Dark Matter (Comic Book TV series)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
The six-person crew of a derelict spaceship awakens from stasis in the farthest reaches of space. Their memories wiped clean, they have no recollection of who they are or how they got on board. The only clue to their identities is a cargo bay full of weaponry and a destination: a remote mining colony that is about to become a war zone. With no idea whose side they are on, they face a deadly decision. Will these amnesiacs turn their backs on history, or will their pasts catch up with them?

1TqwBlTQfTg

It's like Firefly (with less quality and worst writing) and SG-1 put together based on a comic book with low budget production. It's cheesy, I'm not a fan of the Syfy network, the quality is just not there, SG was okay at the time, but this Dark Matter show, I'll give it two more eps to see if I like it or not.

Y'all can feel free to check it out.

BlackZero30x
I set my TiVo to record all of season one. I hope its good.

BruceSkywalker
i dvr'd the first ep this morning.. will likely watch tomorrow sometime

The Nuul
Have you guys seen this yet, did you like it?

The Nuul
The second Ep was better for the most part. thumb up

But the CGI and production are still cheesey though.

BlackZero30x
yeah its pretty cheesy but it doesn't bother me too bad. The second episode was a lot better then the first but it feels like something is missing. We will see how it shapes up though.

Firefly218
Doesn't look terrible

BruceSkywalker
second ep was all right,, the has been holding my interest so will continue to watch

The Nuul
Slow ep, but it wasn't bad. That ending doe.

Patient_Leech
I've been watching this show. I'm through the first 8 episodes or so. It's not perfect, definitely a Firefly rip-off, but not as good at world building and character play. However, it doesn't have the lame space-western vibe that Firefly had (which I didn't care for). It's a good show if you like sci-fi/space opera stuff, which I do a lot. I'll wait until I finish season 1, but so far I hope it gets renewed for another season.

BruceSkywalker
watched the whole season.. show was all right,, glad its getting a second season

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
...glad its getting a second season

So that's been decided already? Can I get a link?

Patient_Leech
Wait, a quick Google search answered my question, cool. Good news.

Patient_Leech
So I finished the first season the other day. I liked some of the later episodes a lot, I think they're setting up for some interesting stuff, but good lord this show is a Firefly rip off. The last episode however was quite unsatisfying and unnecessarily confusing. But that seems to be how this show works, keeps you confused so you will want to know how it all fits together.

Patient_Leech
I just started Season 2 of this. Only 3 episodes in and really enjoying it. I might even say it's shaping up to be better than the first season. Hope it continues. This is definitely one of my favorite new shows. I'm a sucker for sci-fi, and this is very good sci-fi.

Damn is Portia Lin cool... damn hot..

http://www.seat42f.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/DARK-MATTER-Season-2-Episode-6-Photos-We-Should-Have-Seen-This-Coming-3.jpg

I was glad to see this has already been renewed for Season 3.

The Nuul
i just bought this thumb up

there was only one in stock for my city and it cost me 50 bucks ( over priced video store) erm

much better acting on this show for the main crew than on the expanse

this is a fun show to watch thumb up

need to watch season 2 though

The Nuul
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I just started Season 2 of this. Only 3 episodes in and really enjoying it. I might even say it's shaping up to be better than the first season. Hope it continues. This is definitely one of my favorite new shows. I'm a sucker for sci-fi, and this is very good sci-fi.

Damn is Portia Lin cool... damn hot..

http://www.seat42f.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/DARK-MATTER-Season-2-Episode-6-Photos-We-Should-Have-Seen-This-Coming-3.jpg

I was glad to see this has already been renewed for Season 3.

have you seen the expanse yet, if so, what did you think of if?

which sci-fi show do you think is better so far... dark matter or the expanse?

Patient_Leech
^ I haven't really given The Expanse a proper chance yet.

I just realized that Season 3 for Dark Matter is airing right now. Sweet.

It's getting pretty good reviews, too... Dark Matter - RT

samhain
I haven't even bothered with season 2 of The Expanse yet, trying to be like BSG a little bit too much for me. I'll give this a go if it turns out to be a bit more fun.

KingD19
How is Expanse trying to be like Galactica?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by samhain
I'll give this a go if it turns out to be a bit more fun.

This show is a lot of fun. Watch the first 2 seasons.

BruceSkywalker
this season has been decent so far

samhain
Originally posted by KingD19
How is Expanse trying to be like Galactica?

Large political scope, the development of a large scale conflict with no end in sight, the ambiguity of who is actually in the right, it's a dimly lit show about serious people with strong morals and cool looking uniforms that are in over their heads.

I didn't say I didn't like BSG just that I found some similarities.

samhain
Decent enough pilot episode to keep me watching. The writing needs to improve though, genuinely laughed when the Asian guy picked up the swords like he was the chosen one and of all the characters to confuse meteors with meteorites, it had to be the android.

Patient_Leech
Just finished first episode of Season 3. I like it. This show is fun.

Patient_Leech
I've heard rumor that this show is done after this 3rd season... can anyone confirm or deny?

KingD19
Season 3 is over 8/25/17. But Season 4 hasn't been announced to my knowledge, though neither has a cancellation afaik.

Patient_Leech
Noooo!!!

cry

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/dark-matter-cancelled-syfy-1202545344/

Patient_Leech
^ Well, I'm about half-way through Season 3 and so far I'm not liking it as much as the others. So maybe it's not such a bad thing that it's canceled.

Maybe they are running out of ideas.

samhain
Was beginning to get that feeling myself. It always kinda bugs me when a show ends on a cliffhanger of some sort. At least there is a potential Firefly reboot to get your space opera fix.

znop01
I just downloaded season(s) 1-3 -- just watched ep #1 and, so far this show was (is) on the money!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.