Best Leader in DC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Caps Conscience
Who is it and why?

DarkSaint85
Nightwing.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2818989-nightwing_bio.jpg

relentless1
^ yup, nightwing. Has the leadership skills the Bat taught him but has a better personality than Bruce thats better suited to lead

cdtm
Martian Manhunter.

Henry_Pym
Red Robin is underrated.

Adam Grimes
Constantine... thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Martian Manhunter.

Sure, if the team consists of Rhino, Killer Croc, Wrecking Crew, Gargan Venom and other famous jobbers laughing out loud

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nightwing.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/80103/2818989-nightwing_bio.jpg

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad166/themanwonder/Leadership/btb15-dcu2.jpg

thumb up

Star428
Best leaders in comics are those who inspire others and no one does that better than Superman himself. If you're asking who is the best battlefield general then I'd have to pick Batman, I guess.

riv6672
Thats YOUR definition of a leader, and thats fine, but its not completely accurate. A leader needs to inspire yes, but he needs to know where to put all the moving pieces to win the battle.
Superman inspires. Batman moves the pieces.

Nightwing does both.

Nightwing is the best leader.

Facee
Agreed on Bats, Supes, but there's something about Wonder Woman especially in the battle field that would seem inspiring to some.

StiltmanFTW
More like distracting...

riv6672
^^^laughing

Star428
Originally posted by riv6672
Thats YOUR definition of a leader, and thats fine, but its not completely accurate. A leader needs to inspire yes, but he needs to know where to put all the moving pieces to win the battle.
Superman inspires. Batman moves the pieces.

Nightwing does both.

Nightwing is the best leader.

....and that's your opinion, riv. Doesn't make it true anymore than mine makes mine. Of course Superman is not the best combat leader but there's much more to being a leader than commanding units. I specified battlefield general seperately from an overall leader for a reason. A wise leader of a nation, for instance, takes the advice of his best generals while the generals don't lead the nation itself. Pretty significant difference.

riv6672
Mine's a LITTLE more true. wink
Not sure what you do for a living but i've attended 4 different leadership courses, so, yeah, what you're describing Superman to be is a figurehead.
At best he's a Very competent Company Commander with Batman as his 1SG.

Nightwing is the more complete package. Like a Warrant Officer who came up through the enlisted ranks (from sidekick to teen hero to adult hero) and now has the experience, is a subject matter expert, has the rank to make major decisions, and elicits the respect of subordinates, peers, and superiors alike.

Star428
Again, you're making it sound like being the best military leader is the same as being the best overall leader when it's clearly not. I don't care about any leadership courses you've attended. It doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than mine. They still aren't the same thing and this is the last I'm going to say on the subject so guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Your analogy is flawed, btw.

-Pr-
I think Nightwing is the best combination of both, but I don't think he's as inspiring as Superman or as cunning as Batman, so I wouldn't put him above either of those.

riv6672
Agree to disagree.
No way are you or Star going to convince me Superman or Batman are the better leaders. Nightwing only has one person who offers him true competition in this category, and he doesnt reside at DC.

-Pr-
Agree to disagree.
No way are you or Star going to convince me Superman or Batman are the better leaders. Nightwing only has one person who offers him true competition in this category, and he doesnt reside at DC.

It depends on how you classify leader, I suppose. It's a pretty vague term.

riv6672
Aside from my personal opinion, we've had a leadership vs here before, it was NW and Cap being debated, they took the thread easily.

-Pr-
Aside from my personal opinion, we've had a leadership vs here before, it was NW and Cap being debated, they took the thread easily.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that. Just saying I don't agree.

The Nuul
Aside from the top names or the ones that haven been said in this thread already, I'm going to make a nod and say Aquaman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Nuul
Aside from the top names or the ones that haven been said in this thread already, I'm going to make a nod and say Aquaman.

He's good, but I don't think he's so much a team leader is he is a tactician. he's a good strategist, but an awful politician.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
He's good, but I don't think he's so much a team leader is he is a tactician. he's a good strategist, but an awful politician.

Oh my bad, this is about peace, and not war? Since when do politicians or leaders do that? stick out tongue

riv6672
Not sure what that last says about him as a King...

-Pr-
Not sure what that last says about him as a King...

he's a good and fair king. he just tends to think big picture rather than in the here and now.

SquallX
Diana.

Blair Wind
Superman is the ultimate figure head - he leads because people want to follow him. He's not the best tactical/strategic leader though, which is why Diana/Bruce tend to be in charge of that.

Nightwing is the most capable leader (in both ability to lead and inclination of others to follow).

Supermutant
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/63585/4.jpeg

riv6672
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Superman is the ultimate figure head - he leads because people want to follow him. He's not the best tactical/strategic leader though, which is why Diana/Bruce tend to be in charge of that.

