Server Move

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Hey everyone

Yes I'm back! I've had to do a server move, which is why the forums have been down for a little while.

Since this is a brand new server, there is a chance things might not work properly.

Please report any issues here so I can look into them.

Thanks!

NewGuy01
None of the images appear to be working. Lots of question marks on the page. It's possible that this is only happening on mobile right now, though.

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by NewGuy01
None of the images appear to be working. Lots of question marks on the page. It's possible that this is only happening on mobile right now, though.

Can confirm it's also doing this on desktop.

Most likely they images just need time to be indexed properly.

EDIT: And now the images work. smile

DarthAnt66
Welcome back, Raz!

NewGuy01
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/19/12/98/28/image11.jpg

Though it's slowly getting better now as I post this. thumb up

Raz
OK images should be fixed now!

NewLanceWindu
Can we also make suggestions here for what we think need to be changed in KMC?

NewGuy01
Yep, all good now, and welcome back.

Raz
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Can we also make suggestions here for what we think need to be changed in KMC? Start a new thread for that please smile

mitchypoopoo
I keep getting "502 bad gateway" when trying to enter threads on chrome, I'm having to use IE to post this. sick

NewLanceWindu
I posted my suggestions.

Raz
Originally posted by mitchypoopoo
I keep getting "502 bad gateway" when trying to enter threads on chrome, I'm having to use IE to post this. sick Can you try again now and I will keep an eye on the server.

NewLanceWindu
I just tried on Chrome and it worked for me. Working on Firefox as well.

Raz
I think it's just a temporary DNS problem...hopefully

BackFire
Chrome is working fine for me as well.

Welcome back, Raz!

Raz
Originally posted by BackFire
Chrome is working fine for me as well.

Welcome back, Raz! Thanks man smile

mitchypoopoo
Originally posted by Raz
Can you try again now and I will keep an eye on the server. still getting bad gateway error on chrome sad Originally posted by Raz
I think it's just a temporary DNS problem...hopefully I hope so too, I can't use IE for much longer I might go insane.

The Nuul
Welcome back Raz! Good to see that you're still around.

Raz
still getting bad gateway error on chrome sad I hope so too, I can't use IE for much longer I might go insane. Could you try in Firefox?

Also exit Chrome completely, and then re-open it.

BruceSkywalker
Welcome back Raz

mitchypoopoo
Originally posted by Raz
Could you try in Firefox?

Also exit Chrome completely, and then re-open it. I cleared cache on chrome and now it works! w00t

and yeah welcome back

Raz
I cleared cache on chrome and now it works! w00t

and yeah welcome back Phew!

AsbestosFlaygon
All I wanna know is, why have you been gone for such a long time, only logging in sporadically once in a few months?

Bardock42
I just ran into an editing problem.

I posted, and then about a minute later decided to add something. The quick edit box did open fine and I could edit it without a problem. When I saved it redirected me to the main edit page but the edit box was completely empy (similar to the second screenshot). I went back to the thread and my edit did make it through, albeit with special characters mangled (first screenshot). Now when I click on edit, it only leads me to the main edit window, with the empty edit box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uoklwdibr3x5vb/Screenshot%202015-06-14%2012.38.11.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/byhsprfbl6d7bv4/Screenshot%202015-06-14%2012.38.22.png?dl=0

Bardock42
This is the thread it happened in: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15253969#post15253969

Decided not to edit the previous post in case it goes belly up again, haha.

Bardock42
I'm using Safari 8.0.2 on OS X 10.10.2

Tried to edit the same post with Chrome 43.0.2357.124 (64-bit) and it has the same issue.

Badabing
Whenever I preview a post I lose the text.

Edit: I also get no text when I try to quote myself.

jaden101
Time Immemorial says he's having problems accessing his account as his email is no longer registered so he can't sign in.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Badabing

Edit: I also get no text when I try to quote myself.

That seems to be the same problem as mine

Upon further investigation I have found that I can replicate the error by using the acute character. It initially happened when I quoted something that used it instead of the apostrophe.

I am therefore pretty sure it has something to do with the encoding.

Raz
Originally posted by Badabing

Edit: I also get no text when I try to quote myself. adding text and previewing...

Raz
Hmm worked for me? Can you help me replicate it?

Bardock42

Bardock42

Bardock42
Hmm, the preview thing works with it though. I guess it's different problems. Mine just doesn't work with editing now.

Ushgarak
Actually I did have an edit fail on a post but work on the one after. Not sure what the logic is there- if it happens again I'll see if I can nail down a pattern.

Scribble
I'm getting the problem when I try to edit my posts. The text just disappears.

Time Flys
I got the problem where I no longer have access to my account.

Badabing
Originally posted by Raz
Hmm worked for me? Can you help me replicate it? It works sometimes then doesn't work sometimes. I'll mess around when I have time and see if I can narrow the problem down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Scribble
I'm getting the problem when I try to edit my posts. The text just disappears. that happened to me once as well. Only once so far.

Scribble
People are losing stuff from their profile. I just lost a considerable amount of quotes and images from the last two sections.

walshy
People are losing stuff from their profile. I just lost a considerable amount of quotes and images from the last two sections. i also lost a lot of stuff from my profile

i miss the old server grumpy

Time Flys
People are losing stuff from their profile. I just lost a considerable amount of quotes and images from the last two sections.

Your complaining about that? I lost my whole account..

NewLanceWindu
Originally posted by Time Flys
Your complaining about that? I lost my whole account..

At this point, everyone knows. No use continuing to complain. Raz, Imp and the other mods have been trying to help you.

BackFire
Yeah. You have a new account, just use that and move on.

Time Flys
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
At this point, everyone knows. No use continuing to complain. Raz, Imp and the other mods have been trying to help you.

I don't think I was talking to you.

Bardock42
I just encountered a database error when posting (what can only be described as a hilarious post) in the TV Forum:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y19w8l264w1jhrq/Screenshot%202015-06-19%2000.07.35.png?dl=0

You probably got the email, but I guess may as well.

Raz
Originally posted by Bardock42
I just encountered a database error when posting (what can only be described as a hilarious post) in the TV Forum:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y19w8l264w1jhrq/Screenshot%202015-06-19%2000.07.35.png?dl=0

You probably got the email, but I guess may as well. Yep that was a db upgrade. Should be all done.

If someone can find a pattern to the issues, it will help track down the problem.

Bardock42

Bardock42
Yeah, happened again with the post above, if I click on edit it leads me to an empty edit box.

Scribble
Your complaining about that? I lost my whole account.. Suffering is relative.

NewLanceWindu
I don't think I was talking to you.

smile Doesn't matter.

NewLanceWindu

NewLanceWindu
http://i.imgur.com/LUcvP5C.png

http://i.imgur.com/WjqYx87.png

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Your complaining about that? I lost my whole account.. No one cares, dick.

Bardock42

Bardock42
I guess it's not a huge problem, but frustrating when it happens. Just happened again, but I'm unsure which character caused it.

NewLanceWindu
I'm seeing some smileys being posted, but getting the broken image. But I think the people posting them see the actual smiley.

Zampanó

Bardock42

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.