The Wrath of Darth Vader - Star Wars Rebels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
/watch?v=4ipRiCrD03g

Zenwolf
Sabine should have died right there...anyway, that aside it looks nice. Can't wait to see Vader kick all kinds of ****.

carthage
They're going to nerf him so badly so that those losers from the Main cast survive lol.

He could've easily stalled that Lamda shuttle with telekinesis, and there is no way Sabine should've lived.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by carthage
They're going to nerf him so badly so that those losers from the Main cast survive lol.

He could've easily stalled that Lamda shuttle with telekinesis, and there is no way Sabine should've lived.

It seems to me Vader was just toying with them and has a far bigger plan in mind considering his dialogue.

But...yeah, if he is nerfed, I just hope it's nothing drastic.

ares834
Characters in the films and the non-Genndy TV shows don't use the force to stop shuttles... That sorta shit is reserved for the comics, books, and games. Here his power will be more on a level with characters from the films.

|King Joker|
He was, like, literally right behind them and he didn't/couldn't do shit, lmfao. Pathetic. That was something I was hoping they'd avoid. And like carthage said stalling that ship with the Force should be well within his range of capabilities - even in the new canon.

ares834
Just like preventing Luke from falling am I right?

|King Joker|
Seeing as how he just previously casually threw Kanan and Ezra around he should be more than capable of preventing them from escaping on the shuttle, to be honest.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Seeing as how he just previously casually threw Kanan and Ezra around he should be more than capable of preventing them from escaping on the shuttle, to be honest.

Didn't he throw around ships in LoS? Or was it Tarkin?

But even still yeah, he should have been able to stop the shuttle considering his TK power and overall power accolades/feats in the new canon already. But honestly, it seems like he has something much bigger planned in mind.

ares834

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Didn't he throw around ships in LoS? Or was it Tarkin?

But even still yeah, he should have been able to stop the shuttle considering his TK power and overall power accolades/feats in the new canon already. But honestly, it seems like he has something much bigger planned in mind. If they're going to make his power level the same as in the movies in Rebels then they shouldn't be having him doing crazy shit in the supposedly aligned and consistent new books/comics. Having varying power-levels in different forms of media is just stupid now that they were given a fresh slate to make things consistent. That's how I view it.

Zenwolf
No I know there are inconsistencies, I was just merely asking.

Also if he did Ares, then there ya go King, no worries.

ares834
If they're going to make his power level the same as in the movies in Rebels then they shouldn't be having him doing crazy shit in the supposedly aligned and consistent new books/comics. Having varying power-levels in different forms of media is just stupid now that they were given a fresh slate to make things consistent. That's how I view it.

I agree. But I feel this a problem with LotS. It made Vader far too powerful. It's completely inconsistent with what we see in the films and is not something I (a Vader fanboy) want to see.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ares834
I agree. But I feel this a problem with LotS. It made Vader far too powerful. It's completely inconsistent with what we see in the films and is not something I (a Vader fanboy) want to see. Yeah, well I suppose it was inevitable. Unfortunate nonetheless.

Nargaroth
To me, it looks like Vader was toying with them. At the end of the video, he says that the Rebels wouldn't leave Lothal yet, implying that he was holding back. And as far as consistency with the movies goes, Vader was clearly holding back in them, and not using the full scope of his powers, so I don't see the problem there.

ares834

Nephthys
This is exactly the reason for my complaint when LotS came out. erm

Nargaroth
That's not just about Lots however. TCW also has feats like Palpatine chocking Darth Tyranus from across the galaxy, Maul pulling a ship off a cliff under negative circumstances, and Dooku lifting something like 15 multi ton obelisks. Heck, even pre-prime Ashoka collapsed a large wall wih ease. Oh, and there's also Anakin destroying the support binders of a huge building while underwater.

All (or almost all) these showings are noticeably, and sometimes much better than anything we've seen in the movies, and mostly done by characters below or well below Sidious and Yoda. It just looks like SW characters have been made more powerful in any medium recently.

ares834

The_Tempest
Inconsistent power levels?? In Star Wars? nowai

Originally posted by Nephthys
This is exactly the reason for my complaint when LotS came out. erm

The only time you dislike epic feats is when they concern movie characters. #transparent

laughing out loud

FreshestSlice
I kind of hate the inconsistencies, but it's understandable given the limits of actually reproducing them with live action or animation in tv shows.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
The only time you dislike epic feats is when they concern movie characters. #transparent

laughing out loud

Which is why the 1st Clone Wars cartoon is one of my favorite things in the EU. #reaching

Darth Abonis
The Force is not consistent. It works best for the situation. Yet, I agree, Sabine should be dead, unless her armor is bes'kar or something

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
The Force is not consistent. It works best for the situation. Yet, I agree, Sabine should be dead, unless her armor is bes'kar or something

Plot armor, the best.