Nightwing is the most capable leader (in both ability to lead and inclination of others to follow).
QFT

RangerDX
LOL @ anyone that thinks a crazy, insecure, stubborn sociopath like Batman would make for a better leader than Grayson, as strategically brilliant as the Bats is. By Batmans own admission as well as pretty much everyone else that knows both well enough, Grayson is a better leader. I dont even see what makes him a better leader than Deathstroke TBH. John gave a good account of both him and Supermans weaknesses

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/7/72524/3660613-4594975959-chafe.jpg

Here are some feats of his leadership: http://nightwingfeats.blogspot.ca/p/leadership.html

Like someone else said Grayson is the best of both worlds. Hes the best leader for sure, like the Steve Rogers of DC in that sense. Sinestro is 2nd for me (shocked he hasnt been mentioned, he may be Space Hitler but his leadership feats as a Lantern, GL, Sinestro corps etc over galaxies and years are legendary)

riv6672
^^^Nice post.
I'd forgotten about Stewart's assessment in that story. Could have saved myself some typing yesterday.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman /thread

riv6672
roll eyes (sarcastic)

SquallX
This is for the OP, are we only counting good guys, or can we use the bad guys as well?

Prof. T.C McAbe
roll eyes (sarcastic)

You don't like other oppinions, "Poster of the Year"?

riv6672

Prof. T.C McAbe

riv6672
You studied to be a self important fanboy message board poster? https://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/spointing_you_100-100.gif

-Pr-
Guys, cut it out. Stay on topic, or don't post.

DarkSaint85
How about Wonder Woman?

Strategy/tactics? Batman level.

Politician? Well, considering she was actually an ambassador, she def qualifies...

riv6672
I'd put her in DCs top 15 or so, if only because i cant see her being as cold or Machiavellian as some others.

Not because she's a woman either, as i'd rate Amanda Waller higher, the cold hearted *****...thumb up

-Pr-
Diana's good, but I wouldn't rate her as being Batman levels of cunning. She's more like Arthur, imo.

The Nuul
Diana's good, but I wouldn't rate her as being Batman levels of cunning. She's more like Arthur, imo.

I agree with that. So it's just comes down to two or three leaders? There has to be more that can do the role of a great leader.

DarkSaint85

With a bit more diplomacy than Arthur.

Preboot, of course. Not sure I like the whole 'fish out of water' thing they had with Diana...

riv6672
Diana. Fish out of water. Arthur. I see what you did there.^^^

riv6672
Originally posted by The Nuul
I agree with that. So it's just comes down to two or three leaders? There has to be more that can do the role of a great leader.
A lot of the characters mentioned ARE great leaders.

Star428
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How about Wonder Woman?

Strategy/tactics? Batman level.

Politician? Well, considering she was actually an ambassador, she def qualifies...

No way she's Batman-level in cunning, strategy, or tactics though she is probably #2 on the JLA in that area.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Star428
No way she's Batman-level in cunning, strategy, or tactics though she is probably #2 on the JLA in that area.

True, def #2. Then given her leadership of the Amazons, a bona fide politician and ambassador, and THE big gun for 50% of DC's population...I mean, she's not the figurehead that Supes is, but she's prob #2. Which means, all-round, she'd be top.

Omega Vision
Darkseid. dur

Edit: Surprised no one's even mentioned Brainiac 5.

riv6672
Why would they?

shadowknight
Leadership has been described as "a process of social influence in which a person can enlist the aid and support of others in the accomplishment of a common task".

While there' re different style of leadership both Superman & Batman can be considered excellent Leaders. Similar to Omar Bradley & Patton.

OB was loved by his troops and was called the G.I General yet was extremely competent had terrible losses against the Germans. Because he wasn't willing to push them to their limit. Patton was disliked but extremely respected by his men, he pushed them to near breaking point. But overall he had much greater success than Bradley and less death. So in your opinion who was the better leader?

The answer is obvious Patton, in a like manner Batman is the best leader in DC. Now having said that, there's a big difference on who I would like to serve under & who I know absolutely will get the job done and more likely then not keep me alive.

Blue Area Vet
I'm sorry, is there a battle involved?

Galan007
KC Superman.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c69f336fd559f30f59729a44ef444b7e/tumblr_mp8799jgR71r5c9yjo1_500.gif

riv6672
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
I'm sorry, is there a battle involved?
Every thread is a battle of wits.

celeyhyga17
Michael Holt..
Genius and people like him.

riv6672
I know he had a tenure as JSA chairman pre DCnu. Still, the characters being discussed have led through some of DCs biggest crises, no pun intended.

Omega Vision
Why would they?
For one thing, he can keep track of a MASSIVE superhero roster.

Mindset
Originally posted by Omega Vision
For one thing, he can keep track of a MASSIVE superhero roster. I could keep track of 150 Pokemon when I was 10, not that impressive.

Galan007
Nerd. thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
Nerd. thumb up Lol at Galan jealous that he never caught em all.

Omega Vision
A company just released Pokemon-themed condoms with the tagline "So you don't catch em all"

riv6672
Originally posted by Omega Vision
For one thing, he can keep track of a MASSIVE superhero roster.

Originally posted by Mindset
I could keep track of 150 Pokemon when I was 10, not that impressive.

laughing

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Lol at Galan jealous that he never caught em all. http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/1013/funny-pokemon-gif-breaking-bad.gif

One Big Mob

riv6672
My kids would know exactly what that means. yes

Insane Titan
Superman, he inspires people like no other can.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.