skyfather.

Don't look like they did much but I can see where you are coming from.

Kid Kurdy

Zeus absolutely dominated the long fight, the Avengers gave everything they got and he barely felt it.

Zeus is a bit below Odin, but not much. He's a true skyfather.

Thanos however is NOT a skyfather. He isn't versatile enough and doesn't possess the almost unlimited magic powers true skyfathers have.

Badabing
CABAL, could you add a poll to this thread?

Yes, Thanos is a Skyfather
NO, Thanos is not a Skyfather No. thumb downOriginally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You can't be sky father or above if you lose to squirrel girl, Quan. laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn

EMO LIES!!!

Provide 5 of these feats from Thanos that would shame Odin.

quanchi112
Post which ft though. I don't want to have to search for something you're mentioning. So you admit you aren't aware of them despite me pointing you in the right direction.

quanchi112
EMO LIES!!!

Provide 5 of these feats from Thanos that would shame Odin. I do not have to meet your silly request of five feats. Thanos has multiple feats that would shame Odin. He's on another level.

Badabing
I'll wait to see what KMC's #1 Thanos fan/expert (Insane Titan) posts. thumb up

psycho gundam
There's a first

iceman24567
EMO LIES!!!

Provide 5 of these feats from Thanos that would shame Odin. You wrote this actually expecting proof? You are more of a nutter than i first thought

LordofBrooklyn
I do not have to meet your silly request of five feats. Thanos has multiple feats that would shame Odin. He's on another level.

In a word...

COWARDICE!!!

An expected response from a Thanosi.

There isn't a single feat or performance unenhanced from Thanos that you could provide to back up your claim.

NONE!

The only thing lower than a Thanosi is a filthy raptor!

Badabing
The only thing lower than a Thanosi is a filthy raptor! Does it hurt your head being such a momo?

h1a8

He then gets up off his knees and pwns everyone, of course, but he was still affected by two high Metas and a high herald. I am not saying he was stomped, and I fully recognise that he was still able to one shot everyone after that - but under h1's logic, as he was affected by physical blows, he shouldn't be a Skyfather. you didn't read my reply before posting this. Power output and versatility combination is what determines Skyfather level, not durability. Otherwise Zeus wouldn't be at that level. Superman would simply beat him down with speed and strength.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Badabing
Does it hurt your head being such a momo?

A backhand across your Ragu trap should teach you some respect!

Badabing
A backhand across your Ragu trap should teach you some respect! Listen here you scrawny, little puke. I'll shatter your face with my fist!

quanchi112
In a word...

COWARDICE!!!

An expected response from a Thanosi.

There isn't a single feat or performance unenhanced from Thanos that you could provide to back up your claim.

NONE!

The only thing lower than a Thanosi is a filthy raptor! Mastering supreme power through willpower. That is just one feat. smile

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thanos is high trans or low skyfather who bleeds like a little girl.

h1a8
Quan is talking about the feat where he permanently killed beings from the cancerverse. He had the power to keep things dead. He thinks that feat is above all of Odins feats. The problem is, that to permanently kill, Thanos must first be able to kill. If their durability prevents being killed (Odin level) then Thanos can't permanently kill. I'm thinking Thanos is not deaths avatar anymore. Other than that I have no clue what Quan is talking about. We all know about Thanos and what he's done but we all disagree that he's done anything beyond Odin. So what feats are you referring to Quan?

carver9
Thanos is closer to Skyfather than a lot of other people imo. When it comes to durability and strength, I think he's up there. His power output isn't there just yet though imo. Starlin is writing him pretty high...doing Thanos some justice so an argument can be made. Especially if we look at all the hype Annihilus was getting and how well Thanos did against him. With that said, even though Thanos fts are concrete and he is high trans to low skyfather, Hulk still kills him.

quanchi112
Quan is talking about the feat where he permanently killed beings from the cancerverse. He had the power to keep things dead. He thinks that feat is above all of Odins feats. The problem is, that to permanently kill, Thanos must first be able to kill. If their durability prevents being killed (Odin level) then Thanos can't permanently kill. I'm thinking Thanos is not deaths avatar anymore. Other than that I have no clue what Quan is talking about. We all know about Thanos and what he's done but we all disagree that he's done anything beyond Odin. So what feats are you referring to Quan? Overcoming supreme power due to willpower and resisting the cancer verse blade empowered by a universe to kill Thanos. Two feats that are beyond Odin.

