Help finding a quote source!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Two quotes have been posted back in 2009 by user Advent, both concerning Anakin Skywalker's superiority compared to his older Sith incarnations, supposedly statements from LFL:

"the injuries sustained on Mustafar severely hampered his lightsaber prowess."

"the skill and power Anakin demonstrates as a young man is much greater."

I personally would like to see these verified so we have canon statements putting ROTS Anakin over Darth Vader. My google search only finds that post by said user so I doubt the quotes' validity, if anyone can find the origin of these I'd be very grateful.

Emperordmb
I'd rather have that quote where ESB/ROTJ Vader muses that he's more powerful than ever tbh.

Trocity
I doubt he has any quotes praising how much better he is at lightsaber combat.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd rather have that quote where ESB/ROTJ Vader muses that he's more powerful than ever tbh.

Ya means this?

Also as of Insider 62 Tro, he does have such.

Also Ancient I don't recall ever seeing those quotes.

Emperordmb
Ooooooh thank you Zenwolf smile

Trocity
The Insider quote only speaks to his advancement post donning the suit.

It doesn't say he was better than he was as a Jedi.

Zenwolf
Ah didn't think you were speaking of that, thought you were just meaning generally. Although tbh, I'd say at the start his fighting style was hampered considering he had to adjust and rework his entire fighting style.

But after some time, I'd wager he'd be up there with his younger self or at least a notch behind.

Emperordmb
Still, that ROTJ quote thumb up

Selenial
I was under the impression he spoke during the new novel of how much more powerful he had become...

Trocity
He does indeed.

New canon ( at least in the novels/comics ) is making Vader out to be an uber badass.

Galan007
Advent's original post, citing the alleged source:
Originally posted by Advent
Indeed, it's stated on the official site's Q&A under Ep. VI Lore (the section "How could Luke beat Vader?"wink that "the injuries he sustained on Mustafar severely hampered his lightsaber prowess", noting that the "skill and power Anakin demonstrates as a young man is much greater".

I was unable to locate the source itself, though.

Darth Luminous
Originally posted by Selenial
I was under the impression he spoke during the new novel of how much more powerful he had become...

"His injuries had deformed his body, left it in ruin, but they'd perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force." - Lords of the Sith

Originally posted by AncientPower
My google search only finds that post by said user so I doubt the quotes' validity, if anyone can find the origin of these I'd be very grateful.

I don't know if this is just coincidence, but the "severely hampered his lightsaber prowess" part definitely rang a bell. From Pablo Hidalgo's "Answers to Your Star Wars Questions" in Insider 72:

"If you asked George Lucas about the outcome of the duel, he'd likely say it's what the story needed. For those craving a more specific explanation, keep in mind that Lucas has said that we've never seen true Jedi fighting in the original trilogy. In other words, the skill and power that Anakin shows as a young man is greater than what we see in the classic films. As Vader, Anakin is more machine than man, and being a half-droid construct has seriously hampered his lightsaber prowess. Luke, though not as skilful or acrobatic as the young Jedi of the prequels, is still a formidable opponent, and he is very strong in the Force."

Zenwolf
Tbh I always found him being weaker in suit to be kinda wonky. Especially with the way The Force works about not giving a shit on size or ability or whatever.

That and it's not like it was ever stated to be hindering him at all Force wise, in canon(as far as movies go, not saying any EU Legends work).

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
"His injuries had deformed his body, left it in ruin, but they'd perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force." - Lords of the Sith thumb up and that was on the first page of the book

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
"His injuries had deformed his body, left it in ruin, but they'd perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force." - Lords of the Sith

I don't know if this is just coincidence, but the "severely hampered his lightsaber prowess" part definitely rang a bell. From Pablo Hidalgo's "Answers to Your Star Wars Questions" in Insider 72:

"If you asked George Lucas about the outcome of the duel, he'd likely say it's what the story needed. For those craving a more specific explanation, keep in mind that Lucas has said that we've never seen true Jedi fighting in the original trilogy. In other words, the skill and power that Anakin shows as a young man is greater than what we see in the classic films. As Vader, Anakin is more machine than man, and being a half-droid construct has seriously hampered his lightsaber prowess. Luke, though not as skilful or acrobatic as the young Jedi of the prequels, is still a formidable opponent, and he is very strong in the Force."

That, however, doesn't necessarily mean that Vader was FAR less skilled than Anakin during all his time as a Sith, because we know that he managed to adapt to his suit.

DarthAnt66
The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Collector's Edition (Canadian Variation).

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Collector's Edition (Canadian Variation).
I think the words "Ultimate" and "Limited" are missing from that title tbh.

LadyKulvax
Isn't the old starwars.com archived?

Galan007
These excerpts taken from Star Wars Insider #62("Fightsaber"wink pertain to this discussion, me thinks...

ANH-era:
http://i.imgur.com/kU31DPx.png

ESB-era:
http://i.imgur.com/q8oPWhY.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZbDxYzV.png

RotJ-era:
http://i.imgur.com/jyX1DUD.png

Emperordmb
Why do people want Anakin to be > Vader is a question I have. He's an infinitely more awesome character as Vader, so this desire to see Anakin>Vader is just something that confuses me.

Zenwolf
Eh new canon has Vader > Anakin anyway Emperor, so moot really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.