Horizon: Zero Dawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
Fkg5UVTsKCE

Looking forward to this. Got Enslaved: Odyssey to the West vibes from this. And I love me some Archery gameplay.

Kazenji
Good to see Guerrilla Games trying something new.

Smasandian
It does look cool and I know the graphics are gorgeous but this is Guerrilla Games.

They have a tendency to create very nice looking games but don't really do much on the gameplay side.

The trailer was very impressive but then I was like, "wow, this environment looks exactly like Enslaved and a bit of Assassins Creed."

Hopefully I'm completely wrong and it's fantastic.

Demonic Phoenix
tSIiN2QeBK0

Adam Grimes
I'm officially hyped. That framerate doe...

Smasandian
I think it's definitely worth of a look and I'm hoping it turns out well.

It has a very nice art design, feel of the world and a cool vibe but as I said before, this is Guerrilla Games......the prime "looks ****ing amazing yet plays like shit" developer.

I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like a version of Assassins Creed combined with Enslaved art design.

RadZoa
Brought to you by the brilliant minds behind the Killzone series...at a cinematic 20 fps....PASS

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think it's definitely worth of a look and I'm hoping it turns out well.

It has a very nice art design, feel of the world and a cool vibe but as I said before, this is Guerrilla Games......the prime "looks ****ing amazing yet plays like shit" developer.

I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like a version of Assassins Creed combined with Enslaved art design.

Looks more like they've combined elements from various games tbh. There's a bit of Far Cry/Tomb Raider (animal hunting, heavy use of the bow and arrow & crafting), Assassin's Creed (stealth), Skyrim (open world rpg exploration), etc.

But damn, the framerate is pretty low, and some of the textures don't look very high res.

Estacado
Looks good!

Smasandian
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Looks more like they've combined elements from various games tbh. There's a bit of Far Cry/Tomb Raider (animal hunting, heavy use of the bow and arrow & crafting), Assassin's Creed (stealth), Skyrim (open world rpg exploration), etc.

But damn, the framerate is pretty low, and some of the textures don't look very high res.

To give them credit, it is still being worked on.

I'm just weary of the game because it's developed by the Killzone peeps and that's saying a lot considering I actually enjoyed Shadow Fall (because it wasn't Killzone 2 and 3).

Demonic Phoenix
Oh yeah, I know. It's just that I've kinda gotten used to E3 demos being significantly polished, and in a few cases, looking better than the final release.

I haven't played any of the Killzone games, but wasn't Killzone 2 a good game?

Smasandian
Nope. I played about a year ago (picked it up for $3) and it's not very good. I remember it looking pretty good but it's ****ing dark and muddy as shit. The story kind of crap and shooting is pretty shitty.

I just wasn't into it.

BackFire
I really like Killzone 2. The "heavy" movement takes some getting used to but they did an amazing job with the atmosphere in that game, really feels like you're in the middle of a warzone. Something they weren't really able to do in the following Killzone games.

Smasandian
At the time I would somewhat agree but it does not hold up well at all.

Demonic Phoenix
T5Xx3MdqdgM

Lookin' good.

Estacado
Sweet!

Smasandian
I like the design and the graphics are gorgeous. It will be interesting to see if the gameplay holds up because Guerilla Games doesn't necessarily the sure thing track record.

cdtm
Is this anything like Dragon's Dogma? Or more Shadow of Colossus?

Seeing the point seems to be hunting giant mechanical dinosaurs..

Smasandian
It's nothing like that.

It plays like a Far Cry game. It's open world where there is missions, side missions, collectibles and you clear out camps. You craft things and an upgrade tree.

The difference is that there is robot animals.

Adam Grimes
How's the writing for main/side-quests? Not asking for Witcher 3 level depth but also not in the mood for another Inquisition lol

Smasandian
In my opinion, it's just below Witcher 3. There is a lot of cool stuff in there and a lot of mystery that surrounds the area you are in. The story might be better than Witcher 3 but it doesn't have the crazy amount of world building or political intrigued. It's similar to the TV show Lost on how the island in the show was it's own mystery. Horizons is a bit like that. It's damn neat.

The only knock I have against Horizons is everything is taking from some other game. It's 75% Far Cry Primal but in a 3rd person view and fair bit sneaking. But the entire game is developed extremely well, the atmosphere is spot on and there is general sense of mystery that surrounds the setting and story. The characters are definitely not as good as anything Bioware has done though.

And the robot animals are breathtaking in my opinion. There is a fair bit of difference between them and fighting some of the more difficulty ones can be a 30 minute affairs.

Overall, it's a fantastic game but it's definitely not groundbreaking in any means.

Kazenji
This game is supposedly making it's way to the PC.

-Pr-
Rumours confirmed: The Steam page is up. Hopefully the first of many ps games to come to pc.

jaden_2.0
Glad non Sony folk will get to play this. It's a great game. Only hampered by the fact it was made by a small studio with a limited time frame and budget. If it was scaled up to Witcher 3/RDR2 size it would be one of the best games of the generation. Amazing back story, brilliant protagonist, great variety of characters and missions. They utilise the limited number of robots brilliantly to give varied tactics and strategies depending on type and numbers. The human opponents are a bit rubbish though.

Definitely recommend playing it though.

BackFire
Yeah, loved this game. Very cool people outside of Sony's infrastructure will be able to play it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.