Insane Titan
Thanos is closer to Skyfather than a lot of other people imo. When it comes to durability and strength, I think he's up there. His power output isn't there just yet though imo. Starlin is writing him pretty high...doing Thanos some justice so an argument can be made. Especially if we look at all the hype Annihilus was getting and how well Thanos did against him. With that said, even though Thanos fts are concrete and he is high trans to low skyfather, Hulk still kills him. haha it's been proven Hulk is well below Thanos.

Blue Area Vet
Thanos is closer to Skyfather than a lot of other people imo. When it comes to durability and strength, I think he's up there. His power output isn't there just yet though imo. Starlin is writing him pretty high...doing Thanos some justice so an argument can be made. Especially if we look at all the hype Annihilus was getting and how well Thanos did against him. With that said, even though Thanos fts are concrete and he is high trans to low skyfather, Hulk still kills him.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

zom1967
From reading all these posts it`s hard to get a level of his full power.I.M.O,he is at least mid sky father level!He put up a good fight against Odin.(mostly because of his durability)Collateral damage dosen`t mean much to me,I think it is mostly hyperbole!(Galactus vs two cosmics was suppost to end the multiverse,give me a break!)i think if you replaced the Hulk vs Zeus with Thanos,it might be a draw with Thanos teleporting away at the last minute.Like he did with tyrant,he was trying to prove a point with each of these sky father level beings,Don`t phuck with Thanos!

KuRuPT Thanosi

His power output is right up there with his durability and strength

1. "matching" the blast power of the inbetweener
2. One Shot killing a high herald in Warlock
3. One shot killing Drax and Phyla will weakened
4. One shotting Quaser construct that nobody else could do a thing 2... Including hulk.. Thor.. Drax etc etc
5. Blasting Galactus through his shit hundreds of feat and bouncing on the moon
6. "killing" SS with a total of 6/7 punches

Those are just a few of his feats that show his power output

ozz81
Overcoming supreme power due to willpower and resisting the cancer verse blade empowered by a universe to kill Thanos. Two feats that are beyond Odin.

Cool but Wasn't he powered by death ?

the Darkone
Thanos is high trams that's it

Surtur

Don't show this paragraph to a robot, you will make its brain explode via the logic. Its robot brain, that is. How do you say Hulk can kill someone who you just said was a low skyfather? I can only interpret your comments as suggesting Hulk is above a low end skyfather. That deeply hurts my soul. You've caused me spiritual pain. Nobody since that one priest has ever achieved that, thanks.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ozz81
Cool but Wasn't he powered by death ? Those were his powers.

Time Immemorial

Yes we know, Hulk wins in a Thanos vs Skyfathers thread..

Clearly Hulk>Celestials.

Time Immemorial
LOL at Hulk Killing Thanos.

Thanos wipes the floor with Hulk.

End of Story, Carver.

h1a8
Overcoming supreme power due to willpower and resisting the cancer verse blade empowered by a universe to kill Thanos. Two feats that are beyond Odin. Overcoming what supreme power?

As far as the second feat, That wasn't Thanos feat, it was Death's feat. Thanos was basically empowered by Death to not die. That doesn't make Thanos powerful (as in power output) it just makes him unkillable. A ko is still a win.

Anyway, currently Thanos doesn't have the curse anymore. He can be killed.

Blue Area Vet
Overcoming what supreme power?

As far as the second feat, That wasn't Thanos feat, it was Death's feat. Thanos was basically empowered by Death to not die. That doesn't make Thanos powerful (as in power output) it just makes him unkillable. A ko is still a win.

WHAT??? ****ing unkillable isn't a power?

DarkSaint85
He meant as in power output. Mr Immortal is immortal, but he's not exactly going to be outputting any energy.

Insane Titan

Anyway, currently Thanos doesn't have the curse anymore. He can be killed. If you actually ever read anything with Thanos in you would know Death never had power over him. Her own words on panel.

Blue Area Vet
He meant as in power output. Mr Immortal is immortal, but he's not exactly going to be outputting any energy.

I don't know that he meant that. He asked if he was "powered" by death when he overcame the cancerverse. He wasn't given a specific power by Death, so why would he be referring to energy output?

Blue Area Vet

He rejected death because he was rejected by Death.

Genii96
He is inbetween herald and sky father,not skyfather level yet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.