Who in D.C. can stand up to Protege?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Area Vet
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/square_small/3/38919/1818447-protege_002___guardians_of_the_galaxy_annual_2.jpg

DarkSaint85
Only Scathan was able to judge, right?

Are the Celestials > the LT then? Protege claimed he was the new TOAA - yet a Celestial was able to disapprove of him?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Only Scathan was able to judge, right?

Are the Celestials > the LT then? Protege claimed he was the new TOAA - yet a Celestial was able to disapprove of him?

I thought it might just be a case of divine authority type of thing.

Like the Tribunal when he spoke to Doom when the Doom met the Future Foundation (I think). Says that every other act that he commits from this day will create a mark on his face. This is of course after saying these words and then Tribunal restores his face.

Then you have in Secret Wars Doom saying he still can't heal his face. It reminds me of when the Tribunal said to Warlock "My authority comes from on high".

Scathan must just have a higher level of authority (although that is a shitty argument I guess) but it's the only appropriate one other than Scathan > Tribunal I guess.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I thought it might just be a case of divine authority type of thing.

Like the Tribunal when he spoke to Doom when the Doom met the Future Foundation (I think). Says that every other act that he commits from this day will create a mark on his face. This is of course after saying these words and then Tribunal restores his face.

Then you have in Secret Wars Doom saying he still can't heal his face. It reminds me of when the Tribunal said to Warlock "My authority comes from on high".

Scathan must just have a higher level of authority (although that is a shitty argument I guess) but it's the only appropriate one other than Scathan > Tribunal I guess.

Yeah, it's confusing, because I wanted to see what level Protege was in Marvel's hierarchy.

Do you think it was hyperbole then when Protege declared himself the new TOAA? i.e Protege is basically < Celestials?

abhilegend
Alfred. Now close this thread.

Galan007
We can't make a blanket statement that all Celestials>LT, because not all Celestials are created equal(ie. some are FAR more powerful than others.) However, as confirmed in LT's 2006 OHOTMU bio, Scathan's ability to enact judgement was beyond his own:

http://i.imgur.com/IhapENb.png

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Alfred. Now close this thread. False. Quit acting like you have any power here. If you don't like a thread don't post in it.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007
We can't make a blanket statement that all Celestials>LT, because not all Celestials are created equal(ie. some are FAR more powerful than others.) However, as confirmed in LT's 2006 OHOTMU bio, Scathan's ability to enact judgement was beyond his own:
http://i.imgur.com/IhapENb.png

So, in the hierarchy, in THAT instance,

Scathan > Protege> LT?

Sounds quite difficult. I haven't seen Scathan being in anything else - he was a plot device created specifically for that storyline.

evil face which means that Protege was defeated by PIS - which would make his defeat inadmissible!!

Galan007
Scathan is the embodiment of a plot-device-character.

I mean, his last on-panel appearance was in '94, ffs.

abhilegend
So in other words, Batman finds a way!

Blue Area Vet
Yeah, it's confusing, because I wanted to see what level Protege was in Marvel's hierarchy.

Do you think it was hyperbole then when Protege declared himself the new TOAA? i.e Protege is basically < Celestials?

Yes, although he could conceivably achieve that level.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
Alfred. Now close this thread.

GTFO here with ya throbbing troll ass.

Blue Area Vet
So, in the hierarchy, in THAT instance,

Scathan > Protege> LT?

Sounds quite difficult. I haven't seen Scathan being in anything else - he was a plot device created specifically for that storyline.

evil face which means that Protege was defeated by PIS - which would make his defeat inadmissible!!

That's just it, it may not be a linear hierachy. Much like Living Tribunal and "The Brothers."

DarkSaint85
We would then have to use characters like Grant Morrison etc who have appeared in DC comics. IOW, the Presence.

golem370

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.