Nuke power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
So as it's noted, nuclear weapons are considered obsolete and even random fleets can tank multiples without getting any damage.

My question though is, does anyone know how powerful nukes are in the SWU?

Are they as powerful as what RL Earth has? Or moreso?

I can't find an answer through my sources, so curious if anyone has a source which I haven't read that explains it, or if there's no source stating such.

Tzeentch
Has anyone in Star Wars ever used an actual nuke?

Nuke in a real-world sense, with radiation and fall-out and shit. I'm sure nuclear fission gets used in all kinds of SW tech.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Has anyone in Star Wars ever used an actual nuke?

Nuke in a real-world sense, with radiation and fall-out and shit. I'm sure nuclear fission gets used in all kinds of SW tech.

The Mandos used em in the Mando wars, also there's some of the more primitive worlds that have used nukes and some other instances of their usage.

There's one example, a fleet gets bombarded with some nukes and are ineffective.

Darth Demenos
i know they used nuclear weapons to lay waste to darth plageuis's home on the moon Sojourn.

ares834
"Nukes" were used in the KotOR comics IIRC. Not sure if there was actually any fallout though.

As for how powerful Nukes are in SW is pretty much impossible to tell. Even in RL they are completely varied.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
"Nukes" were used in the KotOR comics IIRC. Not sure if there was actually any fallout though.

As for how powerful Nukes are in SW is pretty much impossible to tell. Even in RL they are completely varied.

I figured as much, but considering SW I was hoping there would be some kind of gauge as to how powerful a nuclear bomb would be.

But I guess then we could just base off of RL nukes, megaton-kiloton range of sorts give or take.

Tzeentch
According to Wookie the nukes most commonly used by the Mandos in the KOTOR comics had a blast radius of 30km and a fall-out radius of 100km.

That's the only hard figure I could come up with. Ares is right that the power of nuclear weapons varies considerably. Combine that with Star Wars generally being very inexact when it comes to hard science and you have a recipe for SW nukes probably being just strong enough for what the narrative requires.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Tzeentch
According to Wookie the nukes most commonly used by the Mandos in the KOTOR comics had a blast radius of 30km and a fall-out radius of 100km.

That's the only hard figure I could come up with.

Yeah saw that, was just hoping there'd be something more expanding on it. Guess not, ahh well. It's not too big a deal, was just curious if there was any other info I was missing.

WildBantha88
Jax caused a nuclear explosion on Corruscant that left an 80 kilometer crater in the city

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.