WildBantha88
She is a Man do. She might just have really baws armor

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Yet, I agree, Sabine should be dead,

Why? She's wearing a helmet. That's what helmets are for. Plus the exact same thing happened with Boba Fett in one of the comics, yet nobody whinges about that.

As much as I despise Mandalorians (with exceptions like Sabine, she's awesome), they do make great armour.

|King Joker|
thumb up Not sure why the "Sabine should've died" comments are popping up.

Emperordmb
people complain about a lot of stupid shit, but if somebody wearing a non-standard helmet literally survives a blaster-shot to the face, clearly the helmet is an in-universe explanation.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Why? She's wearing a helmet. That's what helmets are for. Plus the exact same thing happened with Boba Fett in one of the comics, yet nobody whinges about that.

As much as I despise Mandalorians (with exceptions like Sabine, she's awesome), they do make great armour.

Except there's actual info on Boba's armor, yet nothing on Sabine in regarding her armor, but when did Boba take a hit to the face like that? That and the DeathWatch has pretty much the same armor, yet they were blasted apart by blaster pistols too. Forgetting that in this new canon, Mando Iron isn't in it nor is Beskar so....the Mandos shown just have regular armor from the looks of it with unique features for flamethrowers and the like....at least for now.

So...I mean I'm sure it'll be explained but really the visor should at least have been busted or at the VERY least cracked as the bolt hit dead on.

Either that or she just used some low blaster power.

But I'm sure it'll be explained, I just found it stupid for that instance. If it is explained, fine, whatever, if not then I'm just gonna have to sigh.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Zenwolf
when did Boba take a hit to the face like that?

In the comic "Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire."

http://nukecd.com/cayce/mandcomix/Boba%20Fett%20-%20Enemy%20of%20the%20Empire%204/Star%20Wars%20-%20Boba%20Fett%20-%20Enemy%20of%20the%20Empire%2004%20-%2009.jpg

Fett gets his own back though.

http://nukecd.com/cayce/mandcomix/Boba%20Fett%20-%20Enemy%20of%20the%20Empire%204/Star%20Wars%20-%20Boba%20Fett%20-%20Enemy%20of%20the%20Empire%2004%20-%2011.jpg

Probably the best and most accurate depiction of a Sith Lord vs. bounty hunter (or similar character type) fight I've ever seen.

chilled monkey
thumb up Not sure why the "Sabine should've died" comments are popping up.

Thanks.

Me neither.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by chilled monkey
In the comic "Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire."

Fett gets his own back though.

Probably the best and most accurate depiction of a Sith Lord vs. bounty hunter (or similar character type) fight I've ever seen.
Props to Fett thumb up he just keeps going lol.

Tzeentch
Why didn't Vader just crush his larynx with a gesture?

Emperordmb
Maybe respect? Maybe he thinks Boba will be useful in the future?

The_Tempest
Plot armor > The Force

Zenwolf
Problem with that scan though, it's fine and well, but the bolt didn't hit directly between the eyes on the visor unlike Sabine's bolt did.

That and that is Legends, this is new canon.

Legends armor > Canon armor.

You can't really say that just because Legends Boba took a similar shot, that Sabine can when her armor is in this new canon and there's not any specifics on it.

Now again, IF there is some explanation to what Sabine's armor consists of, then fine i'll take it.

But right now?....No.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Why didn't Vader just crush his larynx with a gesture?

The very next page he starts doing exactly that. Fett only survives by throwing the casket Vader wants over the cliff and then running for it while he's preoccupied with retrieving it.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Maybe respect? Maybe he thinks Boba will be useful in the future?

Vader does acknowledges this later.

Zenwolf
All in all really, I can't wait to see Vader kick some serious ass. Even if he can't kill the main cast...at least yet.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Plot armor > The Force thumb up

ILS
Holy shit, this has to be the silliest debate I've ever seen. If Sabine's armor is blaster-proof/resistant, then that's that. Not sure what's sparking such an uproar in some of you LOL.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ILS
Holy shit, this has to be the silliest debate I've ever seen. If Sabine's armor is blaster-proof/resistant, then that's that. Not sure what's sparking such an uproar in some of you LOL.

I don't have a problem with it being such, I just want it noted as it is and not just waved off.

Plus the least it could do, was have the visor be cracked or broken, the bolt hit dead on there and yet I didn't see any damage to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.